.Rise And Fall.

By takenbyshawnbut_

Highest ranking: #1 in Rise. #1 in Fall. #1 in... More

.Rise And Fall.
.Rise and Fall. (1)
.Rise and Fall. (2)
.Rise and Fall. (3)
.Rise and Fall. (4)
.Rise and Fall. (5)
.Rise and Fall. (6)
.Rise and Fall. (7)
.Rise and Fall. (8)
.Rise and Fall. (9)
.Rise and Fall. (10)
.Rise and Fall. (11)
.Rise and Fall. (12)
.Rise and Fall. (13)
.Rise and Fall. (14)
.Rise and Fall. (15)
.Rise and Fall. (16)
.Rise and Fall. (17)
.Author's Note And Cast.
.Rise and Fall. (18)
.Rise and Fall. (19)
.Rise and Fall. (20)
.Rise and Fall. (21)
.Rise and Fall. (22)
.Rise and Fall. (23)
.Rise and fall. (24)
.Rise and Fall. (25)
.Rise and Fall. (26)
.Rise and Fall. (27)
.Rise and Fall. (28)
.Rise and Fall. (29)
.Rise and Fall. (30)
.Rise and Fall. (31)
.Rise and Fall. (32)
.Rise and Fall. (33)
.Rise and Fall. (34)
.Rise and Fall. (35)
.Rise and Fall. (36)
.Rise and Fall. (37)
.Rise and Fall. (38)
.Rise and Fall. (39)
.Rise and Fall. (40)
.Rise and Fall. (41)
.Rise and Fall. (42)
.Rise and Fall. (43)
.Rise and Fall. (44)
.Rise and Fall. (45)
.Rise and Fall. (46)
.Rise and Fall. (47)
.Rise and Fall. (49)
.Rise and Fall. (50)
.Rise and Fall. (51)
.Rise and Fall. (52)
.Rise and Fall. (53)
.Rise and Fall. (54)
.Rise and Fall. (55)
.Rise and Fall. (56)
.Rise and Fall. (57)
.Rise and Fall. (58)
.Rise and Fall. (59)
.Rise and Fall. (60)
.Rise and Fall. (61)
.Rise and Fall. (62)
.Rise and Fall. (63)
.Rise and Fall. (64)
.Rise and Fall. (65)
.Rise and Fall. (66)
.Rise and Fall. (67)
.Rise and Fall. (68)
.Rise and Fall. (69)
.Rise and Fall. (70)
.Rise and Fall. (71)
.Rise and Fall. (72)
.Rise and Fall. (73)
.Rise and Fall. (74)
.Rise and Fall. (75)
.Rise and Fall. (76)
.Rise and Fall. (77)
.Rise and Fall. (78)
.Rise and Fall. (79)
.Rise and Fall. (80)
.Bonus Chapter.
.Bonus Chapter.
.Epilogue.

.Rise and Fall. (48)

19K 731 52
By takenbyshawnbut_

|Chapter: 48|

"Cookies for dummies."

Sarah handed us one cookie each. I shifted a little when Nick pulled my back closer to his chest before wrapping the blanket around us, with his legs on my sides. He was circling the fabric over my stomach, and I held the stick tightly to the bonfire heating the marshmallow, to ignore the tingles flowing down my body.

"He is so into you. You should've seen the way he carried...", Sasha stopped her ranting when her eyes abruptly fell on us. Stella stood dead on her track while Kathleen bumped into her back and looked up from her phone. Stella quickly changed her horror look into a sly smile when she saw me looking at them.

"Hey Nicky. Looks like you're getting all cozy up here." She folded her arms smirking. He rolled his eyes and rested his face on my shoulder. "How's your head?", he asked.

"A bit dizzy when I woke up. But its all good now", she smiled sweetly at him and sat down beside us.

"Black you never told us how was your date." Zac wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

"Yes our boy never told us about his first date", Jason teased in a mom-ish voice. His first date?

"Wait wait wait. What exactly are they talking about Nicky?" Stella turned her head with a shocked expression like he just committed a crime, or more like she found him cheating on her.

