Reflower

By Teddiesfield

This time, Dranel Arthurs begs a beaucoup times for Alexandria Verano's second chance so that Dranel can cour... More

About the Author
Preface
Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 7

17 1 0
By Teddiesfield

Requiem can be heard but it is silently loud. I carry two bouquets of white stargazer lilies while Dranel holds one. We also brought three bottles of wine, three white candles, and our own hearts. It's just the two of us as the cold-dead tempest scrolls-curves as it whistles by.

"Where is your mother's grave?" I ask.

"To the left... side." He says as we go left. "Have you notice something?"

"None..." I answer.

"It seems like we're heading on to the same direction..." He says as we walk slowly looking at each other in this private cemetery. "I don't feel good..."

We reach the grave his mother then he instantly kneels and places the bouquet. He says, "Mom... I miss you, I found my wife by the way..." he looks at me. "Say hi..."

"Hi..." I answer and I put out a lingering smile. "Your son is very naughty and very weird..." I then chuckle. "I'll take care of your son..."

He then lit the candle, "Mom... I love you, thank you for everything..."

"What a mom'as boy..." I chuckle.

"Where's your parent's grave?" He asks. "Don't tell me it's just to the left..."

"Yep... what I coincidence..." I say as I go to my parent's grave, places everything I brought and lit up the candle. "Mom... Dad... I miss you a lot but I'm fine now... don't worry about me."

I just suddenly remembered something.

"Wait..." I say then I look at him done praying and go towards me, "Do-don't tell me you're that kid..."

"Yo-you are that girl?" He says with a smile. "No way! No way!" he then gives off a soft laughs and hugs me.

"Seriously... you're that boy who hugged me?" I ask with a lingering beam.

"Yes... on that day, there are no visitors in your parent's funeral... while in my mother there are many..." he says. "God... I think we're really meant to be together..." He then sniffs my hair again.

I say as I look at my parent's grave, "Mom... Dad... this is boyfriend... and soon to be husband. He's kin'da weird... but he has a big-big-very big heart... that I really like..." I then look at him in a dirty-sticky way.

"Hi, I want to say... thank you for caring this awesome, beautiful, and cute girl that I have... she has a good heart and a great-great-great curiosity." Dranel says to my parent's grave then he looks at me also in a dirty-sticky way.

"I never thought you're a bit childish..." I say.

"Mom... Dad, I am going to take care of your precious and beautiful daughter. I'm going to love her and protect her with all I can." He swear in front of my parent's grave.

"You swear that... Mister romantic..." I say to him and I lit the candles. "Mom... Dad... we need to leave now... sorry that I've missed a visit last year... I-I'm in a coma because of this guy... but don't misunderstood him... don't worry... it's also my psychological problem..."

"Let's go..." he says then we walk out while I still wave goodbye like a child.

"By the way... thank you for that hug you gave me back then... it makes me happy, It's such a coincidence..." I say. "I never thought... I'll be able to meet you again and say 'thank you' personally."

"The moment I saw you at the lobby of the cruise ship, I can somehow remember your face. Then I feel like I want to approach you, to date you, and now you're my girlfriend then my wife..." he says.

"I think the heavens made us for each other... don't you think? Like the red string of love?" I say as I stop as we're already at the parking lot and in front of the car.

He opens the backdoor for me and he says, "Maybe... but really. I want to promise, to swear to the heavens that I'll live with you forever. Mrs. Arthurs..."

I say as I enter, "I'll give you a reward for that." He then closes it and goes towards the driver's seat to the his black-orchid sports car he always use.

We are already at the road going back to his company building as he's rebuking me that his late again because of me. I am doing again my mannerism of viewing the sidewalks. I close my eyes as I'm experiencing a migraine that I put a hand on my forehead to ease it.

I utter, "Dranel..."

"Hey? Babe... are you okay..." I hear him say.

"He-help... I think I'm going 'to..." I utter, things go black, and I can feel that I hit the cushiony seat of this sports car.

"Hey, Shit..." he says, "Hello-hello? I can't attend... I'm rushing my wife to a hospital." Then I can hear a rushing, bursting flame turbo.

I open my eyes and I see a white ceiling that is cold-clean, It smells medicine-lilies, and much more prayerful than a church. I'm just in a car a while ago and now I feel so weak, I can't move, and I'm ravenous for food.

"Dranel..." I utter.

"Alexa," snaps by a raspy-husky voice.

I see his face from my vision and his eyes are glinting something as it is in kindle to say something. He sniffles and wipes a tear on his right eyelid using his index finger.

I try to raise myself and he helps me. I ask, "What happened..."

"You passed out... and be strong..." he says as he grabs my head with a hand and pulls it into his heart then he sniffs my natural scent. "Be strong... be strong..."

Be strong?

