Treacherous

By dropstodream

❝We were born to love, but fated to hate. ❞ The Vigorous Moonlight Pack and the Tumultuous Moon Wolf Pack hav... More

Treacherous
1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.

2.

3.2K 131 18
By dropstodream

Chapter 2

The awkward silence was intoxicating.

For a few seconds, our eyes were locked in its position of shock, confusion, and most of all - utter disbelief. And as much as I would love to disregard the wanting feeling of touching his face, to hold him, just to see how it would be - I couldn't. Correction: I wouldn't. His brown eyes were the most captivating thing I have ever seen. I found myself remembering of autumn leaves through those eyes, chocolate caramel. There was a hint of darkness in them, but even the darkness enthralled me.

He was Atlas. He was the son of the Alpha. He was the future Alpha of the Tumultuous pack. He was the wolf that my people were told to fear. He was the reason most of the wolves of my pack had no strength to recover to their original ability. He killed Daisy's mate. I didn't know how many wolves he actually killed, but I knew he gave eternal injuries and pain to anyone who came before him. I couldn't' forget that.

Suddenly, the voice yelling Atlas was so close, I could feel her invading scent of uncertainty. It broke me from my trance, which I really needed. Atlas, finally seemed to awake at the same second, however he didn't move. I wanted to say something, anything really. I was desperate to make a conversation, try to hear his voice again.

And that's when I stopped. How could I think any of this? Any of it? This was beyond selfishness; this was practically treason to my pack. I needed to control my feelings, my instincts, and the screaming wolf inside me.

"Atlas! What the hell are you doing? Kill her!" The girl appeared from the bushes, and I caught her curly blonde hair and I caught her sparkling blue eyes staring at me in fear. Without thinking, I released my arrow, going in the direction of Atlas. It missed him by a centimeter, running past his ear. At the same time, I felt something sharp I past my neck; probably a knife. However, the knife didn't miss me as much as I wished it would have. I felt it run the side of my neck. I felt my blood trailing down my throat.

Looking into those chocolate brown eyes, one last time, I ran.

I didn't know why, I wasn't sure why, but I knew I had to get out of there. I couldn't look at him, knowing he was the son of Alpha that killed my mother. I ran fast as a wolf could, fast as I could. There was nothing else my heart wanted to do. I could fight him knowing we were mates. I couldn't kill the one that the moon goddess made for me. I couldn't even look him in the eye without feeling my whole body fluster. But even with as fast I was running and the intoxicating air around me, I could not forget those eyes. Yet, I couldn't forget he was Atlas; he was an enemy.

When exactly did my life turn into Romeo and Juliet? I would have liked it if it didn't.

However, it took just seconds before the girl had starting running towards me. Her claws out, I dodged her attack and slipped by a centimeter. Grabbing my arrow, I aimed her shoulder before she dodged my attack. She wasn't a bad fighter, I had to admit. But at the moment, she became distracted, and another arrow pierced through her other elbow. A vicious scream entered my ears. She slowly fell beside Atlas, who had come in the fight.

Atlas came following and I ran to the other side. He looked down at the girl, before his anger charged at me. So much for being mates.

It took two seconds for him to reach me and pulled the arrow from my fingers. I didn't even see him coming. The strength in his hands was more powerful than anything I have ever experienced. And his speed. I was never trained in the perfection he was.

"Not so much of a fighter are you now?" He smirked. I stepped back, until I found my back against a tree. Atlas was there, wearing his smirk like it was his nature. I felt him step closer until his hand rested on top of mine against the tree. It was at that moment I realized he had trapped me. I nudged him in the groin before he fell to his side. The knife resting on the base of my boots came before me and I found myself pressing towards his neck. This time, I smirked.

Suddenly, his right arm pulled the knife back until it slipped from my fingers. Just as he was about to grab me, I lunged in the other direction. Grabbing my arrows, I slowly aimed them at him from the ground beneath me. I released it, aiming it past his shoulder.

Atlas continued to wear his obnoxious but somehow endearing smirk.

"What is wrong with you Atlas? Do something!" I suddenly remembered the girl that was behind in the other direction. I remembered she was still here. 

However, it was also at that moment when I realized there were other wolves moving towards us. I could feel it. I could smell the Tumultuous wolves. They were getting near and it was obvious they were looking for Atlas and the girl. Atlas seemed to realize this as well as he looked around. His eyes had widened.

Run. Atlas mounted. Run. Now.

I understood. There were too many wolves coming towards us. I headed in the other direction as fast as I could, but it was going to take more than demanding myself to not fall for Atlas. It was going to take a lot of work. His eyes, and how he had indeed saved my life said a lot.

