Mr Kingston's Roommate | ꪜ

By XFiction_GoddessX

Highest ranking: #1 in Short Story *Rewriting and Editing on hold* It was a race to leave behind her toxic pa... More

Mr Kingston's Roommate | Extended Synopsis, Copyright
Mr Kingston's Roommate|Cast
Mr Kingston's Roommate | Prologue
Mr Kingston's Roommate|01
Mr kingston's Roommate|02
Mr Kingston's Roommate|03
Mr Kingston's Roommate|04
Mr Kingston's Roommate|05
Mr Kingston's Roommate|06
Mr Kingston's Roommate|07
Mr Kingston's Roommate|08
Mr Kingston's Roommate|09
Mr Kingston's Roommate|10
Mr Kingston's Roommate|11
Mr Kingston's Roommate|12
Mr Kingston's Roommate|13
Mr Kingston's Roommate|14
Mr Kingston's Roommate|16
Mr Kingston's Roommate|17
Mr Kingston's Roommate|18
Mr Kingston's Roommate|19
Mr Kingston's Roommate|20
Mr Kingston's Roommate|21
Mr Kingston's Roommate|22
Mr Kingston's Roommate|23
Mr Kingston's Roommate|24
Mr Kingston's Roommate|25
Mr Kingston's Roommate|26
Mr Kingston's Roommate|27
Mr Kingston's Roommate|28
Mr Kingston's Roommate|29
Mr Kingston's Roommate|30
Mr Kingston's Roommate|31
Mr Kingston's Roommate|32
Mr Kingston's Roommate|33
Mr Kingston's Roommate|34
Mr Kingston's Roommate|35
Mr Kingston's Roommate|36
Mr Kingston's Roommate|37
Mr Kingston's Roommate|38
Mr Kingston's Roommate|39
Mr Kingston's Roommate|40
Mr Kingston's Roommate|41
Mr Kingston's Roommate|42
Mr Kingston's Roommate|43
Mr Kingston's Roommate|44
Mr Kingston's Roommate|45
Mr Kingston's Roommate|46
Mr Kingston's Roommate|47
Mr Kingston's Roommate|48
Mr Kingston's Roommate|49
Mr Kingston's Roommate|50
Mr Kingston's Roommate|51
Mr Kingston's Roommate|52
Mr Kingston's Roommate|53
Mr Kingston's Roommate|54
Mr Kingston's Roommate|55
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

Mr Kingston's Roommate|15

21.4K 605 158
By XFiction_GoddessX

Leila's POV
The party

"Blake you a-hole!" I screeched as I came tumbling out of the washroom. He pivoted on his heels to face me and frowned deeply as he eyed me in annoyance, "what did I do now?" He inquired nonchalantly.

For a second I was lost, forgetting momentarily what it was I had to tell him. He was dressed in a black and white plaid shirt, a blue jacket thrown over it with a pair of beige jeans and his white sneakers. He stared at me for a few seconds, his brows perking upwards as if asking me 'what?'

I snapped out of my reverie and motioned towards the empty bottle of vanilla shampoo in my hand and waved at it frantically, "you used up all my shampoo, the same shampoo I've told you on many occasions to not use! Now my hair is greasy and yucky and I have nothing to wash it out because to you my shampoo is the only source on the earth!"

"Yeah, you should know I don't listen. Plus it smells really nice you can't blame me. Stop complaining, brat," he exclaimed as he began to saunter towards the door. I scoffed in disbelief and made my way into the kitchen to grab anything I could get my hands on.

I grabbed a plate off the counter and rushed back into the room just in time. He was already slipping out of the door, and at the sound of my footsteps he flickered his eyes towards me, and they widened in shock at the plate in my hand.

I rose it above my head and sent it flying towards him. Luckily he slipped out of the door just in time and slammed it shut which caused the ceramic plate to shatter against the door, its sharp pieces flying in every corner of the room.

After what seemed like minutes, the door handle twisted slowly and Blake's head appeared in the crack of the door. His eyes flickered down towards the shattered plate and he gasped as he snapped his head towards me.

"Leila, my grandma gave me that plate just before she died. It belonged to my great-great-grandmother who passed it down for generations, and she only had a grandson, so she gave it to me. It seems dumb but it's a family tradition, I was supposed to give this to my grandkid!"

"Blake I-"

"I-I was gonna buy you more shampoo, believe me. I'm sorry I used all but- Leila. . ." He drawled out, his lips falling into a frown. I rushed towards the door and fell onto my knees, making sure that there weren't any shards of glass beside me.

