Irreplaceable (DAVE EAST)

By homegworl

Eh, this rude, but, if you comment something rude or something I don't like, you getting "muted" as Wattpad c... More

IMPORTANT
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
A.N.
67
A.N.
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76

19

90.9K 4.1K 1K
By homegworl

Girl...

Zaidee held a confused expression on her face. They had been eating for a little over half an hour now and Zaidee almost felt like Layla only came to eat with Kofi. Layla was sitting across from him and she was barely even acknowledging Zaidee's presence.

Her stomach was also hurting because she had ate a little too much for her stomach to hold.

"Yeah, so I heard that you like beat a guy up on your first day... is that true?" Layla cut a piece of her French toast and ate it while staring at Kofi.

Kofi nodded his head. "Yeah that's true."

"Wow... who was he?" She asked, intrigued.

Kofi shrugged his shoulders. "All I know is his last name was Cole."

Layla scrunched her face up. "Mikey Cole?" She asked.

Kofi didn't respond since he had just told her he only knew the guy's last name.

Zaidee furrowed her eyebrows. "Who is Mikey Cole?" She asked, wondering if he was the Mikey she knew.

"You know him. The Mikey that talks to you at your locker and stuff." Layla said nonchalantly.

Kofi side eyed Zaidee for a few seconds.

"Ohhh." She nodded. "Wait that's the guy you beat up?" She looked at Kofi.

"Hell I guess." He shrugged.

"That's weird..." she mumbled. She didn't really care. It was just news to her. Right now she just wanted to go lay down.

"So how long have you lived here?" Layla asked.

"All my life." Kofi spoke.

"Excuse me," the waitress approached their table with a smile. "I have your bills." She handed one bill to Layla and the other to Kofi.

"Thank you." Layla thanked the waitress and she nodded before walking off.

Kofi looked over at Zaidee before speaking. "You ready?"

Zaidee instantly nodded with a frown.

"Aww. Well this was fun. Kofi I hope we can do this again." Layla spoke and looked over and noticed Zaidee giving her a glare that made her feel very uncomfortable. "You too Zaidee. You know what I mean when I say Kofi... I mean the both of you." Layla put on a smile hoping she saved her self.

Zaidee only glared at her while nodding. She wasn't buying it. She didn't want to jump to conclusions, but it seemed like Layla didn't want to go eat with them, she wanted to eat with Kofi. She spent most of the time trying to get to know Kofi, as if they were on a real date. Zaidee just wasn't feeling it.

Layla sighed since she felt like Zaidee was no longer onto her. "Well I'm gonna go. Bye you guys." She got up, leaving before they could say bye back.

Zaidee sucked her teeth. "Move so we can leave." She pushed Kofi's shoulder slightly. She was low key irritated and it wasn't just because she was on her period.

"Damn you don't gotta' push me." Kofi mugged her as he slid out of the booth.

Zaidee stayed quiet the whole ride.

"Wassup wit' you?" Kofi glanced over at her.

"Nothing." She responded quickly.

"You always like this when you on yo' period?" He asked her.

Feeling offended, Zaidee gasped. "No! My period isn't even the problem. I'm just confused as to why Layla wanted to eat with us but she really ignored me. It's like she was on a date with you." Zaidee rolled her eyes.

Kofi rolled his eyes also. "You mad cause she was more interested in talkin' to me than you?" Kofi looked over at her.

Zaidee cut her eyes at him. "Just hurry up and take me home."

"I just paid for yo' meal and I can't even get a thank you?" Kofi pretended to be shocked.

Zaidee rolled her eyes again. "Thanks." She muttered.

"Stop rollin' yo' damn eyes." Kofi held a mug on his face.

"Leave me alone." She almost rolled her eyes again.

"What you and Mikey been doin' tho'?" He asked, almost forgetting. "The nigga that be at yo' locker and shit."

Zaidee sighed hard causing Kofi to glare at her.

"You've read me and Mikey's messages. You know that we don't have anything going on." She said truthfully.

"Yeah but what that nigga be talkin' to you at school for?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just found out he goes to our school. I didn't even know that he's the guy you got into it with." Zaidee shrugged.

"I'm not tellin' you to stop talkin' to the nigga or nothin' but make sure the nigga don't overstep his boundaries or imma' have to beat his ass again." Kofi said, being dead serious about every word he said.

Zaidee bit her lip and nodded. She noticed they were pulling up to the apartments she lived in.

"And stop assumin' shit. That Layla girl ain't tryna do shit wit' me. She know we together." He soon parked near the building she lived in.

"I don't know... it seems like she doesn't care. I'll stop assuming but I'm still watching her." Zaidee wasn't even gonna lie to him and say she had let it go because she hadn't and she wasn't going to until she was sure that Layla wasn't up to anything.

Kofi shook his head and dropped the subject. "What you doin' tomorrow?" He asked her.

Tomorrow was Thanksgiving and almost everyone was going to be spending it with family.

"Most likely going over to my other aunt's house and sitting somewhere, minding my business until we eat and leave." She said honestly.

Her favorite cousins, which were her uncle's daughters, were going to be spending this Thanksgiving with their grandmother who wouldn't dare leave the house in cold weather. Her sister would be with her boyfriend's family. So she wouldn't have anyone to talk to other than her older family members.

Kofi bit his lip and nodded. "You wanna come kick it wit' me and my folks?" He asked her. He wanted to introduce her to his family and he figured the best time to do that would be while they were under the same roof. He didn't want to introduce her to the whole family, just his mom, sister, grandmother, his favorite uncle, and his closest cousins.

Zaidee slowly shook her head. "Nooo... I would feel so out of place and I'm shy."

Kofi smacked his lips. "My people ain't that bad. You can hang wit' me the whole time."

Looking around, Zaidee thought about it. "I'll go." She nodded since it wasn't gonna be any better going with her family.

"Aight. Be ready by like.... three." He said. People were going to arrive at his mother's house before then but he knew by then the food would probably be ready in an hour or less.

"Okay." Zaidee nodded.

The two shared a kiss and their goodbyes before Zaidee got out and headed inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4.8K 35
"𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘩𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴" ••••••• Danielle Johnson other known as Dani Johnson lived a quiet life. She went to school...
38.8K 2.4K 49
#1 Spy #2 Mafiaboss • Ziva and Jayceono. Two of the most popular people at school-aka troublemakers-who absolutely detested each other's guts and pre...
120K 5.2K 26
"Can you just take me home please?" I asked again. I put the drink down folding my arms over my chest. "I don't want to." He said grabbing me sittin...
1.5M 38.7K 23
Lavonte "King" Jones wasn't your average nigga. He owned the streets, and he was one of the head drugs dealers in the city of New Orleans. He's been...