But then I realized something before I could hold myself—Atlas just saved my life from his own pack of wolves. And that was a haunting feeling of something, and I didn't want it there.

____

By the time I got back to the pack, I was met by worried whispers. It was obvious my pack wasn't as happy as I thought they would. After all, we won today's battle. It was actually the first battle we won in a long, long time. Yet, I heard no cheering yells or sounds of happiness.

"Lyra! Oh my—you're okay!" Daisy yelled.

"Yeah, alive and everything," I answered, confused. Was I not supposed to be okay?

Everyone around me suddenly were suddenly shocked that I was walking in. Did they know about Atlas being my mate? What exactly was going on here?

"What happened? What did I miss?" I asked, trying to sound as jovial and insane as I usually did.

Suddenly, Nathan's worry voice filled the pack. "Lyra?" He demanded. Acacia was next to him, only beat up and even she held the worrisome face.

"I'm here!" I yelled. "What's wrong Nathan?"

His only response was a bear hug. Nathan's arms pulled me so close, I could feel his beating heart and I could stay there forever. I return his hug instantly. I feel all eyes of the pack on us.

"Nathan, will you tell me what's wrong?"

He didn't let go. Instead, he hugged me tighter. "You're okay. You're okay."

"Correction Nathan: I'm." I tell him.

He doesn't let go. "I thought they caught you. I thought Atlas caught you. Oh god, you're okay. Acacia told me to come back and check out the pack first. You're here." fabulous

Nathan's warmth is full of love, and I can't thank the universe enough for giving me a brother like that. Finally, he lets me go. I finally realize how beat down his face looks. The worried look in his eyes is still there and cuts and bruises are all over his body.

Acacias next and I feel her pull me into a hug as well. "Lyra, we thought something might have happened to you."

"I'm fine, as you can see. Not a single scratch on me. Trust me, you don't have to worry."

Acacia smiled softly. I turned to Nathan again and he finally seems to be calm.

"It's good you're here now, Lyra. We wouldn't have liked to lose another one of our pack members." That voice belonged to my Father. He actually sounded concerned. You see, my Father was not very an incentive man. Ever since my mom died at the hands of the Alpha of the Tumultuous Pack, all my father ever cared about was revenge and destruction. It changed him forever. I looked down at his eyes, the ones that were a mix of silver eyes. Nathan and I had our mother's eyes and her hair. Yet, my father nodded indirectly, almost being proud that I managed to make it out without an injury.

Suddenly, my father calls out the attention to the rest of the pack. "The people of the Vigorous Moonlight Pack, you have proved yourselves today. We lost two people today, Ed Quez and Anne Robertson. Their other halves are rebadged but this is war and all know this. So today, let the moon shine only for these brave soldiers."

I froze. Ed and Anne were dead. I couldn't believe it. Those people were one of the pack's greatest soldiers. They were brave, powering and kind. I didn't know them as well as I could of. Mostly because they were twice my age. But I knew them and I wished I didn't because my heart was falling and breaking. I wasn't into much of this peace world, but I didn't want the people of my pack to die anymore. We are the wolves, our loyalty is stronger for each other than any other creature on Earth.

"We have a new objective today." My father continued. "From now on, I set a new aim for us. Though our goals are always go win the battle, I will assign the best soldiers to kill a certain wolf. A wolf whose horror stories I am tired of hearing. A wolf whose actions I cannot bear to listen to anymore. A wolf, who put the future Alpha of this pack in a tremendous amount of pain. I am talking about Atlas Kane. I want him dead. I want him in pain and I want his last breath to be the most painful moments of his life."

___________________

Hello! LOOK.  I FINALLY UPDATED. I KNOW, I KNOW, ITS BEEN LIKE 7 MONTHS. but....
i updated? 

also, i apologize for any grammatrical errors. i did this in the middle of writing an english essay so. anyway, thank you for being so patient with this story! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 1.3K 54
vile and cruel, alpha Chad of the blood moon pack lives life by the old ways. Being superior to she wolfs and using chosen omegas to breed his pups...
706 32 52
Jaiyana Ranger and Asher McHanner are best friends, inseparable. Jaiyana's parents are the Alpha and Luna of the MoonLilly Pack. What happens when th...
38.3K 1.6K 49
Threequel/Third Installment to "Her Wolf Alpha" Began 26Oct2018 Amelia's firstborn son struggles with his place in the pack as he and his half-brothe...
1.4K 187 34
When the Winter Moon Pack Alpha asks an abused human girl to join him, she finds herself helping him chase a murderer intent on killing all of the wo...