XIX.

DANCING WITH DRAGONS | XIX.
"YOU'RE ALL I REALLY WANT"
( 'DRAGONSTONE' )

"Alysanne Stark," she turned and saw Daario making his way toward her

"Alysanne Stark," she turned and saw Daario making his way toward her. Alysanne made her way down the dock hastily.

"There you are, I thought you'd never turn up," Alysanne smiled at him, "Are you excited to see Westeros?" Daario's gaze dropped and Alysanne's smile slowly faded, "What is it?"

"I won't be going to Westeros," Daario says, "Our Queen commanded that the Seconds Sons and I stay here to keep the peace."

Alysanne smiled sadly at him, "I was really hoping to show you Winterfell."

Daario tilted his head, a small grin on his face, "Maybe one day."

"I'll hold you to that," Alysanne says. She's surprised when Daario takes a step forward and wraps her in an embrace. She wraps her arms around him and feels as though she is saying farewell to one of her brothers. In a sense, Daario had been like her brother. They had fought together, protected each other. He was her family.

"Take care of yourself," Daario said softly, taking a step back, "Take care of our Queen."

"I will," Alysanne says, "And you take care of yourself. I know you don't need to hear it, but you're a great man Daario. I pray our paths cross again."

"They will," Daario said sighing. A horn sounded loudly on one of the ships, indicating it was time for their departure. Alysanne gave Daario's hand one last squeeze before she made her way down the dock and boarded the ship.

She glanced back at the dock and saw Daario waving at her, with a bittersweet smile, she returned the gesture, waving until the dock was no longer in sight.

The journey to Dragonstone was long and uneasy. Alysanne had never seen seasickness in the way that the Dothraki had it. They were constantly hanging over the side, their faces green. Alysanne smiled sadly, knowing that Daario would have loved the sight.

Yara had claimed they were a day's ride from Westeros and their armies were no longer just the Greyjoys. They now had the Westeros houses of Martell and Tyrell backing them. It was interesting how the tide already seemed to be turning in Daenerys's favor.

"Alysanne," Tyrion said, as he came under the deck, "Can we speak, without hostilities?"

She stared at him before silently nodding and allowing him to sit across from her. They were alone, with everyone above deck, excited for the first sight of Dragonstone.

"I know what you're going to say," Alysanne says softly, taking a sip of her ale, "You need me to disappear."

"I wouldn't say that," Tyrion said, "However your presence may make finding a husband hard. She claimed you as her lover, but she'll need to marry."