Dance Like Juilliard's Watchi...

By Lovely-Little-Thing

"Looks like I'm starting over with a lot in my life." Jessie is a dancer. But when a terrible accident sets h... More

1.) The Very Beginning
2.) Old & Familiar
3.) He's My Forever
4.) The Secret & The Tire
5.) The Accident
6.) Gone
7.) Changes, Lies, & Facing Facts
8.) Starting Over
9.) Ready For This
10.) What Is Wrong With You?
11.) Not Going Anywhere
12.) Same Old Me
13.) Broken & Big News
14.) Good To Be Back
15.) An Invitation
16.) A Well-Deserved Break
18.) Meeting The Family
19.) A Familiar Face
20.) The Sketch Artist
21.) Finding A Match
22.) A Change In Pace
23.) Finding Courage
24.) Hook, Line, & Sinker
25.) New Year, New Chapter
26.) If You Like It, Put A Ring On It
27.) Date Night
28.) A Few Proposals
29.) Are You My Mother?
30.) Golden Promise
31.) The Big Envelopes
32.) New Beginnings
33.) Now They Only Say Congratulations
34.) Summer Lovin'
35.) Here Comes The Bride
36.) Dance Like Juilliard's Watching
37.) Epilogue

17.) Identifying The Enemy

21 2 1
By Lovely-Little-Thing

"Any of these?" A female detective asks me. Her name tag says Detective Lindsay. She spreads out a few pages on the table.

I study the pictures in front of me. None of them look like what I remember of the driver. "No," I sigh. "I'm sorry."

The door opens. "Erin?" A man says. His voice is deep and raspy, and his eyes never seem to miss anything.

"Yeah, Voight?"

"Halstead says he needs to talk to you."

"Got it." The door closes and the man - Voight - disappears as Detective Lindsay turns back to me. "I'll be right back, okay?"

I nod and she shares a look with my dad - who was standing in the corner of the room - before slipping out the door.

"You okay?" Dad asks.

I sigh and lean back in my chair. "We've been doing this for over an hour," I say, rubbing my eyes, "and no matches have been made."

"It's okay," Dad says, sitting at the table with me. "No one expects you to know exactly what that manic looked like. It's not a crime if you can't remember."

I nod and Detective Lindsay comes back into the room. "Jessabelle, I'm sorry, but I have to run. We'll get you together with a sketch artist between Thanksgiving and Christmas, and maybe that will help you out."

"Thanks," I respond, and she nods, pulling on a winter jacket and saying goodbye. Dad and I leave the police station and go home. My phone dings a moment after we get thought the door.

Chase- Anything??

Me- Nope. They're having me go to a sketch artist after Thanksgiving.

Chase- I'm sorry 💙

Me- Eh, it's okay. Bright side? Arizona tomorrow!

Chase- 😂😂😂

Chase- Our flight leaves at 6:07 PM, so we'll probably head out straight from school. Is that cool with your dad?

Me- Yep, already checked. Although, not packed yet though.

Chase- Go pack you weirdo 😂

Me- Fine, if I have to 😂 Love you

Chase- Love you too

~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9M 803K 69
"The Hacker and the Mob Boss" ❦ Reyna Fields seems to be an ordinary girl with her thick-framed glasses, baggy clothes, hair always up in a ponytail...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.2M 38K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #1 in overprotective #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her ent...
43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...