Dark Queen: The Cybelline Pro...

By dramatictealeaves

A 21st century covert ops agent, Cybelline found herself transported to a medieval world of magic and war wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101 - The End (Double Update Read 100 First)
Epilogue - Jinon & Kyria - Part 1 of 3
Epilogue - Jinon & Kyria - Part 2 of 3
Epilogue - Jinon & Kyria - Part 3 of 3
Epilogue - Miri - Part 1 of 3
Epilogue - Miri - Part 2 of 3
Epilogue - Miri - Part 3 of 3
Miri's Poem - The Saddest Goodbye

Chapter 24

10.2K 728 87
By dramatictealeaves

Two figures in palace garments streaked across the beautiful garden, behind them followed a multicolored tornado from which sparks of lightning, fire, water, and the occasional jeweled shoe flew out of.

Cybelline and Killian ran as fast as they could, which even after thirty minutes, much to their chagrin, did not deter many of the women. Indeed, the crowd had grown by hundreds, as the news had spread through the palace. 

Cybelline sighed, if she showed her inhumane speed and strength, Killian would know that she wasn't a normal page. She would be found out before the night was over. 

 She looked over at him, and saw a series of expressions had flashed on his face. Surprise, anger, and then...more anger.

"That damn old hag." He muttered as he ran. Cybelline frowned, "Are you talking about the queen?"

"Who else?" He said, "She poisoned me." Cybelline studied him, "You look fine."

He shook his head, "It's not to kill me. She's getting me back from refusing her orders." He didn't explain and Cybelline didn't ask further. 

The grounds were vast, it circled the palace like a large oval, it's edges stretching for miles like the rays of the shining sun.

"I am going to find the man who created these grounds." Cybelline said after another thirty minutes of running across open fields, "And I am going to destroy him." '

Originally she had though that she could slow down, and let the hoard of women overtake them. Then, she could find a chance to slip away. But, seeing that tornado of bodies, her hair stood on end. Letting that thing catch up to them probably meant death and dismemberment. 

They ran past groves of trees, climb the rocks of the waterfalls, and into the menagerie of confused beasts.

"My Lord!" Five women rushed out and managed to block them. Cybelline recognized this small group as the mage women who had first started to use magic to run over their opponents.

The tallest of them looked at Killian with deadly intent, "I heard that my lord has never known a woman. I would be the happiest of them if I could have my lord's favor."

"Or me." Another girl trilled, flashing her brightest smile, in her hand, she was playing with a ball of magical, silver fire "My lord, the rumors say that you will not allow a lady into your confidence. Let me in, and I can show you that I am your match in every way." She looked at her companions, "I am the strongest mage here, I am clearly the superior choice." Her companions reddened, but dared not to contradict their leader.

"You are as attractive to me as a pile of catsick, begone." Killian said, he saw a branch on the ground and picked it up, holding it like a sword across his chest.

The leader of the women scoffed, "You think any woman in this palace will let you live, untamed by tomorrow? We have the upper hand." They advance, "My lord, a mage wife is a valuable asset. One of us will be your bride, whether you like it or not."

His stare turned to ice. The women, seeing the expression on his face, took a step back in fear. This was a man who commanded the nation's armies, the man who had conquered since he could hold a sword. No one knew his true power, as anyone who had fought him was now dead. 

"If you think that threatening a general is a wise choice. Then you deserve the consequences." The young general was not the fiercest warrior for nothing, in his hand, the slender branch became deadly whip. "Leave now. This is your last warning."

Cybelline hoped that the women wouldn't go. If Killian was busy, then she could leave.  Therefore, she couldn't let these women leave. 

Cybelline smiled, "My lord, you are so magnanimous to let these women leave! We all know you wouldn't hurt women, not in the palace." Hearing this, the mage ladies eyes brightened, indeed, his was an empty threat. They could attack.

Killian gave the page boy an exasperated glare. Why was it that this boy seemed smart sometimes and dumb the next?

