DANCING WITH DRAGONS. | D. Ta...

Od sansasrose

Alysanne Stark has one hope for saving her family. That hope is Daenerys Targaryen Ice and Fire. They have... Více

dancing with dragons.
part one.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
part two.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI.
XXXII.
XXXIII.
XXXIV.
XXXV.
XXXVI.
XXXVII.
XXXVIII.
XXXIX.
XL.
XLI.
XLII.
XLIII.
Epilogue

IX.

24.8K 1K 75
Od sansasrose

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | IX.
"YOU'RE MAKING THIS QUITE DIFFICULT"
(' SONS OF THE HARPY ')

"Why didn't you tell me that your sister wrote to you," Daenerys asks Alysanne as they stand alone in the throne room. Alysanne's eyes widen in surprise, wondering how Daenerys even knew about the letter. A small smile registers on Daenerys's face, "Daario bought it up, because he thought you had already told me."

"Oh," Alysanne says, already appearing apologetic, "I wanted to tell you, but with everything going on with your dragons, it felt insensitive for me to tell you."

"That would have made me happier Alysanne," Daenerys tells her, "You don't have to hide good news because I'm having a bad day."

"I'll keep that in mind for the future," Alysanne says with a smile. Daenerys offers her one as well before biting her lip anxiously. It's obvious that something is weighing on her mind.

"You and Missandei," Daenerys says softly, "What's going on there?"

Alysanne laughs, "Are you jealous?"

"No," Daenerys says quickly, but her flushed cheeks tell a whole different story, "You two have been spending a lot of time together."

Time that you used to spend with me, Daenerys thinks to herself.

"Nothing," Alysanne says, confusing Daenerys. Alysanne laughs at Daenerys's clear confusion, "There isn't anything going on, we just have been talking about what Westeros is like."

"You've never told me what Westeros is like," Daenerys says, trying to hide the jealousy in her voice, but it still seeps through.

"You never asked," Alysanne says with knitted eyebrows.

"I'm asking now," Daenerys says, "What is my kingdom like?"

"Your kingdom?' Alysanne asks, amusement laced in her tone, "Last I checked, Tommen Baratheon was currently king."

Daenerys makes her way to the balcony overlooking Meereen. Alysanne follows and leans her back against the balcony, watching Daenerys as her eyes flicker across the vast land.

"I'm the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. I will take what is mine," Daenerys says, her eyes flickering to the Stark girl beside her.

"With fire and blood?" Alysanne says, a wide grin on her face. Daenerys laughs loudly, her head tilted back and Alysanne finds the sight endearing.

"Yes," Daenerys says, still smiling, "So what is Westeros like?"

Alysanne sighs as she glances up at the sky. She's used to seeing the dragons hover overhead, but currently the sky is empty aside from clouds and a few birds.

"Up North it's very cold," Alysanne says, remembering the nights she spent shivering under the covers, "It's not as cheerful as the south, but I believe there is a ton of love, well there used to be."

Daenerys remained silent, waiting for Alysanne to continue.

"I was a girl when I visited my grandfather in the Riverlands, but it was an amazing experience. There were no knights in the North, but they were everywhere in the South. I watched them train and fight and I was so fascinated. I wanted to be a knight."

"Ser Alysanne Stark," Daenerys says with a smile, "It has a ring to it."

Alysanne shook her head, "No it doesn't, but when I was younger I thought it did."

"So, the Riverlands are filled with knights, the north is cold, and King's Landing is filled with murderers, liars, and back stabbers," Daenerys looks back at Meereen, "Sounds lovely."

"No matter where you go there will be liars and back stabbers," Alysanne says thoughtfully, "No one can trust anyone."

Daenerys looks at Alysanne, "I trust you."

"I trust you too," Alysanne says.

Their moment is cut short when Barristan and Grey Worm enter the room with a sense of urgency. Alysanne's smile disappears as she pushes herself off the balcony and toward Barristan and Grey Worm. Mossador, a former slave who now spoke for the freed people and Missandei enter the room a moment later, completing Daenerys council.

"What is it?" Daenerys's asks, her eyes flickering between Barristan and Grey Worm. Barristan places a mask on the table. Alysanne looks at it, uncertain of what it symbolizes.

"The Sons of Harpy, Your Grace," Grey Worm says, his helmet tucked under his arm, "They slayed one of my men."

