Iridescent ❀ p.jm

Par OH-NAMJOON

"I like you, and it sucks to think that I've never realised it before until now." --- Miya and Jimin are th... Plus

I.
blurb
십일
십이
십삼
십사
십오

101 32 49
Par OH-NAMJOON

❀ ❀ ❀ 

 ❀ ❀ ❀   

I placed the last triangle shaped kimbap at the shelf. I looked at my wristwatch and it read, 10:50 PM. My shift will end in ten minutes... waaah, I'm excited to sleep already. It's what I've been looking forward to the entire day. 

I worked as a part-time at a 24-hour convenient store called 'Quickie', which sounded really kinky and inappropriate, when you read it out loud. Like, you can't go out and say to your friend, 'Hey, let's go out for a Quickie' because it may sound really weird. 

I entered the pantry and saw Yumi, my colleague, crying as she tapped on her phone. I became to worry, so I instantly made my way to her. 

"Is everything okay?" I quietly asked.

She looked up at me, completely in panic. "My... my mom is in the hospital. My sister told me, she collapses and I don't know what to do." She explained. "Miya, please fill in for me. I really need to go see her." 

I pursed my lips as I contemplate whether saying yes, and be totally high with no sleep tomorrow, or say no, and let her look at me like a total bad person with no consideration just for a fact that I don't feel the same way she's feeling because I don't have a mom to begin with.

"Sure." I gave her a sympathetic smile.

I don't want to be the bad guy. And I don't want to regret for refusing her small favor. Besides, she had been a nice colleague. Though, we're not that close since we have different shifts, but still... She thanked me a couple of times before heading towards the door and left. I stood behind the counter again as I sighed. 

I guess, I'll be staying up all night then.

An hour had passed and no one entered the store yet. It was late, why am I expecting a lot of costumer would come at this hour?

I stopped moping the floor and stared outside. There hadn't much cars passing by as well.

Somehow the ambiance brought solitude in my heart. Who would've thought that watching cars passing by at night, with a couple of people quietly walked down the streets and some street lights beamed at the roadway, would look so peaceful... I let my heart be devoured by the wonders of night time.

I was startled when I felt my phone vibrated. I picked my phone on my pocket and read the message that I received from Jimin.

From: Min Jimin
U asleep?

To: Min Jimin

Nah, I'm at work. I'm filling in for Yumi. Why?

From: Min Jimin

Oh...

Aren't you getting sleepy?

Or tired?

To: Min Jimin

A little...But fighting!

From: Min Jimin

Fighting, babe!!

By the way, full moon!!!

My eyes went wide and went to peek outside, and it is full moon!

I don't know why, but I love seeing it. I always had loved and admired the moon, even when the half of it is sometimes missing or hidden. Somehow, it reminded me of myself. I kept a part of myself hidden, and I don't like showing people what I felt and I don't want them to truly see my emotions.

But, the reason why I love seeing the full moon, is that... it is not afraid to show everyone the imperfections and flaws it got. The moon showed their true self. And I wanted to be like the moon, someday... perfectly imperfect but without insecurities.

And it also reminded me of my mom... When she was still here on earth, I would always caught her standing at our veranda at 10 PM and she would just look up and stare at the moon. She even bought a very expensive refractive astronomical telescope monocular, and up to this date, I still kept it. 

"It's beautiful..." I muttered.

I jumped lightly when the chimes by the door made a soft sound, signaling that someone entered the store. I instantly placed the mop inside the utility room and went behind the counter.

I realized that I am still holding my phone, and it is strictly no phones during shifts. I put my phone back at my pocket and turn around and stared at the CCTV camera at the corner ceiling.

I waved at it, and gave a finger heart. My boss is probably recording this and will watch it tomorrow morning, and I can already imagine the amount of cringe in her face, but I have no shame, so I continued shooting it with arrow finger hearts.

"Uhm, excuse me." I jumped lightly, and turn to face the costumer.

"I'm sorry." I bowed.

I looked up at a familiar pale face, wearing a black sweatshirt with a cap, that stands in front of me, holding two bags of chips, an instant cupped ramen and a can of sprite.

