IX.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | IX.
"YOU'RE MAKING THIS QUITE DIFFICULT"
(' SONS OF THE HARPY ')

"Why didn't you tell me that your sister wrote to you," Daenerys asks Alysanne as they stand alone in the throne room

"Why didn't you tell me that your sister wrote to you," Daenerys asks Alysanne as they stand alone in the throne room. Alysanne's eyes widen in surprise, wondering how Daenerys even knew about the letter. A small smile registers on Daenerys's face, "Daario bought it up, because he thought you had already told me."

"Oh," Alysanne says, already appearing apologetic, "I wanted to tell you, but with everything going on with your dragons, it felt insensitive for me to tell you."

"That would have made me happier Alysanne," Daenerys tells her, "You don't have to hide good news because I'm having a bad day."

"I'll keep that in mind for the future," Alysanne says with a smile. Daenerys offers her one as well before biting her lip anxiously. It's obvious that something is weighing on her mind.

"You and Missandei," Daenerys says softly, "What's going on there?"

Alysanne laughs, "Are you jealous?"

"No," Daenerys says quickly, but her flushed cheeks tell a whole different story, "You two have been spending a lot of time together."

Time that you used to spend with me, Daenerys thinks to herself.

"Nothing," Alysanne says, confusing Daenerys. Alysanne laughs at Daenerys's clear confusion, "There isn't anything going on, we just have been talking about what Westeros is like."

"You've never told me what Westeros is like," Daenerys says, trying to hide the jealousy in her voice, but it still seeps through.

"You never asked," Alysanne says with knitted eyebrows.

"I'm asking now," Daenerys says, "What is my kingdom like?"

"Your kingdom?' Alysanne asks, amusement laced in her tone, "Last I checked, Tommen Baratheon was currently king."

Daenerys makes her way to the balcony overlooking Meereen. Alysanne follows and leans her back against the balcony, watching Daenerys as her eyes flicker across the vast land.

"I'm the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. I will take what is mine," Daenerys says, her eyes flickering to the Stark girl beside her.

"With fire and blood?" Alysanne says, a wide grin on her face. Daenerys laughs loudly, her head tilted back and Alysanne finds the sight endearing.

"Yes," Daenerys says, still smiling, "So what is Westeros like?"

Alysanne sighs as she glances up at the sky. She's used to seeing the dragons hover overhead, but currently the sky is empty aside from clouds and a few birds.

"Up North it's very cold," Alysanne says, remembering the nights she spent shivering under the covers, "It's not as cheerful as the south, but I believe there is a ton of love, well there used to be."