Dragon Princess

Por BeautyUndead

As long as she could remember Zartiyil was rasied by dragons. They were her only family, her friends, and her... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Author's Note

Chapter 12

1.4K 22 2
Por BeautyUndead

First I would like to thank those that are commenting, voting, fanning me, and adding my story to their libraries! So THANK YOU! I couldn't have gotten over a thousand views without you guys! You guys are amazing! Any who, I originally made this story to be just one solid story, short and simple with no sequels. I didn't even think it would get that many views! I am close to naming the world they live in and having other books that merge into main story! Due to all the support I am getting I may just do that! So please comment below on said idea and also this chapter! Remember to vote, comment, and all the other stuff ya do! Happy reading! Oh and the pic to the side (if it shows up) is a certain council member who will be introduced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zralor’s POV

The attack did not go quite as it was planned.

As I flew dodging in and out from the range of the human’s weapons my mind seemed to merge with my instincts. It was something that the veteran warriors had told me about back when I was just a youngling. Back then I didn’t quite understand what they had been talking about. But now I knew. When you’re actually on the battlefield all reasoning just melts away; only leaving the warrior’s instinct.

Zartiyil had been perched on my head giving me advice about incoming attacks. Part of me was glad that we flew as one in battle while the other told me it wasn’t supposed to be me she was perched on. She should be with her own dragon, not me. For that split second I slowed when I remembered that, I felt something cold and hard wrap around my wings. Next thing I know I was falling.

Down. Down. Down I went and was plummeting towards the water around the human’s fortress. Is this it? Am I really to die this soon? My poor mate…

Suddenly I felt my wings break loose from the grip of the human’s trap. I don’t know how or why but I didn’t question it. I snapped my wings out and started flying back up. My power is restored! I went back and fought with my people.

As I gripped one of the human catapults and prepped to toss it was when I noticed the reins that Zartiyil was holding were flapping around smacking me on the head.

“Get a grip Zartiyil! This is far from over!” I roared at her. But no answer. That was strange. She just may be scared from the battle.

With a roar I threw the catapult far away. I couldn’t even hear it crash over the roar of the battle. I started gliding over the human fortress and breathed fire onto a long steam of humans. They screamed and ran. Some that were closer merely fell over limp. Ha! These humans do not know the fire power of a dragon!

I went to another area of the human’s fortress where they were firing these strange weapons into the air. They couldn’t even penetrate our thick hides! Ha! These humans make me laugh. At that moment I made another slip up. One of the humans noticed me and shot one of his weapons up. The blasted thing got me in the eye! I can’t see!

Letting out a roar of pain I clutched my now bleeding eye. I used my now only seeing eye to survey the battle. It was mayhem! Fire being shot and breathed! Dragons falling, humans dying. So this is what a battle really looks like.

This is nothing like how others have described to me. There was no glory. There was no pride. Only death. Of both dragon and human. I let out a signal roar and began flying back towards home. Home is the only place I wanna be right now. Far away from death and pain. Back home with my Mama and Zartiyil eating Lumi berries for breakfast.

As we flew my eyes only bothered me more. I kept bumping into other dragons returning that were flying on the right side of me. The eye that had been shot still has the human weapon sticking out of it. The bleeding didn’t help my dizziness.

I noticed Medica flying quickly checking on the survivors and quickly going to the next. She flew over to me.

“Zralor are you okay? Your flying is not as it should. I shall call over someone to carry you back.” Medica spoke softly to me and set her talonless hand on my side. I tried to shake her off but suddenly I felt so…so…dizzy.

Great Zal my head hurts. I tried to push myself up only to fall back down to the ground. Then I tried to at least open my eyes. I found I could only open my left. At first my vision was hazy but then it cleared out as I spotted Medica approaching me with a happy look plastered on her face.

“Medica? Is that you?” I could see her but I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a dream.

“Good you’re awake! You’ve been thrashing around in your sleep for hours on end. I thought you would never wake up.” She replied cheerily and patted the side of my snort gently.

“What happened? Did we win? Why can’t I open my right eye? What is happening now?” I bombarded her with questions as I jumped to my feet only to fall back down. In return Medica glared at me and smacked the tip of my snout.

“Do not get up! You are still weak from all the blood loss! SO STAY DOWN!” She roared at me. I merely nodded, sure Medica wasn’t a fighter but she sure was scary at times.

“That’s better.  The questions you asked will be answered. But on the matters of your left eyes…it could not be saved. I am very sorry for that.” Medica bowed her head.

So I lost my right eye. Not bad for my first fight. I chuckled to myself and felt the dent on my face where my right eye was.

“Yes, a lot of dragons lose eyes like that. Human’s had a nasty habit of targeting our eyes, heads, and wings.” Medica went to tend to a sleeping dragon next to me who seemed to be missing the end of his tail. How that happened I’ll never know.

So the humans were aiming at my head. I wonder if Zartiyil got hit…ZARTIYIL! I jumped back up and forced my bones not to give out as I darted my eyes all around the area. I saw friends of mine, other medical dragons, and wounded dragons but no Zartiyil.

“Medica, have you seen my sister?” I demanded with a menacing tone in my voice.

“I cannot say…for that I apologize.” Medica turned away and refused to look at me. With a roar I started at a run and jumped into the air. Maybe Zartiyil went to visit Uncle Zan and tell him how the battle went. Yeah that’s it. As I touched down in the Throne Room I looked around. Seems they are running a meeting.

