Solid GrounD (MxM)

Od TheoryKierei

This is the second book of the MiMiC series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but old characters will likely... Více

When the Ground Shifts
When Your Thoughts Shift
When Your Heart Shifts
When Your Sight Shifts
When the Rules Shift
When the Storm Shifts
When the Odds Shift
When Your Mind Shifts
When the Words Shift
When the Music Shifts
When the Leaves Shift
When the Steaks Shift
When Priorities Shift
When Emotions Shift
When Time shifts
When You Shift For Him
When Your Life Shifts
When the Shifting Ends

When Your Understanding Shifts

5.8K 547 25
Od TheoryKierei

(I just needed a little cute today it seems)

The taxi ride back to their apartment was a quiet but pleasant one. The restaurant had been a bit too loud for his liking, so the near-silent ride was just what Austin had needed to relax a bit. It also helped that Roh-Ahn was the only person sitting next to him and their fingers were loosely entwined on the middle seat. 

When the car stopped outside of their apartment building he slid out and walked around to the opposite side, holding a hand out when Roh-Ahn opened his door. He waited patiently while Roh-Ahn got himself out of the car and balanced with his cane, then greedily closed his fingers around his hand the moment it was set in his own. 

"What did you forget, by the way?" Roh-Ahn asked once they were back inside the apartment. 

Austin turned around, opening his mouth with the intention of lying... I'm such a terrible liar. "Am I a horrible person for saying that I wasn't enjoying myself at all, even though the food was pretty good? I would have rather skipped dinner and just hung out here with you. That's kind of what I want to do until we have to leave for the concert." 

At first, he couldn't tell what Roh-Ahn was thinking, the guy's face being almost completely blank as he contemplated what he'd said. Please don't be mad. Please don't be mad. When a sheepish grin finally found its way onto his lips and he stepped forward, wrapping his arms around his chest for a hug, Austin let out a quiet, relieved breath. 

"I love my uncle but it was a bit too much after working all week and having more seizures than normal the last few days." Roh-Ahn said as he pressed his cheek against Austin's shoulder, making him happily wrap him up tight in his arms. 

I can understand that. Those seizures definitely steal your energy. 

Considering his uncle had accidentally triggered one earlier, Austin wasn't surprised at all to hear that Roh-Ahn wasn't feeling up to being around so many people for dinner.  

"Did you get enough to eat?" Austin asked as he tilted his head down, his lips brushing against Roh-Ahn's soft hair as he spoke. 

When he got a nod in response, he opened his mouth to speak, but Roh-Ahn beat him to it. "But you didn't. You always eat almost twice what you got there, but you didn't even finish your last few pieces of meat." 

Well, he couldn't argue that. He'd liked the food, but the atmosphere had just stressed him too much, it seems. It was also sweet that Roh-Ahn had paid attention to something so simple. 

"I'll just have some leftovers. I like your cooking more than theirs, even after a few days in the fridge." Austin said as he released Roh-Ahn. It took the other guy a few moments before he let him go, then he quickly followed Austin into the kitchen to perch up on the bar stool they'd left by the stove. 

He had planned to heat up the fried chicken and rice, but the delicious smell that hit him when he opened the container made Austin just grab a fork and start digging in right away. Roh-Ahn had definitely been right about him not eating enough at the restaurant. 

"I love watching you eat what I cook, it's cute." Roh-Ahn said, drawing Austin's eyes away from the food so that he could nod. 

Granted, he had no idea what he'd just said, but his mouth was full and he figured that it couldn't hurt to just agree with him. 

"Will you keep nodding if I keep speaking in Korean?" Roh-Ahn asked, earning a raised eyebrow, then a cautious nod in response. 

Austin paused in his eating to see if Roh-Ahn would say anything else, but when he just smiled, he took another bite of food. 

"I hope you can be patient with me, I might not be very easy to deal with if we try to get more physical." He said, his sentence ending a little quieter than it had started. 

Swallowing, Austin lifted his fork to point at Roh-Ahn. 

"What did you just say?" He asked. 

Roh-Ahn pursed his lips and looked down at his hands that were gripping the stool cushion. 

"Nothing important." He mumbled, only for Austin to set his food aside and step forward, lifting Roh-Ahn's chin gently. 

"The look on your face and the tone of your voice tell me that it was something important. Please, give me the actual translation." Austin said as he settled his hands on Roh-Ahn's shoulders and squeezed gently. 