"Miya?" He asked in a frown. "M-Miya, right?"

I slapped myself mentally, I hate it when a classmate or a school mate see me working here. I don't know why, but I hate it. It's like a police had just caught me doing something illegal... yep, that's what it felt like.

I hate it more, just by the mere fact that it is freaking, MIN YOONGI!

I forced a smile as I try not to bald myself right now out of frustration. I punched-in the stuff that he bought and placed it inside a paper bag. 

"I didn't know you work here." He spoke.

I gave him a small smile, "Well, now you do. I work as a part-time." Guess what, Min Yoongi, I can be savage and cold too. Ha!

He nodded, "I always bought midnight snacks here and I never saw you." 

"Oh, my shift ends at 11 pm... and I'm only filling in for a friend." I casually spoke.

This is the most casual talk I've had with a classmate or a stranger for that matter.

He nodded, shifting his weight from the other.

"That'll be 13 dollars." I said. He pulled up his sleeves, revealing his white and subtle vein-y forearms, as he handed me the money.

He gave me an exact thirteen dollars., so I'm guessing the he probably buy this set of food often as well.

"Would you do me a favor, and not mention this to anyone?" I uttered, as I placed the money inside the cash register.

He chuckled lightly, "That you work here?" He grabbed the paper bag with his one hand. "Don't worry... I don't care."

I ran a hand over my head out of frustration. I am just asking him a favor, why does he gotta act so cold?

"Ha, good to know." I whispered.

As he was about to leave, my mouth decided to run on its own without asking my brain for permission.

"Just so you know, I hate you to the core!" I sassed. He stopped in track and turn to face me.

He pursed his lips and nodded, "Good to know" He sarcastically replied.

I rolled my eyes, "But, like, can you follow back my friend Jimin on his instagram?" I exclaimed, making his sarcastic expression turn into a shocked one.

Honestly, I don't even know why I said that. Sometimes I worry about myself, because my mouth has a mind of its own, and it scares me.

"Who?" He asked in confusion.

In my mind, I am torturing myself with mental slaps and mental face punches.

"My best friend, Jimin, his Instagram username is parkjiminie. He really wanted to be your friend." I blurted.

He gave me an amused look. "Really? Why is that?"

Oh shit, I'm not really good at this lying thing. It always made me look stupid. But I'm doing this for Jimin!

"Well, you know, you two have the same interests-- I mean, you're both boys... with good hearts... he's handsome, you... are, i don't know, cute, I guess. And you're almost the same age." I paused as I tried to recall their age difference. "Plus, you two could be the best of friends! Or you can be more than friends if you know what I mean?" I wiggled my eyebrows and smiled creepily.

Ugh, I just did it again. Can my mouth ask my brain for permission to talk?

"What do you mean?" He asked in confusion. Even though his cap hid half of his face, I can feel the amount of confusion etched on it.

I pursed my lips, "I mean brothers! You two can be like brothers or have that brother-like friendship..." I blurted and as soon as I realized how stupid my reasons were I slowly faded out, and gave him a smile.

He stared at my face for a complete minute but didn't talk and I was getting really impatient.

"Just follow him back, Yoongi." I grunted.

He chuckled, his eyes squinting softly as he showed his gummy smile.

"Alright, I'll go and do that." He nodded. He opened the door and looked at me once again. 

"It's parkjiminie, okay?" I reminded him. He nodded and continued to walk away.

I think I just scared him away... Oh well, at the very least I made him follow Jimin.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2.4K 77 6
Yoongi and Jimin have been best friends for 20 years. Jimin has been living with Yoongi for 22 years because his parents died in a car accident. Yoon...
455K 21.1K 44
She was more than ordinary but she kept that secret to herself, well and her best friend Namjoon. The two grew up together and only he knew the deep...
501 39 5
#taekookau where Taeminkook have always been together, 3 peas in a pod. Diaper besties you may call them. Inseparable, joined to the hips, glued toge...
26.6K 1.2K 12
Jimin and jungkook are best of friends. They are inseparable. But they are not in love ..jimin has a crush on his senior yoongi and jungkook has crus...