Black Feather

By Arkarian2

Arkarian a girl with a dark past that is slowly catching up with her unknowingly her fate is intertwined with... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 18

17 1 0
By Arkarian2

( Arkarian Prov) 

I see the cabin before anyone else does then I see movement. My instincts kicked in.

" Get down!" I hiss as I push them  behind a bush.  

" what?" Deserae asks confused.

" I said get down, someones here," I say in a frantic voice. They both realize I'm not joking staying down. 

" Stay down, let me handle this," I say slipping off my backpack and before they could say anything to stop me I stand up and climb a tree away from them. I look to see who's guarding the cabin where Simeon is. It looks like there are only two guards. I don't recognize them, well I didn't recognize Sam or Brad when they tried to kill me and failed. Focus Akrarian! I look back at the two guards, they don't seem to have any guns, but I've learned my lesson. I can't wast any more time! I jump down from my tree right in front of the guards. 

" Hey, can I please go into the cabin, my friend is in there," I say. One of the guards just laughs at me. " Why would we let you go in?" He asks. They look the same! They seem familiar, I just can't place it. I think.

" Do you even know who I am?" I ask. They look at each other then back at me.

"I'll take you dumbfounded looks to be a no," I say, I start rubbing my hair until my hands are all black. " Recognize me now?" I say. They finally realize who I am.

" Akarian." They say changing to a defensive stance.

" Oh, so you do remember me, it's the blue hair,  I can't say the same for you though," I say wiping my hands  on my pants not a care in the world.

" It's been a while...sister," 

" Oh my god, it can't be!" I say taking a couple steps back. I knew that red hair seemed familiar! They caught me off guard and that was the whole point!Not for long though. I put up my fists getting ready to fight. 

"I haven't seen you for years...Noah, Alex." I say  not taking my eyes of them.

" Let me pass and I won't hurt you, I don't want to, but I will if I have to," 

" We can't let you do that," Noah says, Alex nods. 

" Please don't make me do this," I say not moving. 

" We can't let you go into the cabin, we aren't  supposed to let anyone into it and stop you," Alex says. 

" Fine, have it your way. You leave me no choice." I say. Noah is the first to move,he runs at me. I jump up and open my wings staying out of reach. " Ha, you think you can run from us just because you have wings, well we have our own tricks to you know," Alex says, the twins nod at each other and jump and open their  16 feet long light brown wings. 

" What the hell?!" 

" Your not the only one that has wings anymore," Noah says coming at me again. I fly up just as Noah would have flown into me, I think I'm okay then he grabs my ankle. Crap! He pulls me down and throws me into a branch taking all my breath with it. There strong, but I'm stronger. I can't hold back anymore. I close my wings as I pull myself up onto the branch I hit, I am now standing on top of it. " You ticked me off," I say, clenching  my fists. 

" Arkarian, be careful!" comes Deserae's voice down below.  The twins look down than at me.                Oh no !They both swoop down to where the voice came from. They come back up with big grins on there faces. Looking right at me they both have a knife to Matthew and Deserae's throats. 

" You idiot you shouldn't have yelled, I told you I can handle this by myself," I say to Deserae. 

" This is too cute your worried about your friends. What happened to our sister that  doesn't care about anyone or anything?" Noah asks. 

" If you hurt them I'll kill you, oh,but not both,no I want the other to suffer  and feel the pain of losing someone close to you," I say. 

" Yeah right, you wouldn't hurt us," Noah replies not even a little intimidated by my words.

" Alex," Noah says, Alex nods, he brings the knife that's up to Matthew's neck and  with one movement of his hand there's blood dripping from a corner of his neck, Matthew jerks trying to break free.

" I told you not to hurt them," I say, seeing Matthews blood running down his neck gets my blood boiling. 

" If you want a fight you're going to get it," I say glaring at them. 

" There's the look of revenge in your eyes," Alex replies with a smile.

" On the ground," I say pointing to the ground but not taking my eyes off them. 

"Fine." They both land but throw Deserae and Matthew to the side, I fly down  in front of the twins ,they put up their fists ready to fight. This is not a fair fight. Ha, when is life ever fair? I think  putting  up my fists getting ready to fight.

" Who's going to make the first move?" I ask. They both come  running  at me, I run at them too  and punch them in the stomach I can tell they lost their breath. They start to get back up, I ignore Noah and punch Alex until he's  unconscious.

" Your turn ," I say looking at Noah. He comes running at me, he punches me in the face a couple of times, I'm laying flat on my back on the ground trying to recover, Noah tries to take advantage of the situation, he walks up to me and puts his boot on my throat cutting off all my air. 

"Looks like your all out of tricks Arkarian," He says with a eval grin on his face. 