Before Nick could say anything Mason beat him to it. "Your Nicky boy went out on a date with the lovely Serena while you were getting over your hangover. Sadly, you missed everything Arrington."

"But don't miss the sheepish loverboy smile he has been wearing ever since he came back from the date", Ian said. Nick threw the water bottle his way which he easily dodged it.

"Next time it will be a burning stick instead of the bottle and I won't miss it", Nick warned trying to sound angry.

The only angry person here was Stella when I saw her face all red and hands fisted into balls from the corner of my eyes.

"Tell us everything", Sarah squealed excitedly.

"Everything was good until she punched me hard on my face", he laughed while I heard them gasp. I was so embrassed. What was I even thinking? That is so not me.

"She fucking punched you?!", Jason was the one to ask. Nick nodded his head still laughing.

"I used to like you Serena but now I love you", Jason said, making Nick stop in the mid way. Jason immediately lifted his hands up like he surrendered when he noticed it too. "Just kidding bro."

"You better", he gritted his teeth. Here's the mood swings. I brought my free hand to squeeze his hand on my stomach for him to calm down. "Rena, are you planning to burn the marshmallow?", he whispered in my ear softly.

"Oh! I almost forgot about it", I smiled, sheepishly.

It was all good until Devon decided to open her mouth.

"But I bet they won't even last. I mean just look at them, they are so different." Kathleen rolled her eyes picking her long nails. Nick's grip tighten on my stomach. I know he was fuming with anger. But isn't that the truth?

Jason chuckled. "Alex, doesn't your girl have one hell of a shit coming out mouth."

"Jerk what is your problem with me?"

"Bitch you started", Sarah sneered before Jason could say something.

"Who do you think you're calling a bitch? When you're the one opening your legs for the whole football team whore", Kathleen shot up. Sarah took off to snatch her face but Zac reacted too fast and held her back on time.

"Let me go Zac. I want to rip off her fake make up face", Sarah struggled to get out of his hold yelling, but he was too strong for her.

Zac's demeanour totally changed. He was glaring so dangerously at Kathleen that she even gulped. "Anything but not my girl Demon", he warned pointing his index at her. Then he turn to Stella who was encountering the whole scene silently. "Teach your bimbo to shut the fuck up when she need to Arrington."

"Tell your friend to stop calling my bestfriend names Nicky", Stella ordered instead. What the hell?

"He is right. She fucking need to stuff stinky socks down her throat", Nick said in a hard tone with no emotion. The boys burst out laughing, including Sarah. Stella looked at him without blinking for a minute like she couldn't digest what he said.

"Kath drop it", Stella said at last which only made Kath stood up frustrated and pulled Alex with her. Poor guy.

"Alex you need to snap out of it and open your headlights. Stop being a pussy", Jason yelled behind him but he was already dragged inside the house.

Jason rubbed his face before taking a sip from his beer and then hang his head low. "I can't believe I lost my bestfriend to that bitch." Mason pat his back shaking his head.

"Whats wrong with you guys? Suddenly, defending the charity cases", Sasha stood up looking mad like she was holding back all for a long time. 

"You were lot less annoying with your mouth shut Peters. Keep it that way", Zac warned.

"Fuck you Jones. What happened to the guy grabbing asses of girls on the hallway?", she scoffed then turn to us. "And you Nick, if you're using her to make Stella jealous. Cut the crap. We all know how much you..."

"Sasha", Stella cut her off.

Nick was shaking with anger.

"Don't stop me today Stella. I know if Nick has ever hooked up with a girl more than once is you."

My stomach swirled up into emotions of hurt, jealously, disappointment and so many things I couldn't explain. Overall, I had an uneasy feeling while Nick was all stiff behind me. I dropped the hand my hand holding his. I thought they were only childhood friends like he says all the time.

"What happened innocent little Serena? Nick didn't tell you yet. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Poor girl. We all.."

"Enough Sasha! Let's go", Stella yelled pulling her with her inside the house too.

