Finding Me - Book 4

Erin__Lee által

Emerson Isabella Stratton, 17 years old, bisexual. Emerson struggles with her identity. She is a girl and 9... Több

BACK!!
"Sorry But I Can't."
"Date Night?"
"Happy Birthdy to Me!"
"Savior!"
"Taking a Break."
"Moment."
"Come Clean."
"Decision."
"I'm Sorry."
"Meeting."
"First."
"Admire."
"Million Bucks!"
"Chill."
"Uh No."
"Space."
"No Way!"
"Dream."
"Thankful."
"Fall."
"Together."
"Scared."
"Happy."
"Family."
"Lacrosse!"
"Day Off."
"Future."
"Relax."
"Plans."
"Show."
"Ignored."
"Parents."
"States!"
"True Love!"
"Gone."
"For You."
"Prom!"
"Path."
Epilogue pt.1
Epilogue pt.2
Authors Note
Bonus Chapter 2!
Bonus Chapter 3!
Bonus Chapter 4!
Authors Note

Bonus Chapter 1!

1.5K 51 8
Erin__Lee által

Alright so here's the first bonus chapter. It's the one most of you requested: Jess' Pregnancy from Alex's POV - Snippets from each trimester.

***___***___***_____***___***___***

Trimester 1
With an audible groan I roll over and my arms, that I tried to wrap around Jess, fall against the empty bed. Nor do my feet feel Zeus weight beside them.

"The fuck?" I mumble, rubbing my eye and sitting up.

My entire bedroom is dark apart from the light peaking through the bathroom door.

"Jess?" I pull the covers off my legs, cold air attacking my upper half and from my knees down.

So much for sleeping without a shirt.

"Jessi? You okay?" I tap my knuckles against the door.

Ragged breathing meets my ears before she replies," I need you to stay outside that doo-" and then she throws up.

Disregarding her words I walk in only to see her leaning against the toilet, head resting on her arm, and Zeus perched on her leg.

"Hey, babe, you may not want to but I need you tell me what's wrong," I squat next to her and rub soothing circles on her back.

As if mimicking me, Zeus runs his paw over her leg repeatedly.

She sighs," my head hurts, I keep throwing up, I'm so hungry but I don't want to eat because my stomach is killing me."

Her words come out as a whine.

"Okay, you still fillin nauseous or have you emptied your guts already?"

She groans," I'm fine, a little weak though."

I nod and stand up," we're gonna head back to bed, for now, get you settled and then I'll see what I can do about us seeing the doctor later."

"Nooooooo."

With an arm hooked under her knees and one behind her back I pick her up and take her to bed, Zeus hot on my ankles.

After she's in bed I head into the bathroom, grab a wash cloth, and run it under steaming hot water. After it's warm enough I go place it on her forehead.

Then I set an empty trash can beside the bed just incase.

"Listen you try to get some more sleep, I'm gonna see if I can find you something to eat that'll settle your stomach, and call the doctor." I push a few strands of blonde hair behind her ear, smiling softly.

She nods and I stand to leave out.

"Alex." She mumbles.

Hand on the doorframe I look at her over my shoulder," what is it love?"

"I love you."

"I love you too."

With one last look Jessica's way I head downstairs, pulling up Jess' doctors number on my phone and dialing.

I hope it's not too much of an inconvenience for her. It's 6:54 a.m.

To my surprise she answers," Mrs.Stratton, it's quite early, is everything alright?"

"Not entirely sure, I was wondering how soon we could come see you. Jess isn't feeling too well and I just want to make sure everything is okay."

"Okay could you tell me any of her symptoms what's wrong?" Her tone is light as always though it holds such seriousness.

I lean against the kitchen counter," when I woke up I found her throwing up, she felt warmer than usual but not by much, she had a headache, and despite the nausea she's incredibly hungry."

"Right, well I don't want to chalk this down as a simple fever as I'm not sure, that being said I'll pencil you in to come see me at 11 today, is that doable?"

"It is now, thank you so much doc, we'll see you at 11."

"Alright, take care Mrs.Stratton."

She hangs up and I google soups to combat nausea. I find one that sounds delicious: Greek Lemon Chicken Soup.

I get to work finding the things needed like the chicken, chicken broth, lemon, garlic, etc.

Surprisingly I don't botch it. I can cook but new meals from scratch is something I rarely get the first time.

"Jess, you still awake?" I ask.

A groan is my answer.

"I got you some soup and ginger ale, both are gonna help your stomach."

Slowly she sits up and accepts the tray from me. And right after she's eaten and finished her ginger ale she falls asleep.

Me, well I don't go to sleep afterwards. My mind reels with the thought that she's pregnant.

Seems like symptoms of pregnancy to me: nausea, headache, cramps. But then again those are symptoms of a period which tells us that she's not pregnant.

Maybe Jess has already considered this but she doesn't want to assume anything.

Wild thoughts carry me to 9:45 a.m. when I immediately get up and get ready.