One his throne sat my Uncle Zan and his mate. They both had sad looks on their faces as they met my gaze. Beside them on the ground was my mother slumped over, it looked as if she was passed out. I ran over to her side and held her.

She was still breathing but her face told she was stressed and sad. Very sad. I simply held her as I looked up at my Uncle.

“Where is my sister?” Was all I could get out before my throat clamped shut and didn’t allow me to continue speaking.

My Uncle’s mate looked at me and I saw tears in her eyes as she mouthed ‘sorry’ over and over again. My Uncle cleared his throat and began to address the crowd that had showed for the meeting.

“My people! Today our warriors left for a great battle against the humans. And today when they returned not all was there. Like all great battles, they also claim great dragons. Several dragons where lost today. Our hearts go out to each and every one of the. May the Great Zal accept the lovingly into his realm.” Uncle Zan seemed to almost break at the thought of something but soon gathered himself and continued.

“Among the ones that were lost, we all lost someone important to us. The rumors you all have heard are true. In the chaos of the battle we lost our Princess. Yes, Princess Zartiyil’s life has been claimed by battle.” Zantor finally got out as many of the dragons gave our roars of distress. While some look unaffected and even glad, others were mortified. I did not dare to even see the council’s reactions.

Then my Uncle’s words finally hit me as they echoed on my brain. Princess Zartiyil’s life has been claimed by battle. My heart seemed to snap. How could this have happened? I didn’t even notice her be gone from my head! She was there the whole time!

“You lie!” I gently lay my mother down and growl at my Uncle. “You speak nothing but lies! Zartiyil cannot be dead she simply can’t be! You are telling nothing but lies that breathe pure evil!” I give out a roar and smoke began to flow out my nostrils.

How can he just sit there and say stuff like that about Zartiyil? His own niece! The Dragon Princess! If he does not stop spreading this lie I will tear his heart out! Zartiyil is not dead!

“Oh really, Young Zralor? The King is telling lies now?” One of the council members spoke up and jumped from his spot among the council and glided down to my side. “If the Princess is alive, where is she?”

“I…I…do not know.” I muttered out as the smoke stopped and my wings folded in more. I hated this guy. His body was the color of blood so was his eyes. They say his heart matches darkness. He was a head council member named Quylix, one of the ones who protested Zarti being named Princess from the very start.

“You don’t know? Now, now young one. Wasn’t it you who was the Princess’s ride into battle” His face twisted into an evil smirk. “I am sure it was. So should you really be telling such rude words to our king, your Uncle, when it was your foolishness that lost the Princess? I bet you knew that she had died in battle but just wanted to turn others against your Uncle so you can take the throne!”

“For all we know…MAYBE YOU KILLED THE PRINCESS!” Quylix raised a talon at me accusingly as all the dragons gave roars of anger.

“SILENCE!” My Uncle voice raised above the rest as his anger emerged. “I will have no such talk while I am King! Quylix return to your seat!”

“But your Majesty-” Quylix began only to have Zantor cut him off with a toss of his head. Quylix bowed grudgingly and breathed out a few sparks in anger. Quylix returned to his seat as all attention was cast back on the King.

“I am sure all of you have mixed emotions about the loss of our Princess. But now is not the time to be pointing talons at each other. What happened in the battle todays shows us the horrors it can cause. We should all take time to mourn the loss of our Princess. I know I will, for she was my own niece and I will mourn her death for the rest of my existence. When the time is right we should begin planning a new attack against this certain human fortress to avenge the loss of our Princess.” The people gave our mutters of agreement and nodded their heads.

“If you don’t mind your Majesty, but I must say I do not agree with your idea.” All attention was cast back on Quylix as he addresses from his spot in the council.

“I do mind Quylix. Why do you not agree with the plan? It has been our way for centuries! When one of us falls we take revenge and re attack them.” Zantor started to get riled up again but his mate soothed him by patting his side with her wing.

“But we are not thinking this through! Zartiyil was our Princess, yes. But she was born a human! Are we to send our own back out to get killed for a human? I say that we spend our efforts elsewhere! Not risking our lives again for the silly revenge of a human!” Quylix spoke out loud to the people. Some of the council member’s face changed into understanding looks.

“Zartiyil was no human! She was a Princess with the heart of a dragon!” I rose up to defend my sister.

“She was Princess! She is not anymore…she has joined the Great Zal’s realm and never to return. We should instead put our efforts elsewhere.” Quylix finished and took a seat back down satisfied when everyone began whispering back and forth.

“If you propose that Quylix, where should we put our efforts then?” Uncle Zan spoke up and gave the council a doubting look. I bet they don’t even have an idea of what else they should do. But then Quylix gave this smile on his face that sent shivers down my spine.

“We destroy all humans and take their land as our own without a second thought, of course.”

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

42.9K 1.7K 77
Mabyn was born with dwarfism into an already-harsh life. When she is hospitalized and drops into a coma, her mind imagines a better life for her, whi...
tears of blade Por 💕

Novela Juvenil

164 31 14
She was never made to be a fighter, She was made to be a lover. until she's forced to run and never look back, she has to leave her brothers behind...
119K 1.6K 33
People haven't learnt. Vampires are sick, they are twisted. They are masterful too, humans are inferior. Carter, she learns this the hard way. Fallin...
12.4K 601 41
After her father and brother were killed in the failed rebellion, Cecily never imagined that things could get worse. But one night, soldiers storm he...