Daenerys's eyes fall back on Barristan, "Are you certain of this?" He nods.

In a moment like this one, Alysanne wishes she were standing next to Missandei, that way she could ask questions without the fear of being judged.

"They slashed the throat of one of my men," Grey Worm says, "He was visiting a whorehouse." Daenerys and Alysanne raise their eyebrows in surprise for two separate reasons.

"They haven't killed before," Daenerys says, leaving Alysanne to assume that these people had been around for a while.

"It was a matter of time, Your Grace," Barristan says, "Conquers are always met with resistance."

Daenerys frowns at that, "I didn't conquer them, their own people did."

Mossador and Daenerys exchange words in Valyrian, and Alysanne really wishes that Missandei was beside her, since she could only make out a couple of words.

"What was the name of the man you lost?" Daenerys asks, speaking to Grey Worm.

"White Rat, Your Grace."

"I want him buried. Properly and publicly," Daenerys says.

"Won't that upset the Sons of Harpy," Alysanne says, feigning confidence as she speaks. She knows nothing of the Sons of the Harpy, they might be glad that Daenerys is burying White Rat publicly.

"Angry snakes lash out," Daenerys said, meeting Alysanne's gaze, "Makes chopping off their head easier."

"Interesting logic," Alysanne says without much thought.

Daenerys gives Alysanne a quick smile before turning her attention to Barristan and Grey Worm, "Find the men who did this and bring them to me."

Barristan and Grey Worm nod respectfully before taking their leave. Missandei follows Grey Worm, as does Mossador, leaving Daenerys and Alysanne alone as they were before.

"The Sons of the Harpy, huh," Alysanne says, her fingers trailing over the mask.

"That was quit the performance you put on," Daenerys says softly, a smile on her face. Alysanne bit her lip anxiously.

"Guilty," she says, meeting violet eyes, "I've never heard of them."

"Neither had I until recently," Daenerys says, "They're a resistance group of noblemen in Meereen."

"Ah," Alysanne says, "You know I would know more about the Sons of the Harpy if you allowed me to patrol the streets."

Daenerys chuckled, rolling her eyes, "Alysanne."

"Daenerys," she says raising an eyebrow, "You can't keep me trapped in this pyramid forever."

They stare at one another, before Daenerys looks to the ground, "There are few people that I can trust."

"And you trust me more than all of them?" Alysanne wonders, "You liberated them. You gave these people purpose, they're devoted to you."

"Yes," Daenerys says, "But they aren't you."

Alysanne laughs, "Fine, I'm your personal bodyguard."

Daenerys smiles at the words, but she knows that Alysanne wants to go patrol the streets. She wants the opportunity to fight, but she can't give that to her, not after losing Jorah, and not while the Sons of the Harpy are trying to destroy everything Daenerys had built.

___

"I can't open the fighting pits," Daenerys says, pacing, "How could people stand to savagely kill one another?"

"It's quite entertaining," Alysanne says, causing Daenerys's head to snap in her direction, "That was a joke."

"Poorly timed," Daenerys says, her gaze narrowing.

Alysanne nods, not swayed by the violet eyes glaring at her, "I'm aware."

Daenerys stops pacing and looks to Alysanne, "Do you think I should do it? Reopen the fighting pits?"

Alysanne shrugs, "Politically? Yes."

"I'm not a politician," Daenerys responds sharply, "I'm a queen."

"Also aware of that," Alysanne responds, "I'm just saying that to keep peace you may have to do something you disagree with."

Daenerys sighs heavily, "what's the other option?"

Alysanne blinks, "What do you mean?"

"You said politically. I don't want to make the political choice."

Alysanne walks over to Daenerys and places her hand upon Daenerys chest. Daenerys's gaze drifts to Alysanne's hand and back up to her face. Alysanne laughs as she sees Daenerys's lips part.

"The choice of your heart. If you care for your people, then you should just say no," Alysanne shrugs, "Simple as that."

"People will be unhappy," Daenerys says, hoping that Alysanne will not remove her hand.

Alysanne grins, "As you said, you aren't a politician, but a queen."

The corner of Daenerys mouth curves up into a smile. Her gaze once again drops to Alysanne's hand. Hesitantly, she brings her hand up and places it over Alysanne's. The Stark's gaze flickers down to her hand then back up at Daenerys.