After a shower I pull on black jeans, a grey tee, blue and black flannel, and black vans.

"Jess baby we have an appointment to see Dr. West at 11, I need you to get ready." I say, rubbing her arm.

She groans, nods, and gets up. Shortly after she's clad in black yoga pants and my old senior hoodie.

While I gather Zeus' stuff she rests on the edge of the bed briefly.

I pick up the little black bag of his stuff and then scoop him up," wifey, come on, gotta get you to the doctor."

Standing, she pouts and reaches for my hand. I chuckle and take it as we leave out.

On the way to the hospital I drop Zeus off with Markus.

As per usual we sign in at the doctor's office, wait a while, and then head back. Dr. West does her usual routine and Jess answers as many questions as possible.

I clear my throat," so doctor, I'm no expert, and I don't want to get my hopes up but, could this mean that she's pregnant?"

"It's likely yes," she nods," how likely, seeing as this is your first time doing the in vitro fertilization," her shoulders shrug," I'm not sure, which is why, Mrs. Stratton, I'm going to need a urine sample."

Jess nods and slides off the table, accepts the small plastic cup, and leaves out.

Trimester 2 -

"Jess where are we going?" I ask from the passenger seat of my truck.

My wife smiles brilliantly and doesn't say a word.

This woman! I can't complain because, well she's my woman, my wife. And god I love her.

She's made it to her second trimester, her stomach now bigger due to our baby. Finding out that the test was positive and that she is pregnant was the greatest thing in the world.

I reach over and grab her hand, lacing my fingers with hers and kissing her knuckles.

Her cheeks heat up.

"I love that I still have that affect on you." I muse not taking my eyes off her.

The blush deepens," you make it very hard to concentrate."

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I just, I love you.  I don't think I tell you enough how much you mean to me." My thumb rubs circles over her fingers.

She pulls into a parking lot and parks close to the doors before looking at me," you tell me everyday."

"Like I said, not enough, I'm thinking every hour, yeah, that'll work," I glance at the clock on the radio," you're my everything Jessica, my wife, my best friend, my confidante, my world. There's is nothing I wouldn't do for you, and I'll tell you again at 4:15." I wink.

Leaning across the counsel, she kisses me, hand cupping my cheek," just you wait till we get home."

I smirk," why wait?"

"Because I'm not about to have sex with you in this parking lot, now come on!" She places a fleeting kiss on my lips and gets out.

Following suit, I hold her hand as we walk in the activities center, and straight ahead.

Jess pushes the door open and all my friends and family shout," surprise!"

My eyes travel all around the room, blue and pink balloons and party decorations are all over. Everyone is wearing pink or blue.

"Welcome to your gender reveal party baby." Jess beams.

I grin and pull her to me, kissing her," I would be mad that you found out the gender without me but I'm too happy to care."

Walking further into the party I smile at familiar faces: my parents, Jess' parents, siblings, Drew, Roxy, Kat, Jordan, Abby, Oliver, Megan, Declan, Grady, JJ, and Hailey.

Wait Hailey?

"Uh, you invited Hailey?" I raise a brow at Jess.

Her eyes roll," Alex she was once your best friend."

"Yeah I know the very same one who caused our first break up."

"Alex honey," she grabs both my hands," I'm over it, you should be. We're married, with a baby on the way, some high school drama from the past doesn't concern me, now we have to mingle we are the guests of honor."

With that she pecks my cheek and walks away.

So I go mingle, my parents are the first to hug me, momma kissing my cheek and dad ruffling my hair. Ali jumps on me the instant I'm close enough with a squeal.

And one of the last people I speak to is Hailey. I find the awkwardness between us to be almost suffocating but she immediately apologizes. Telling me that she was stupid and irrational. We hug it out.

The food that's served is delicious, some of my favorite dishes. I eat more dessert than I should and shortly after I join Jess at the front of the hall.

"You ready?" Jess asks me as we hold on to a string.

It's attached to a big brown box hanging above us.

Am I skeptical? Absolutely. But I'm so excited.

"Yeah."

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

We pull the string. Pink confetti and balloons fall from the box, slowly meeting the ground around me.

It's a girl! We're having a girl!

I'm not much of a crier but I have to blink back the tears that pool in my eyes.

"It's a girl." I say to Jess, my words so soft and quiet that I'm surprised Jess caught it.

Her hands cup my face as she kisses me, then they wrap around my neck in a hug.

Then I can't fight the few tears that slip from my eyes. I'm gonna be a mom to a little girl. I can only imagine how beautiful she's going to be.

"I love you, I love you so much Jessica."

She pulls away, still cupping my face in her hands," I love you too."

Trimester 3

I scrunch my nose up as I put the Moose Track ice cream beside the jar of dill pickles.

It's not as odd as I thought that it would be but this isn't the beginning of her cravings.

After checking out at the grocery store I head over to my parents house. When I get there I use my key to get in.

