Heart of Fire

By abigail_grayson

*BOOK ONE OF THE IMMORTAL LOVE SERIES* Lesson number one: Never walk alone on the dark side of Chicago. Melo... More

Heart of Fire: Immortal Love Series- Book One
Prologue
🔥One🔥
🔥Two 🔥
🔥Three🔥
🔥Four🔥
🔥Five🔥
🔥Six🔥
🔥Seven🔥
🔥Eight🔥
🔥Nine🔥
🔥Ten🔥
🔥Eleven🔥
🔥Twelve🔥
🔥Thirteen🔥
🔥Fourteen🔥
🔥Fifteen🔥
🔥Sixteen🔥
🔥Seventeen🔥
🔥Eighteen🔥
🔥Nineteen🔥
🔥Twenty🔥
🔥Twenty-One🔥
🔥Twenty-Two🔥
🔥Twenty-Three🔥
🔥Twenty-Four🔥
🔥Twenty-Five🔥
🔥Twenty-Six🔥
🔥Twenty-Seven🔥
🔥Twenty-Eight🔥
🔥Twenty-Nine🔥
🔥Thirty🔥
🔥Thirty-One🔥
🔥Thirty-Two🔥
🔥Thirty-Three🔥
🔥Thirty-Four🔥
🔥Thirty-Five🔥
🔥Thirty-Six🔥
🔥Thirty-Seven🔥
🔥Thirty-Eight🔥
🔥Thirty-Nine🔥
🔥Forty🔥
🔥Forty-One🔥
🔥Forty-Two🔥
🔥Forty-Three🔥
🔥Forty-Four🔥
🔥Forty-Five🔥
🔥Forty-Six🔥
🔥Forty-Seven🔥
🔥Forty-Eight🔥
🔥Forty-Nine🔥
🔥Fifty🔥
🔥Fifty-One🔥
🔥Fifty-Two🔥
🔥Fifty-Three🔥
🔥Fifty-Four🔥
🔥Fifty-Five🔥
🔥Fifty-Six🔥
🔥Fifty-Seven🔥
🔥Fifty-Eight🔥
🔥Fifty-Nine🔥
🔥Sixty🔥
🔥Sixty-Two🔥
🔥Sixty-Three🔥
🔥Sixty-Four🔥
🔥Sixty-Five🔥
🔥Epilogue🔥
Spotify Playlist!
❄️HEART OF ICE❄️ is HERE!

🔥Sixty-One🔥

1.9K 88 5
By abigail_grayson

Song: Intro: Serendipity- BTS (Jimin) 

"Hey, Mel." His deep voice greeted, and my heart dropped again. How was my brother-- dead for five years, by the way-- standing right in front of me?

"H-How are you here?" I asked, my voice shaky, and that same old boyish grin of his spread across his lips.

"I have some connections."

For a moment, I stared at him. Jessie was not only my big brother, but also my best friend. I believe he was dead. I watched them lower him into the ground. Yet, there he was, standing in front of me. He looked like he hadn't changed one bit. I was a little suspicious, but when I thought about everything I had lost in the past year, that suspicion was pushed to the back of my mind, and I wrapped my arms around Jessie, pulling him in for a tight hug.

"I missed you so much, Jess."

"I know, sis. I missed you too."

I held onto Jessie for a little longer, and then we pulled away. He smiled at me again, and I returned it.

"Well, come in. We have a lot to discuss." Theo said from behind me, and Jessie walked into the house. Theo started to walk down the hall toward his office, and Jessie and I followed. Once the three of us were in the room, Theo closed the door, motioning for us to sit. He sat in his desk chair, facing Jessie and I.

"Okay, first matter. You were dead for what, five years?" Theo glanced at me, and I nodded. His eyes locked on Jessie again. "How the hell are you here now?"

Jessie hesitated before sitting up straight. "I might have known a vampire before I died. I didn't want Mel to be in that type of world, so I kept it a secret. The vampire agreed to bring me back under the condition I stay dead for at least four years. She gave me some of her blood before I died, and brought me back as a vampire."

For a second, I didn't believe him, and he saw my disbelief. So, he took a deep breath, and a minute later, fangs were sticking out of his mouth and his eyes were scarlet red. I gasped in shock, while Theo stayed silent. My eyes traveled from his eyes to his fangs, and I couldn't process what was in front of me. My brother was alive, and he was a vampire.

"I'm going..." Theo trailed off, his eyes wide. "I'll be back."

Theo zipped out of the room, but I could tell by the look in his eyes-- something wasn't right. He knew something was wrong. I knew not only by the look in his eyes, but also by how unsteady he was. Once Theo was gone, the whole room grew silent, and I glanced at Jessie who had returned to his human form.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked, staring at me, and I hesitated before shaking my head.

"No, Jess. Theo is just extremely cautious. The pack's safety is very important to him." Jessie slowly shook his head before his gaze focused on something outside Theo's office window. We sat in silence until Theo walked back in, and his eyes were still a little unsteady, but he covered it with a smile.