When Roh-Ahn only looked up at him with worried, wide eyes, Austin closed his for a moment and sighed. He really wanted to know why Roh-Ahn's smile had disappeared so quickly, but if he wasn't comfortable telling him what he'd said, he'd just have to get over it. However...

Lifting his hands, he settled them softly on either side of Roh-Ahn's face and lifted it a little more. 

"It's okay. You can tell me when you're ready, but can I see that smile again? I like that smile a lot." Austin said as he leaned in, pressing his lips against Roh-Ahn's for just a brief moment. 

He'd planned to back away then, because they likely needed to get to the show, but when Roh-Ahn reached up to carefully grasp his face and guide him forward again, Austin didn't even consider resisting. How could he? Their lips met again, the pace of the kiss soft and slow, neither of them rushing as their hands began to wander. Roh-Ahn's drifted down from either side of Austin's face to brush along his shoulders, then further until they came to rest on his waist. 

One of Austin's hands rose to entwine its fingers in Roh-Ahn's mussed hair while the other dipped along his back until he had his waist firmly grasped. The attention forced him to step closer, too, putting him between Roh-Ahn's spread legs. If he'd still been in high school, or even college, things would have gotten out of hand, fast. 

Thank god I can control my idiot self far better now. He thought as he felt Roh-Ahn's fingertips hesitantly fuss with the hem of his shirt. 

He's so cautious...

Austin didn't have to think for very long to piece together why. It made his blood boil to know that whatever had happened to cause the scars on his body were likely from someone who had possibly been intimate with him before the attack. 

"Roh-Ahn..." He whispered against his mouth before sealing it again, only to separate their lips again a moment later. "Roh-Ahn." 

"Sweetheart, I won't do anything you don't want me to." He breathed as he moved his lips to the edge of Roh-Ahn's, then slowly downward toward his neck. 

The shiver he felt run through Roh-Ahn's body when his lips pressed against his collar bone drew the same response from his own, but he remained still as he felt Roh-Ahn's shaking fingers ever-so-slowly slip underneath his shirt. 

Instead of making a mark, Austin just closed his eyes and focused on calming his breathing as he felt Roh-Ahn's warm fingers carefully explore little portions of his lower back. 

So sweet. 

Feeling Roh-Ahn's hands retreat, Austin lifted his head, only to realize that his fingers were now gathering the fabric at the bottom of his shirt in his shaking fingers. When he figured out his intentions, Austin ducked his head and backed up slightly, allowing Roh-Ahn to begin tugging his shirt up, and potentially, off. 

It was just his luck that Roh-Ahn's phone started ringing right at that moment. Before he could even react, Roh-Ahn was tugging his shirt back down. 

"Hey," he said as he watched him quickly reach for his phone and lift it to his ear. 

"Hello?"  He said before going quiet, listening to the person on the other end of the call. 

He nodded once, then replied. "We didn't get distracted. We'll be there shortly." 

When he hung up, a frown back on his face, Austin rubbed a hand over his face and forced a smile. 

"I guess we've got to go?" He said as he offered Roh-Ahn a hand down from the stool, then handed him his cane that he'd left leaning against the counter. 

The guy nodded, but it was obvious that he didn't want to leave. Neither did Austin, but they couldn't really skip the concert after leaving dinner early with a lie. 

"Don't worry, if you want to go at any time, just tell me." He said as he took Roh-Ahn's free hand and they headed for the door. The squeeze he got from Roh-Ahn's hand in response drew a smile to his face. 

"Just a few songs." Roh-Ahn said, earning a nod from Austin right away. 

He normally didn't mind concerts, but Roh-Ahn definitely didn't need to be at one that evening. He already looked tired and was probably stressing a little from their noisy dinner, so triple the sound and multiply the amount of people by at least a few  thousands... 

Yeah, we're not staying long at all. 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

9.8K 510 16
❝ In return for keeping your "secret," why don't you give me a kiss? ❞ ⤷ Baek-Hyun was a sick yet outgoing young boy living in Korea...until he died...
25.8K 391 25
This is my first book, please be nice. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 12K READS!! <3
78.5K 1.8K 33
Book 2 - Just a Dream Book 3 - Bandaid for my Mistake Joy,an 18 year old girl and a Senior student,has always loved studying. But her only problem wa...
562 124 32
[NOTICE: This is the book 2 of Slowmotion. I advise to read that book first before reading this. So you can understand the whole story and avoid any...