Fireflies

By ReflectiveFirefly

I thought that tonight's photographs would get me into the magazine, maybe get some extra money, you know? No... More

Chapter 1- A day in the life of..
Chapter 2- Meeting Jazz
Chapter 4- ....What?
Chapter 5- Danger!
Chapter 6- Fireflies
Chapter 7- Beginning of the End
Chapter 8- This can't be Happening!
Chapter 9- Aftermath
Chapter 10- Of Sparks and Gods
Chapter 11- Naked
Chapter 12- Of Wine and Stretchers
Chapter 13- Fears
Chapter 14- A Reason to Fight
Chapter 15- Reflections
Chapter 16- Of Love and Engines
Chapter 17: Sock on the Doorknob
Chapter 18- White and Blue

Chapter 3- The Long Haul

274 14 1
By ReflectiveFirefly

Disclaimer: I do not own Transformers, as much as I wish it were true. Amy and Kayla are MINE! :)

On with the show!

Jazz and I had talked the entire way to my home and he allowed me to drive. He told me about how Megatron was the head of the evil forces that wanted to steal Earth's resources so they could rebuild Cybertron, their planet. Oh, and Megatron apparently also thought humans would make great slaves, fancy that. Alien robots taking over the world and taking slaves, cliche much? Jazz also explained his plan to take me with him to his team that was gathering in Mission City, Nevada. Not a terribly long drive compared to what I've done before, but still... it's going to take a good few days.

I learned his leader's name was Optimus, a kind, gentle soul with a love for all living things. He sounds like a great guy, I honestly was excited to meet him. When we were almost home, Jazz informed me he was going to radio his 'Boss bot' and update his status, saying that he might be busy for a bit. It was probably the most silent 10 minutes of my life.

I pulled Jazz into my driveway and set him to park. I gathered my things and smiled "I'll just be a minute Jazz, From what you're telling me, this will be a long drive and I'll need a good book.. and a toothbrush." His response was a quick rev of the engine, I assumed he was still busy so I pat the steering wheel lightly and hopped out.

Once inside I grabbed a medium sized black shoulder bag from my closet with an 'Amy' written in blue across the front. It's my high school athletic bag, to be more precise. I set it down on the bed and started packing. I brought one pair of pants, 5 undies, 3 pairs of socks, 4 assorted tops and bottoms, and two different pairs of shoes. In the right side pocket I stuck in toothpaste, toothbrush, brush, tampons (Just in case) and deodorant. In my hand bag (Which is actually my camera case) I set my iPhone, charger, and sappy romance novel. With my ID card and credit cards in my jean jacket pocket, I was ready to go.

I set my bags by the door and roamed the house checking lights, doors, and appliances to make sure everything was in the right spot and off. I turned on my iPhone and set the timers on my house lights through an app called 'Hue'. I set for the lights to turn on and off throughout the first part of the night and the outside lights to come on a bit earlier than usual.

I was just about to put away my phone when the door to the garage flew open and a very angry, very red, Kayla stomped inside.

"Um..." My eyes widened "Hi Kayla.. sup?" I tried to joke, but her face never hinted at amusement, not once.

"Don't 'Sup' me girlie! I know what you're planning and I don't approve!" She snarled.

I cocked my head as she continued "Your little 'friend' informed me that you are planning on leaving on a trip tonight.. without even telling ME!"

I scratched my head "Who?"

Kayla rolled her eyes "Some dude named Jazz. What kinda name is that anyways?" My heart stopped How had he even gotten her number, and why did he call? That was suppose to be my job handling the story! I don't even know what he said to her in the first place... Oh goodness I can see it now! 'Hey lil lady, I'm a giant alien robot that's stealing your friend for lord knows how long because it's dangerous for her to be anywhere without me!' Classy...

"Um, Kayla," I started as I scratched my head "what, exactly, did he tell you?" Better safe than sorry. Kayla crossed her arms "He told me he was taking you on a surprise Las Vegas trip. That's a bunch of bullshit if I've ever head it!" She threw her hands in the air "We don't even know a Jazz!"

