Khrysopos ✔

By insigniftownsprsn

Juliet Ashton is 18, tired, and lonely. She doesn't bother trying to make friends at Carlton Academy, but som... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
PROLOGUE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
F I F T Y F O U R
F I F T Y F I V E
F I F T Y S I X
F I F T Y S E V E N
F I F T Y E I G H T
F I F T Y N I N E
S I X T Y
S I X T Y O N E
S I X T Y T W O
S I X T Y T H R E E
S I X T Y F O U R
S I X T Y F I V E
the aftermath
why tf are u reading this crap
fluff nonsense

FORTY TWO

8.5K 317 178
By insigniftownsprsn

- Narrator's POV -

Juliet kissed him back.

It was a soft kiss - deep, and yet warm and nice and lovely all at once. His hands were wrapped around her waist, and her hands found themselves in his black hair.

Alex was on cloud nine.

Juliet slowly pulled back, staring into his brown eyes. He was a little flushed. Her cheeks heated a little - she was shy.

Juliet Ashton was shy.

Alex Camden's face was on fire, and he felt as though he could walk on the boiling sun and not feel a thing except the euphoria on his lips. He couldn't believe what had just happened.

"Was it a good first kiss?" Juliet whispered to him.

"It was," he said, "indescribable."

She grinned. He grinned.

"Was I - was I okay?" He asked hesitantly.

She kissed him again. Deeply. After pulling back, she said, "would I kiss you again if you were a horrible kisser?"

He felt happy. "No. You wouldn't. You'd tell me to my face that I was horrible at it, and that I should work on my non-existent charm."

Juliet's laughter filled the room with happiness and light warmth and everything beautiful. "I cannot deny the fact that you are a charming boy, Alexander Camden." She said softly, "you're charming to me."

They stared at each other like lovestruck fools for some time. Then, Juliet whispered, "Alex... I'm hungry." She leaned closer.

But he said, "I went out and brought you chips." Alex offered, "they're in the drawer."

She beamed. "I actually meant to be seductive, but this works for me too. Where are they?"

Alex said, "can I hold you for a bit longer, please?"

She softened. This boy. "Of course you can." She rested her head on his shoulder.

And as the sun finally set, Alex felt her hand slowly reaching out to the drawer with the chips.

"Juliet. If you really want the chips that badly, then go ahead and have them. They're for you."

***
- Juliet's POV -

They went to have dinner, and they held hands.

During dinner, they pulled Nyssa, Marie, and Cain to sit with them along with the other two. Lara, Maya, and Nikolai could sit somewhere else.

Nyssa raised her eyes and said, "what's up with you two?"

Alex's face was dull. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Juliet's face broke into a grin, unable to help herself. Alex took one glance at her and broke into a smile.

Nathan said, annoyed, "you two kissed."

The chuckling did not cease as Juliet replied, "it was a great kiss." Alex was a little red in the face.

Everybody's jaw dropped.

Alex tried to not look too smug as he ate his dinner. Questions were fired away one by one and Juliet and Alex answered them all with quips.

Everybody had their game night. Juliet and Nyssa had a very competitive badminton game going on. It was a draw in the end.

Cain and Anders played video games. Adam was playing checkers with Nathan. Alex was reading. Marie was playing tennis with the same brown skinned girl Juliet saw her with the other day - her name was something like Via or Lia. Maybe Via? She and Marie seemed pretty close.

That night, after the games, Juliet snuggled next to Alex as she lay on his bed. They were hugging. Juliet whispered, "we should do something to commemorate this day."

"I think the fact that we kissed is commemoration enough," Alex said drily.

"No, that's boring. We should do something exciting."

"Thanks."

She grinned as she stared up at him. She smacked his cheek lightly. "How about we sneak out and do something illegal?"

"No."

"Skinny dipping?"

"Definitely not."

"Get matching bracelets?"

"That is acceptable."

"But I dislike bracelets," Juliet mumbled.

Alex sighed. "We will think it over in the morning."

Juliet grumbled.

***

- next morning -

Juliet was strolling through the streets of Greece, searching for something that Alex would like. At the moment, she was searching for a slogan t-shirt. After half an hour, she found it.

The shirt was black and it said hey, soldier. She grinned. Perfect.

While she walked towards the hotel, she walked past an animal shelter. A whine sounded from the store, and Juliet paused.

She took a few steps back and looked through the window. A small husky stared at her with bared teeth and big, cute eyes.

He growled at her.

Juliet's heart melted and her mind was set.

This asshole was going to be her best friend for life.

***

Everybody was packing. Their flight was in three hours and no delay was allowed.

Alex had got a t-shirt for Juliet to commemorate the day. She still hadn't come back from wherever it was that she had gone to.

When she finally did, though, she came with a big box.

Alex raised an eyebrow. "Juliet?"

She was beaming as she said, "don't freak out." She put the box down and opened it. A puppy came running out, sniffing everything. Alex took a sudden step back.

"A puppy?" He asked incredulously. "I got you a t-shirt and you got me a puppy?"

Juliet laughed. "I got me a puppy. I got you a t-shirt too, cretin."

Alex gave Juliet the t-shirt with the word "Khrysopos" on it. It meant "with golden eyes or face". Julie's golden hair and golden heart and golden laugh and beautiful green-gold eyes.

Juliet gave Alex a black t-shirt with the words hey, soldier on it. Alex flushed a little.

"How are you going to take this boy home?" Alex asked Juliet when they were already in the car, driving to the airport.

Juliet was absent mindedly playing with the baby husky. "I'll pay for his seat. I am not leaving him here."

"Where did you find him?"

"Animal shelter," she said. "He was crying there and when I looked at him, he looked like this angry punk who didn't appreciate me intruding on his private moment and I loved it. Apparently, someone abandoned him on the side of the road. He is around three months old."

The beautiful husky stared up at Alex. He released a small cute bark.

"What are you going to name him?" Alex asked softly.

"Typhon," Juliet decided. "The most dangerous of all Greek monsters."

The puppy barked again, and started licking Alex's face.

"Yes," Alex got out, trying to push the scary puppy away, "very dangerous indeed."

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387 10 1
An Ashton Irwin Fanfic. WARNING: MATURE AUDIANCES ONLY. 18+ Graphic Smut // Drug use Read at your own risk ---- preview ---- "Sweetheart..." he b...
5.6K 319 70
She was named after one of fiction's greatest lovers. Unfortunately so was he. When your name is Juliet people are going to bring up the famous Shak...
1.9K 228 66
"Twice I would die for a little more once with you." -Atticus ...
4.6K 149 75
This is your typical girl meets boy story, that's not too typical. Isabelle Wilson moves to a completely new town that she has no interest in moving...