Magi: Hiraeth

By lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... More

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

44: Tears

1.5K 79 5
By lilyofthelamplight_

Please play the video as you read

In the two years since she left Sindria, Yukiko firmly believe that she can never hear those words from Sinbad. She never would've thought of hearing those words from the man she once considered her home and loved so dearly.

She'd be a hypocrite if she said that she never longed for those affectionate proclemation of love from Sinbad who is a known womanizer and a patron of brothels. A man who plays with women's hearts and bed then to fulfill his carnal desires.

The man she fell in love with in the sunny country of Sindria.

Hearing those from a promiscuous man who is now promising an honest and genuine love, one can't help but be swayed.

Yukiko did love him. So much so that she desperately hold onto his lies in hopes that he will realize in the future that it was really her who accepts him for who he was. Despite his flaws and broken past. Because Sinbad was the one who did it first to her; he was the first to accept her. Or so she thought.

The fact that he manipulated her feelings and fed her only with lies to the point that he degraded who she was, her feelings, and her pride is something that has scarred her deeply. She kind of knew that Sinbad might not see her in such a way, but to think that he thinks that low of her pains her greatly.

Like handing over the most beautiful flower to a very special person only to have it be thrown and burned away like disguting rubbish.

"Yukiko, I love you. No more lies and deception this time."

Silence fell upon them for a short while but out of that silence a sound was heard.

"HA HA HA HA!"

She laughed.

For some reason, she found it hilarious. She laughed at how pointless it was. She laughed when she realized how she almost fell for it again. She laughed that someone would still be able to say those words to her. She laughed at how much pain her heart is in right now.

Abruptly stopping, she looked at him.

"But you do realize that it's too late now, is it?" She replied to him with a pained smile on her lips.

"Nothing is too late. I promised, on the day you were gone from me, that I would fix myself and our relationship that has been destroyed by my greed. I promised that I will tell these feelings of mine to you that I realized to late. I hold onto an imaginary strand of hope that you still have love left for me when we meet again. Only just a little, and I would pick myself up and pursue you because I know that I will never stumble onto someone like you again. Even if I have to spend my life courting you, I will."

"Give up, Sinbad."

"I will not."

"Haven't you had enough? Did I not serve you accordingly for these past few years? Sacrificed many hours a day to accompany you to all your duties and frolicking about? Did I not humor your manipulation of my life and my brother's? Was dragging me through the mud not enough? Do all those things not satisfy your ego and greed still?"

"I know how much pain I've inflicted on you. But believe me when I say that I wish to atone for the sins that I have done."

"Fine. Then I'll forgive you if you leave me alone. Let me live in peace now...

...Sinbad. Let me go."

She delivered these words as a parting to him. She walked passed the King with her head held high. She was  finally able to say goodbye.

But an arm swiftly grabbed hold of her and locked her in an embrace. Sinbad had wrapped his arms around her petite figure, his head buried on the crook of her neck. Despite the suddenness of the action, it was still gentle, as if he was holding a very precious and fragile figurine.

"I hated myself so much for doing all those awful things to you. I was a greedy and loathsome man and I still am."

"Sinbad! Unhand me!" She tried to break free but stopped when she felt a drop of liquid on her shoulder. She can't believe it.

Sinbad was crying.

"I feel so..so angry at myself. How could I do that to you? Why did I do that to you? Why did I have to stoop so low just to have my way with you when you had always reassured me that you will always be there for me no matter what?"

He was weak. So weak that his voice was slowly starting to break, his shoulders trembling. He was reduced to such a weak state that it will be so unbelievable when somebody tells this to someone else.

Inside Sinbad's head he was angry. Infuriated.

He felt so infuriated with himself when Yukiko listed all the things that he had done to hurt her and he was sure that she was still hiding something. She can't say it because it was too painful to even utter.

How could he had done so many horrible things before and not feel a single amount of guilt and pain; until now.

"How could I do such things to you and had the audacity to hope for your love.."

Yukiko was frozen as he declares all of these things but was snapped out of it when she heard a small almost inaudible sob.

Here he was, the so called High King of the Seven Seas, crying infront of her. Begging for her love and forgiveness.

This sudden behavior of his was shocking. How can this man, a dignified king, a man who had seen the world, a man who had overcome so many obstacles, stood there before a woman and cry because of her. All the pain, anger,and regrets came pouring down and condensced into tears.

Bewildered and surprised yet despite the confusing situation, Yukiko placed a dainty hand on top of his head before she gently stroked his hair. She can't even explain herself on why she was doing such a thing to the man whom she was ordering to let her go just moments ago.

The both of them slowly slid downwards until they were both on their knees, close to the earth where the scent of grass and the tropical flowers wafted into the air they breathe.

Yukiko continued to comfort him, eyes still wide in surprise but was now laced with worry. Sinbad's shoulders were still trembling but it was so obvious that he was trying hard to suppress it.

This was such an unexpected reaction that she didn't know what to do.

Yukiko leaned back to take a look on his face but Sinbad hung his head low, hiding his face from her as if ashamed.

"Sinbad look at me." She tells him as she tries to peek under. The male remained unmoving.

"Sin..please.." Yukiko cupped his cheeks and lifted his head slowly. There she saw something that unexpectedly broke her heart.

The man she once love is now in the same state as she was two years ago. Tears stained his cheeks. His eyes, although looking away from her, were filled with nothing but sadness. His lips slightly agape.

"Sin..why do you cry?" She asked of him. "Will you tell me?"

The now disheveled king slowly shifted his eyes to her. The fire in his blazing amber eyes had gone dim but still met with hers.

"..because I love you so. And because I love you, I wish for you to no longer feel any pain. I'm crying because of how sad it is that now you wish for me to let you go and knowing full well that I have to no matter what I do to prevent it. Because I am the cause.. I am the root of your pain."

Sinbad placed his hands on hers that was touching the either side of his face. He leaned close to her touch, to her hands that are cold as the snow in her country. The place where they first met. The place where they promised to meet again and see the world together one day. The place where the first fell in love.

"Yukiko, I hate myself for putting you in such a miserable state. Now I know your pain and this is horrible. Who would've thought that loving someone hurts this much." Sinbad slowly removes her hands from his face.

"But I'm glad that I fell in love. I'm glad that I fell in love with you, Yuki.."

Holding her soft and delicate hands riddled with scars and carvings in his rough ones made him realize how small she was and yet so full of will and courage. He found another reason why he loves her this much.

With that he smiled.

"...Sin..." called out a tired and hoarse voice.

Sinbad snapped out his thoughts upon hearing his name being called on. To his surprise, he saw the woman he loves who has been bedridden and unconcious for three days was finally awake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 675 36
Ver-mill-ion Bird /vərˈmilyən/ /bərd/ noun - one of the Four Symbols of the Chinese constellations "The Vermillion Bird is elegant and noble in both...
1.2K 42 27
"She was once Innocent until she was thrown into a pit. Stolen from her homeland" - Ugo Guardian Of The Sacred Palace Working to your hands bl...
61.3K 2K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...
4.2K 63 13
Stories for Anime & Manga Series Magi. Non- x Reader Alternative Universe Canon Non-smut Contents •Regret (Sinbad) •Hidden Feelings (Sinbad x Jafar) ...