CEOโ€ขknj

By jellybeanreads

"You know the more I think about it, it starts to make more sense. Why you constantly checked up on me and ca... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

14

2.2K 91 2
By jellybeanreads

Rose POV
"Good morning Rose-ssi." Mr.Kim smiled as I walked into his office with his coffee.

"Good morning Mr.Kim. Here's your coffee." I placed the cup down on his desk. "Thank you. Do you have an update for me."

"Yes. Managing department wants to schedule a meeting with you by the end of next week. We have sponsorship offers, just need you to sign and agree to them. Renovation ideas are coming in, I have a list prepared for you."

"And the company meeting?" He took a sip from his coffee as he looked through a paper on his desk. "I have it scheduled for Friday night, is that alright.?"

"Sounds good. Inform the departments and send out emails."

"Yes sir." I turn around to leave but stop when he calls out again. "Oh and Rose. I didn't properly thank you for what you did the other day. Thank you for trying to help Jimin." I looked at him.

"I was only doing my job."

"Still, you're always doing more then what's expected. I appreciate that." Mr.Kim smiles. Jeez can a boss be this kind hearted? "Of course sir. Then I'll get the list of renovations and sponsorship offers."

I closed the door behind me as I walked to my desk. Why do I feel guilty? I mean he told me to stay away from Jimin but the same day I went to talk with him. Ugh! Just forget it. Focus on work.

••

Friday finally arrived and I've been running around making sure that the reservation was still holding and making sure people were actually coming. But something crosses my mind. Is Jimin gonna come?

My office phone rang. I answered it addressing whatever the other line was asking for.

Around 9 I carried a cup of coffee into Mr.Kim's office. I knocked and proceeded to go inside after hearing a come in from the other side.

"Good morning Mr. Kim. I have the morning news for you." I set down his coffee cup and pulled up the notes from my tablet. "Company dinner is set, I'm working on getting final RSVP from everyone. You have few signatures needed from the managing department." Mr. Kim nodded taking a sip from his coffee. He placed his cup down going back to the papers on his desk.

"One more thing. I got a call from someone claiming to be your uncle. He wants to have lunch with you." He froze for a second, not moving from his spot. After a second he cleared his throat and dismissed me.

What was that?

Namjoon POV
I took my phone out to check the date. I was right it was near that day again. He's been even doing this since that day four years ago. Calling me for lunch, not for any family reason or just because he missed me.

It was so he could remind me of what happened. Throwing all the guilt and the fault onto my plate. You'd think I'd be used to it by now but here I am. I leaned my head back on my chair and sighed.
••

Rose and I walked up to the restaurant where my uncle had wanted to have lunch at. We walked through the tables to a separate room where a single table was set up. Food was already placed out on the table and I see my uncle checking his watch.

We walked in, and bowed. "Namjoon." He greeted. "Who's this?" I looked beside me to Rose. She bowed once more and introduced herself. "Hello sir. I'm Park Rose, I'm Mr.Kim's assistant." He scanned her up and down. "She's decent. What happened to the other one?"

"She got promoted." I simply said. I thanked Rose and let her leave on her lunch break. I went to sit down and laid my napkin on my lap. I waited for him to eat before proceeding to eat myself.

"How's work?"

"It's fine. How's aunty?"

"She's the same as always."

"And you?"

"I'm not dying, yet.." I paused, swallowing and took a sip of wine. "You didn't forget what today was did you?" He said looking at me. "No.., dad got diagnosed today..four years ago."

"That's right. I didn't think you'd remember." How can I not remember when you tell me every year?

"Do you remember what happened that day? He found out that you let a few of the most RM Corp information to your rivaling company."

"Samchon(uncle)..you know I had no idea that it was happening. They were working insid-"

"You were the CEO of RM Corp. You were and are responsible for anything that happens to it. Your father handed you his life's work, and you let it slip through your fingers."

His lecture went on for an hour more. I wanted the day to be over, but I still have work...

••
After escorting Mr. Kim I went on my own lunch break. I could feel the tension in the room as I left but here really wasn't much I could do. His uncle already sounded like he didn't like me. I sighed and took out my phone to text Jimin.

Where are you?

Café
Coming?

Give me a sec.

I grabbed my bag and headed down to the café. I found him sitting by the window, slices sandwich and a drink in front of him. He waved when he saw me.

I smiled waving back. I placed my order at the front and walked toward him. "Lunch break?"

"Mm." He smiled and looked down. "What's up?" I asked. He shook his head and smiled. "Jimin." I looked at him, giving a serious look. "..Remember the story I told you about? Today was when it happened. Four years ago today, Dean Inc. leaked our information." He smiled.

"Ah.."

The cashier called out for me. I walked up, collecting my food and went back to Jimin. "Are you gonna be ok?" He smiled and nodded. "What about tonight..? Are you gonna come..?"

"Don't know..should I?" He stirred the drink with his straw. "He's not gonna want to see me.."

"Just forget about it and come have a drink. How about it? I'll be there.."

"..ok, if you're gonna be there." He smiled and took a sip.

••
Night had come and Mr.Kim just finished giving a speech to the employees. Everyone clanged their cups cheering and drank. Mr. Kim and the managing department sat in a different room. It was separated by a signal bamboo door.

I sat with Jimin and the rest of his office friends. The only few that trusted him now, we all gathered in the corner of the room ignoring everyone else.

"Look at him over there, acting like he doesn't remember."

"We almost lost our jobs because of that rat."

"Why does the CEO still keep him?"

I spoke loud trying to drown out the voices come from in front of us. His friends helped, making him laugh.

After a while I got comfortable with them. They were kind and welcoming. Soon I saw the managing department leave from the separated room leaving Mr.Kim. A few minutes after I saw one of the workers bring in six bottles of soju.

I should go check on him. But before I could get up Taemin, one of Jimin's friends, got up with his cup of beer.

"Cha! Everyone! Today was the very first company meeting for our newest recruit, Park Rose!" Everyone looked toward me and clapped. "So, here's to celebrating all her hard work so far. May many more exciting experiences come! Cheers!"

"Cheers!" We all raises our cups and took a sip.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

312 16 12
-"Namjoon ah. is she pretty?" His father asked him. -"Appa?" That was all he could say after hearing such a question from his dad. -"You're going to...
3.7K 361 37
๐—•๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐Ÿฎ ๐—œ๐—ป ๐—•๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐Ÿค Park Jimin had everything, a successful career, friends, fame and money but lacked peace, peace from...
12K 2.3K 51
Note: Please be nice to me! My English is not that good. And this was the first book which I have ever written. Jung Y/N is a 24 year old woman who...
309K 10.4K 49
Where two idiots doesn't know what relationship they have....! But still doesn't even bother to search for the answer.!! JEON JUNGKOOK The powerful C...