.Rise And Fall.

By takenbyshawnbut_

Highest ranking: #1 in Rise. #1 in Fall. #1 in... More

.Rise And Fall.
.Rise and Fall. (1)
.Rise and Fall. (2)
.Rise and Fall. (3)
.Rise and Fall. (4)
.Rise and Fall. (5)
.Rise and Fall. (6)
.Rise and Fall. (7)
.Rise and Fall. (8)
.Rise and Fall. (9)
.Rise and Fall. (10)
.Rise and Fall. (11)
.Rise and Fall. (12)
.Rise and Fall. (13)
.Rise and Fall. (14)
.Rise and Fall. (15)
.Rise and Fall. (16)
.Rise and Fall. (17)
.Author's Note And Cast.
.Rise and Fall. (18)
.Rise and Fall. (19)
.Rise and Fall. (20)
.Rise and Fall. (21)
.Rise and Fall. (22)
.Rise and Fall. (23)
.Rise and fall. (24)
.Rise and Fall. (25)
.Rise and Fall. (26)
.Rise and Fall. (27)
.Rise and Fall. (28)
.Rise and Fall. (29)
.Rise and Fall. (30)
.Rise and Fall. (31)
.Rise and Fall. (32)
.Rise and Fall. (33)
.Rise and Fall. (34)
.Rise and Fall. (35)
.Rise and Fall. (36)
.Rise and Fall. (37)
.Rise and Fall. (38)
.Rise and Fall. (39)
.Rise and Fall. (40)
.Rise and Fall. (41)
.Rise and Fall. (42)
.Rise and Fall. (43)
.Rise and Fall. (44)
.Rise and Fall. (45)
.Rise and Fall. (46)
.Rise and Fall. (47)
.Rise and Fall. (48)
.Rise and Fall. (49)
.Rise and Fall. (50)
.Rise and Fall. (51)
.Rise and Fall. (52)
.Rise and Fall. (53)
.Rise and Fall. (55)
.Rise and Fall. (56)
.Rise and Fall. (57)
.Rise and Fall. (58)
.Rise and Fall. (59)
.Rise and Fall. (60)
.Rise and Fall. (61)
.Rise and Fall. (62)
.Rise and Fall. (63)
.Rise and Fall. (64)
.Rise and Fall. (65)
.Rise and Fall. (66)
.Rise and Fall. (67)
.Rise and Fall. (68)
.Rise and Fall. (69)
.Rise and Fall. (70)
.Rise and Fall. (71)
.Rise and Fall. (72)
.Rise and Fall. (73)
.Rise and Fall. (74)
.Rise and Fall. (75)
.Rise and Fall. (76)
.Rise and Fall. (77)
.Rise and Fall. (78)
.Rise and Fall. (79)
.Rise and Fall. (80)
.Bonus Chapter.
.Bonus Chapter.
.Epilogue.

.Rise and Fall. (54)

18.9K 666 17
By takenbyshawnbut_

|Chapter: 54|

"Mm-hmm." I kept listening to his mumbling. Ever since we woke up this morning with legs tangled together, his face buried in the crook of my neck and arm drapped around my stomach; we are still in the same way.

"I hate him for treating me as a mistake my whole life. You, only you make me feel safe and good about myself", he whispered with his eyes still closed like he was talking in his dreams. I played with his hair as I look at his face. I knew well enough he doesn't hate him but maybe hurt by him, I heard it in his voice.

"You're not a mistake but the best thing ever. To me at least." I kissed his hair. I felt his smile on my skin.

He told me everything last night. When his mom, Ariella was pregnant with Jade they came to Lockswood. Rayden Black, Nick's father decided to cut himself off his father's business life and live like a normal family. They were happy just as they dreamed to be. After three years when, Ariella got pregnant with Nick, Rayden was at cloud nine for the arrival of the new member in the family until he found out it wasn't his baby growing inside his wife but her highschool boyfriend Lucian Miller, Nick's biological father. Lucian left Ariella just after he found out about her pregnancy, he was afraid of the power Rayden had.

