GUILT | s.r [BOOK 1]

By honeyndmilk

Mona Hastings. You know her, you love her. She's liberty highs sweetheart. Here to make her last two years... More

Dont you want to share the guilt?
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
1.0
1.1
1.2
1.4
1.5
1.6
S I N

1.3

5.6K 138 27
By honeyndmilk

Lay me down- Sam Smith

Stop staring

Mona was finally coming back to school. It's been two weeks since the death of her best friend.

She has dreaded this day; she wasn't ready for the pity looks or the fake sympathy. All she wanted was Jeff, but that's to much to ask for.

When she walked in the entrance the halls were completely silent, she's never heard a silence quite this loud. As she made her way down the hall, people began to whisper.

About the girl who's best friend is dead.

She shook her head as she quickly walked to her locker opening it and placing her correct books in her bag, ignoring the looks of her and Jeff's friends as she silently prayed the ground would swallow her whole.

She turned and continued her lonely journey to her first period before she paused in front of Jeff's locker.

Tears filled her eyes as she sees all the flowers and balloons placed around the locker. Pictures of her and Jeff scattered across his locker, some of the baseball team filled the spaces between.

She grew angry. How dare this piece of shit world take him? She let out a cry as she reached forward and grabbed a picture of them. It was freshman year and they had just won their very first game, both with the biggest smiles anyone has ever seen.

She ripped it in half before tossing it to the floor. She grabbed another. One of her with Scott and Jeff. She misses Scott so much.

"Baby." Scott walked up behind her and gently wrapped his arms around her waist as he tried to pull her away from the locker and stop her from ripping the last remaining pictures that escaped her wrath.

The jocks winced as she let out a tortured cry as she swiped the rest of the things to the floor. They respected Jeff, he was a great friend and no matter what they would say to Mona, they all cared about the sweet girl.

Clay bit his lip and squeezed his eyes shut, closing the locker and watching from afar.

Jess and Alex wanted to run up to their friend and tell her everything was going to be ok, even if it wasn't. Before they could, they realized they haven't been much of a friend lately and decided to stay put.

Sheri refused to look, she couldn't look at her friend knowing she could've prevented this from happening.

Hannah was frozen at the end of the hall. Watching her fall apart in front of everyone. It was one of the hardest things she had to watch in her whole life. She couldn't believe she took part of the broken look on her best friends face. She never meant for this to happen, she tried. Doesn't that count for something? Anything?

"Mo," Scott backed up and she fell to her knees "I know, I know."

She gasped for breath as she looked up and saw the pity looks from strangers in the hall, exactly what she was wanting to avoid. But with a scene like that..

She turned and wrapped herself around Scott. "Please make them look away." She cried "please."

He looked around and saw everyone staring at her, which pissed him off. "Stop staring!" He yelled as he threw his hands up. "Don't you have something better to do?"

The students quickly averted their eyes and scattered around as they tried to make their way to class.

"Let's get you out of here." He whispered, kissing the top of her head and picking her up. "You can come back another day."

•|•

"Take deep breaths." Scott rubbed Mona's back as she tried to calm her nerves.

Today was the big day. It was competition and Mona was not ready, not anymore. Her nerves were all over the place and her girls were trying to help her out but no one has been able to do that besides Scott.

"I can't do this."

"Yes you can." He whispered and kissed her forehead "You're Ready."

She looked up at him. Taking a quick glance at his undeniably attractive face before her face flushed and she looked back down. "You think so?"

He watched her lips as she spoke; not being able to wait he leaned down and kissed her. "Absolutely." He spoke with so much confidence it almost convinced her.

Almost.

"Please give a warm welcome to liberty's high cheer-squad!" The announcers voice boomed through the speakers and she panicked.

"Break a leg." He kissed her cheek before pushing her gently in the direction of her team. "Actually, don't break anything please."

Her teammates were surprised that Mona is doing the routine practically perfect, they didn't think she would walk beyond those curtains.

Mona was happy for a spilt second. She was giving her all into this competition, she's been waiting for this. When she was tossed up in the air and landed perfectly in Sheri and Stacy's hand, she laughed in complete bliss.

She looked to the front row at Jeff's seat and stumbled.

"Gooo Mona!" She heard a male voice call from behind her.

She smiled as she turned around to face her best friend. "Thanks jeff."

"You know competition is two weeks away right?" Jeff asked as he took a seat in front of her on the mat.

