Saving Love

taylauren80 által

Blair goes to Australia for her best friend's wedding and ends up saving someone from drowning at famous Bond... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Opinions
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 27

2K 23 4
taylauren80 által

Blair's P. O. V.

"So what do you think?"

I look around, "I love it. And it's so close to work. I think it's perfect"

Max nods, "I completely agree. I'm going to go talk to the realtor. I'll be back"

I nod as I watch him walk into the other room. We're standing inside a beautiful house super close to the beach. It has an open concept with an amazing back deck for entertaining. Four bedrooms and three baths. Its stunning.

Max told me he booked us to go see some apartments for rent and he surprised me by bringing me here. What an amazing surprise. The house is perfect for our growing family.

About 10 minutes later, Max walks back in. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling my back against his chest, "The realtor called and told the sellers my offer. They accepted. "

He holds up the keys, "Welcome home"

I grin and turn, crushing him into a hug, "This is so amazing. I love you"

Max kisses me, "I love you too. "

We sign the papers that need to be signed but then we have to go. We made this stop before work because we both have the afternoon shift.

When we get to work, I go in and say, "Guys, we just bought a house!"

A bunch of the guys come up and congratulate us, basically informing us that we had to have a housewarming party. Which of course we will.

I'm in the tower because i'm pregnant but Max is down on the sand. I'm in the tower with Maxi today.

Maxi smiles at me, "It's so amazing to see how your life in Australia is coming together. I mean, for awhile there you were kind of in limbo, ya know? Jake was taken and you and Hoppo wanted different things. I'm really glad you and Max are so happy together"

I laugh as I scan the beach, "I know. I'm so thankful that Max waited for me to quit being an idiot and overlooking what was right in front of me. I'm getting everything i've ever wanted. "

"You and Max better have a bangin party when you get moved in!"

"Oh you know we will. The sucky thing is that it won't be bangin for me because I can't drink"

I set my hand on my tiny bump. Maxi raises his brows, "I totally forgot that you can't drink! Dang. Well you'll be the one who makes sure none of us get out of control"

I grin, "I will gladly do that. "

***

My head whips to the right as I hear Max on the radio, "Is there a person at Backpackers with their hand up"

I focus in on a person way too far out and way too close to the rocks. It takes a minute but then I see, "Yeah you're in. Be careful, he's very close to the rocks"

I watch as Max rips his shirt off and grabs his board, beginning the long and tiring paddle out to the man. The water is rough today so it takes twice as long as it normally would to reach him.

I see that Max has him safely on the board but I watch as waves push them closer and closer to the rocks. I look at Maxi, "I'm worried they're going to be washed onto the rocks"

Maxi reaches over and squeezes my arm, "Max knows what he's doing. He'll be okay"

After about 15 minutes of batting the water and the rocks, Max paddles the guy back onto shore. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding as I see Max standing on the sand.

I can finally tear my eyes away and continue patrolling the beach. I notice a bunch of people crowded together and I can see people constantly turning and looking up towards the tower. I radio to Jethro, "Hey Jeth. In the middle of the flags, there are a bunch of people crowded around someone. They seem to be looking up here to get our attention. Maybe just give it a check, yeah?"

"Yepp, on it Blair"

I try to keep one eye on the rest of the beach and one eye on the situation. A few minutes later, Jethro radios, "I'm gonna need the defib"

I stand up and grab the defib, jogging down the stairs and running to Jethro. I kneel down beside him and see a young woman having a fit.

I grab a random towel off the sand and dry her off as well as I can then stick the patches on her. I turn it on and make sure it's charged up then look at Jethro, "Clear"

He stops doing compressions, taking his hands off her. I press the button and it shocks her. Still no response from her. Jethro continues compressions while the defib charges up again.

"Clear"

I press it and after the shock, she moves slightly, moaning in pain. I quickly say, "Hello, love. Can you hear me? Just nod a bit if you can hear me"

At this point, I see the EMTs coming towards us with a stretcher so I know she's going to be in better hands very soon.

I see her head slightly nod. I set my hand on her arm, "Don't worry dear. You're going to be taken to hospital. Everything will be okay"

The EMTs get there then strap her onto the board. We all go to grab the board to carry her off the beach but the head EMT, Norm, gives me a disapproving look, "Blair, you're pregnant. Go back up to the tower"

I watch as they walk away, carrying her off the beach. I slowly walk back up to the tower. When I sit down, Maxi says, "I'm sorry, Blair. I know it's going to suck being confined to such light duties for 9 months. But you're having a baby and that's an amazing thing"

I nod, "You're right. It's going to be hard but my baby is more important than any job"

"Exactly!"

The rest of the day actually goes by really smoothly. A couple more water rescues but all very textbook rescues.

When we close the beach up for the day, Max and I walk hand in hand to the car. As he drives us to my apartment, he says, "I was watching you help Jethro with the resus today and I saw the dejected look on your face when Norm told you to go to the tower. I'm so sorry you're having to do half your job. I know it's really hard for you"

I reach across the console and grab his hand in mine, kissing the knuckles, "It's definitely going to take some getting used to. But i'm happy, Max. I have you. I have a baby growing inside me. OUR baby. We have a beautiful house. Having to sit in the tower for 9 months is nothing compared to the happiness I have right now"

Max smiles and kisses me before looking back at the road, "I never thought that I was going to fall in love with a lifeguard from America"

I laugh, "I never thought I was actually going to end up staying in Australia. Much less be in an amazing relationship and having a baby. The past couple years have been a wild ride"

Max nods in agreement, "They really have"

We get to my apartment and go inside. Max says, "I'm just going to order in. "

I nod and go take a shower. When I come out, there is a pizza sitting in the kitchen. I grab a slice and join Max on the couch. He has his laptop open.

I lean over and look at his screen. He's got a website open with baby names listed. I smile, "Babe, we don't even know if it's a girl or a boy yet!"

He shrugs, "Yeah but we can just come up with names for both so we're prepared"

I grab his face and kiss him. He's so cute whenever he's talking about the baby. I cuddle into his side, watching him type up his favorite names in a Word document.

I honestly can say I never though I would end up with Max. He's always been an amazing guy but I just thought I probably screwed things up when I snubbed him in the beginning. But here we are, happy together. With a baby on the way.

I really think it's time that he met my family. He's been asking but it's obviously hard because they live in America. But this man is it for me. He's the one. And he's going to be my baby's father. And all i've done is talk about him to my family so I know they're dying to meet him. I need to invite my family down here to visit once we get into our house.

I hope they love him as much as I do. I know they started watching old seasons of Bondi Rescue to get to know all the guys i'm working with. And I know they like him from what they see on there.

But I can't wait for them to see him and the way he is with me. The things he says to me and the way he treats me. The way he talks about the baby. I really don't think there's anyone on this entire earth that could be better for me or my baby. He's amazing and I can't believe it took me over a year to realize.

I'm just glad i'm on the right track now.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

83K 846 32
Eve Carroll grew up with the boys in blue until she moved to America for surfing for two years and she has now returned to Bondi to complete the rest...
85.8K 1K 103
First story of mine. A story of a girl who travels to her dream country for getting a dream job on famous Bondi Beach leaving her country to start a...
236K 2.4K 107
BOOK 3 of my Bondi series! REQUESTS ARE CLOSED!!! All this writing (in this book) is my own and I made it up myself! As some think I've stolen it whi...
7.2K 69 11
COMPLETED Growing up, Lu had dreamed of working at bondi. After her best friend persuading her to go along to lifeguard trials, she surprises everyon...