After years Rayden forgave his wife because he loves her too much to hate her forever but not the lovechild she raised. Nick was always the odd one out of the family, punished for something which completely wasn't his fault. Two years ago, Rayden's father passed away and all the responsibilities of the numerous companies were handed back to him, the reason why they left Lockswood. But Nick stayed back to finish his school as he said. Hard to believe when he didn't give a damn about school.

"Rena let's get out of here before they come." He lifted his head from my neck, looking all serious and like knocked out of his dreamy world.

"That will be disrespectful. They are coming here just to have lunch all the way from the States. We cannot run away", I tried to make him understand.

He sighed. "I know its not just lunch. Black surely has something planned. You don't know him."

"Then I want to know him", I shot back, surprising him. I want know why suddenly after two years he wants to meet Nick. Why now after all these times when he didn't turn his back once to see how he was doing all of his own? Then I remembered something. "Oh wait, no!" I abruptly sat down.

"What happened?", he panicked.

"I don't have a dress. I cannot wear your clothes in front of them."

He rolled his eyes smiling before pulling me back in his arms. "We can arrange that", he said and took my hand to kiss the palm.

But my heart soon accelerated when his eyes lingered on my wrist. The bruise that Stella left on me. I was surprised how it was still there and so clear. What do I do? I tried to pull my hand away but he didn't let go and kept staring at it silently.

"What is this?", he asked slowly, trying to tame his anger.

"Nothing I just got hurt.."

"By what?"

"Like I said before nothing. Can we please go and have breakfast? I'm hungry."

"Don't change the subject Rena. Is it your mom because I swear..."

"Nick my mom will never hurt me.." I thought for a while. "Not physically at least."

"Then how?"

"I did myself. Happy?" I was annoyed of his questions by now.

"Why would you hurt yourself?!" Now he was yelling at me and that made me kind of mad at him. But fighting is the option I'd never go for. Not for all these small reasons, they cannot just tear us down so easily. Pulling myself out of his hold, I get off the bed and walked towards the bathroom.

Once I was inside, I rested my palms on the sink and started crying. At the moment, all I want to do is cry, cry my eyes out. I don't even know why, maybe its because of my mom or maybe the bruise reminds of the hatred Stella feel towards me, or maybe its Nick.

I cannot just tell him about the hell of an emotion I was going through. Because he has his own problems to deal with, his conflicts with his father and a past that still haunts him, I know even if he refuses to tell me. I've seen him going back to the darkside of him whenever he gets angry. So, why bother him with my problems? All I ever want is see him happy even if I've to fake mine, that's how much I love him.

I washed my face and splashed water in my eyes when I was done crying feeling my heart lightweight, brush my teeth and then cleared my throat so that my voice don't crack when I talk. I walked out of the bathroom with a fresh new smile on my face.

Nick was laying on his back still on the bed, looking lost in thought as he watched the white ceiling above. I walked near the bed before placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Breakfast? C'mon I'm starving, Nick", I fake pouted. He looked surprised at my sudden change of mood. Dad always said I had my mom's eyes and that were really good in mustering emotions up. From blank to sad or happy to mad, often making it hard for him to read.

He ignored it and pulled me back on his arms again. "Sorry for yelling, but don't ever hurt yourself."

"I won't", I said smiling brightly at him. A lazily smile came on his lips as he stood up still holding me.

"Don't pout like that unless you want me to kiss the life out of you", he warned, making me blush. He took a lock of my hair and swirled around his finger. "Give me your smile", he whispered. Like a reflex, my lips stretch up and my stomach fluttered at his request. He kept staring at me, his eyes glimmering with happiness never leaving mine. I would sacrifice everything just to see him happy, was the last thought in my mind.

"I live for this, Rena."

.