"You're making this quite difficult," Daenerys says, her eye looking at Alysanne.

"I'm making what difficult?" Alysanne questions dumbfoundedly.

"Being mad at you," Daenerys mutters.

Alysanne pulls her hand away, "We can't do this."

Daenerys can't help to roll her eyes, "I'm well aware since you insist on reminding me."

"I only remind you because you insist on making advances on me," Alysanne says glancing at the night sky from the balcony.

Daenerys watches her, deciding whether to move toward her or if she should stay where she is. She settles on her former.

"You said you had your heart broken," Daenerys says, "Who was it?"

Alysanne's eyebrows furrow as she looks at Daenerys. She had spoken those words to her days ago, afterwards Daenerys swore that they would stay away from each other. She thought that the conversation was forgotten, she should have known that Daenerys wouldn't forget.

"Why are you asking?" Alysanne asked softly.

"Because it haunts you," Daenerys says inching closer, "Because you clearly need to talk about it."

Alysanne turned to face Daenerys. Those violet eyes seemed so warm and welcoming that she almost feels the urge to tell her.

"I met her when I went with my mother to the Riverlands," Alysanne says, "Her name was Bethany Blackwood, and I hated her. She always did whatever she wanted and went wherever she wanted without any consequences. Looking back that should have been a warning."

Daenerys watches her, staying silent. Alysanne takes that as a sign for her to continue speaking.

"One day she snuck wine from the kitchens and we got really drunk. And then Bethany was kissing me. That led to us sneaking around and then I had to go back to Winterfell. We promised that we would be together, escape to Dorne or something like that."

"And then?" Daenerys asks.

Alysanne shrugs, "I left Winterfell and discovered that she was married with two beautiful kids. I loved her," Alysanne glances at the ground biting the inside of her cheek, "And she married someone else."

"Alysanne," Daenerys says, "I'm so sorry."

The Stark girl waves the apology off, "You don't have to apologize, but you are a queen. You will have to marry for a political alliance, that's just the way the world goes."

Daenerys remains silent, and Alysanne laughs. She knows it's completely inappropriate, but she's never seen Daenerys speechless before.

"Why are you laughing?" Daenerys asks, a platinum eyebrow raising on her forehead.

"No reason," Alysanne says, "So what are you going to do about the fighting pits?"

"Why must you always change the subject?" Daenerys asks.

"Why must you always discuss things that make me uncomfortable?" Alysanne retorts, earning a wide grin from Daenerys.

"What would you have done? If Bethany decided to be with you?" Daenerys asks the question that had always weighed heavy in Alysanne's mind.

"We'd go to Dorne, maybe Bravos, then I'd hear my brother was losing a war and I would end up right here where I am now," Alysanne says, her lip turning up in a smile, "Whether I like it or not, all roads lead to you."

"You say that as though it is a bad thing," Daenerys teases.

Alysanne laughs, "It is depending on how you look at it."

"Well," Daenerys says, "I know that I would wait for you, no matter how long it takes."

The words flow out of Daenerys's mouth so easily, and Alysanne knows that she means it. Were the circumstances different, she and Daenerys would probably be living in Bravos or Dorne. However, Daenerys was a queen, and Alysanne was sworn to protect her. Feelings no matter how strong or how pure couldn't be involved.

"Of course, you would. You'd have the patience of a mother if it meant you'd get what you want," Alysanne teases, earning a laugh from Daenerys, the corner of her eyes wrinkling.

"At least you know I always get what I want," Daenerys says with a wink. Alysanne rolls her eyes at the gesture, but smiles.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

253K 6.8K 56
Aemond Targaryen was made of fire, but his heart was stone cold and his icy stare could leave one shivering. Alyarra Stark was made of ice, but her...
86.7K 3.2K 180
Have you ever wondered what might happen if there was a change in the story? Imagine a scenario where some of the people who had died were still aliv...
71.8K 1.8K 7
𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝗀𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗇𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾, 𝗒𝖾𝗍 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝖺𝗅 𝖽𝗂𝖾𝗌. 𝖠𝖾𝗀𝗈𝗇 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽𝗌 𝖺 𝗐𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝖠𝗇𝖽 𝗐𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖻𝖾𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝖺�...
76.8K 3.2K 70
Jason Lannister is the youngest son of Tywin Lannister, born from his second wife who only few know of who she truly is. Jason is not one of those pe...