Jewels ✔️

By Maymunatu_Bukar

{Completed} Jawahir Malik Zayyad, the last thing she expected to happen to her is getting married. Especiall... More

Author's note
Cast♥️♥️
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
EPILOGUE
Final Author's Note
Suprise!
Rayuwar Maimoon
Support your girl🥺
Bonus chapter
🎀Read please🎀
Ramadan Kareem✨🌙

Chapter 23

13.5K 1.7K 129
By Maymunatu_Bukar

Assalamu alaikum,

I'm so sorry I didn't update in a while.
I lost a cousin of mine last Friday, she was in an accident, please include her in your duahs.

JAWAHIR

The next day I woke up with a cramped neck and back, because me being me slept against the door. I waltzed to the ensuite rubbing my neck to ease the pain. I made a bubble bath to ease my aching muscles. I sighed out loud after I placed myself in the tub.

I walked to the shower stall thirty minutes later to clean myself up. Wrapping my body in a towel I proceeded to the closet. I picked a random long sleeved shirt with a floral maxi skirt. I walked downstairs after getting ready.

I decided to make breakfast first before waking them up.

"Good morning Ma'am." One of the staffs, I think her name is Na'ima, greeted me.

"Morning." I replied back, continuing my journey to the kitchen.

I decided to make a Nigerian breakfast dish. Kosai da Koko. I used my food processor to grind the soaked beans with vegetables. Using a kettle to boil the water for the koko so that it'll be easier and faster. I brought out the kamu Aunty Amina sent me, from the freezer. After pouring the now ready koko in the flask to keep it warm. I started frying the kosai.

Fifty minutes later and I was through. I set the table and went downstairs to wake them up. Affan, Nai'a and Amal have already taken their baths when I met them.

"Good morning." They said cheerfully.

"Good morning babies." They scrunched their faces at the name, especially Affan. "Did you sleep well?" I inquired ignoring their facial expressions.

"Naam. They beds are so comfy." Amal said and the rest nodded their heads in agreement. I helped Amal tie her hair before leaving their room.

I am contemplating about going to Aayan's room. I know he's awake. Should I go and tell him the food is ready or just let him come down by himself? I decided to go with the latter.

"Ya Jaw what are we having for breakfast?" We were all sited at the table, except Aayan.

"Koko da kosai." Affan answered instead.

"What's kosai?" Amal asked furrowing her brows in confusion.

"You don't know?" Nai'a shot her a look that screamed 'what the hell?'

How do I even explain it to her? I don't blame her though, she wasn't born here anyway. "It's uhm- a bean cake. It's made of grounded beans with vegetables. And you take it with yaji ; soft grounded chili." I explained to her. "But you do know koko right?"

She nodded her head understandingly. "Oh yes I know koko. Baba loves it so Ammiey usually prepares it for us."

I bobbed my head. I served them and we proceeded to eat. Aayan walked in a few minutes later. He's dressed in a casual t-shirt with sweatpants. His hair a bit wet and messy, he's just coming from the shower I guess. Why does he have to be so gorgeous?

"Sabahul khayr." He said taking his usual sit at the head of the table. We murmured our 'good mornings' back.

"Ohh kosai." He exclaimed rubbing his palms.

"Ya Aayan, you know it?" Nai'a asked.

"Of course I do, in fact it's one of my favorites." Noted.

"Well Amal doesn't." Affan added making Amal to slightly glare at him.

Hearing this, Aayan chuckled. His velvety voice so deep and rich. What is wrong with me?

"I don't blame her." Aayan's voice brought me out of my ungodly thoughts. Gurl he's your hubby, it's tots halal.

Deciding to ignore the inner me, I continued eating. Everything was going smoothly—It felt like we are a small family of five having breakfast— until Nai'a decided to open her big mouth.

"Ya Jawahir I heard you screaming last night. Nightmares again?"

"Again!" Aayan echoed, his hand stopping mid air as he was about to take a sip from his cup. "What do you mean again Nai'a?" He asked for further clarification.

I was shooting daggers at Nai'a but the stupid girl opened her mouth anyway. "Ya Jawjaw gets nightmares almost all the time. Mammie or sometimes Mama usually calm her down. It stopped a while back, but I guess it's back." She ranted off. "It tends to do that a lot." She added.

"Just eat your food, Nai'a." I hissed through clenched teeth. She shrugged and continued eating. I can feel Aayan's hot stares on me, penetrating my skin, but I refused to look up. I stared intently at my plate.

I sighed in relief when he didn't say anything further but I know he'll definitely ask questions. Not that he hasn't already.

The rest of the breakfast went by smoothly. Of course not for me, I couldn't eat anything I just kept playing with my food. After we were through, I told the kids to go watch a movie while I clean up. I packed the used dishes and took them to the kitchen, putting them into the dishwasher.

"Did you really think I wouldn't say anything." A voice startled me. I quickly turned around to see Aayan leaning against the door with his arms crossed, his biceps bulging even more.

I gulped. He walked further into the kitchen and stood all high on mighty in front of me. His 6'4 self towering over my 5'4 self. Him looking down at me made me feel small and weak. Something I vowed not to let myself feel ever again.

So I squared my shoulder and looked up at him, straight into the eyes. "What do you want?"

"Answers." He shot back.

"About what?" I said turning around to wipe the counter, just to keep myself busy.

"Don't play smart with me." He warned. I turned around to give him a piece of my mind but Laura's entrance stopped me.

"Good morning Laura." I said instead, replying to her greetings.