"I'm sorry Blake, I–I'm so sorry, I'll do anything to repay this. I'll even give you money, yeah I've five dollars!" I exclaimed frantically. I know that was ridiculous to say but I panicked. Come on, I broke a family heirloom.

"No, you can't replace this-" he sighed, then he leaned against the wall and peered up at the ceiling for a few seconds before his eyes widened, "-unless you do something for me in return." He said slowly, his eyes flickering back down at me.

"What is it?"

"Would you so kindly correct the last of my assignments for me? It's not much, I'm not putting you to hard labour and I promise I'll get your shampoo back but it's the least you could do." He mumbled, his lips falling into a pout. I sighed deeply and nodded my head vigorously as I began to pick up the pieces of ceramic.

"Okay, fine!"

"Thank you, this will not go unnoticed miss Hart." He said as he motioned towards the couch stacked with piles of files. I groaned deeply and turned back towards the door, only to see him already gone. 

Did I just get played? 

•••

"Please, please, please. You've been distant from us lately and we just wanna go to the frat house party. Why don't you just join a sorority while you're at it?" Sam exclaimed, her hands digging into my shoulder blades.

I brushed her hand off and turned my attention back towards the file in my hand, "ah ah ah, I don't think you should be going to parties with those grades missy." I tutted at Sam whose eyes flickered towards the paper in my hand. 

She snatched it from my grip and scowled deeply, "just change those x's into ticks, professor Kingston will never know! Oh and on the topic of Mr hot prof, how are things going, you know, sharing a room and all?" She winked suggestively and I ripped the paper back from her hand and proceeded to correct it.

"Nothing is going on," I replied monotonously. She eyed me peculiarly and parted her lips to reply but Midge cut her off as she shoved her out of the way and fell onto the couch beside me, "how are things with your boyfriend?" 

"He still hasn't called me." 

"He's cheating," Sam exclaimed as she lowered herself down beside me. She retrieved a nutrition bar from her bag and before she could eat it Midge smacked it out of her hand harshly, her eyes narrowed in slits, "what is your problem!?" 

"I'm sorry Leila. I'm just saying, no guy goes two weeks without speaking to their girlfriend they supposedly love and be that busy–if that were the excuse."

Maybe she's right. Maybe he is cheating, but Reese? I know we've never gone this long without speaking to one another but would he really? I mean in a sense I can't blame him because I did kiss Peter, not willingly-I really didn't want to do it but I still did. 

Is this my karma? 

"I know what'll make you feel better!" 

I flickered my eyes towards Sam and sighed, Blake is gonna kill me. "Fine, I'll go to the stupid party if you want me too so bad!" She squealed in return, her arms came flying around me in a bear hug and I stared blankly at the wall before me. 

