Arden: The Gift Of Delirium

By creatistx

ARDEN SERIES : BOOK 2 & 3 Paranormal Romance Arden. The daughter of Athena. I have heard so much about you an... More

Prologue
Arden Series
Intro and Cast
Playlist
1. Here We Are
2. His
3. Thinking About...
4. Blonde with Blue Eyes
5. Transforming
6. Best Unsaid
7. Look Who It Is
8. We Meet Again
9. Surprise, Surprise
10. Confrontation
11. Devious Divination
12. Just You and I
13. Unpredictable Upbringing
14. Ebbing
15. Rallying
16. Hellenic Republic
17. Are We Ready for Change?
18. Get What's Coming
19. You'll All Get Yours
20. Meet Your Match
21. Delusion or Illusion?
22. Madness Rewind
23. Father to Son
24. Fatal
Author's Note
25. So It Begins
26. Taking It Back
27. Headache
28. Double Date?
29. Phlegethon
30. On Our Way
31. So It Continues
32. She's Cryptic
33. Trouble
34. Chaotic Case
35. Don't Worry About It
37. Scandalizing
38. First Impressions
39. She Moves Like Magic
40. The Omega
41. The Time Has Come
42. Show Yourself
43. A Rebirth
44. I'll Be There For You
45. Zeus and Hera Part 1
46. Day At The Beach
47. My Love(s)
48. Reappearing Reprobate
49. Crossing Swords
50. Consigned To Oblivion
51. Retain What's Already Gone
52. Zeus and Hera Part 2
53. Family Relations
54. The Sun and Moon
55. Now You See
56. Hadrian's Library
57. Frenzy
58. Ablaze
59. Reminiscing the Rigorous
60. Backstory
61. Lost And Found
62. Up In Flames
63. Reunited
64. You Don't Say
65. Hoodwinked
66. Take It Back
67. Our Next Move
68. Inspire
69. Through Ace's Eyes
70. Envision
71. Odium
72. Assignments
73. Returning To Hell
74. You're Not Who You Say You Are
75. The Very Dark Queen
76. Harper Can Help
77. Corrupted With Fear
78. Zeus and Hera Part 3
79. The Beginning of The End
80. Remind
81. The Quill
82. Reprisal?
83. Heat of The High Point
84. Figment
85. Force
86. Unhinged
87. Soaring, Flying
88. Backfire
89. Night Fall and the Crack of Dawn
90. Unaware
Author's Note

36. Welcome Back

149 7 8
By creatistx

"I don't know about you guys but I'm thinking about making this place my second home." -Ace

***

Arden

"It's not funny." I groaned.

"It's a little funny." Perri replied to me with a smile. Okay, so everyone will not stop talking about how I opposedly saw Johanna yesterday. Of course they didn't believe me but, now they were pushing it.

We were all sitting down and having dinner when the whole dog-car-dress fiasco happened. I saw three things actually- the young boy who lost his ball, after the accident, he stood at a distance away from everything, just staring at the scene. Staring. His demeanor was impassive but I caught the ever so tiny smirk on his face just watching everything as it happened. Involuntarily, my capabilities were able to hint the driver of that black Range Rover had a small injury at the back of his neck. A puncture. From what, i'm not sure.

The last thing I saw, about ten feet behind the boy was Johanna. She was also gazing at the accident with a slight amused face- I think. The distance made it hard to tell. She had on a white shirt with dark jeans- I think. However, her hair was out and her glasses were missing-

That's why i'm pretty sure it wasn't even her. How could it be her? That shit doesn't even make sense! Johanna is back in America living her stupid normal life- what the hell is going on with me?

I think maybe because i've been thinking about Zane a little too much more than I wanted to these past few days- his fault by the way. He kept talking to me about Hayden and I, and the little sense of jealousy actually made my heart flutter and not to mention the stupid fire that won't fucking die-

Relax, Arden. Relax.

Anyway, after I stood there, staring at- who may or may not be- Johanna for a while, I could've sworn that she locked gazes with me. She seemed almost shocked and surprised that I was even looking at her. After a while, I swear she smiled- or smirked- at me. I remember it left an unsettling feeling in my stomach. It made me shift and squirm. She turned around and made her way down the stoned path, walking away from the whole scene.

I tried to tell myself over and over again that it wasn't her. But it took me off-guard. My friends obviously noticed and now that they know what has me so shaken, they keep teasing me about it.

"Arden, you're probably just overthinking about your situation with Zane." Nikki told me. Today, we were at the Temple of Hephaestus- another incredible breathtaking piece of architecture in this wonderful city. I freaking love Athens, there was always a part of me that felt super energized and powerful whenever I was here. I loved it!

By my side was Nikki and on the other was Perri. We were walking through the temple together, looking at the interior.

"I told you guys it was stupid, just forget about it." I mumbled.

"Alright, alright," Nikki sighed. "We'll forget about it. Just so you know, knowing my best friend, this probably brought his ego through the roof." I figured.

