Jewels ✔️

De Maymunatu_Bukar

{Completed} Jawahir Malik Zayyad, the last thing she expected to happen to her is getting married. Especiall... Mai multe

Author's note
Cast♥️♥️
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
EPILOGUE
Final Author's Note
Suprise!
Rayuwar Maimoon
Support your girl🥺
Bonus chapter
🎀Read please🎀
Ramadan Kareem✨🌙

Chapter 24

15.9K 1.9K 176
De Maymunatu_Bukar

We've hit 1k votes💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
I love y'all 😘❤️❤️
Thank you ❤️❤️

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

JAWAHIR

"Bring out 2 cups of vanilla frosting." I told Nai'a and Amal. I placed my ingredients which consists of: strawberry coconut ice cream, fresh strawberries, international delight creamer, fruity miniature marshmallows and finally vanilla frosting.

We are going to make unicorn milkshakes. I placed the ingredients on the counter and grabbed a large bowl to mix the ingredients together.

"Here it is." They both placed a cup of the frosting each on the counter with the rest of the ingredients. "What's else do we need to do ukht?"

"La shayy;nothing. Go join Affan and I'll bring it to you when it's ready." They bobbed their heads and walked out to go meet Affan who's outside playing ball.

Laura left three days ago, I really miss her. And I know I'll miss her even more when the kids leave, she's the only one that usually keeps me company.

Can we, we keep, keep each other company
Maybe we, can be, be each other's company
Oh company

Justin Bieber's company echoed in my head. I moved my body to the rhythm.

Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion
Turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie
Yeah, we think we're free
Drink, this one is on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm
To the rhythm

This time Katy Perry's 'chained to the rhythm' echoed in my head. I kept swaying my body whilst mixing the ingredients. After I was through, I went to get the tumblers so that I'll transfer it. I opened the lower cupboard and the tumblers weren't there. Laura must have changed their position. I sighed and looked around wondering how I'll get them from the upper cupboard. I glanced around the kitchen and an idea came to my mind.

I decided to climb the counter top to get the glasses. I hoisted myself up and stood straight on the counter. Opening the cupboard, I reached for them. But the length of my hand wouldn't reach. Sometimes it's a curse and a blessing to be small. I kept leaning towards it, standing on my tip toes. The reasonable part of me is saying that this is a bad idea and I will fall down. I paid no heed to it and kept leaning.

"Careful." A voice yelled in concern? I haven't realized that my feet have reached the end of the counter, I lost my balance. A loud shriek escaped my lips, I clenched my eyes shut, ready to meet the solid ground. But it never came.

Instead I fell into muscular arms, I instinctively wrapped my arms around the person's neck for support. I propped one lid open to see Aayan's angry face. Why?

"What were you thinking? Hal anta majnun?" I shot him an offended look. How can he ask me if I'm crazy. "You could have injured yourself badly." He continued to scold me as if I'm a kid. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"But I'm not injured, I'm I?" I asked cheekily. And why is he angry? Excuse me, but I was the one about to fall down.

"Don't play smart with me young lady." Young lady? Really? What is he? A dad? I scoffed. Before I could tell him to put me down the kids ran into the kitchen.

"Oh oh." Amal and Nai'a exclaimed quickly using their palms to cover Affan's eyes. Silly girls. I blushed and Aayan just chuckled huskily-the sound vibrating within me stimulating an unfamiliar, but welcomed emotion- but didn't make the attempt of putting me down.

"We'll come back later." And just like that they left the kitchen.

"Uhm can you put me down?" I requested, my cheeks still hot.

"You know a simple thank you will suffice. I practically saved your life."

"Isn't it a husband's duty?" I threw his words from a while back, back at him.

"Fair enough." He pretended to drop me making me scream and cling to him tighter.

"I wasn't really going to drop you." He laughed and I pouted. He placed a kiss on my forehead, sending electric jolts through out my body. From the romance novels I've read, a forehead kiss means protection. It's respect. It says 'you're mine. Don't ever leave my side.' It says 'I care about you and I don't want you to get hurt.' It says 'I'll come between you and whatever tries to hurt you.' It says 'I love you you're my baby'

What?! You've definitely gone majnun! And where on earth did you derive that from. If I were you I will stop questioning things and go with the flow.

Then why does he keep doing that? Deciding that she's -or is it me?-right. I shoved the thought away.

