Belonging | Alec Lightwood

Av Itzwhatever

'He said, there are thousands of Shadowhunter's, but great love comes once in a lifetime if one is lucky, and... Mer

DISCLAIMER
PROLOGUE
CHARACTER PROFILE
TRAILER
COVER ART
AESTHETICS
๐Ÿ—
(1) Happy Birthday
(2) Meeting Blondie
(3) Hello hot eyes
(4) Still an asshole
(5)Thanks for the tat
(6)Female anatomy
(7) Meth Dealer
(9) Si bitch, her too
(10) Burden
(11) Fuck the accords
(12) Teach me
(13) Alec's answer
(14) As funny as Ebola
(15) One step forward, two steps back
(16) Hotter than Jace
(17) Memory
๐Ÿ—
(18) Lies and open wounds
(19) I can't
(20) Hibernating
(21) Torn
(22) Intoxicating
(23) One in a million
(24) Wrapped around my finger
(25) Short end of the stick
(26) Male Anatomy
(27) Always goes wrong
(28) I did it
(29) Warnings and intruders
(30) Seeing red
(31) Save him
(32) One knee
(33) Arrangement
(34) Obligations
(35) What I liked about you
(36) Heaven
(37) Beginning to fade
(38) Sister Sister
(39) Threesome
(40) Family United
(41) Bad idea
(42) The Wedding
(43) Him and I
๐Ÿ—
(44) Crazy
(45) Right Choices
(46) Adios
(47) Back again
(48) Hurricane
(49) Interrogation
(50) For Jace
(51) Getting between us
(52) 3 words, 8 letters
(53) Running out of time
(54) Hope
(55) Shattering
(56) Hunt
(57) Alone
(58) Darkness
Acknowledgements
!!!!

(8) Time for Boys

5.5K 146 118
Av Itzwhatever

"Simon, I think Jace can help us." Clary said determinedly as she quickly steps forwards and grabs a muddled Simon by the arm, ushering him to follow her. "Come on." I whispered encouragingly, knowing that everything we were doing seemed shady as hell and that to anyone who didn't know the truth we seemed high as hell.

Though I still question how sober these people are.

"How do we know this Mick Jagger-looking guy is even going to- "Simon uttered as he trailed behind Jace, who seemed to be losing his patience rather quickly. "Mundane, we do not have the time." Jace scowled lowly at Simon making me sneer, "Hey, back off! He doesn't even know what's going on, he has a right to be confused" I defend making Jace sigh before continuing up the stairs and opening the institute doors.

"Come on, Simon."

As we entered the institute it appeared broken down and ruined, as if a huge fire had obliterated the entirety of the inside. Simon immediately turns to Clary and I, his face an expression of perplexion, probably questioning what we were planning to do in this run-down building.

Jace quickly realises Simon's dilemma before swiftly pulling put his stele and branding a rune into his arm. As his flesh sears and burns, Jace slightly flinches at the pain causing a jumbled and slightly disgusted Simon to stare uncomfortably. "I know. Trust me." I mumble to him as reassurance that I knew how crazy this all seemed and in reply received a curt nod and a slight head tilt. "He's, like, burning himself." He whispered nervously.

Once Jace had completed his rune, he quickly put his stele back into his pocket before abruptly grabbing Simons right hand, enveloping their hands together. "Buddy, what's going on, man? I'm not your type, man." Simon exclaimed, attempting to rip his hand from Jace's iron grip, though to no avail.

Suddenly, as moments pass the walls and floors begin to morph into the real instituite and changes back into what we had originally left it at. Nervously I glance at Simon, awaiting his reaction at the building that just transformed itself, like bloody Narnia. "I don't even...-Where are we? What the hell? "He stuttered incoherently, obviously confused, and rightly so, since it's not everyday a church goes through building puberty and renovates into a prestige institute.

"Cam, is there a war going on that I don't know about?" Simon questioned fretfully.