"What's the problem... why are you crying?" I ask innocently. I then notice outside it's chilly, dark, and night. "Hey it's night... let's have sex."

Yey!

He then continues to caress my back with love. I face him and his lachrymations are falling on my hands, I try to get many using my palms as a container that is near together. He says, "No, you really need to rest..."

"Why-why... are you crying?" I say and I start to fill my palms with my lachrymation too. "What's going to happen..."

He shakes his head and he holds my two innocent cheeks with a face of perplexing with his two hands. He then gives a quick kiss on my forehead and he talks a gulp. He says, "I'm going to marry you... sooner or later."

"Then why are sad? You're making me sad..." I say and we're looking like an idiot crying and sniffing. "You're... scaring me."

"Alexa... I love you so much..." he says. "I'll spend every time, everything with you from now on. I'm not going to waste it..." He then gets his black hanky and wipes it on my tears and to his.

"Is this a play... is this something like you did before, is this real? Where's the lie?" I say.

Someone knocks on the door and a nurse comes in wearing an all white uniform and a nurse cap. She has a saddening look and he goes towards me while Dranel gives him space so that she can check me.

I ask, "What's going to happen to me?" I then see Dranel shaking his head a lot while his hands are holding his head. He seems to regret something or maybe he's thinking deeply of a bad decision.

"Ma'am... you just need a rest, further results are needed... I think the neurologist will come later on for some announcement." The nurse says.

Neurologist?

"Am I going to die?" I ask.

"Think positive... there are people who survive cancer." She says with a positive smile but deep inside that is the antonym of it. She then left and a female doctor comes in.

"Doc... is she going to be alright..." Dranel says as he stands-up.

The doctor then comes towards me and makes an announcement, "Alexandria Verano... I have some good news and bad news..."

"Can I just don't hear it..." I say. "Do I have some brain cancer... or something worst than that... maybe Parkinson, Alzheimer, or meningitis or what?"

She looks at Dranel and takes a gulp then on me, "You don't have any diseases but you need some rest... you shall not work a lot, just chill, you shall not over think and try not to remember the past, and too much sex is not loud. It might stimulate your brain to the worst instantly..."

Yey but no fucking way, I just love sex now and now I cannot? I'm going for a public rally, I'm not letting that happen!

"Can I go home now?" I say.

"Yes... we just thought you have some brain problems... but we saw nothing at the brain scan." She says. "We're happy for you..." then she vows a smidgeon and leaves.

"Dranel then goes towards me and says, "Goodness... I told you you're not allowed to work. Just stay at home, take care of the garden, and sometimes visit me at the office if you want..."

"You're lying..." I say.

"I am not..." He says.

I them tumble his chest like a drum and I start to shed rains of tears that can fill a dam, "You're a liar! There's something wrong with me! You're just keeping it from me..."

I suddenly go in a trembling sensation, my hands are shaking and I'm losing the power to control my muscles. I make a sudden stop as I close my eyes and I take a breath.

"Alexa.... Hey!" Dranel says then he lays be down back to my bed. He then shouts looking back at me to the door, "Nurse, nurse!"

I take a breath as I recover, "I'm letting you go..."

"No... don't say that... I'm not letting you go and I'm not leaving..." He says.

"Please... just let me go... and I'm letting you go... I'm setting you free. I'm going to die anyway..." I say.

"Can you hear what you're saying?" Dranel says as he tenderly caress my head. "Alexa... if you die, I'm going to follow you... mark my words. I love you so much, I'll care for you till the end, that my vow!"

"No..." I murmur.

He then seals those words with a long yet passionate kiss. "You're not going to die, that's what the doctor said. It's just psychology and stuffs."

"But I can feel it, experience it..." I say. "I am going to be much happier if you found someone better than me. You need to find your unconditional happiness..."

"Alexa... your are daddy's happiness... you are." He says. "I already know you... you're just over thinking, negative, and getting delusional. You're just acting up those things but it's not real!"

"Umm..." I utter that weird sound.

He says. "Calm down... and sleep sweetie babes... just rest... you're not sick, there's nothing wrong with you... okay. You're still recovering..."

You're a big fat lie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 4.2K 87
Apat na taon ng kasal si Shu sa isang lalaking ni minsan ay hindi pa niya nakikita o narinig manlang ang boses. Palibhasa ay hindi naman siya dapat a...
187K 6K 50
Tagalog-English BL - There's an urban legend saying that people with the same name cannot live together. It's a curse. Romeo Andres is a basketball h...
1.7M 79K 53
[This is a GL story] Date started: March 24, 2017 Date completed: April 29, 2020 Additional chapters: Date Started: May 9, 2020 Date completed: July...
410K 21.6K 33
It all started when rookie setter Seb Angeles misset the ball causing injury to their team's opposite hitter, Nico Almojer.