"Uhm sir, I'll like to speak with you." She requested. I turned around, grateful for the interruption.

"You too Mrs." She added.

I turned around, wondering what this is about. Aayan had the same expression on his face too. We moved to the living room to hear what she has to say.

Laura seemed nervous, she kept fidgeting and rubbing her palms on her skirt. "What is it, Laura?" Aayan urged.

"Well I'll be leaving for England tomorrow." She announce, her head down.

But she just came back a few days ago. "Okay." Aayan said slowly. "When are you coming back?"

"That's the thing. I'm not coming back."

"What? But why Laura? Is there something bothering you? Anything you don't like?" I asked her confused.

"No Ma'am. You see—uhm.. my mother's health is deteriorating and I want, need to be with her. I hope you understand. It has nothing to do with you, I promise."

Ya ilahi. I stood up and sat down beside Laura. "I'm so sorry." I consoled, taking one of her hand in mine. "I wish her quick recovery."

"Thank you." She said, squeezing my hand.

"I'll arrange for your departure." Aayan said. "And we'll talk about the hospital fees. I want her to get the best treatment."

"No you don't have to sir. You really don't. What you've done for us is more than enough." Laura protested.

"It's the least I can do." He smiled a bit. Laura's mom was there chef back at London. From what Kausar told me, she's considered as family. Aayan left the room saying he'll make the calls right away.

"I'm gonna miss you Laura." I told her.

"Me too Jawahir." I smiled when she finally addressed me by my first name. "Promise you'll keep in touch." I said holding my hands out.

"I promise."

After I went to search for the kids. I found them at the cinema watching Finding Dory. I joined them and that's how we whiled away watching animated movies, with praying in between.

***************

"Ya Jaw what's for dinner?" Affan asked me.

To be honest I'm feeling lazy right now. I don't feel like cooking. "Why don't you go and tell Aayan to order pizza for us." I suggested.

"Yeah, that'll do." He and the girls left the room to go inform him. "I'll have chicken suya." I called out.

I picked up the bowls we ate popcorn from and rearranged the theater. I switched off the lights and headed towards the kitchen.

"So you're telling me you don't know why she's having them?" I heard Aayan asking someone.

I stood by the door to listen to what the other person has to say. "No I don't. All I know is that she usually wakes up screaming 'help! Or sometimes 'please I'm sorry.'" Nai'a replied.

I get what this is about. Because I didn't say anything, he's trying to get answers from my sister. How could he? It's my story to tell. Doesn't he take no as an answer. I have so many questions I want to ask him but you don't see me going around asking his siblings. Yeah I haven't forgotten about the picture of the lady I saw.

"You really shouldn't be asking my sister for answers Aayan." They both looked up, startled. But Aayan regained his composure few seconds later. I shot Nai'a a glare and she hurriedly walked out.

"How could you? Prying answers from my sister?" I shot at him.

"Well you weren't." He shot back at me, rising to his feet.

"It's my story to tell." I sneered.

"Exactly waka a bakin me shi yafi dadi ."

I recoiled back in shock. "Did you just say a Hausa quote?"

"That's beside the point Jawahir."

"Oh my Allah. So daman ka iya Hausa? Why don't you speak it then?" I have never heard him using the language, him and Maheera. Kausar and Amal are hell bent on learning—and they are progressing— Kulthum is fluent, Ammiey knows bits and pieces.

"I do okay. Not that much but I do. And I'm not use to it I guess, that's why." He replied, putting his hands in his pockets. He marched towards me, making me take a step back.

"W-What are you doing?" I said nervously when he didn't stop. He kept coming towards me till my back hit the wall.

He trapped me by placing both of his hands in either sides of my head. "I'll get my answers Jawahir, mark my words." His voice deep and husky. His minty breath fanning my face.

"W-what?" I said stupidly. SMH. Don't blame me, even you will lose all your senses if you were in position right now. I'm entirely surrounded by his musky scent. It's my favorite now, sandalwood and a classy mix of spicy, sweet and floral aromas, the scent is so soft and gentle.

"Answers Jaw, al ajwiba." Aayan said looking down at my lips. I darted my tongue out to lick them—because they've suddenly went dry— and his eyes followed the movement. He gulped his Adam apple moving up and down. Lord!

He kept lowering his head. His lip was a breath away from mine when the doorbell rang. I jumped in fright. He chuckled at me. "This isn't over." He said and placed a warm kiss on my forehead before going to answer the door making me fuzzy. It must be the pizza.

Ya Ilahi! What was that?

He left me with a drumming heart and warm beetroot cheeks.

Hello lovelies 💞💞

Is it only me but did the last part get a bit hawwt🔥🔥 *dramatically fan myself with my hands*

How was the chapter tho?

What do you think is going to happen next?

Leave your predictions in the comment section.

Please 🙏🏼

VOTE
COMMENT &
SHARE

Yours truly
Memzyb ✨🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 31.5K 119
"Jibreel..." Her voice whispered in abandon, his name. His heartbeat faltered. "My Rabb have surely created you just for me... Everything you do... E...
92.9K 8.9K 40
What happens when you accidentally married A person whom you hate... Will hate turns to love. ❤😘
404K 10.1K 20
"Just say you love me, and I'll be more than willing to be your Sinner." _____ Ferish Asiah's unforeseen existence in Octavia's seemingly-peaceful li...
99.3K 2.5K 21
It's amazing how one summer can change someone's life. When your best friend's brother is forced to go on your end-of-the-year camping trip, you soon...