"There is now." Jace mysteriously replied as we moved through the hallway, Simon attentively walking with us. "I think my mother's at the centre of it." I explained lowly, before marching forwards to meet Jace at the screen.

"There's a lot of gear in here." Simon whispered, glancing around curiously as Jace, Clary and I looked apprehensively at the monitor of the NYPD checking the perimeter. "So, this cold-blooded killer is going to help us?" Simon questioned doubtfully making me smirk, nudging his shoulder jokingly.

He was so jealous.

"He's not a killer" Clary defended, almost too quickly, "He's protecting us." I added, knowing that everything Jace had done was for us, and for that I wanted him to know that I was grateful for his help. "Specifically, you." Jace added making me grin, remembering his quote from before.

"Oh yeah...!' Protect the humans, kill the demon's" I mocked, putting on my best Jace impressions causing a chuckle from Clary and an amused smirk from Jace. "It's a Shadowhunter's thing... They protect humans from demons" I explained to a doubtful looking Simon, who stared at us all as if we'd grown another head.

"Demons, right. That makes perfect sense, cause there are demons running all around New York." Simon sarcastically replied causing a scolding look from Clary and I grin from myself. "That is the first correct thing you've said all day." Jace chided making me giggle in reply, only to receive quite the look from a moody Simon.

Simon clearly isn't Jace's biggest fan.

"What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" Alec questioned abruptly, his eyes hard as he gazed down accusingly at Simon, clearly not trusting him either. "Oh look, it's the fun police coming down to interrogate the Mundie. Does that stick ever come out of your ass?" I questioned curiously, my face faux innocence making Alec's scowl increase substantially as he glared distastefully at me.

"A Circle member followed him to get to Clary." Jace said, clearly trying to remove the tension that had appeared between Alec and I.

Well that's what happens when your too uptight, people get annoyed.

"A Circle rune, just like the guys that took my mother." Cary said, as if the pieces were beginning to fit together in her head. "What exactly is a Circle member and why are they trying to kill us?" Simon asked for us all and I nodded my head, also wondering the same.

"All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of Shadowhunter's got killed including my father." Jace explained, his face hard reinforcing his strength, but his eyes faltered at the end, clearly showing how he missed his father.

And I can sure as hell relate with those Daddy issues.

"Were not really meant to talk about it," Alec added starkly "It was a dark time in the shadow world"

"And now the only person who knows the truth is missing, so I don't care about your rules or what's forbidden, there's got to be someone out there who can tell us why they've taken my mother." I snapped irritantly, the idea of the circle being a forbidden topic was not going to cut it with me, especially since my mother's life was basically handing in the balance.

"There is" Jace said as he began waking towards me, not stopping as he passed Clary and moved towards what seemed to be the training room. "You coming?" He called over to Clary and I as we nodded moving forwards.

I hope whoever this mystery guy is, he has the information we need.

***

"Okay, so we know that Valentine is back and wants the Cup, and for some reason he thinks my mother has it." I sigh incredulously, already hating this asshole Valentine and all the drama that is surrounding him.

"Could she?" Jace asks "Have the Cup?"

I glance at Clary who shrugs back at me, clearly not knowing the answer either. "I don't know." She mutters, whilst running her hand through her hair, the stress of being unknowledgeable visibly getting to her.

"Look, Clary, Cam, you know about runes. You've drawn them." Jace says stepping forwards his eyes clamped firmly down on Clary and I, as if we were the answer to everything, though technically we are.

No pressure, I guess.

"You know something. Think, please." Jace begged, his eyes holding a pleading emotion as if he HAD to know everything, as if without our memories we wouldn't be able to get far.

We wouldn't be able to get my mother back.

"Fuck" I muttered angrily, my hand yanking harshly at my dark brown locks, as I mentally racked my brain for the missing pieces. "It's just this empty blackness." Suddenly, Jace sighs as if in defeat before rolling his eyes and turning back to Clary and I. "What?" I ask impatiently. "Your memory's been wiped." He grumbled, his rubbing his jaw profusely.