"So what did you make?" Aayan's question brought me back to reality. I answered and he asked if he could have some.

"But I didn't get the tumblers."

"Oh so that's was why you were trying to kill yourself." He mumbled under his breath.

"I wasn-"

"You were suppose to use the ladder." He deadpanned, cutting me off.

"What ladder?" I asked somewhat annoyed. He dragged me to the store room and turned on the lights. "That ladder." He pointed at a ladder sitting at the end of the room.

"Ohh." I smiled sheepishly, rubbing my nape.

"Yeah Ohh." He rolled his eyes. Iyyeh, who knew he could do that. He got the tumblers-easily might i add- for me. After transferring it to the tumblers, I handed one to Aayan and placed the rest on a tray.

"This tastes good." He complimented dropping the cup. He looked up at me and I giggled.

"Why are you laughing? Do I have something on my face?"

Still giggling I nodded and pointed to the corner of his mouth where he smudged some milkshake. He kept wiping but couldn't get the right place. I decided to save both of us the trouble. I picked a tissue and without thinking wiped it for him.

It was like my feet were stuck and I couldn't move. I looked up into his mesmerizing black orbs. "There." I breathed. "Your eyes are so black."

He chuckled softly. "Well that's their color after all."

We stared into each other's eyes for a good few minutes before I forcefully dragged myself away from him, before I could do anything stupid. He shook his head a bit then collected the tray from me and took my hand. He silently led me outside to meet the kids.

**************

Aayan initially took a day off today, unfortunately he needs to be there for an urgent meeting with the board. I was really looking forward to spending the day with him and of course the kids.

I know I said I wanted to back off, because I have no idea what's going on, what I'll label our relationship as. Friends? Flat mates? I don't know. But I really like being around him- if you ignore the fact he still tries to get answers I'm not ready to give.I especially love he's interaction with the kids especially Affan. It's adorable actually. Affan isn't growing up with our brothers around, and Aayan never had a younger brother. Imagine how he'll look like with his son.

Shoving the thoughts away, I focused on the road again. I drove through the busy road of the city. The traffic is really horrible, and people wouldn't stop honking. I rolled the windows up and turned on the AC, the smoke is getting unbearable.

"Ugh do you think we can get there on time Ya Jawjaw?" Nai'a asked with a groan, throwing her head back.

"I'm sure we'll get there, Nai'a." Amal told Nai'a from the passenger seat, twisting around to face her.

"But the cars aren't even moving." Affan pointed out with a whiny voice.

"They will." I told them. "Y'all should calm down.

After almost thirty minutes of honking, we arrived. The kids alighted the car and I parked it before alighting also. I locked the car and walked to the front door. After knocking the door, it was pulled open.

"Jaw-bear." He exclaimed, before pulling for a warm hug. We exchanged pleasantries and he turned to the kids. After that he left saying he has to go to the office.

Ya Yusuf's job is very time demanding, yet he still squeeze time for his wife and kids. We sauntered into the cozy living room. We met Hairan and her kids watching Tv.

We salamed and walked deeper into the room. The kids rushed to hug me, Nai'a, Affan and Amal-who's a bit shy- did the same to Hairan. I propped down beside Hairan.

"Hey Zawjatu akhi." I squealed, hugging her sideways and pecking her cheek.

She returned the gesture. "Hello Mrs Aayan." She said smiling teasingly. I just blushed, liking the name.

"Ouuu." Hairan cooed. "You're blushing." I covered my face and she giggled. "How are you?"

"Ana bikhayr; I am okay."

"School?"

I loosened my scarf and tossed it aside. I ran my hand through my now loosed hair. I finally unbraided much to Aayan's delight. I will never understand why though, it's not like I leave my hair open all the time. "We are on a two weeks break." I'm more than glad for the break, it gave me the opportunity to bring my siblings.

We chatted till it was time for Asr, we decided to go to the park with the kids. We took Hairan's SUV. Hairan and I sat down on a bench as we watched the kids play around. Ammah and a girl-who looks no older than 4-were fighting for the swing, and Ammah pushed the girl down.

I quickly rushed to them, Hairan behind me. I picked up the girl from the floor and dust her dress. "Hey." I cooed. "It's okay, don't cry anymore." I said wiping her tears with my fingers.

Meanwhile Hairan is scolding Ammah and the girl is on the verge of tears. "Hairan, it's okay. I got this."

