The Darkest Sorrows (Book 1)

By AppleBear13

Kazumi Araki, a young girl with a frightened heart. Her parents are nowhere to be found after the 2nd great s... More

chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 2

177 4 0
By AppleBear13

"Naruto slow down!!" I said as he dragged me around town. "Oh sorry about that I'm just so excited to show you the best place in town!" He said with a big grin on his face. I sighed and we began to walk. We ended up in a ramen shop. "This is the best food in town??" I asked tilting my head. He nodded his head fiercely while chowing down on ramen.

Since I have never had ramen I was afraid to try it. I slowly split my chopsticks in half and put them in my bowl. I picked up some of the noodles and sniffed them. Then I put them in my mouth. It tasted amazing. I ate my bowl and gave it to the owner. I looked at Naruto to see he had eaten fifteen. I gasped and my eyes went wide.

"Let's take you back to your apartment." He said grabbing my hand and dragging me back to my apartment. I opened the door and sighed when I saw that the rest of team seven wasn't in my house anymore. I collapsed on the couch and saw Naruto walk through the door. "Don't you have to go home and rest?" I said tilting my head slightly.

He looked at me "Oh yeah." He said stupidly. I chuckled. "I'll see you tomorrow Kazumi!" He said with a wide grin then shut and locked the door. The sun had gone almost all the way down so I got ready for bed. I put on some pajama shorts and a t-shirt. I hoped in my bed and fell asleep.

                                                                             (NEXT DAY)

I shot up sweating and crying. My dreams just seem to get worse and worse, maybe I do need a therapist. I wiped off a tear falling from my emerald orb and hopped out of bed. I walked into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and brushed my long, coal black, wavy, hair. I dressed up in my ninja outfit and put my hair in a high ponytail. I walked into my kitchen and made an omelet.

I was just about to eat until I heard a knock on my door. I stood up and went over to the door and opened it revealing a ninja. "Are you Araki, Kazumi?" He asked. "Yes, I am," I said casually. "Lord Third wishes to see you immediately." He explained. I nodded my head and he left. I ate my breakfast and drank my water. I grabbed my keys, turned the lights off, and left locking the door behind me.

I walked down the streets' of Konoha admiring the scenery. I walked faster so I could get to the Hokage tower. I made it up to his office and knocked. "Come in." I heard. I walked through the door. and bowed. "You asked of my presence, sir?" I said continuing to bow. "Yes I did, I need to test your powers to see if you are worthy enough to become a genin or go to the academy." He said in a serious manner.

"Understood sir," I said and stood up. "Come on in." He said plainly. I looked towards the door and saw Kakashi come in. He looked at me then to Lord Hokage. "You called for me sir?" He said bowing. "Yes, I want you to spar with Kazumi, and test her ability." He said plainly. "Yes, Lord Third." He said bowing. "Your both dismissed." He said and we both left.

"So Kakashi where will we spar?" I asked excitedly "At the training grounds." He said not even bothering to look at me. I looked in front of me and saw a clearing. I walked out a little farther than him and stood in a battle stance. "You ready?" He asked, putting his guard up. I nodded my head and ran at him.

I went to kick him but he dodged, then I swiftly swung my leg at his legs and almost made him trip but he dodged that as well. I then jumped up and landed on his head. "Light style, emotion trigger," I said quietly. He tried to move but he was too late I touched his forehead and he stopped moving. What I did was send him through all his negative memories.

I jumped off his head and he fell over in the genjutsu I put him in. The genjutsu is breakable but no one I've used it on has been able to break it so it is very powerful. I released the genjutsu and he woke up. I could see all of the emotions go through his one eye. "I think I went a little overboard," I said to myself. I looked at him and he didn't move.

My eyes widened and I ran over to him. I got on my knee's and put my hand on his shoulder and shook him. "Kakashi wake up it's ok they were just memories." Then his hand shot out and grabbed onto my neck. He slowly stood up and tightened his grip on me. My feet lifted off of the floor and I scratched at his hand to try and pry it off. "Ka...Kakashi s-stop. Y-your g-gonna k-kill me." I breathlessly said.

He didn't listen and he pushed my back up against the tree. I couldn't do a jutsu, I was helpless in this situation. My eyes began to blur and my hearing went fuzzy. My eyes began to roll to the back of my head until I saw someone hit Kakashi and he dropped me. I fell down and coughed, holding my throat, desperate for air to enter my lungs. I looked up to see Sasuke.

"W-what are y-you doing h-here S-Sasuke?" I asked hoarsely and still coughing. He helped me up. "I knew Kakashi was sparring with you and I wanted to come and watch but it seems he went overboard." He said, looking at Kakashi's sleeping figure. "I put a genjutsu on him but I didn't expect him to lash out like that," I said scared. I began to heal my throat which only took a matter of seconds.

