One VERY Awkward Morning

By StarFar

Niall's stuck in London by himself becasue of the weather in Ireland. Harry and Zayn are with thier family an... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thiry-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two

Chapter Fifteen

12.9K 197 29
By StarFar

You guys asked for it.

*Louis’ POV*

It was weird being in a bed by myself, I’d gotten so used to having Niall curled up next to me, the warmth from his body radiating out to me. I tossed and turned trying to find a position that was comfortable but failed epically. I kept thinking about what Niall was doing.

‘You idiot, he’s probably asleep’ I said to myself. I looked over at the clock. Of course he’s asleep, I thought, it’s two thirty, any sane person would be, too bad I’m not sane.

It was two thirty and I hadn’t slept a wink. Signing in exasperation I climbed out of bed and walked quickly to Harry’s room. I opened the door quietly and crawled into bed next to him.

‘Feeling lonely?’ Harry’s voice came out even more gravelly then usual due to the late hour.

‘It’s been over two weeks since I slept in a bed by myself.’ I replied quietly, pulling the blankets up over myself.

He chuckled quietly ‘Come here then.’ His back was towards me but he was looking over his shoulder at me.

I wriggled over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling him back against my chest.

Harry gave a small sigh. ‘It’s nice to have you back.’

I grinned ‘You too Hazza.’ I replied

‘Night Lou.’

‘Night Harry.’

It didn’t feel right. Ok so it felt nice to be back with my best mate but I still wasn’t completely comfortable. It was just little things that were annoying me like Harry’s waist being too big making it harder to wrap my arms around him or him having too much hair and it was getting in my face and he doesn't smell right.

In other word he’s not Niall, I finally admitted to myself. It’s fine, I tried to convince myself, it’ll just take me a couple of days to get used to it and then I’ll be sleeping like a baby.

Niall sleeps like a baby; the thought came unbidden into my mind. He seriously does though, that boy could sleep though Armageddon. I sighed exasperated with myself, get a hold of yourself, stop thinking about Niall and go to sleep.

I tried, I really did and eventually I did end up falling to sleep but that only resulted in me dreaming about him again though thankfully it wasn’t like the first time and I didn’t wake up with a stiff one.

Harry was already up when I woke. Niall had never gotten up before me and left me in a cold bed, just another thing that made him unlike Niall; with Niall it was practically impossible to get him up in the morning whereas Harry was such a morning person.

I sighed and dragged my hand over my face; I couldn’t get Niall out of my head no matter how hard I tried. I kept thinking about all the sweet stuff he’d done, like the way he’d held me when I was crying about leaving the girls or the way he behaved around the twins or how protective he’d become over Lottie and Fizzy. Then there were the little things like how he always helped clean up after tea even when no one asked him too or how he’d got the girls junk food and hidden it under their pillows or how he always snuggled into my chest when we went to bed. Niall’s hugs are amazing, I love how his arms are stronger then Eleanor’s and make me feel safe and protected and how rough his hands are and how amazing he smells.

Wait what? I snapped out of my day dreaming, he’s one of my best mates I wasn’t supposed to be thinking about him like that. Yet no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t stop.

I groaned in exasperation, today is going to be a very long day.

*Niall’s POV*

It was awesome to spend time with my mother, just doing little things like the dishes after breakfast and watching movies and what not.

‘You’ve gotten worst.’ Mum said suddenly while we were cooking lunch.

‘Gotten worst? At what?’ I asked in confusion.

‘You used to talk about him a lot but now it’s just like none stop.’ She replied as she sliced up a tomato for the pasta sauce.

‘Talk about whom?’ I asked innocently.

‘You know exactly who I am talking about.’ Of course I knew who she was talking about, how could I not, Louis was on my mind one hundred precent of the time.

I sighed in defeat, no way was Mum going to let this drop.

‘How was your week with him? Have a nice cuddle on the trampoline?’

My head shot up. ‘How did you know about that?’

‘Louis called me the next day to organise me coming over here.’ She replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. ‘He seemed quite concerned about you.’

‘We’re just friends Mum.’ I replied ‘He doesn’t think about me like that.’

‘Are you sure about that?’ She asked with raised eyebrows ‘When he called he kept going on about how he wanted you to be happy and how much he loves your smile.’

