In Too Deep (Urban) Book 4 |...

Por omgchele

Follow the trials and tribulations of the up and coming generation of the new girls on the block. Meet Victor... Mais

In Too Deep (Urban) Book 4
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (Part 1)
Chapter 21 (Part 2)
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28?
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Team Name!!
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36?
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Book 5
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 -The End

Chapter 32

40.6K 1.1K 413
Por omgchele

Victoria

I stuffed my hands into the pockets of my jogging pants as I walked into the kitchen. It was August 28 and Teddy's birthday was on the first which was the Monday before we went back to school, so I kenw I was gonna have to do something early to celebrate.

It's been two weeks since I got the tattoo and I love it. I feel like I'm so much better connected with Theodore since we got it but the only problem is that I have to hide it around my parents. I've been lucky with keeping my hands away from them but I think Mama might be getting suspicious. I don't think Daddy is but Mama randomly grabbed my hand the other day but luckily I had makeup covering it up.

"Daddy I need your help," I said as I slid into the chair at the table that was across from him.

He looked up from the money he was counting. "What's going on?"

"If your 18th birthday was coming up, what wold you want to do?" I asked.

I don't know why but I was having so much trouble coming up with something to do for Teddy's birthday. Usually we'd just throw a party or something but since it's his eightteenth, he's got to go big and even bigger than his seventeenth birthday party.

"Shit," Daddy chuckled. "I'd take a couple of my friends and go on up to the strip club. This ain't for you is it?"

I shook my head. "No, of course not. So, that's the kind of stuff guys do? Like isn't that boring?"

He laughed. "No. Just listen to me and do it. It's for Theodore, isn't it?"

"Yeah, so he'd like that?" I asked, again.

"Yeah. Tell him to go on up to my club, but don't bring your ass up there," he said, sternly. "I bet not see you nowhere near the club."

"Trust me I don't want to go to a strip club. Is this Saturday night a good?"

"Yeah, any night is fine but Saturday is perfect," He replied.

"And his friends. There's three of them. One of them is already 18 but the other two are still 17, how can they get in?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I can get something arranged," He said.

"Alright, thank you Daddy and you know my birthday is coming up too."

He shook his head. "I already know it is but we still gotta get through Theodore's, E.J's and Sincere's before yours even comes."

I rolled my eyes. "I know. I just didn't want you to forget."

He laughed as he looked up from his money. "I know you won't let me forget," he said as he pulled a fifty out of the stack of money. "Take that and go get something from the mall."

"I'll be lucky if I can get a pair of shoes with this."

"Man, y'all some ungrateful ass kids. I remember when I was broke we had to get an outfit off 10 dollars."

I rolled my eyes. "No you didn't," I replied. "Grandma said she made sure you had clothes. You were an only child Daddy, so it's not like you had to share."

He smacked his lips. "Whatever but fifty dollars can go a long way."

"If I want to buy something cheap."

"Maybe you should think about doing that sometime," he replied. "Damn. Me and your Mama are trying to save up."

I scrunched up my face. "Save up for what? Don't we have enough money?"

"Yeah, but we want to move."

"What? Why?" I asked, worried. I was in no position to be trying to move when I just started at Compton High! I didn't want to go to another school my Senior year. Things just wouldn't seem right without any of my friends.

He sighed. "Not now, but like next Summer. We're gonna let you and Theodore finish out here, then we're taking E.J and getting the hell out of here," He replied.

"And where would you guys go? And what about our grandparents?"

"We don't know right now, but Sincere really likes Beverly Hills ever since you guys showed her all of those pictures from when you went to visit Theodore's Mom. It ain't that bad, plus they've got a good school system for E.J. And they're coming too. We found this nice ass house on the hill. It's got a huge pool and a couple of guest houses so that's where they'd all live."

"Why do you guys want to leave all of a sudden?" I asked.