I stood up and looked at Sasuke. "Thank you again," I said bowing. "Hn" was all that came out of his mouth. He began to walk away. "Hey, Sasuke come here for a second," I said plainly. He stopped and turned around he began to walk towards me and Kakashi, but then I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards Kakashi.

I kneeled down next to Kakashi and so did he. "What are you doing?" He asked suspiciously. "Do you want to see Kakashi's past?" I asked. His eyes widened but then he nodded his head. I smiled then grabbed his hand. He flinched but didn't say anything. I touched Kakashi's forehead and saw everything in seconds.

My eyes widened and I gasped, backing away from him."H-h-his past was...was only s-sorrow and p-pain." I said out loud. Sasuke also had his eyes wide and he backed away as well. I let go of his hand and stood up. "No wonder he lashed out," I said scarcely. "Sasuke we need to wake him up," I said.

He nodded his head and we both shook him then jumped back a good few feet away. He opened his eyes then stood up. I sighed of relief but then he started running at me. I shrieked and jumped out of the way. "Kakashi what are you doing!?" I asked basically screaming. I landed next to Sasuke and then took off to the Hokage's tower with Sasuke.

We both ran to the tower and made our way to the office doors. I knocked on them but suddenly Kakashi appeared right behind us. I gasped and he began to hold my neck again. He pushed me up against the door but then Sasuke opened it which revealed a very surprised Hokage and ninja. 

I was still being chocked but I was able to get out of his hold. I stood up and ran towards Lord Third. "What happened to him?" Lord Third asked. "I showed him his past but after that, he lashed out on me!" I said as I fended off Kakashi. He was in rage mode which was helpful because nobody is at their best when they are mad.

The Hokage did a few hand signs and placed his hand on Kakashi's chest. Kakashi instantly stopped attacking and looked at the Hokage then he looked at me. I tensed but hid it. We were left in a somewhat awkward silence. "Explain what you remember Kakashi." Lord third said. "Kazumi and Sasuke leave." He said plainly. "Yes, sir." We both said quietly and left. I couldn't get my mind off of what happened to Kakashi.

Suddenly Sasuke started to speak. "So what exactly did you do to Kakashi sensei?" He asked as we walked down the streets of Konoha. "Well while we were sparring I jumped on top of his head and put him under a genjutsu that puts him through all of his negative memories but I thought Kakashi was stronger than that, but yet again nobody has been able to escape that genjutsu, at least not yet," I said explaining what happened.

I then heard what sounded like a hoard of animals running towards us from behind. I turned around to see an angry mob of girls running towards us. I gulped then looked towards Sasuke. He said one word "run." and we did just that. We ran away from the girls, since we were both skilled we empowered chakra into our feet so we could go faster. We escaped from the mobs of girls and went onto the top of a roof.

"Why were they running after us?" I asked out of breath. "Because they're crazy for me." He said also out of breath. "Oh so your the 'cute boy' in the class," I said playfully nudging him. He nodded his head slightly. I chuckled and laid down. We both laid down for a few minutes then I popped a question. "How do you shape your hair to look like a ducks ass?" I asked easily.

He looked at me and glared. I chuckled and continue to lay down, then I heard a poof and turned my head to see a ninja looking at us then he looked at me. "Sorry to disturb you miss Araki, but Lord Thirds requests to see you immediately." I sighed and nodded my head and he poofed away. I sat up and looked to Sasuke. "I'll see you some other time Sasuke." He hn'd and I jumped off of the roof and ran towards the Hokage tower.

I knocked on the door and heard a 'come in'. I opened the door and saw Kakashi there and I flinched. "You won't hurt me will you?" I said with a fearing voice. "No, I won't." He said in his bored voice. I sighed of relief and then turned my attention towards the Hokage. "You requested my presence, sir?" I said standing up. "Yes Since we tested your ability and seeing how well you are you will be joining team seven." He said plainly.

I gasped and looked towards Kakashi. "With all due respect sir but do you really think that's a good idea?" I asked. "Yes I believe it is and your sensei is Kakashi Hatake." I flinched at the name. Ever since he choked me I've been afraid of him. "You start tomorrow on team seven dismissed." He said and we both left. "Umm Kakashi sensei your not going to try and kill me again are you?" I asked keeping my distance away from him. 

He looked at me and then said something. "That genjutsu you put me under was so strong I lost control of myself and wasn't thinking, seeing that part of me is extremely rare and you should not have to see me do that kind of stuff again." He said in a serious tone. I gulped and nodded my head. I walked to my apartment and made some dinner. I ate my food and left my apartment. I was on my way to Ino's place until I bumped into Naruto.

"Oh hey, Naruto how's it hanging?" I said with a grin on my face. He smiled "Hi Kazumi!" He said excitedly. "Do you want to go get some ramen with me?" He asked. "Oh no sorry, Naruto but I already ate, and I'm heading over to Ino's place maybe tomorrow ok?" I said happily. He nodded his head and we said goodbye.