My eyes went wide and a blush spread across my cheeks. He said that about me? He likes my smile? I smiled biting my lip.

Am I sure about how he feels about me? I asked myself, he had almost kissed me. Of course I’m sure, I answered myself while giving myself a mental slap, he just got carried away and it’s not like we haven’t kissed before not on the mouth but still. Anyway I don’t know for sure he was going for my mouth or even that he was going to kiss me to begin with. And the whole bringing my mother over here thing? He was just being his normal protective bigger brother self that he always is around me.

‘Mum Louis’ as straight as a door nail.’ I sighed

‘I wouldn’t be so sure.’ She replied knowingly ‘People who don’t feel anything for you don’t spend all night cuddling on the trampoline with you.’

‘Yeah but Louis’ always been protective, he was just looking out for me besides he just broke up with Eleanor.’ I replied

‘Exactly, he’s protective of you, not the other boys and he broke up with his girlfriend and then spent the whole next week with you.’ I sighed in exasperation. ‘I’m just saying maybe you shouldn’t completely ignore the possibility that it could work between you two. I just want you to be happy.’

‘I know you do.’ I replied ‘I’m glad you’re here.’

‘I’m glad I’m here too.’

*Louis’ POV*

I spent most of the day moping around the house missing Niall.

I was trying to catch up on some of the sleep I’d missed the night before but to no avail. This is seriously ridiculous, I told myself, if you’re so desperate to see him just go and see him. I’d just about made up my mine to get up off my bed and go over there when I heard voices down stairs. I couldn’t bring myself to move from where I lay, spread out, face down on my bed. If they want to talk to me they’ll come find me, I told myself.

Shortly afterwards the voices stopped and I heard someone come banging up the stairs.

I wished they would keep it down; sleeping is so much easier when its quiet, not that I was getting any sleep right now anyway.

‘Louis?’ A beautiful Irish voice asked from the door way. I flew up off the bed and almost ran to stand in front of him.

Niall stared at me like I was from another planet and I seriously wanted to hit my head against a wall. What the hell were you thinking jumping up like that? I patronised myself.

‘Are you ok?’ He asked concerned.

‘Yeah I’m fine,’ I replied ‘just a bit jumpy; I didn’t get much sleep last night. Where’s Maura?’ I asked changing the topic.

‘She went to bed early, said she was still tired from the trip.’ Niall explained

I nodded not saying anything.

‘Anyway I wanted to properly say thank you for arranging to have her fly over here, you’re the best friend ever.’ Niall gushed

I chuckled ‘I am aren’t I? And you already said thank you, a dozen times.’

‘I know but this is just one of those things where I’m going to be saying thank you for a very long time.’ Niall replied ‘I mean I was missing her so much and you go all the way to arranging this and paying for the tickets and comforting me when I was upset and you’re just amazing.’ He through his arms around my neck and clung to me. ‘I’ll never repay you for this.’

‘You don’t have to Niall.’ I replied hugging him back, dreading when I would have to let go. ‘I just hated seeing you so unhappy and I wanted to do something about it. Your smiles to gorgeous to be missing for long.’

Niall pulled away slightly to stare at me. Way to go Louis, I again had the urge to hit my head against a wall, way to act normal around him.

Suddenly Niall’s lips were on mine and they were warm and soft and amazing.

Wait, what? My eyes went huge as I realised what was actually happening. Before I had a chance to respond Niall’s eyes shot open, becoming wide and a look of horror came across his face.

He pulled away as quickly as he’d done it and stood their staring at me with the same horrified look on his face. ‘I’m sorry I don’t know why I did that. I didn’t mean to, I mean you’re my friend, my guy friend; I don’t think about you like that. I don’t know what happened. I’m so sorry. I’m just going to go.’ He gushed before turning on his heels and practically fleeing down the stairs.

I heard Harry’s confused voice before hearing the front door open and close with a bang.

I could hear Harry coming up the stairs.

Great now I’m going to have some explaining to do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577 18 12
not your average one direction fanfic :-)
28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
32.8K 232 18
When Maddie's life takes an unexpected turn, she is forced to go live in London with an old friend. She finds her self falling in love with his best...
1.6M 47.4K 28
Louis has fallen head over heels with his Kitten boy Harry, and Harry loves Louis just as much. But as things go, not everything can go perfect all t...