"We've been wanting to leave for the longest. We've only been staying for my Mama, Lester and Sincere's Grandma and they all finally decided that they wanted to leave a few months ago. They're just tired of the same shit around here like us. They want to live somewhere new, and safe. And you know Sincere's Grandma is getting up there in age, so there's no telling how much longer she'll be around since she's been so sick lately."

"Oh, well I think it's a good idea. What about the house and the club?"

"I'm sure we can sell the house, or rent it to somebody but the club will still stay open. It's not too far from Beverly Hills, so it won't be a long drive back down here everyday, plus Jason will still be here."

"And what about when I go to college? I thought you guys wanted me to be close," I replied.

Daddy chuckled. "And moving is even better. We'll only be 23 minutes away from you now," He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. "That's terrible. How much do you guys have to save up for?"

Daddy sighed. "We got like half, but it's around three mill," He mumbled.

"What?" I exclaimed. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah, well we can work out a payment plan, damn. We got this and I got other bank accounts I haven't even opened up yet and so does Sincere. We're gonna be good in the end."

I sighed. "I hope so," I said, handing him the fifty dollars back. "I think you guys are gonna need that."

He chuckled. "We got money ma."

"I know but three million is a lot for a house."

"We plan on raising E.J there and it's gonna be a place where all of you guys can come back and chill once you finish college and maybe one day me and Sin will get old and y'all will have to take care of us there before we die off," He laughed but I didn't find that funny.

"Don't say that Daddy. That's not funny."

He shrugged his shoulders. "It's gonna happen one of these days and it's gonna happen when you get all old and shrivled up too. My grand kids are gonna have to take care of your old ass and change your diapers," He laughed.

I chuckled. "Daddy that's not funny. I'm not gonna be wearing a diaper."

"Hey, you never know. You could be wearing a diaper next year."

I laughed as I stood up from the table. "Yeah, I'm leaving now."

I was on my way out of the kitchen when he pulled me back.

"What's that on your finger? That red?" He asked.

"Oh um it's just something I drew on my finger yesterday when I was bored at the Y. It's nothing," I said, rushing out of the kitchen. I jogged upstairs to Theodore's bedroom and just walked inside without knocking. 

"Damn," he said as he looked up from his lap top. "Yo' ass couldnt knock? Shit. You almost caught me jerkin' off."

I scrunched up my face. "I can come back if you need some time."

"Nah, I just finished," He chuckled.

"Did you at least watch your hands?" I frowned.

"Nah. I didn't get to that yet. Why? You scared I'm gonna get something on you?" He asked, laughing.

I shook my head. "No. You just need to wash your hands."

"Whatever. I will later. So, why'd you just bust up in my room like that?" He asked.

"I have the perfect idea for your birthday."

"What?"

"You and the guys can go to a strip club Saturday night. Daddy said he could get Slick Rick and Nasty Nate in since they're still 17. How does that sound?" I asked.

"Dope as hell. You and Hazel comin' wit' us?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I"m good. Daddy won't let me go and I'm sure Hazel's won't either. I just want you and the guys to have some fun, that's all," I replied.

"Aight, so I can go out with the niggas on Saturday, then on Monday on my actual birthday I can do something with you. What are you up for?"

"Anything you want. I wanted to make you breakfast or something. I just want to spend the day with you," I replied. "Just like here at the house. You know we have to go to school the day after your birthday right?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not even thinkin' 'bout that place right now. I only got two classes wit' you this year, so I ain't tryna go back."

"At least we have all of the same lunches and gym should be fun with you," I laughed.

He smirked. "Yeah, I can't wait 'til we play volleyball and I can see that ass of yours bent over."