"I have one more trick up my sleeve," I say struggling to breath. He has a look of amusement on his face. I grab his foot and twist it making him fall to the ground. I take several deep breaths as I get to my feet. Noah's still on the ground with a surprised look on his face. 

" Told you," I say with a smirk. 

"I NEVER go back on my word," I say than I knock him out. I turn around  as  I take out my pocketknife and walk towards  Alex and cut his  throat until I see a small pool of blood starting to collect. I wipe my pocketknife on his shirt before I put it back in my pocket. 

" I'm sorry but you left me no other choice," I say as I stand up  before I run to Matthew and Deserae. 

" Des, can you go get my backpack," I ask her as I bend down  next to Matthew. She nods and comes back in a blink of an eye with my backpack.

" Thanks," I say as I  open up my pack and pull out bandages. 

" Hold still Matthew," I say as I start to put a  bandage on his neck. when I'm done I put the rest of the bandages back in my backpack and stand up. 

"Let's go, there's the cabin," I say 

" Ummm.....Arkarian....you didn't tell me you had wings." Deserae says behind me. My blood runs cold. Frick! I didn't tell her! I slowly turn around.

"Umm....yeah, I do..sorry you had to find out like this." 

" It's okay. I knew you had wings the first time we met." Des says with a smile on her face. 

" How?!" 

" Well...I can read minds and when your around people you think a lot about if people can see your wings, but just now you were thinking about keeping us safe," All the blood drains from my face. 

" If you're like me then why didn't you tell me?" I ask. She just shrugs. I sigh putting a hand on my forehead. 

" Why did they call you there sister? Also your brutal when you fight!" Matthew says. I put down my hand and  turn to look at him.  Ignoring his comment about how I'm brutal when I fight, I start explaining.

" I'm not their real sister at the 'home' we were close so they called me their sister than I left them behind, this was the first time I've seen them in 6 years, I wish it didn't have to see them like this again and on top of that I killed Alex," I say as my eyes start to go blurry, I turn away quickly   facing  the cabin  so they couldn't see my face, after a couple of minutes I take a deep breath then say.

"Let's just go in," I say as I open the door. 

" We should stick together just in case if there is anyone else here like the  two outside," I say. It hurts me that I had to hurt them,I think, than I remember Des can read my mind I shut that thought down fast. 

" Arkarian, there's someone here, in the bedroom," Des says ignoring my thought I just had.  

" Is it Simeon?" Matthew asks, Deserae shakes her head no with a sad look on her face.

" We should help whoever is here anyway," I reply  walking down the short hallway. I open the door, to see there's a girl tied up to a chair in the middle of the room. Our eyes lock, yellow to green, those green eyes seem familiar. I bend down untying the rope. When I'm done I stand back up. 

" Who are you?" I ask her.

" Emily." The girl answers 

" Des is she telling the truth?" I ask 

" ...Yes, she's telling the truth." She says 

" What happened to you?" I ask 

" I don't know, I was knocked out when I woke up I was here." She answers 

" Was there a boy here when you woke  up?" I ask hopeful.

" Yes..there was,  Brad, told me to tell  Arkarian that he's going to the 'home', and game on," Matthew, Deserae and I look at each other. 

" I'm Akrarian, and we need to hurry if he's already at the 'home' let's just hope we're not too late,"  I say.  

" She should come with us, she doesn't have anywhere else to go," Des says 

" Good idea," I tell her

" Emily, This is Matthew and that's Deserae and she is a mindreader. I say pointing to both of them. 

"Have you ever been to the 'home', you seem to know Brad." 

" Yes, I have I was there before they put me here." She says

" Since you were at the 'home' what did they do to you?" I ask. She stands up. Her skin slowly starts to change to a pale color, then her short black hair starts to change to a  dark blue colour. When she's done she looks just like me the only thing that stays the same is her clothes. All three of us just stare at her in amazement. 

" I can change how I look." She says in my voice.

" Wow, you even have her voice!" Matthew says. She turns back into herself. 

" Well, welcome to the team, we should go," I say. 

We all walk out of the cabin.  We have a new comrade, there's four of us now. Now we are on our way again, and I know were the 'home' is and knowing Des she does to because she has read my mind, I look back at her she gives me a wink as in saying 'yep', I laugh to myself. 

" That way, we need to go that way," I say pointing to the right. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.2K 2.2K 45
In the halls of Beckham high school, Emma reigns as the most popular girl, enjoying the privileges bestowed upon her by her Alpha brother. However, h...
1.6K 230 60
She is fierce. She is the future queen. She is a whole definition of power. The powers she has are amazing but she keeps them hidden. She doesn't tru...
13 0 12
As Kayden and his friends approach the end of their sophomore year, a shroud of mystery surrounds them, hiding the truth of their extraordinary abili...
210 1 44
"The Prophecy is true." two hybrids, four guys, and one love story. Liana is just trying to get through high school without people finding out abou...