The Baddest :Book One: (Editi...

By Emz1155

*WARNIO!! This is my second book I wrote on Wattpad. THERE will be mistakes!* Read at yo own dang risk! "Who... More

Chapter 1 [Edited]
Chapter 2 [Edited]
Chapter 3 [Edited]
Chapter 4 [Edited]
Chapter 5 [Edited]
Chapter 6 [Edited]
Chapter 7 [Edited]
Chapter 8 [Edited]
Author Note [Kinda Important] >Cast<
Chapter 10 [Edited]
Chapter 11 [Edited]
Chapter 12 [Edited]
Chapter 13 [Edited]
Chapter 14 [Edited]
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N Please Read!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author Note
Chapter 21
[ Sequel Info/ Acknowledgements ]
Other Works!

Chapter 9 [Edited]

2.4K 81 4
By Emz1155

Chapter 9
"Give it up."
**

I'm back in the darkness. I look around, but instead of seeing Vince it's another person. She has long gray hair and bright blue eyes. Her hair is wavy and flows down her back freely. She is wearing all black and has knifes strapped to her legs. She has two guns that sit snuggle against her waist. She glares at me, and this time I can feel my rapid heart beat. I can hear soft voices all around me in the darkness. I can't make out what they say, but it's not comforting. The girl in front of me pulls out a gun and raises it to my head. I look down inside the barrel and stare at it frozen in place. My mind screams for me to run, but my body refuses to listen. She smiles and lowers the gun, pointing it to my wounded shoulder. She pretends to shoot the gun at my shoulder and I flinch. I look and notice the wound is bleeding again, and I don't have it wrapped with a bandage anymore. Blood gushes from the wound, but my eyes make their way back to the girl.

"He cares about you, and that's what puts you in danger."

Her voice is anything but cheerful and sweet. It holds hatred and her eyes are cold and calculating. Her smile turns into a frown and she pulls the trigger. Pain shoots through my already wounded shoulder and I scream for it to stop.

I scream and gasp sitting up on the couch. All three of the guys are by my side in seconds. I am taken back when I look at Axel's face, it is similar to the girls in my dream. They almost look related? Sweat coats my brow and the back of my shirt sticks to my wet back. My hair is a mess on top of my head. My throat is scratchy and my voice is hoarse.

"H-how long have you guys been here?" I look at the clock above the fireplace and notice it's 4:30 am.

"We we're afraid Aston would come back, so we decided to hang here for the night. We called your mom and explained everything, she agreed for us to stay."

I smile thankfully at Phoenix, he always makes sure it is right before it's done.

"But she did warn us not to touch-" Shepherd is cut off by Axel's elbow to the stomach. Shepherd groans and shoots a glare to Axel. Phoenix rolls his eyes and mumbles 'children'.

I laugh and sit up, I hiss at the pain in my shoulder. I look over and notice blood starts to seep through the clean bandage and onto my shirt. My wound in my dream was bleeding and the girl shot my shoulder again. I pull down the fabric of my shirt that covers my shoulder. A bruise forms around the wound, I sigh. The bruise forms right where the girl shot me in my dream. Phoenix grabs fresh bandages and rewraps my shoulder. I bite down on my clenched fist to keep from screaming at Phoenix to stop. Once he is done he goes and cleans his bloody hands off.

"You must have jerked in your sleep and disturbed the wound."

I look at Shepherd puzzled. He just sounded so mature that it's scary. Apparently I'm not the only one to notice from the stares he earns from Axel. Shepherd glares at us both, "I'm not that stupid."

"No your dumb," Axel replies. "There is a difference."

"You-" Shepherd lunges but I stop them.

"Hey! No fighting in my house!" They both stop and mumble their apologies. I sigh and get off the couch and head to my room. All the boys stay downstairs and argue, it's mostly threats but they won't fight in my house. Considering the fact they break something every time they do fight.

"Where are you going?" I look to see Phoenix leaning against the door frame, he eyes my messy closet.

"I'm going to school." I turn back to my closet and my eye catch a navy shirt that flows at the bottom with long sleeves that flow at the bottom of the sleeves as well. I grab navy jeans that are ripped and my black converse.

Phoenix scoffs, "Not while we're here. You can't go to school after being shot. And we need to take you to the doctor for that shoulder." He gestures towards my throbbing shoulder.

I roll my eyes and walk towards my bathroom. "It was just a graze, and beside school will help get the pain off my mind."

And other things. Lately I have been missing J a lot. I sigh and close the bathroom door. I grab a hand towel and stuff it in my mouth to muffle the screams of pain I might let out. I try to pull off the shirt I wear now. I grunt into the fabric as pain shoots through my shoulder. I know I'm being a big baby, but it hurts so much. I manage to get off my shirt and put on the flowing navy top, the rest is easy to slip on. I open the medicine cabinet and take a few pain killers, and I walk out. Phoenix sits on my bed with his arms crossed. He raises one eyebrow at me. Man I wish could raise just one eyebrow. I can only do two if I'm lucky. I usually look like someone who is constipated when I raise my eyebrows. I huff and look at Phoenix's nose instead of his eyes.