"I do." She took a sip of her water and she pushed some fallen hair out of her face. "You'll be there right?"

"Front row." He smiled.

"Better be." She pointed a finger at his face as she stood up. "This has got to be perfect."

"It already is."

"No." She shook her head as she lifted her leg behind her back. "Completely perfect, no flaws at all."

"Mona!" He stood up and grabbed her shoulders. "Breathe. You're going to do amazing."

"How do you know?"

"Because I believe in my best friend."

She smiled and leaned against his chest. "What would I do without you?"

"You'd be lost."

And that was the honest truth.

Sheri and Stacy gasped as Mona's knees buckled. "Mona!" Sheri yelled grabbing her knee and keeping her steady. "Mona?"

Mona shook her head and looked down to Sheri. "I'm fine." She straightens herself out and looks away from the seat. "I'm fine."

The girls stood anxiously waiting to see who would be the winners. Mona was convinced her little slip up cause them the win.

"-and finally! The moment you've all been waiting for." This was it, they were first or ranked so low they didn't make the board. "Your first place winners, Liberty High!"

They all jumped into a group hug. "We did it!" Jess squeals as she places her arms around Mona.

"We did." She pulled away and looked at jess. "You did really good, I can see you being captain one day."

Jess smiled at her "that means a lot coming from you." She nudged her shoulder before she walked off with her other friend.

Mona walked in the back to be greeted by a beaming Scott. "You did it!" He yelled, picking her up and spinning in a circle.

"I guess Jeff was right."

•|•

"I really don't want to be here." Mona mumbled as she took another sip of her apple juice. She hated Bryce, almost as much as his stupid parties.

Hannah smiled weakly at her friend "Then why are you here?" She laughed.

"For you, and Alex asked me to come, I miss them Han."

"Yea, so do I." Hannah looked over to the other couch where Alex sat along with some other boys.

"Coming?" Zach asked as he walked by the two friends.

"Where?" Hannah looked at him confused.

He laughed "hot tub time." He pointed to the back yard before walking out.

"I kinda want to go." Hannah laughed as she looked outside.

"Go, have fun." Mona smiled as she pushed her off the couch.

"Really?" Hannah yelled before they both busted out in laughter.

Mona sat and talked with Alex and surprisingly Montgomery. "You team killed me!" Monty yelled at his supposed to be teammate, Mona.

She couldn't hold in her laughs as she saw the look on Montys face. "Sorry!" She giggled, turning her head when she saw Zach come inside, but not Hannah.

"Where's Hannah?" She asked before Zach walks up the stairs.

"Outside!"

Mona got up and walked outside "Han! You ready to go?" She called from the door.

"Yup!" She yelled, trying to get Bryce's hand off her thigh. "I'll be out in a minute."

"Ok!" Mona walked inside and started to gather her and Hannah's things. "Leaving already?" Monty asked as he held up the controller.

"Yeah, sorry." She slung her bag over her shoulder. "If Hannah comes in, tell her I'm in the car." She hugged Alex before walking outside.

Hannah's cries were silenced, her pleads for him to stop no longer reaching anyone's ears.

She laid still as he got out of the hot tub, walking back inside as if what happened was normal. She cried in pain, reaching out for her underwear, ready to get the hell out of here.

She ran through the house trying to get to Mona as fast as she could. Mona laughed as she jumped into the car. "Ready to go?" She teased, putting the car in reverse and heading to her house.

"You have no idea."

////
:)
How did you guys like it??
If you guys want me to make a fanfic on someone, please message me or comment! It doesn't have to be someone from 13rw either.
Also, I apologize for the random uploads..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.7K 980 11
Mia Walker, She's beautiful, popular and her brother is just as popular. But she's nothing like Bryce Walker. Book 1
71.6K 1.7K 51
Y/n L/n was a normal girl living a normal life. She's got a group of amazing friends including Justin Foley, Jessica Davis, and Alex Standall. She's...
37.7K 529 40
Sierra baker is the cousin of Hannah baker. When life starts to go wrong for Sierra, her aunt and uncle take her in to life with them. Hannah and S...
218K 3K 71
‼️ closed until further notice ‼️ Includes ●Justin ●Alex ●Tyler ●Zach ●Clay ●Tony ●Monty ●Jeff ●Ryan ●Scott Requests are open, just send me a mes...