Well, that's better then what I expected.

"Amy?" Another voice called from the door and my eyes widened in surprise. Isn't he suppose to be hiding?! "I-in the kitchen!" I called back.

I didn't expect a human, much less an attractive one, to waltz in with an easy smile. Even if I hadn't heard his voice, just from the way he walked I could tell who he was. His hair was black and shaggy, his skin mocha colored, tall, muscular, and to top it all off his handsome face holding electric blue eyes. He was dressed in a silver shirt, black jeans, silver athletic shoes, and an open black jacket. Black glasses that mimicked his visor sat hooked in his shirt collar. My eyes widened and my breath hitched. Man, I seriously have it in for a alien robot...

Kayla glared at him "Jazz, eh? Nice to finally meet you after... how long?"

Jazz's smile took my breath away "Since a few hours ago, nice ta meet ya." He then looked to me and his eyes softened "Are ya ready, Amy?" I could care less what he'd ask me at that moment, I'd say yes to anything with those eyes. I started to see spots and my mind snapped back to the real world. Remember to breathe. I obeyed and took a breath.

"Yes, sorry. I was making sure I turned off all the lights." I made a sweeping motion around the room with my phone to accentuate the fact. Jazz nodded and started picking up my bags and starting out the door "Ah'll jus take these out."

Kayla looked to me then "I don't think this is a good idea Amy. You barely know this guy... truly!"

I placed my hands on her shoulders, I had to come up with something smooth to convince her I wasn't loosing my mind... Got it. "Do you remember our conversation at the Diner today?" Kayla nodded slowly, her mind turning over our day. My words came out as a whisper

"I know."

Her mouth opened slightly and her breath escaped like I'd punched her in the gut. Her face morphed between many emotions in the span of a few moments as she process the words. Finally, she looked to me with eyes full of sisterly love and pulled me into a bear hug "Then go girlie. Be careful and I'll see you when you get back." I felt bad for lying, but then again, it wasn't completely a lie.

She walked me to Jazz's alt form and I sat in his passenger seat with my camera bag in my lap. Kayla didn't say much after that, but her smile said all I needed to know. Jazz put my clothes bag in the back seat and slid into the driver's spot. He looked to me with a smile then continued the motion to stare out the back as he reversed and popped his glasses over his eyes. I weakly waved at Kayla as my heart sank, what if I never see her again? Her form waved back then turned to lock the garage door and head to her truck.

As the house vanished from sight I frowned "Will she be safe, you know, since she knows me?"

Jazz's eyes twinkled in amusement "She'll be jus fine. Don't worreh bout a thing Amy."

I felt better, just like that. His voice held so much certainty and so much promise that it was hard not to. I relaxed into the seat and started to draw circles on the seat belt. It was a few minutes before I assembled the right words to ask.

"So.. you're human now?" As soon I had said it Jazz's voice filled the cab and he laughed heartily. The air conditioner kicked on as he wiped his eyes on his finger "Not exactly." In a flurry of static he disappeared from the driver's side then reappeared. He winked at me "S' called a holoform, helps meh blend in betteh."

I hesitantly reached over and poked his shoulder for good measure, surprised to hit solid shoulder. Jazz winked at me "Ah assure ya, it's meant to be as real as possible." At this I blushed a deep crimson, my mind going back to it's earlier thoughts. I cleared my throat and glanced back outside looking for anything remotely interesting. He must have sensed my unease and laughed, but he dropped the subject. For now.

I sighed as my eyes landed on the blue clock and it read 4am. A yawn broke free and my eyes watered from the intensity. The seat started to slowly lean back and warm as Jazz looked to me softly "Sleep now lil lady. Ah'll be right here." My eyes started to drift shut and I stopped playing with the seat belt. My entire being relaxed and fell into a restful sleep.