"We have decided to let you join the pack." Theo announced, the same uneasy smile plastered on his face. "Hazel and Maggie are getting a room ready for you. Melody can show you to it."

Jessie shot him a grin. "Thanks, man. I'm just glad to see my sister again."

Jessie's gaze turned to me, and I returned a smile. Of course, I could tell something was off just as much as Theo could, but I was more excited about the fact that a piece of my family was back. Jessie was there, he was still my brother, and as we talked, it was as if he never left. Theo, Jessie, and I talked for a little longer before I showed Jessie to his room. His room was at the end of the other hall, and it was significantly smaller than the others, but he was happy with it. Him and I talked about what had happened during the past five years, and then he grew drowsy, so we agreed to continue talking the next morning.

I closed his bedroom door, and then I walked to my own room, where Theo was lying on my bed sound asleep. A small smile grew on my lips, and I crawled into bed, wrapping my arms around him. In his sleep, Theo lazily threw his arms around me, and I fell asleep with a smile on my face.

***

The next morning I woke up, Theo was still beside me, sound asleep. The ghost of a smile lingered on his lips, and seeing him so peaceful made me happy. I crawled on top of him and wrapped my arms around his neck, burying my head in his shoulder. His arms slowly wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Well, this is pleasant to wake up to." He rasped, his voice rough (but hot, obviously), and I smiled into his shoulder. Looking up at him, I pressed a gentle, passionate kiss on his lips, and we both smile through it. When we pulled away, my smile grew bigger.

"Happy birthday, vampire boy." I whispered, pecking his lips again, and his smile broke into a grin.

"You remembered!" I nodded, and he kissed me passionately. Those were the kind of mornings I loved. Everything was silent, Theo was right beside me, and I felt at home. I felt warm and protected, but most of all, I felt happy. "Hazel's taking me out for breakfast this morning, but the rest of the day, I want to be with you. Meet me at our spot around three?"

Theo and I hadn't been to our spot since we broke up, and I hadn't been back there since I saw him and Harper down there together. With that in my mind, my smile slowly faded, and Theo shot me a worried look.

"What's wrong?" He asked, caressing my cheek, and my eyes welled with tears. I looked away from him, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"You took Harper to our spot."

Theo remained silent. When I glanced at him, his eyes were downcast, and they held a multitude of regret. He opened and closed his mouth a couple times, and then his eyes finally met mine again.

"That meant nothing, princess. I didn't even want her there. I kept praying you would come down, and you would be the one lying there with me." He admitted, and I looked away from him. The pain I felt when I saw them together at our spot had returned, and I felt like breaking down, but I held it all in.

I swallowed hard as a single tear escaped my eye. "I did come down, Theo, but I saw you and her there. It hurt like hell, Theo. I thought you had replaced me like you said."

Theo clipped his thumb and index finger under my chin, turning my head so we were looking into each other's eyes. His eyes flashed with hurt when he saw my tear stained cheeks, and Theo ever so gently wiped them away with the pad of his thumb.

"No one could ever replace you, princess. You're my girl. That will never change." He assured me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist, and I threw my arms around his neck. The embrace wasn't like any other. It was as if he was trying to prove I was the only one for him, and with that hug, I definitely believed it. Theo held me for a little longer, and then he left to get ready for his birthday breakfast.

An hour later, Hazel and Theo left, and I sprung into action. I had exactly four hours to get his present ready, and since I was a huge procrastinator, I knew I would probably rush to get it ready. As I was getting ready to wrap his present, Jessie strolled into my room.

"Hey, big bro." I greeted, sewing together a piece of Theo's present, and he shot me a smile. Jessie sat in my desk chair, watching me sew.

"What are you doing?"

I glanced at him, closing the stitch. "Finishing Theo's birthday present."

"Mel, is this guy really worth it?" Jessie questioned, crossing his arms over his chest, and a smile grew on my face as I finished sewing Theo's gift.

"Yes, Jess. Theo has always been worth it." My heart swelled with warmth as I admitted that. It was nothing but the truth, and everyone knew it. Theo would always be worth it to me, even when he hurt me, and even when he tried to hate me.

The person you loved would always be worth it-- no matter how many mistakes they made, no matter their past, no matter what they did to hurt you, no matter if there was even a point in time when you hated each other-- they would always be worth it. I knew I would always go back to Theo no matter what. He was the only guy who could love me when I didn't know how to love myself.

Jessie sighed. "Come on, Mel. I'm sure you could do so much better. I mean, you're going to live forever. What happens if one day he gets tired of you, and you're trapped here? What happens then?"

I stopped what I was doing and stared at Jessie. An eerie, cold chill ran down my spine, and I knew something wasn't right. Jessie would have never doubted the person I loved. He would have never suggested I find someone else. Even when he hated Blake-- trust me, he wanted to kill Blake every time he saw him-- he never said anything because he knew I loved Blake. Theo was a million times the man Blake could ever be, so why was Jessie all of a sudden doubting him? I didn't have a good feeling.