My dad is sitting in the living room watching Blue Bloods. I put the ice cream in the freezer and the pickles on the counter.

I plop down on the couch beside him and release a sigh.

"Her hormones are racing, she keeps crying, she yelled at me for nothing, what am I supposed to do!" My dad exclaims, summing up my every thought.

Eyes narrowed, I look at him," I get the feeling you know why I'm here."

"Oh honey," he pats my thigh," I'm shocked it took you so long to get over here."

I lie my head back," I love that woman but I can't go back there tonight. I've barely gotten any sleep in the past two weeks, she yells at me if I don't answer questions fast enough. It's a cry fest whenever she gets dressed in the morning. I can't take it."

"You have to go home Alex, in fact you want to. No matter how stressed she makes you, you love her more than anything and I know it," he turns to face me," it might be difficult dealing with it all but think of Jess. She's carrying an entire human being in her stomach. Her emotions don't just come from her it's from the baby too."

Nodding I say," you're right," I run a hand down my face," thanks for listening pops."

"Anytime kiddo, now get home to your wife."

When I arrive back home it's dark. There isn't a single light on.

I head upstairs, calling Jess' name, only to find her in our room.

The lights are off, candles lit every on the night stands and dressers, and she is sitting on the edge of the bed crying.

"Jess what's wrong?" I ask rushing to her and kneeling in front of her.

Her face covers her hands as tears slide down her wrists. She's wearing a red lace night gown but it isn't all the way on, it stops right at her belly.

"I was trying to surprise you," she sniffs and looks up," I know you've been stressed and I wanted to make you feel better but I couldn't get this stupid lingerie on," more tears slide down her cheeks," and then it was taking you so long to come home I thought you left me."

My eyes widen, eyebrows shooting up," Jess I would never leave you baby, I just stopped by my parents house," I reach up and wipe her tear stained cheeks," and I am surprised. I couldn't care less about this lingerie, you look beautiful with or without it."

"No I don't, cause now I'm fat."

Before her water works start again I speak," no you are not fat, you're pregnant with our beautiful baby girl. And baby or not you will always be beautiful."

"You really think so?"

I nod," I know so."

"No you don't!" She then explodes.

My eyes widen," wha-"

"You're always lying to me! I can see how fat I am Alex! If I look down I can't even see my own feet, and whenever I do they're swollen! None of my pants fit anymore! Why lie?!" Shes struggles to stand then stands over by the closet.

"I'm not lying Jess, you are beautiful, I get that you're body has changed because of the baby but-"

"You don't get that! You're not pregnant! God!" She throws her hands up in frustration," you should've been carrying this baby!"

Sighing I step closer, cautiously," Jessica, what makes you think you're not beautiful?"

"This gigantic stomach! My stupid ratty maternity clothes."

I grab her hands and pull her over to the mirror," look at yourself."

The red night gown had fallen of when she stood so now she stands naked.

"Tell me what isn't beautiful here. Isn't your gorgeous blonde hair? Those captivating brown eyes? Your soft flawless skin? These full pink sexy lips? Tell me."

My words are gentle but my tone is challenging. I'm daring her to tell me she isn't gorgeous.

She has no answer.

I spin her around, lean in and kiss her, hand still on her cheek, and say," you will always be beautiful, the fact that you're carrying our baby makes you even more beautiful."

She kisses me again, at first it's gentle but slowly it heats up and her hands slide down to the hem of my shirt and pulls it off.

Before I would've stopped and asked if she really wanted to but as of late she's been wanting sex more than usual. One too many times she got angry that I stopped.

Not too long after I have her moaning my name and trembling beneath me. She in turn pleases me, though I tell her it's not necessary.

"I love you wifey." I mumble kissing her cheeks as my arms wrap around her waist.

She blushes," I love you too, and I'm sorry for all the crazy emotions."

"Don't worry about it love, it's all for a good cause."

She snuggles closer, her cheek rubbing against my bare chest. A shiver runs down my spine.

***___***___***_____***___***___***

A/N: So I hope you guys enjoyed! More to come I promise but this is the first.

Got some stuff from Emerson, Markus, Jess, and maybe a few special POV's.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

46.8K 975 22
~complete~ "I want to stop whatever this is! because I'm already falling for you!" A teen pop sensation billie eilish just had a break up, her team...
64.3K 2.5K 26
Not many kids dream of being a therapist. Most don't know it's even a job. But for Emerson Jenkins, it was all she'd wanted to be. Her mother was a r...
24.5K 567 25
*BEFORE YOU READ, KNOW THIS IS A STRUGGLE BETWEEN 1RST AND 3RD PERSON. THIS IS OFFICIALLY 1RST PERSON. THIS WAS ONE OF THE FIRST STORIES I MADE ON WA...
63.9K 1.9K 30
Meet Madison "Maddie" Peterson, the kleptomaniac who stole the blue-eyed girl's heart. But is Maddie really who she says she is? - AU. Although this...