I laughed. "I'll make sure you stand behind me so you can't."

~~~

The next afternoon, I found myself over Granny's house with Mama. I haven't been over her house in a couple of months, mainly because I hated seeing how bad she had gotten. I know I call her Granny and she's my great grandmother, but I've never really had a relationship with my actual grandmother. I've only talked to her a two or three times when I was a kid, but not since I got older. She doesn't come around us, we don't come around her and Mama doesn't even talk about her, so none of us ever talk about her. We just keep our mouths shut.

Mama smiled as she walked into Granny's bedroom. "Granny, how have you been doing?" 

I sighed and tried my hardest to not look at Granny's frail body. It seemed like every time I came over here she got worse and worse. She had breast cancer a few years ago and got over it but it's like she never bounced back from it. She just kept getting sicker and more frail to the point where they just put her on bed rest.

Granny slightly smiled. "Oh, I've been doin' good baby. How's being a Mother treating you?"

Mama took a deep breath and wrapped her arms around her. "Good. You know, I had to use a few of your tactics on them but everythings good."

"That's great baby. Is that Victoria I see?" She asked, looking past Mama. "I haven't seen her around here in awhile. Come over here baby."

I put a smile on my face, even though it hurt to see her this way. I wrapped my arms around her. "Hey Granny."

"Hey baby," she coughed. "You've gotten so big. I can remember when we used to hold you in our arms."

"And she was the quietest baby ever," Mama laughed as I sat down on the edge of Granny's bed.

Granny coughed before letting out a few laughs. "Oh yeah! She never made any noises. You wouldn't even remember she was there. It wasn't until she was able to get real words out of her mouth that she actually started talking. After that she never stopped."

Mama laughed. "Yeah, she was a handful once she started talking and walking on her own. Remember we'd always have to block off the kitchen here because she'd always stand up in the chairs and try opening up your refrigerator?"

"SHe was exploring," Granny explained, causing me to smile. "So, how's school been goin' baby? Sincere told me 'bout you switching schools," she coughed. "If it weren't for me being this sick, I'd beat your ass but I'm sure Sincere already did, right baby?"

"Yeah, she did," I mumbled. "I apologized to her about it."

"Yeah, you had better apologized to her," Granny coughed. "Your Mama's been through too much shit as it is, especially with your dumb ass Daddy. How's he doing? He going to church like I told him to? You know he's got to relinguish himself of all of those sins he's got."

Mama smiled. "Yeah, we've been going every Sunday now. You know, Paster Myles asked him to join the Men's Choir last week?"

Granny laughed. "His ass can't even sing," Granny mumbled as she reached her hand out, so I could grab it.

I grabbed on to her hand as Mama began speaking again, "Yeah but they said they could see a change in him once he joined the church and completely turned his life over to the Lord. You should see him sitting in the front row every Sunday. Maybe once you get better you can come with us. Everybody at church misses you."

Granny coughed as she tightened her grip on my hand. "I-I don't think I'm ever gonna be able to get up out of this bed," She said as her voice began to crack.

Mama sighed as she turned to me. "Go get her some water baby."

I nodded my head, walked out of her room and down the steps so I could get to the kitchen. I took a deep breath as I walked into her kitchen that hasn't been used in a very long time, except for the nurse that always comes by to assist Granny. I grabbed a glass out of her cabinet and turned the faucet on so I could get her a glass.

I walked back upstairs and was making my way down the hallway to Granny's room when I past Mama's old bedroom. I stuck my head inside of the colorful, yet dusty old bedroom that hadn't had any visitors in years. I closed the door and walked down the hall to Granny's room. When I slid into Granny's room, I found Mama hovered over a red Granny.

"Mama, what's going on?" I asked as I walked over to the bed. "Is she okay?"

Granny continued coughing as Mama held on to her hand. "I-I'm fine baby, just come sit here with me. Put that water on my nightstand," She forced out through her coughing.

Mama sighed. "Granny you need some water so you can catch your breath."

Granny squeezed both of our hands. "I just want y'all to sit with me, please," She whispered.

I sighed and sat down next to her while Mama did the same thing on the other side of her. "It's gonna be alright Granny. Did you take your medicine today?" Mama asked, but Granny shook her head.