Warmth. That's the first thing I felt when I started to wake. My mind groggily refused to wake up as I reached for the covers I knew should be covering my prone form. Feeling nothing I frowned and placed my hand next to my face, feeling the warm seat material. A song reached my ears and I smiled 'Jazz'.

And I'd give up forever to touch you

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment

And all I can breathe is your life

'Cause sooner or later it's over

I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

My eyes opened at the guitar solo started and I stretched out fully, allowing my toes to curl and flex as my arms did the same. When I felt my head swim I released my stretch and sighed "You sure know how to wake a girl up."

Jazz laughed through the speakers and I swear I could see his smile. "Ah've been spending most of teh night listenin to your music. Ah've found Ah like this group."

I giggled and sung along to the rest of the song as I shoved my feet back into the sandals. "So you have access to my phone and iPod?"

Jazz hummed "Yeah, ah assume it was 'cause ah transformed into your car. Ya had a lot programmed into that thin!" I smiled and glanced out the window at the passing desert. "That explains how you called Kayla, then." It was true, I used that car for pretty much anything I could. It had a built in Bluetooth for my iPhone and even had a voice feature to call stored numbers, along with assorted music in a USB drive.

My stomach growled and I blushed "Er...I'm pretty hungry Jazz, could we stop somewhere please?"

"Sure! Where would ya like to stop at?" He listed off a few roadside places, McDonald's was off the list, same with Ihop, but one caught my attention. "Let's head there, that truck stop should have a good meal."

Jazz drove to the next exit and pulled onto a side road which led us to the Truck stop. Many trucks already took up most of the parking spots for them, most truckers were there for naps and food.

As we parked, my seat belt slowly released it's hold and the door popped open. I jumped out with my camera bag in hand and Jazz's holoform flicked on and held the door for me. As we stepped in, I noticed a 'Please wait to be seated' sign blocked the way to the tables on the right and I shifted unpleasantly "Snag us a seat, I'll be right back."

The restrooms were only about 10 feet to the left, thankfully. I rushed in and did my business seeing as how I went most of the night and this morning without the relief. I then stood in front if the mirror and frowned at the tangled mess my hair had become. I reached to my left and pulled out a paper towel, soaking it in water then washing my face and ears of grossness. Tossing the towel away, I redirected my attention to my hair and worked out the tangles before wetting down my hands and running them through my hair to keep it tamed.

I finally looked ready to face breakfast, and what I had planned was something to be remembered.

When I exited the restroom I noticed Jazz had left his spot next to the sign and had claimed a window seat further down the rows. Sliding myself into the seat opposite him he winked at me "Feelin better?"

"Much, thank you! It's amazing what a bit of water can accomplish."

A bigger waitress with curly red hair made herself known, then, and smiled at me "Morning honey, what can I get'cha to drink?" Her southern drawl reminded me a bit of Jazz's accent. I thought for a minute "An OJ please, and I'd also like to go ahead and order too." The waitress nodded and scribbled down on her pad "Alrighty."

"I'd like the long haul please. Biscuit, bacon, maple syrup, and scrambled." I counted the options on my fingers and looked to her with a smile. Her mouth was open slightly as she copied it down then looked to me "Been here a time er two, have ya?" "Once, a long, long time ago. My father and I passed through when we hiked the mountains in Nevada."

"I see! Well, I'll have your stuff out in a bit sweetie."

It wasn't long before the waitress came back with a water and OJ for me and a quick "Your food will be out in a bit." before retreating to the kitchens.

I sat there a bit confused "She didn't even ask you if you wanted a drink. That's a bit rude.." Jazz chuckled "Naw, she did while ya were in the restroom."

"Oh... Don't you need like, water or something? You've been driving without buying gas or anything." I whispered and arched an eyebrow "Do you eat?"

At this pursed his lips "Yes and no. Ah can eat human food, but it apparently makes us sick. We instead eat Energon, which is used for many things on Cybertron, including currency, gas, blood, and food."

I made a face as I imagined blood as currency and food. "And human food makes you sick?" Jazz nodded "Yeah, our chief medic found that out last night while ya were asleep. Funny story really!"