I made my way to the kitchen where I saw Genice humming a song and cooking something, whatever that was but it smelled really good.

"Good morning, Genice", I greeted as I took a seat near the counter. He turned around shocked and for once his robot like structure changed. I beamed at him showing my teeth while he shook his head. "Morning Miss... I mean only Serena."

"How was your date?", I asked, curiously. He didn't answer right way. I continued to watch him with my big doe eyes, at last he sighed and said.

"Thank you. I smiled and it went all great. She even said I look more young and handsome when I smile."

"I told ya", I smirked. He handed me a hot coffee and some breakfast before going back to resume whatever he was cooking. I was surprised how he managed everything alone in this big mansion.

"Madam Claire was really happy when I told her about you and as a thank you gift, she bought you a dress", he informed.

"She what?" I was surprised and even started doubting if I heard that correct. I mean I don't even know her or met her and she'd buy a dress for me.

"She insisted and I didn't stop because I'm well aware you have no dress to wear for the lunch with the Black."

He tasted the soup that he was making and put the spoon down.

"But how did you know?", I asked.

"Well I figure it out since you came with no bags and you're still wearing Nick sir's shirt and shorts." I nodded my head, it all made sense but still why'd someone buy me a dress without even knowing me and why Genice let her....

"Wait...How did you know about the lunch?", I asked again.

"I am the one who informed Mr. Black about his son's return. Afterall, the last when he came here, he was 16 and drunk", he said casually rubbing some dishes clean.

"Genice do you want to die? What if Nick comes to know about this?", I whisper yelled looking around. Of course no one is there and Nick is taking his shower.

"Certainly not. I'm too young to die and I still take orders from Mr. Black. So I was strictly told to inform him if in case his son decides to come here." He kept his straight face but I noticed a small smile in the corner of his lips. What is he happy?

"Is there something you're not telling me Genice?", I asked raising my brow. His face dropped and continued cleaning the plates. I watched him as he walked around ignoring my stares, like I wasn't even there. But still I didn't give up. At last he sighed and turned to look at me while I had a billion dollar smile on my face.

"They don't get along. I guess you know his part of the story but not his father's. Mr. Black really cares about him but he tries to hide it, and has been successful so far. I not just a butler but also giving him security with my team wherever he goes. He was involved with the Oz and he never got caught because we always had his back but at the same time we tried our best for him to quit the deals. He never did until you came. That night when you were assaulted, we informed his friends about it and thankfully, they reached there on time. I must say you were brave that night. We do all these under Mr. Black's order."

My jaw was dropped to the floor. Nothing came out of my surprised state of a mouth. He went back to his work. He was giving me time to proceed that and I knew we are not done talking here. I had questions for which I seek answers. Nick's father actually cares about him. Its all a fake façade around his son and he doesn't really hate him.

"But why does he hide it? And does Nick know about all these?", I asked once I was able to talk again.

"He just can't suddenly come up and show him love, which he didn't do for years. Nick will only suspect something is wrong, is what he thinks. His father is more than happy that he is here, safe and sound when I informed him. Nick also have no idea about anything and you're not telling him. Are you Miss?", he asked seriously. I shook my head no immediately. But I have to think of a way to put them together. They both don't deserve this.

"Good.... and yeah only Serena your dress is on the couch in the living room. Hope you like it."

I stood up. "But if the security team was there that night, why didn't they protect him from all the beatings?", I asked suddenly angry remembering how mercilessly they beat him.

"Well that's what he gets for doing deeds which are illegal. When the guy ordered to finish him, they were about to step in but then you came which stopped them from revealing their covers. We work undercover which means Nick is not suppose to find out about us like I said before. And remember we never had this talk."

I nodded my head. "Thank you."

**********
Vote.Comment.Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 10.5K 50
Amber has a secret, one that she hates. When the school bad boy finds out, she realizes he isn't who he seems to be. Garrett is hiding something. Whe...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
112K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
318K 11.7K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...