Wait... what?

"That's not possible... Is it?" Clary asked, completely exasperated at the idea of someone taking away our memories and leaving us searching blindly in the dark. "Absolutely, if you know a warlock." Jace added casually making me raise my brow in questioning. "A warlock?" Clary exclaims, shock evident in her face.

"Yeah, a warlock, Clary. I mean every other bloody supernatural thing exists why wouldn't there be warlocks?!" I exclaim sardonically, my eyes having rolled so many times the fear of them getting stuck was prominent.

"Woah Cam, chill" Clary mutters, her eyes saddening making me quickly sigh in defeat and rub tiredly at my eyes once again, "Sorry Risa" I sigh and Clary quickly shoots me a sympathetic smile and a heartfelt nod, probably understanding the grief and annoyance I felt right now.

We turned back to Jace.

"Warlocks are Immortal beings, they're half-demon, half-human." Jace added before leaning tiredly against the institute wall. "Sometimes their fingers spark." As he said those words Clary jumped forwards, realisation in her eyes.

"Dot, my mom's assistant, her hands had this purple glow when she opened the wall and my mom pushed me through and I ended up at the police station." She says making my eyes grow to the size of golf balls, my brain not comprehending her sentence.

Dot. Is. A. Fucking. Warlock...? What has my life become?

"That was a Portal. Only warlocks can create them." Jace said, now pacing yet again as he takes in the newly found information. Clary quickly walks over to us, her face confused as she sighs "Wait, so you're saying if we find the real Dot, she could help us find the Cup and get my mom back? "Clary asks to Jace and he slowly nods in reply, his expression insinuating he's thinking about all the possible outcomes of finding Dot.

"Unless she's working for Valentine." Jace suddenly sneers and immediately the smile of hope from Clary's face washes away and she yet again sighs in irritation.

"Even better." I say making the two confused expressions look at me, "She'll lead us right to him" I smirk and instantly both Jace and Clary give each other a satisfied grin.

***

"This is the least revealing thing you have?" Clary asks unsurely as she gazes uncomfortably at her own reflection in the mirror. I quickly smile and drop carelessly onto the double bed, enjoying the feeling of sinking into the plush duvet.

Like all these bloody problems are just flying away as I sit on this cloud like cover.

"What? All the naughty bits are covered." Izzy replies, her face holding a teasing expression at Clary's clear distaste towards her untroubled style of clothing, whereas I on the other hand felt right at home in these clothes.

"A little too much in my opinion." I joked causing Clary to glare childishly in my direction. Clary trudged away from the mirror and leant against the concrete pillar in the room as Izzy stood beside her.

"Where's Simon?" Clary asks, her eyes widening as she realises that we've been so caught up in all the Shadowhunter drama, we had neglected to watch over our good friend.

"Who? "Izzy asks and my eyes quickly widen in worry.

Bitch... what did she just say?

"Kidding." She laughs out and Clary and I both exhale in reply before giggling slightly with the brunette in front of us. "He's in good hands with the boys." She adds before walking over and collapsing next to me on the bed.

" So, um you, Alec, and Jace are what, like, family?" Clary asks, her voice quivering and demeanour unconvincing as she twiddles her thumbs, avoiding eye contact.

She was always so bad at lying and being discreet.

"Translation, she wants to know if you and Jace are fucking" I deadpan causing Clary's face to redden like a tomato and for Izzy to laugh obnoxiously at my blunt language. "Don't worry. In every way, he's like my brother." Izzy says smiling, and I notice Clary's body relax after the statement.

I'm definitely going to grill her on that later.

"Our parents took Jace in when he was ten. We trained together. Learned to fight side by side." Izzy says, a nostalgic grin on her face and I quickly smile as well, her happiness feeding onto myself.