I continued to make my way to Ino's house and I rang the doorbell. A man with blonde hair answered the door. "Can I help you?" He asked. "Umm, I was looking for Ino," I said awkwardly. "Oh umm ok come on in." He said kindly. I smiled and walked in, I saw Ino in the living room, she looked at me then ragged. She stood up, grabbed my wrist, and ran up the stairs dragging me behind.

I was pulled into her room and sat on her bed. "What were you doing with Sasuke earlier today!?!?" She said outraged. I yelped, "Umm he came to watch me and Kakashi sensei spar but then things got a little out of hand so we had to go to the Hokage tower and explain, then we walked around the village and he asked me what happened and we just hung out." I said gulping at the end.

She huffed but changed the topic. We talked for a few hours until I finally had to leave. "See you later Ino, it was nice hanging out," I said with a smile, she smiled back and waved. I closed the door and began my journey back home. Once I made it to my apartment I saw a piece of paper stuck to the door. I pulled it off and read it. "Dear Kazumi, Meet on the outskirts of town tomorrow morning, Sasuke."

I raised an eyebrow. Why would Sasuke want to meet up with me? Oh well, I guess I'll go to see what he wants. With that, I unlocked my door and walked in. I hung my keys up and changed my clothes. I sat at my vanity and looked into the mirror. I saw a red handprint on my neck. He had a strong grip that's for sure. I rubbed my neck and took my ponytail out letting my black, full, knee long, hair down.

I hopped onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. I placed fake stars on them and a moon. I closed my eyes and imagined what the world would look like from the stars. I sighed and got under the covers and fell asleep.

                                                                       (NEXT DAY)

I woke up with tear stains on my cheeks. Another nightmare, I sighed and sat up, I yawned and stretched. I stood up and walked into my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and hair. I put on my ninja outfit and put my hair in a braid. I made some sausage and eggs and got a glass of water. I ate quickly and grabbed my keys. I turned the light off and locked the door behind me.

Ok Sasuke, what is it you need? I walked to the gates of Konoha and walked into the forest at the meeting spot. I then heard rustling in the trees. I thought it was Sasuke so I kept my eyes closed until I felt my gut being punched. I was thrown back into a tree and punched multiple times.

I looked at the attacker and my eyes widened with fright, then I coughed blood. "I-it's you a-again," I said coughing more blood. "Yes it is and you fell right into our trap." He said smirking evilly. Then a bunch of other ninja's jumped from the tree's, I gasped and then felt a kick to my chest. I fell down to the grown covered in bruises, blood, scratches, and gashes. "She looks as useless and she was when we first got her."

I then felt a kunai cut deep into my stomach. They aren't giving me any time to attack. But now I can't I'm too weak to fight. I collapsed to the floor my mind wanting to move but my body had other plans. I tried to stand but failed each time. I then felt a kunai dig into my leg and back. I screamed in pain. I then was kicked back into a tree and I heard a crack. I screamed again.

I gasped for air to enter my lungs but it felt like I couldn't I then heard a snap. I screamed more and more. They broke my arm and leg. I finally stopped giving into negative thoughts and stood up ignoring my body's refusal. "L-light style, blood...strings," I said quietly. Since my blood was scattered about I was able to gather it up and form it into a sphere above my head.

Blood strings attached to the enemy ninja's head. "He will send more ninja and when he does you will be done for." One of them said with a smirk. I then muttered something. "Sleep." The all collapsed to the ground asleep I then grabbed one of their kunai's and I slit all of their throats. I dropped the kunai and Looked at the blood on my hands. Then a memory appeared. 

"No stop please!!" young me shouted out. I was chained to the wall by my arms and legs. I was bruised, cut punched, and much more. I screamed as they cut down my arm. Then the memory ended. Tears threatened to spill. I then saw ninja jump down from the trees. I fell back and screamed as the kunai in my leg dug deeper.

I looked at the figures running towards me and saw that it was team seven. I let out a small sigh but the shrieked and the pain became more intense. They rushed to my sides and examined my wounds. The took out the kunais and wrapped up my broken arm and leg and the other wounds. Sasuke picked me up bridal style and we went off towards the village. Seems that team seven saved me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 73.6K 61
[ NarutoVarious x Reader ] [Reader is Naruto's sister ] __________ *original naruto plot gets skipped alot* 《 A story in which two clumsy ninjas find...
1.1M 36.5K 54
Team 7 work together as priority one instead of seeing the others as a burden. Kakashi Hatake keeps on training after the deaths of his teammates in...
886 23 9
Sakura was always a clever girl. Always the top of her class even beating the Uchiha prodigy Sasuke. She built strong bonds with Naruto and Ino, alwa...
74.3K 1.4K 28
Naruto was known to be a happy-go-lucky, hyperactive, dead-last academy student, right? If so, think again. Uzumaki Naruto was a demon-child and a m...