XIII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XIII.
"I DON'T LOVE HIM"
( 'THE MARRIAGE PROPOSAL' )

"How are you doing Ser Barristan?" Alysanne asked as she sat up straight in the bed

"How are you doing Ser Barristan?" Alysanne asked as she sat up straight in the bed. She winced a little bit, but the pain didn't wipe away the wide grin on her face. Rhaenys, who hadn't left Alysanne's side since the attack, lifted her head and tilted her head curiously as Barristan walked by her.

Barristan couldn't help but to chuckle as he entered the room of the injured girl, "I should be asking you that question."

"I'm fine," Alysanne replied, "I just wished Daenerys would let me leave this room. Patrolling may not be ideal, but I'd at least enjoy sitting in the throne room."

Barristan sighed and took a seat in the chair that Daenerys had spent hours in.

"I think it's best you aren't with Daenerys right now," Barristan said, "She plans to send a message about this attack."

Alysanne grew curious, "What type of message?"

Barristan glanced around the room, not meeting Alysanne's gaze. She knew he didn't want to tell her, he probably shouldn't have told her what Daenerys was up to in the first place. However, Alysanne felt she had a right to know, since it was the attack on her that Daenerys was fuming about.

Barristan sighed, "She plans on taking the heads of each family to the catacombs."

"She's going to feed them to the dragons?" Alysanne asked, "But that'll just cause more unrest!"

"This is a decision for Daenerys to make," Barristan told her.

"But she's going to kill people, some of these people are innocent in all of this!" Alysanne exclaimed. She didn't want Daenerys making an impulsive decision because of her.

"You think we haven't tried to talk her out of it? I think you underestimate her love for you Alysanne. She'd burn down the world if it meant that she'd avenge you," Barristan said, "To be loved by a ruler is a blessing and a curse."

"I'm aware," Alysanne muttered, "All I can think about is what happens when we get to Westeros."

"Well what do you want to happen?" Barristan asks.

She wanted Daenerys. She wanted her home back. But most importantly she wanted her siblings. She knew Sansa was safe in the hands of her aunt, but where was Arya, Bran, and Rickon?

"I want my family back," Alysanne said softly.

"And Daenerys?" Barristan asked, "How does she fit into this picture?"

Alysanne scoffed, "The question is how do I fit in Daenerys's picture. In order to get the support of the people she'll need to marry into a family, preferably a southern one. She'll need their support if she plans to take the throne from the Lannisters."