"I heard through your muffled screams." I roll my eyes and make my way down stairs.

"Your just hearing things."

Phoenix follows me down the stairs on my heels. I grab my keys and phone and start towards the door.

"Where is she going?" Axel and Shepherd say in unison. That was probably scarier than Shepherd sounding mature.

"She going to school." Phoenix mocks my tone and glares at me. I roll my eyes and take off towards my car. I start the car as fast as I can, the guys run out of the house and chase after me. I look in the mirror and see Phoenix raise his gun towards one of my tires. I swear and start to swerve, making me a harder target to hit. I see him lower his gun as I shoot around the corner. That idiot was going to shoot my car so I wouldn't go to school. Oh, he is going to hear about this the next time I see him.

Once I arrive to school I pop a stick of gum in my mouth. I walk to my first period class and sit. I zone out as Mrs Hall gives another lecture on some History that I missed while I was gone.

Flashback

We run up to the swings and Val hops on the one I wanted.

"Sissy I wanted that one," I whine. She sticks her tongue out and begins to swing back and forth tauntingly. I huff and get on the one beside her and swing poorly. My feet scuff the gravel below me as I look at the dusty rocks. I hear footsteps crunch from the gravel and glance up to see a boy about my age. He has shaggy blonde hair and pretty round eyes. He smiles and my bad mood fades away.

"I'm Jackson!" He sticks out his hand, I hear my sisters swing screech as she comes to a halt.

"I'm Val!" She replies right back just as cheerful as Jackson did. Oh no, he talked to me first. He is my best friend now!

"I'm Valentine! And this is my twin sister Valerie."

He smiles and nods, sending his shaggy hair in front of his eyes. He moves it out of his eyes and takes the last empty swing beside me. A boy with slick hair and a shiny white smiles comes up to talk to Jackson. They talk to each other as if their close friends.

"Who is this?" I ask Jackson letting my curiosity get the best of me.

He smiles at me, he wears small leather clothes with a cute chain hanging from his pants. He looks to be about 7 the same age as us.

"I'm Ace," he winks at me playfully. I smile and he saunters up to my sister and they begin to talk. I look to Jackson and see him watching me.

"Your pretty, you wanna be friends?" He looks hopefully and I blush at his compliment.

I notice him cross his fingers that grip the chains on his swing. I smirk and decide to play with him. "Hmm."

I tap my chin and I notice his smile grow, "Sure!" His face brightens and we begin to chat away.

"Call me V."

He looks at me with a playfully spark, "only if you call me J."

"Deal!" I hold my hand out and he shakes it.

End Of Flashback

"Ms Walker? Ms Walker!" I snap out of the memory and look up at Mrs Hall. The class is empty and I furrow my brows. How long did I zone out? "Class was dismissed."

I nod and hurry out of the class. I sigh and make my way to the next class. Which I dread, because my partner is Ace. I take my seat and lay my head on the desk. I hear the seat beside me scrape against the floor.

"I thought I was gonna have to get a new partner." I roll my eyes and lift my head up to glare at Ace. He has his usually flirtatious smile and roaming eyes.

"Yeah, don't get to excited. Really... it's sad I'm the highlight of your day."

He laughs and scoots closer. I scoot away and shoot him another one of my hatred glares. The teacher walks in and stops all discussions. Thank you! I end up making it through the whole class, but Ace would constantly rubbing his feet on mine and I would kick him. He would scoot closer and I would scoot his chair away from me with my foot. This dude is seriously about to get punched again. He scoots closer and I glare at him, "give it up."

"I have always liked you V, even when I dated your sister. The only reason I dated her was to make you jealous. I will never give it up."

My jaw drops and I stare at him shocked. How dare he say that to me! I smack him across the face and walk out of class. I hear murmurs as I slam the door shut.

If he ever says something like that again to me, I'll make sure he has more than a red cheek. I decide that maybe school isn't as a good of a distraction as I thought. I step outside and start towards my car, but I stop when I see someone leaning against the hood of it.

He looks at me and smiles, slipping his phone into his pocket.

His voice is ruff and deep, "You probably know me as Aston."

A/N
Guys I have already written chapter 10 and I can't wait. Lol hit the star to vote cause that tells me you guys are enjoying my book. Comment if you have ideas I would love to hear them! Ty and keep it simple.

-Emz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 12.9K 34
Blaze White is the New Girl at the Prep school in her mothers old home town. But her only goal for senior year is to keep a low profile, no friends...
17.3K 452 29
Book 2 of The Adeline Series after a while of silence. It was just us beneath the billions of stars, then Tom pointed his hand to a bright shining s...
95.8K 5.2K 82
Book #3 in The Fire series BLAKE RIVERA "You're the leader of a gang." Aiden yells. I look up at him. "You don't think I know that?" I yel...
112K 2.4K 24
He loved me, He loved me not He loved me, but not, in the way I needed him to say. "When you lose someone who use to be your everything it's like...