Anyway, going through the city and exploring different things, we've learned a lot about how the ancients lived and a few more interesting things about who our parents really are.

I looked back, through the pillars of the temple, people coming in and out. I got a glimpse of Armani and Ace sitting on the field next to the structure. I chuckled deep into my chest as I watched them- their back facing towards me- playing around.

"I've never seen a couple like them before." Perri muttered following my gaze. "It's insane how quickly they make up."

I nodded, agreeing with him. "They're opposites but that's what makes them work."

I moved my gaze to Hayden and Zane by the far end of the temple. They were having what looked like a casual conversation. From a distance, you could almost say they were twins, but I spotted the obvious differences. I grew curious to what they were talking about.

"Where were they yesterday, anyway?" Perri asked, with a smile. I turned to see that he was still talking about Ace and Mani.

Nikki ran her hands along the stone walls, being careful. I saw that her eyes were glowing a bright yellow. "They spent the whole night...making up...if you know what I mean."

I tilted my head. Did she mean what I think she meant. Did Mani...no. She would've told me, right?

"Nice." Perri mumbled, smirking and moving on.

"You guys, this is incredible." Nikki was smiling at the same wall she was touching. I was confused to why, though. "This structure has been through a lot. I can feel its strength. It's incredible." Nikki gestured us over. "It's like I feel connected to the whole thing."

I looked up at the high ceiling and pursed my lips. It was strong indeed, but would it last for the next millennium? Who knows?

"Whoa." Nikki gasped. Her eyes were still glowing and she stared at the wall in utter fascination. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Guys, come and look at this."

Perri and I walked around to where she was at and I bit my lips at what I saw. "Nikki, dear," Perri started as he looked down. "What exactly are we supposed to be looking at?"

She shook her head. "You don't see it? How can you not see it?" It was our turn to shake our heads. "Tty shifting your eyes." She told us.

I sighed and obliged. I shifted my eyes and felt them glow and I knew they were now blue. I looked at the wall again and I finally saw what she was talking about.

"Wow." I mumbled. There was special carvings and symbols laced together on the stone. It looked completely unknown and foreign to my eyes. The symbols were really unique and exaggerated, I wonder what they meant.

I stared at wall and reached my hand out, having the urge to touch them.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

I heard a clock. A damn clock. I looked around alarmed, my eyes no longer shifted and my jaw dropped. Are you serious right now!

My breathing started to pick up, and I became a little nervous. Maybe I should be used to it by now, my friends and I have had plenty of visions and illusions to share. But, no. Everytime I heard the clock, saw the time freeze, heard the ding of a timer going off- my heart began jumping, so hard and fast, I thought it might burst.

"What.." Nikki whispered faintly. "Not here."

"Not again." Perri continued lowly as we looked around.

My eyebrows creased in worry as I saw the symbols on the stone wall began glowing a dark gray around it and it seemed like the markings were going to pop out of the stone.

The ticking of the invisible clock became louder and louder. The sound was getting hard to hear, and I clamped my hands over my ears and shut my eyes. It was too loud. Too loud.

I opened them finally when the ticking went down. I opened them and saw we were back in a familiar place. It was the same maze-like setting with the thick, tall, gray walls.

I fought the urge to groan but didn't because of the incoming migraine. Around me, was Perri and Nikki. They both looked suspicious and frustrated, like me.

In the distance was the rest of the group. Zane, Hayden, Ali, Armani, and Ace. They looked shocked. I knew having this vision was unexpected. It was.

"Are you shitting me right now!" Ali yelled from a couple feet away. He was loud and his voice echoed against the walls.

"Not again." I heard Ace. I looked over to see him running a hand down his face. "I don't know about you guys but I'm thinking about making this place my second home." He stated sarcastically.

"Funny." The voice was back. The same, haunting, irritating, feminine and wicked voice. "Very funny, Ace." She spoke with amusement. "But instead of joking around, does this mean anything to you?"

*****
Yay, she has returned. Whoever she is. Ace is gonna have a pretty interesting role for the rest of this book.

Next chapter, we revisit a very important part in the last book- your unanswered wondering will be confirmed.

Also, a super interesting scene for Hayden and Arden. Harden shippers?

Btw, the next two weeks are going to be very busy for me, so if I don't update, just know I won't have much time to write.

Until next time,

-brittany.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 228 43
Greek mythology...Werewolves...Demons? I got you Four hundred years ago, a woman thought she had no other choice but to make a deal with the Devil, o...
211 69 82
10 years into the future four sisters discover they have unusual super powers. While reading the journals of their recently deceased mother she super...
154 7 11
Eve Mallory doesn't know who she is. With mysterious scars on her back and tattoos along her arms, she is at a loss of what has happened in her past...
1.3K 29 15
*COMPLETED-25K+ WORDS* Bella Cooper is defiant and strong, even when her modernized finishing school for girls tries to rip her opinionated personali...