XV.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS. | XV.
"AT THIS POINT I WANT HIM TO DIE."
( 'THE DEATH OF A KNIGHT' )

"Alysanne Stark," the girl looked up to see Tyrion Lannister approaching her

"Alysanne Stark," the girl looked up to see Tyrion Lannister approaching her. Automatically, she felt her walls going up in defense. Never trust a Lannister, she thought. It was the first rule of survival, but Daenerys had broken that rule.

"What do you want?"

"I want to know how you ended up in the service of Daenerys Targaryen," Tyrion said.

"I wanted to kill your family, she wanted to kill your family. It was a match made in heaven," Alysanne said, brushing past him.

"A match is correct," Tyrion says, causing Alysanne to freeze in her spot, "I do hope you two didn't think you were being discreet."

Alysanne turned to look at him, "I don't know what you're talking about."

Tyrion smiles tilting his head, "I think that you do. Sneaking in and out of each other's rooms, you are in love with the queen."

Alysanne is silent and Tyrion nods, "You must know what you're doing is dangerous."

"You aren't the first person to tell me that," Alysanne said. She was tired of people telling her that, most of all she was tired of telling herself that.

Tyrion took a step toward her, "Daenerys will need alliances when she gets to Westeros. She'll need to marry. Best you put an end to what you're doing right now."

"I don't need a Lannister to tell me how to live my life," Alysanne snapped, but deep down she knew Tyrion was right. She had tried to ignore the future, enjoy Daenerys while she could, but it seemed like no matter what she did, the old gods and the new would remind her that Daenerys would never be hers, not permanently.

"Just trying to warn you," Tyrion said, and she knew he was simply being honest with her.

"I'll be sure to tell Daenerys of your service," Alysanne said, "Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather be anywhere that you aren't."

Alysanne walked out of the throne room of the pyramid and out into the streets of Meereen. She was startled as Rhaenys came to her side. The wolf brushed against her, nudging her hand with her head. Alysanne smiled as she pet the wolf, "Hey girl."

Alysanne looked at the streets trying to silence her fear. The Sons of Harpy could be anywhere, they could be watching her at this very moment.

She longed for home. She longed for Winterfell and her family. They made her feel secure and she had been foolish to leave. The Sons of the Harpy made Alysanne feel something she hadn't felt since her father had presented the idea of marrying Joffrey.

She was scared.

"Alysanne," she looked up to see Daario approaching her, "It's been a while."

Alysanne stood up as the sellsword approached her, "Because you've missed our little chats," she said sarcastically.