"That's cute" I say and Izzy chuckles lightly nodding her head silently at me. Clary nods her head before clearing her throat "By the way, I wasn't asking because I was bothered by the idea of you and Jace together... I was just curious" Clary adds and I quickly snort in response.

My ass she aint bothered.

Izzy giggles at Clary before she narrows her eyes mischievously at me before swinging her legs to the side and facing my direction. "Like your one to talk!" Izzy exclaims and I speedily furrow my brow in confusion at her statement. "What? I don't like Jace" I say with low key disgust, he's already like a brother to me.

 "Alec!" She exclaims suddenly, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively as Clary chuckles and realisation quickly hits me.

Alec... um, no.

Fuck no.

"Alec!?" I gasp out loudly, my face a mixture of disgust and shock. "Um, yeah." Clary mocks, the sound of her and Izzy's laughs now filling the room. "Please as if I'm into bloody Alec... holy shit y'all are funny!" I cry, my eyes narrowed down as Izzy raises her brow in disbelief. "Yeah right Cam. I've seen the way you look at him!" Izzy laughs out, her face mocking and I quickly blush and gasp out a quiet no.

"Yeah in DISGUST!!!!" I yell and Clary quickly chortles in reply "And how you guys talk to each other... the flirting?" Clary teases as Izzy nods her head "No, it's called arguing!" I hiss and they both yet again laugh at my defence and the redness of my face.

Hey, if someone told you that you fancied someone you didn't, you'd be red-faced as well!

"Whatever" I scoff as their laughter dies down.

"Besides, I don't have time to worry about boys anymore. "I sigh, the atmosphere of the room quickly shifting, and no longer happy. "A few days ago, all I had to worry about was Clary getting into MSA." I groaned, my hand riffling through my hair yet again as I gazed thoughtfully around the room.

"And now Is this the part where I give you the pep talk about harnessing your inner Shadowhunter and accepting your true destiny? "Izzy asks, her face sarcastic as she grins sympathetically at me.

"Was that the pep talk?" Clary questions unsurely making me lightly chuckle.

"Remember, you were both born to do this. No matter what has happened this is who you are." Izzy encourages, she quickly stands up, pulling me up along with her and stares us both in the eyes.

"Not exactly feeling that." I mutter.

"Yet." Izzy adds

"Okay, but now we just have to find Dot." Clary exhales and I nod along, knowing that right now all we had to worry about was getting back the cup and getting back our mother. "And track down and kill the most dangerous rogue Shadowhunter in history before he kills us all." Izzy replies and I quickly giggle at her in disbelief as Clarry shakes her head.

"You really know how to ruin a pep talk, don't you?"

Izzy links her arms with us both before dragging us towards the direction of the door. "Come on, let's go." She mutters as we descend into the rest of the institute.

"Oh, and Simon is kind of nerd-hot" She adds making me smile incredulously in reply.

At least she's got time for boys.

Hey !

So that is the 8th chapter up, I hope you enjoyed it. I know it's been a while since I last posted but I am back, my timetable is definitely off and my updates will be slow but I'm hoping to post as frequently as possible for you guys.

Make sure to VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE.

And I will see you next time xoxo

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

183K 9.7K 87
[COMPLETED] "Emotions are nothing but a distraction, Clary." He said and I looked at him and knew that his heart and soul was filled with ice-cold no...
2.7M 73.3K 187
The greatest Shadowhunter of his generation is what they say about the legendary Jace Wayland. But, what you don't know, is that they also say the sa...
58.8K 1.9K 43
โ•šยปโ˜…ยซโ• Book 1 of Where We Come Alive The New York Institute and its' shadowhunters, Jace, Alec, and Isabelle, have decided to take part of the exchang...
20.7K 871 18
"Who could ever learn to love a beast?" --- Prince Magnus wasn't exactly grateful of the life that he lived. He was selfish and vain, unappreciative...