"Jawahir lemme. How many times do I have to tell her to stop taking matters in her own hands and tell an elder." She glared at Ammah making her to hide behind me.

"Calm down." I told my sister in law. I turned to Ammah. "Now what you did was it good?"

"No Aunty Jawjaw, I'm sorry." She sniveled.

"Don't apologies to me. Apologize to her." I said pointing at the girl I'm yet to know her name.

"I'm sorry, pweesh forgive me." Ammah said meekly. The girl nodded her head and smile. I squat down to their level. "What's your name?"

"Umma Salma."

"Hey Umma Salma, what a pretty name for a pretty girl. I am Jawahir." I said offering my hand for a shake. Which she gladly accepted. "Thank you. Your name is pretty too so are you."

"Well thank you. Will you mind playing with Ammah now? She said she's sorry and she will not do it again." I said the last sentence shooting a pointed look at Ammah.

"Yes I pwomish not to do it again. I'm sorry." Umma smiled and said. "I forgive you."

"Yayy." I squealed clapping my hands. "Now why don't you go and play together." They turned around to go back when I stopped them. "Come give Aunty Jawjaw a hug."

The girls rushed to my opened arms, I squeezed them before releasing them. I watched as they walked away hand in hand to go play.

"You are a great mother." A voice said from above me. I looked up from squatting position. A woman dressed in a brown atampa with white veil.

"Oh she's not my daughter, she's my niece." I said standing up.

"I'm Mardiya. Umma Salma's mom." She introduced.

"Jawahir and I'm sorry for what my niece did."

"Oh you don't need to apologize. I was rushing towards them when I saw you there already. You handled the situation perfectly. Most people would have taken wards side, even if she's at fault, some will have punished her. But you did in a calming manner, look they are even friends now." I diverted my gaze back to the girls. And true they are now playing like long term best friends.

I smiled at her not knowing what to say. "You're married?"

I nodded affirmatively. "Yes I am."

"Masha Allah, Allah bada zaman lafiya." I mumbled an ameen. "You'll make a great mother one day." She added. "Bye, it was nice meeting you." She left before I could reply. "It was nice meeting you too." I mumbled.

I ambulated back to the bench Hairan and I were sitting down earlier. "Was that the child's mother? I hope she wasn't mad."

"Relax she wasn't." I told her sitting down. "No hard feelings. She even said I'll make a great mother." I turned to face Hairan. "Do you think so too?"

The look on her face shows that she's confused from the sudden unexpected question. I don't blame her, even I am confused.

She answered anyway. "Yes. You shower kids with love and affection all the time, I'm sure you'll do the same with yours, better even."

I smiled appreciatively at her. "So you're planning to have little Jaw and Aayan running around eh?" She said wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. What?

"You're not serious." I scoffed. "And I don't think it'll happen anytime soon." Not that I'm looking forward to it. Gosh the thought is making me blush.

"Why not?" She bumped her shoulder with mine. I just shrugged. "Just. I'm not even sure what we are." I confessed.

"What do you want to be?" That is a question I don't have an answer for. I leaned forward and placed my elbows on my knees. "He knows about the nightmares." I said lowly looking forward.

"Oh." She also leaned forward. "What did you tell him?"

"What's there to tell him? Nothing." I mumbled still looking forward.

"Jaw." She sighed. "Ok but will you tell him? Some other day? When the right time comes?"

I released a heavy breath. "He doesn't need to know anyway."

"He's your husband."

"Eh true, but you understand what I'm saying. I just don't want him to look at me differently. Weak."

"Jawja-"

"You know what let it be Hairan. I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay as you wish. But I hope when the time comes you'll do the right thing."

I hope so.

**********

We left the park around 6pm. Immediately we got to Hairan's, we swapped to our car. The sun has fallen already and this is time workers go back so the traffic will be horrific. And I might have forgotten to inform Aayan that's why I'm freaking out. Liyuseidni Allah; God help me.

This is bad, really bad. The traffic is moving at a snail's pace, heck even a snail is faster. My phone started ringing. I checked the caller ID and it's an unknown number. I kept the phone not picking the call.

The phone kept ringing from the same number. Annoyed I picked. "Who is this?" I hissed.

"Ayna anti bihalkil jahim; where the hell are you?" Aayan's angry voice growled through the speaker.

Oh oh! I gulped. "Uhm-well......."

"Takallama bishaqin wadhihin; speak clearly." He snapped. He's mad alright.

