XVI.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XVI.
"TRUST ME ALYSANNE"
( 'VAES DOTHRAK' )

Alysanne paced back and forth in front of the throne

Alysanne paced back and forth in front of the throne. Jorah, Tyrion, and Daario sat on the stairs below in silence. It had been hours since the attack in the pit and Daenerys had yet to return. They had laid Ser Barristan to rest and Alysanne felt the need to satisfy his wish, except she couldn't because no one knew where Daenerys was.

"Are we just going to sit here?" Alysanne asked as she stopped pacing. Daario and Jorah looked up at her, seemingly relaxed. How could they be relaxed? Daenerys was missing!

"You're in love with her," Tyrion stated and Alysanne rolled her eyes, but he couldn't see since he wasn't facing her, "Each of you is, yet none of you are fit for her. The runaway daughter, a sellsword, and a disgraced knight."

"Does he always talk so much?" Daario asked.

"I wished he talked less," Alysanne muttered, walking down the stairs past the men.

Grey Worm entered the room, accompanied by Missandei his gaze focusing on Jorah, "Jorah of the Andals. You should not be here."

"Yet he is," Daario said.

"Our queen ordered him exiled from the city," Grey Worm responded.

"Our queen would be dead without him," Daario stated and Missandei nodded. Speaking to Grey Worm in High Valyrian.

"I'm sorry I was not there to fight with you," Grey Worm said, almost sounding ashamed.

"You missed a good scrap," Daario told him and Alysanne sighed.

"Now isn't the time for banter, we need to find Daenerys," Alysanne stated, "Drogon flew north so that's where we should begin looking."

"That's an excellent idea," Tyrion said, "We-"

"We? You're a Lannister. She's working to uproot your family," Jorah stated, "I fought for Daenerys for years-"

"And you betrayed her," Alysanne deadpanned, "You may have served her the longest, but you've caused her the most pain."

Jorah's eyes narrowed at her, "As though you came here with good intentions."

"I came here to forge an alliance with Daenerys," Alysanne said taking a step toward Jorah, "Robb was losing a war and I wanted her help."

"You wanted to use her," Jorah said, looking down at Alysanne, "Just like everyone else."

Alysanne's jaw twitched, "You're looking down at me? At least I didn't betray her. Which you were exiled for! Twice! Yet you keep coming back. Do you want to know something? Daenerys will never love you the way you love her."

"Why? Because she's in love with you?" Jorah asked.

"That's exactly why!" Alysanne exclaimed, her breath coming out in heavy pants. Her brown eyes were hard as they stared at Jorah, "She's in love with me."