"I'll love him just as much as I do now. The thing about Theo and I is we always find a way back to each other."

Jessie was rendered silent. He just shook his head, stood, and left the room. It was weird, but I didn't think anything of it. Maybe he was just worried. Maybe he was protecting me from getting hurt again, but Jessie knew I could handle myself. I was strong. I could handle anything life threw at me.

I wrapped Theo's present and started to get ready. I hopped in the shower, cleaned up, dried my hair, and walked to my closet to pick out an outfit. Deciding on a red sundress (one of Theo's favorites), I paired it with a silver bracelet, necklace, earrings, and black converses. I curled my hair, applied light make-up, and grabbed Theo's present, starting my walk towards our spot. It was about a twenty-minute walk, but when I reached our spot, my breath was taken away.

Theo had our blanket set up under a canopy. On the blanket was all different kinds of food and wine, and a radio was playing music. Then, my eyes found their way to him. He was dressed in a nice navy blue button down, paired with dark denim jeans, his hair was messily styled, and goodness, his smile. His smile lit up the whole world. I sat his present on the blanket before walking to him.

"You do realize it's your birthday, right?" I questioned, smirking at him, and his smile grew even wider as his arms wrapped around me.

"I know, but I needed to make up for everything I've done. This is just the start." He pressed his lips against mine, and I melted in his arms. The kiss was so sweet-- my knees buckled from how sweet it was. Theo's arms tightened around me, and when we pulled away, he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Look, princess... I know I've made a lot of bad decisions. I haven't treated you the way you deserved to be treated, and I didn't appreciate you like I should have, but you are my whole world-- my everything--, and without you in my life, there is no life for me. So, I guess what I'm saying is, will you be my girlfriend again?"

I pecked his lips before pulling away to grin at him. "I thought you'd never ask."

The rest of that evening was spent eating, talking, laughing, flirting, and kissing. Theo told me about all his funny birthday moments, how his mom would bake him a special cake the night before, and the whole family would celebrate the next day. His mom and dad always made sure to give him the most special gift, whether it be something of his grandfather's or something he begged for. After an hour of talking, I decided to give Theo his present. It was wrapped in red paper (considering that was his favorite color), and he sighed.

"Princess, you didn't have to get me anything." He mumbled, holding the present in his hands.

"Yes I did, because I love you." I shot him a cheeky grin. "Now, open it!"

Theo chuckled, slowly unwrapping the present. When he got all the paper off, he stared at the gift in shock. I had made him a pillow. Half of the pillow was a piece of his father's shirt, and the other half was his mother's shirt. A note was attached to it that said, "These are the shirts we used to wear. Whenever you hold this, know we are near, and we love you always. Love, mom and dad.".

Theo glanced up at me, and his eyes were glassy. He held the pillow in his arms, the ghost of a smile on his lips.

"These are my parents shirts..." He murmured, wiping at his eyes, and my own eyes stung with tears. It was so beautiful to see Theo care so much about his parents. His big heart made me love him even more.

"I hated myself for taking them away from you, Theo. This is my way of trying to make up for it, but I know I can never do that with just this."

Theo gently placed the pillow on the blanket, crawled to me, and wrapped his arms around me, I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him tightly.

"Thank you, princess. This is the best birthday present I've ever gotten." He whispered, and I smiled into his shoulder. When we pulled away, he crashed his lips into mine, and once again, I melted in his arms. I could tell how much he loved me the second his lips touched mine, and I knew we would be forever. He was mine, and I was his. Life was perfect in that moment.

But something always came along to create more chaos.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey, loves!

I am SO sorry for not updating yesterday!! I was so busy with work and redoing my room, and then by the time I was finished all that, I was exhausted. I'll try my best to update over the next couple days, but it is a challenge since my room is tore up and my desktop isn't in there right now. :(

I chose this song because one: IT'S SO PURE AND ADORABLE AND IT FITS THEO AND MELODY SO WELL ALRIGHT and two: JIMIN'S VOICE IS SO PURE AND I LOVE IT (I just now noticed I've only used Jimin's solos for this book which is ironic considering he is one of my bias wrecker-- the other is Tae, just so you all know-- and my bias is Jungkook BUT THEY ALL HAVE THE VOICES OF ANGELS SO I DO PLAN TO USE THEIR SONGS FOR ALL MY BOOKS HEHEHEHE) :)

How did y'all feel about the return of Jessie? His and Melody's talk? Theo's birthday?

Make sure to comment, vote, and spread the word!

Thanks for reading!

Much love,

-Abby

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 697 6
So forbidden it's borderline illegal. It feels illegal in a town like this. It was just sex. Ridiculous, I hate you sex with the one guy in school I...
541 77 55
*BOOK TWO OF THE IMMORTAL LOVE SERIES* *CAN BE READ AS A STAND ALONE BUT BOOK ONE WILL MAKE SOME THINGS MAKE MORE SENSE* Lesson number one: If at a...
1.9K 590 32
A love story between two people who live in two very different worlds; is it right to keep a promise when it hurts the one you love? Can the darkn...