"We went to Ya Yusuf's and lost track of time." I said hurriedly in one breath.

"And you couldn't even call?" Well I kinda don't have your number I wanted to say but dare not.

"Asif." I said meekly.

"Yeah you should be. You grew up here, you of all people know how bad the traffic is even on normal days and tomorrow is Christmas for crying out loud." He heaved a breath as if he had run a marathon. Well with the amount of yelling he's doing....

"Ana asif ." I apologized again.

"When do you think you'll get here." He said in a monotone.

"The traffic has started moving, so in about twenty minutes." I said placing the phone on my right shoulder and lifted it to my ear, leaning my head a bit and placed both hands on the steering wheel.

"Ok drive carefully and come back home." He said gruffly and disconnected the call before I could say anything.

Twenty minutes later we arrived back home. The gateman opened the gated. "Welcome." He said. I nodded and zoomed through the driveway. Feeling lazy, I parked the car outside and not in the garage. I killed the ignition and alighted. Amal and Nai'a who are half asleep half awake stepped out. I picked up Affan since he's already asleep.

Ya ilahi. This boy is heavy. We walked to the front door, before I could insert my key in the keyhole the door was pulled open. Aayan stood there in a singlet and short knickers. I swallowed hard, my mouth going dry. The white singlet showing his taut muscles, his biceps on full display. Mehn he's hot. And all yours. The wife in me added.

He noticed Affan on my shoulder and I was sadly and stupidly struggling with his weight. He collected him and placed him on his own shoulder, his muscles flexing in the process. I gulped, is he trying kill me?! He said nothing, just turned around and started walking, to their room most definitely.

Sighing, I took hold of Nai'a's and Amal's hands so that they wouldn't fall down, I followed Aayan quietly. He opened the door and switched on the lights, he then placed Affan on his bed, taking of his shoes and covering him with the comforter.

The girls went to bed also not bothering to change. They must be really exhausted. Aayan and I ambulated out of the room closing the door quietly behind us. He still wouldn't talk to me or look at me.

"Aayan I'm sorry. I really am."

"What you did was not right. I came back an hour after I left, to an empty house. You didn't even bother to call and you come back around this time?" He whisper-yelled. His accent loud and clear.

"I'm sorry." I apologized meekly.

"I'm not restricting your movement, not at all. But just inform me and don't stay out late next time, okay? You have no idea how worried I was."

Awwn he was worried about me. The thought warmed my heart. "Ana asifan, lan yahduk zalika mujadaddan; I am sorry, it will not happen again." I apologized again, looking down.

"C'mere." He opened his arms wide, which I gladly walked into. His addicting masculine scent taking over my olfactory nerve. I inhaled deeply.

Aayan chuckled. "Did you just sniff me?"

"La, I did not." I defended lamely knowing that he's right. "You're something else Jawahir."

I looked up with his arms still around me. "In a good or a bad way?"

"Altryq aljyd; good way."

"Better." He bobbed his nose with mine. "Tusbih ala khayr; sweet dreams." He placed a lingering kiss on my forehead.

"Night." I said shyly. Smiling at me one last time, he turned around to waltz to his room and I did too.

We are getting somewhere 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

Favorite moment?

*Readers answer*

Readers: What about yours Memzy?

Me: *gasps and whine dramatically* How could you?! *place both hands on chest* I can never choose.

Readers: *hiss and roll eyes* Just choose Maymunatu.

Me: *sigh deeply and mumble under my breath * If I were to choose it will be when he opened his arms for her😻😍😍 Oh Allah!!😋😋🤤🤤

*All swoon and sigh at the same time* IKR 😍🤩😍🤩

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I can be dramatical sometimes, don't mind me.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the chapter.

Yours truly
Memzyb✨🌹

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

1.2M 37.5K 37
Daleela is fifteen, hormonal, and all around your average teenage Muslim girl. Well, you know, if being a Muslim girl in America is what you call ave...
19.5K 548 34
this is my first time writing a story online and because i love one piece i thought why not make one Ps: the boys are yandere this is my au so if you...
32.5K 582 12
Momo has been fighting her emotions. Since their practical exam, she felt different about Shoto Todoroki. One day, a snowstorm hits the hard in Toky...
74.8K 2.6K 41
The Man in the Moon.Guardian of All Children.The one who created every fairytale and their world...But I call him Father. Jack Frost.Guardian of F...