"No baby not today."

"Why?" I asked. "Aren't you in pain?"

"I'm in pain everyday. I'm just tired of hurting."

"Don't say that," Mama begged.

"It's the truth. I've been meaning to tell you this for the longest Sincere, baby, but I just haven't found the right time to say it."

"What's going on?" Mama asked.

"That ole doctor that came here about a month ago said I had like a month left," Granny said, nonchalently.

I looked over at Mama as tears began to well up in my eyes. "L-Like a month left to live?" I asked.

"Yeah baby."

"Why did you say anything sooner?" Mama exclaimed. "I mean, I would have been over here more and helping you out more if I kenw that."

Granny sighed. "I just didn't want you guys worrying about me."

"We're always going to worry about you," I replied.

"I know, but it's best if you guys didn't know. I know how everybody likes to act all crazy when I say stuff like that but when it's my time to go, the good Lord will come get me. And I think today is that day."

I tried wiping my tears up but it was no use. Tears flowed out of my eyes like buckets of water as I listened to her talk about dying like it was no big deal. "Granny please don't say that. You're scaring me."

Mama sighed. "Victoria leave out of here."

"No, no. I want to tell you two a few things before I go," Granny said as her breathing slowed down some. "I left my will on the top shelf of the closet Sincere, baby. I left everything to you and the kids. I already signed the house over to you the other day and I left some money for your kids, even that little Theodore boy that's been runnin' 'round with Tori."

"Does Mama know?" Mama cried.

Granny shook her head. "I haven't seen her around here in a few months but I left Quincy some money too, and I left all of my bibles for Effrin to have so he can continue his path towards God. Everything's in my will baby," she whispered. I tried looking away from her but my eyes stayed fixed on her sick body. HEr breathing continuously slowed as she closed her eyes. "I want y'all to get out of Compton. Take Effrin's parents and go to Beverly Hills," She said slowly.

Mama wiped her tears. "What about your house Granny?"

I could tell by the way she was loosened her grip on my hand that she was almost gone. "Granny, I love you," I blurted out because I didn't know how much longer I'd be able to say that to her.

She slightly smiled. "I love you, Sincere, E.J, Deonte and even Effrin," She said barely above a whisper.

Mama smiled as she wiped her tears. "And we all love you too."

"I know, now let's just sit here and be quiet," Granny whispered.

I sighed and laid my head on her shoulder, just listening to her breathing slow. I know Mama didn't want to see her die, and neither did I, but at least she was leaving the world the way she wanted it: peaceful We stayed quiet in the room for the next few minutes, just so we could get lost in our thoughts. The only sound was of Mama's faint cries, but I held myself together.

I hated seeing Granny like this but at least she was going to a better place. A place where she could be happy, free and most importantly healthy. She's gone through so many years of pain, so all I want is for her to be free and finally get a chance to see her late husband again.

"Sincere?"

Mama looked over at Granny. "Yes?"

"Make up with your Mother."

Almost instantly Granny took her last breath, finally releasing her grip of me and Mama's hands. I just laid up against her still, silently crying but Mama stood over her trying to get her to wake up but there was no use. I love Granny with all of my heart, but she's going to a better place. 

And that's all I've ever wanted for her.

~~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share.

200+ Comments.

I know it's short. How was it? Were you guys expecting her to die? Will Sincere make up with her Mom? How will Teddy's birthday go? How do you think Victoria and Sincere will react to Granny dying? How will Sincere's Mom react?

THe tattoo's Victoria and Teddy got are on the side. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

The estranged family Por <3

Ficção Adolescente

600K 16.6K 96
Skylar, a 15 year old girl who lives with her mother and step father. She gets horrible news about her mother's health and is now living with her ste...
141K 4.4K 39
Malaysia Carter is a 17 year old living in the ghetto. New Orleans. She's struggling to make ends meet. All she has for herself is cheering. Her fost...
3.5K 63 30
(WARNING. THERE ARE A LOT OF SPELLING AND GRAMMAR ERRORS IN THIS BOOK!!!) Lexie Kutcher. A 17 year old depressed girl that just moved to Los Angeles...
1.7M 33.4K 29
Follow the trials and tribulations of the infamous couple of Sincere and Effrin, who had their troubling times in the kingdom of Compton, California...