When the women rushed at Killian, he flicked the branch and cries of pain sounded from the women. Cybelline saw that a few were clutching their broken wrists, unable to do magic after his attack. While she did not see blood, Cybelline was sure that Killian was not kind when angered. 

She began to back away slowly.

One woman peeled off from the small pack and, seeing Cybelline, rushed at her.

"Wait, your target's over there." Cybelline cried and pointed to Killian. Damn it, what the hell was this woman doing?

The noble lady glared at her, "Insignificant little scum. I won't let you run off alert the others of our position."

"Really? You're going to spend time on me?" Cybelline rolled her eyes, "Look, he's completely unprotected from the back! It's perfect!"

Killian turned his cold glare at Cybelline, "What did you say?"

Cybelline bobbed a bow and back farther away from Killian, she called out, "I said: My Lord, I have your back."

The noble lady advanced on Cybelline, "Lowly worm," She grinned, "It's better to get rid of you now, in case you tell anyone of what happens here." She looked down at the page, "Those without magic are weak and pitiful. I can step on you like a bug. And I will, because its fun."

Cybelline's eyes changed and the smile seemed to become icy steel,"You overestimate yourself."

She moved, when she was sure that the general's back was turned and appeared like a ghost at the noble woman's side, "So, this is a lesson on what can and can not be said." She raised her arm and punched.

A swift, satisfying crunch to the nose and a muffled shriek that followed were the only sounds that came out of the woman's mouth. Cybelline had grabbed a handful of dirt, complete with worms and beetles, and stuffed it into the woman's mouth.

Cybelline looked at the woman's face and tsked, "Pity you didn't take my advice and attack him when you had a chance."

"What did you say?" Killian had walked over, his face darker than a storm. The rest of the women lay on the ground, nursing broken wrists, their mouths stuffed with their own gowns.

"My lord," Cybelline smiled, "I said that  with me at your side, she wouldn't have chance to attack you."

Killian looked unconvinced, but Cybelline and already started scanning for the next hiding place.

"There's a maze up ahead. Let's go there." Cybelline said and pulled him into the mazes. The din of  the chasing crowd dimmed as they ran deeper into the maze. Killian's eyes flashed he pulled Cybelline by the arm into a small nook in the maze, covered by roses from the top as a mage flew above them.

"We can outrun most of them, except for the mages." Killian said after a moment, "the most dangerous place is often the safest place."

Cybelline looked up, from her vantage point, she could only see his chin. "Where do you want to go."

Killian smiled, "Mage's tower. They have areas where magic is forbidden."

Cybelline's eyes widened and she nodded. That's perfect for her. 

They flashed through the maze like two shadows, arriving at the eastern exit and headed to a large man made lake, one that held tiny boats in the shape of magnolias. 

Large, translucent petals which fanned out into a circle,  glowed softly under moonlight, bumped into one another in the lapping waves. These had been made expressly to look like the flowing skirts of ladies' dresses. 

On the late, empty magnolia flower boats floated peacefully like drifting snowflakes.

"We should take these." Cybelline said and climbed in, she pointed to the other, "What are you waiting for?"

Cybelline looked at the tall, imposing warrior who was now forced to row a boat that ladies used on royal outings.

She couldn't help but hold back a smile.

He said nothing, but Cybelline saw a vein pop out of his forehead as he climbed in.

They rowed silently down the lazy lake, back towards the castle.

"That boat looks good on you, you know." A voice rang out behind him, "But then again, with your looks, you could pull off most dresses better than most women."

A girl in a white gown stood on the petal of the boat her feet barely touching the delicate petals. In her hand, held a sword that gleamed silvery blue in the night.

"Lady Ida." Killian turned.

"Hello, Lord Killian. My almost husband." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 817 49
Rose knew she isn't normal. And neither was her family. Like which family force their daughter to live alone and change her house every single fuckin...
62.8K 3K 44
I fucked up. Big time. I'm the daughter of the Prime in Viksenti, the foremost advisor to the king. I've been working undercover as a journalist und...
344K 24.7K 114
A woman cannot rule the Kingdom of Vivelle. If a king should only have daughters, then the princesses are to participate in a Queens Trial. A series...