I tapped the glass of water with my pointer finger "Then how about water?" Jazz placed my straw in the water and swirled it about a moment before bringing it to his lips and taking a sip. He set the glass back down and shrugged "Ah guess it's not harmful, but it doesn't help either. Ah don't have to sustain mah holoform in any way."

I frowned "Well that sucks, you don't get to taste the wonders of chocolate!" Jazz shook his head "It would have to be pretty wonderful for meh to wanna self induce emesis."

I snorted "It's so good that you wouldn't want to stop eating," I pointed to myself with my thumb "Living proof of that. When I was ten, I ate chocolate for three days straight before my grandma was able to hide it all from me!"

Jazz smiled and winked "Sounds pretty amazin. Ah'll have to sneak a bite of yours next time." I blushed a bit and winked back "You'll be pullin back a nub if you try!" A girl's gotta protect her chocolate even though I secretly wished he'd still try. Jazz's eyes seemed to glow and he laughed "Challenge accepted!"

An involuntary shiver of excitement slid down my spine and I blushed again. It wasn't but a moment later the waitress appeared with a massive tray and my face lit up. FOOD!

She set the plates down in front of me one by one and my nose followed them in anticipation. First was pancakes with a slice of butter on top, another plate with biscuits and gravy, and the last plate was scrambled eggs, bacon, and a slice of toast.

Jazz's eyes went wide as he glanced at the food "Yer gonna eat all that?" I smirked and forked a piece of egg "I'mma try!"

Now, I'm not a big girl by any means, but I can put away some serious food. I was finishing up the pancakes slowly, my belly aching as it strained to hold all of the yummy goodness of breakfast foods. I had acquired a couple of watchers, the waitress, two truckers, and the chef himself. I took the last bite, took a swig of water, and sighed in bliss. I pat my stomach and the waitress approached me "Missy, your food will be half off just for that amazing show."

I laughed and held my stomach as the food wriggled around "Thank you! I'll be full until tomorrow morning, at least!" I set my credit card on the bill and unfolded a $10 for her tip. Jazz shook his head "Ah can't believe what I jus saw! Where did all that go?"

I couldn't form a witty response at that moment, so I just shrugged "I take after my dad, I guess. He always could finish his plate and one more while staying skinny."

The waitress returned and held out the card and my receipt. She looked to my camera and held out her hand "Would you like a picture of this accomplishment?" I grinned and set the camera to automatic and auto focus before handing it to her. I slid a glass of water to Jazz and he stared at it with an eyebrow raised. I held my own glass up and out towards him above the food "Toast me!"

His eyes flickered and recognition dawned on his features. He grabbed the glass I slid to him and held it bumped to mine. His eyes never left mine as I giggled and set my eyes to the camera and gave it my signature peace sign! Totally old school and proud of it!

I thanked her and set my camera back in it's safe place in the bag before half waddling back into the restroom for another pee break. OJ runs through fast during road trips but, thankfully, I hadn't drank as much as I thought. I settled myself back into the passenger seat, flipping open the sappy novel I loved, and we took off once again.

About an hour later I sighed "I feel like I just had thanksgiving dinner... I'm going to sleep for a bit."

Jazz's voice cut through the speakers "Sleep then lil lady, you'll be safe here." Jazz turned on some quiet music and I gladly took the chance to drift back into peaceful slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.5K 19
REWRITING || Transformers || Story 1 || You're friend of Sam Witwicky and what happens when robots called Autobots arrives on earth and their leader...
257 18 5
As I walked into my run-down apartment I expected to be greeted by my loving house cat and the hole in the wall left by the previous residents. Inst...
141K 5.2K 33
A/N: I don't own it. That's it. ~ Life Itself by Glass Animals ~ ULTRA MAGNUS X READER (SLOW) ~ "Ah, so this is the Insecticon Queen you brought...
2.2M 61.3K 65
Im inside my car on the way home from work,it's already late night...i noticed something was approaching...I looked closer to the side mirror to have...