XLII.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XLII.
"I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE A DRAGON"
( 'BEYOND THE WALL' )

"I NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE A DRAGON"( 'BEYOND THE WALL' )

"You think you'll find a cure for Jon over the wall?"

Alysanne nodded as she looked at her younger sisters, "The children of the forest created white walkers. This is their magic that's infecting Jon, they'd know how to stop it."

"This could be dangerous," Sansa says, "We don't even know what's over the wall."

"Well, it's not like I have much of a choice. I'm not letting anything happen to Daenerys," Alysanne tells them, her tone final. She observes the nervous look her sisters exchange and sighs.

"Look, we care about Daenerys as well, but Jon is our brother," Arya states, "We have to do what's best for him."

"Death might just be that," Sansa says looking between Arya and Alysanne, "I mean if we can't save him and Daenerys, Jon would much rather we pick her. He's selfless like that."

"We can't just assume that," Arya says and Alysanne isn't surprised. Arya had always loved Jon the most and she was going to fight for his life as much as she possibly could.

"Look we don't have to assume anything. I'm going to find a way to save them both and then we can rebuild Winterfell and hopefully die without seeing another war," Alysanne says, a small smile on her lips.

"Speaking of," Sansa says, "Who do you intend to rule the North?"

"I thought we had settled on you," Alysanne told her sister, "You're the only one that can continue on the Stark name."

"The Stark name will continue regardless of who rules the North," Sansa says, "It's about who deserves it. You may have escaped the Iron Throne, but I'm not allowing you to escape this. You are the ruler people believe in. I may have won the North back, but it was you that led her against her greatest enemies."

Alysanne let out a laugh, "You're not giving me much of a choice, are you?"

"No," Sansa says, "You are to rule the North, which means you have to survive beyond the North."

Alysanne smiles at her younger sister, "Sounds like a deal."

Arya leans back in her seat, "Time for the real question. How did Daenerys react when you told her?"

Alysanne chuckles and scratches at the back of her neck, "I haven't told her yet."

"Of course you haven't," Sansa muttered under her breath, "You know if you and Daenerys communicated a little more, I feel like the two of you would have fewer problems."

"Oh, and you're an expert on relationships?" Alysanne questions.

"Well it doesn't take an expert to know that you need communication," Sansa told her, "Any way you should probably tell her."