Why doesn't this feel right? 

~~~

"I cannot believe I agreed to this!" I shouted into Sam's ear. I slumped down onto the kitchen stool and took the red solo cup from Sam's grasp. We've been here for thirty minutes so far and to say that I was barely enjoying myself was an understatement.

I needed to get drunk, drown my sorrows down with anything. I groaned deeply as I downed the drink in my cup, not bothering to ask Sam what was in it. I began to sway to the music, deciding that I needed to loosen up a bit if I wanted to enjoy myself.

Unforgettable by Swae Lee and French Montana blasted through the speakers and I spun around on the stool to face the counter littered with bottles of alcohol. I grabbed the one closest to me and brought it to my lips, ignoring Sam's and Midge's shouts of protest. 

Along the way, I caught the attention of some students and suddenly there were loud chants around me, screaming for me to drink. I flickered my eyes shut tightly, wheezing at the burning sensation that trickled down my throat.

"Drink, drink, drink!" The chants continued loudly and I climbed onto the counter, kicking at the red solo cups at my feet and chugging down the entire bottle in my grasp. I knew I was gonna be in deep shit, especially with Blake but I didn't care.

I pulled the empty bottle away from my lips and shot my hand into the air before squealing loudly. The crowd that surrounded the table erupted into cheers and I squealed once again as a pair of strong hands wrapped tightly around my thighs and skillfully flew me over their shoulders.

As the person moved around the room I began to feel slightly dizzy. I could already tell that the alcohol was beginning to kick in and I fell into a giggling state, ignoring the peculiar eyes that followed us around the room.

Then the person suddenly set me onto my feet and I realized that we were in another room, surrounded by even more kids littered around a table, "I see you can handle your liquor. Let's see how good you are at beer pong." The mysterious guy said as he motioned towards the table. 

I took this moment to check him out, realizing firstly that he was way bigger than I. He stood tall, maybe 6'2 or 1. He was muscular, from head to toe. His face was covered in hair, shaved neatly and he had a buzz cut, almost as if he were part of the army.

To say the least, he was rather handsome and I found myself giggling giddily as I turned towards the table and smirked, "come on big boy, let's see what you got." 

I didn't know how long we were playing but I could remember downing multiple cups of whatever was inside. I knew I was being careless but I needed an outlet that wasn't crying. I needed a way to get loose and sadly if alcohol was the way then sign me up.

"Let's dance!" The mysterious guy exclaimed and before I could reply he gripped my hand and tugged me out of the room. We stumbled into what appeared to be the family room and he immediately pulled me into his arms. 

Against my better judgement, I began to dance, giggling loudly as his arms slipped around my waist and we began to move to the beat of the song. The alcohol had kicked in already and for some reason, the room spun as if I were directly inside a machine.

I slipped my hands around the guy's neck to keep me balanced and he smirked in return. Before I could comprehend what was happening, he lowered his lips down onto mine. My eyes widened in shock and even though I could admit to myself that I was drunk I didn't plan on cheating on anyone tonight. 

Before I could shove him off of me, he was suddenly ripped away from me. I stumbled backwards confusedly and peered up when someone tall towered over me. I expected it to be Blake for some odd reason but to my surprise. . .it was definitely not who I expected. 

"Reese?"

He peered down at me for a few seconds before pivoting on his heels and marched away. I ran my hands through my hair frantically, trying to comprehend what the hell just happened. And then a hand suddenly fell onto my shoulder and I flinched away.

"I expected more of you, brat." 

I spun on my heels towards the sound of his voice and immediately my eyes fell onto Blake who stood behind me, his hands shoved down his pockets. There was an unreadable expression on his face but I could tell he was frustrated. 

I didn't get a moment to reply before he grabbed me by the arm and tugged me out of the room. "S-slow down you fool! Ha, fool t-that's funny." I slurred as we stumbled through the front door. He didn't reply for a few seconds until we sauntered onto the road.

What was he even doing here? Doesn't he think it'll be weird for kids to see their professor at a frat party?

"I expected more from you, seriously Leila. Getting drunk, dancing with a complete stranger and then kissing him? And worst of all, your boyfriend saw it, that can break people, Leila. Drunk or not you don't do shit like that." He scolded as he ripped his hand away from mine and tugged it back into his pocket.

We fell into silence and I only now realized that I was crying. I swiped my hand against my cheeks and turned towards him. "I'm sorry Blakey, don't-d-don't be mad. I didn't want to k-kiss him it just h-h-happened!" 

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned to face me. He flashed me a dumbfounded look and scoffed, "me be mad? No, no, Leila your boyfriend is mad. The guy you claim to love, he's mad and you know what, you don't mess with love because it fucks you up!"

I stared up at him in confusion, racking my brain as to why he's taking this so personal. Then it dawned on me, this isn't about Reese and. It's more personal than that, he probably went through something familiar and got angry at me.  

Is that it? Were you hurt Blake? 

But as I stood there, I desperately wanted to clear my name, for him. I don't know why but his opinion of me mattered a lot, I didn't want him to think of me as some cheater who doesn't care about her boyfriend. 

"I h-hate myself right now!" 

And even though, deep down in my heart I knew that this probably ran deeper than anything I could comprehend, and he was lost in his own thoughts, filled with anger and frustration, it still hurt to hear the words that left his lips after even if I believed it wasn't directed at me. 

"You should."

For everyone mad at Blake for what he said at the end, sometimes when people are in the heat of anger and an argument they tend to say things the don't mean, I'm sure we've all done it before, it's human nature, relax.

If you liked this chapter please vote❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

646K 17.3K 53
What's worse than beginning your senior year in a new town? The reason for having to start over. After being relocated from her hometown of 17 years...
56.9K 1K 73
Annie Cook desperately needs to move out of her parents house. Living at home for her undergrad degree is killing her social life and making it hard...
10K 376 51
We all remember that first love. The one who we fell head over heels in love with who also destroyed us. When Emily meets Jay on her first day at the...
9.8K 556 31
Ellie Newcombe, the sensible daughter of a humble hotelier, is forced to acknowledge emotions she's kept buried for years when the man who represents...