No one said anything for a minute. It was getting awkward. Of course she was far better than me. I shouldn't feel anything because he slept with many girls. But the fact that they are so close was bugging my mind and then again, that's okay because we are not together, right? 

Everyone started to leave. Some went to their tents while some inside the house. Sarah gave a small smile before following Zac. I knew she wanted me to talk with him but I didn't feel like.

"R-Rena...", he called softly. I turned around to face him and plastered a smile like nothing happened. "Yeah."

He was surprised to see me smiling but he started anyway, "I... Stella..."

I put my finger on his lips to stop him from explaining. "Can we talk about this later. I'm tired and I want to sleep", I said.

He was unsure but nodded anyway.

"Uh... Nick?"

"What is it? Do you want me to carry you if you're tired?"

I shook my head laughing. "Of course not, I'm capable of walking. I was going to ask you if I can sleep in the tent tonight."

"No! We are going...."

I cut him off, "Please?"

"But I can't."

"I need this", I said pushing him away from me. He sighed, looking defeated. "Atleast let me help you put the tent on." I nodded.

After we are done, I was about to go in when he pulled me back to his arms and hugged me tight. He was warmer than any comforter and comfortable than any bed. "Please call me if you are cold", he said, sounded like a request more.

"I will", I said slowly.

"Goodnight Nick."

He kissed my forehead, "Night."

I hate the way everything ends between us. It just tears us apart, always. I watched him walk back in the house, while the pain in my heart grew. What right do I have?

.

"Nick flipped over like a crazy man and told them to pack their bags and leave first thing in the morning", Sarah casually said before taking a bite from her apple.

"What about... Stella?", I asked brewing my coffee.

"She is staying."

"Oh.. do you need some?" I lifted the mug to her.

"I do", said a very tired voice. I turned around to see Nick in his sweatpants. Sarah quickly jumped off the counter and left.

He even looked tired. "How did you sleep?", he asked. He placed his palms flatly on the counter. His naked chest was clearly distracting me. I slid the coffee mug to him. "Good", I smiled.

"About last night....", he started.

"Lets not talk about that", I cut him off,  making his face drop instantly. I walked up to him, "I mean its between you and Stella so you don't have to explain it to me."

After thinking the whole night about it, I came to the conclusion that I've nothing to be mad about. Maybe a little jealous and thats something I can't help. And a little part of me was tired giving him the hints that I actually care.

"Are you sure?"

"Completely", I lied. "Now what would you like for breakfast?"

"Whatever you prepare", he pecked my lips suddenly, but only for a second. It was gone too fast. I hid the disappointment and smiled at him.

I took out a pan to make some dippy eggs. The toast was ready. He kept watching me like the way he always do. Every now and then I'd look up at him. The small soft smile and his warm eyes makes me fall for him more and more. How does he even do that without doing anything?

"You know one thing?", he asked blowing his coffee.

"Uh-Huh?" I put the egg on a plate.

"You are so.... beau..d-different", he whispered, taking me off guard. I stop and look at him. "I mean diferent in a good way. You are um...what I mean to say.. you.. Dammit! Why is it so fucking hard to say?", he brushed his hair with one hand. I was just staring at him. Why is he stammering? "Look I never complimented you because I don't know how to put into words, you're just indescribable", he sighed.

I started laughing. "You are acting weird."

"Yeah?", he chuckled. I nodded smiling before I passed him the plate. We finished our breakfast talking about light and funny topics. Plus, his cockiness.

"Good morning, beautiful", Jason greeted coming down the stairs. He looked cheerful and I think I know the reason why.

"Morning Jason. Do you need some breakfast?"

"You'll make it for me?", he asked,  shocked.

"Of cou..."

"She is reading a book to me. Do it yourself. We are going to our room", Nick cut me off and pulled me with him. I gave him a apologetic smile which he just waved it off.

"Guess I'll just have some peanut butter with Jelly Black. Do you hear me? Jelly", he sang.

Nick locked the door after me. "Why did you lie to him?", I asked, crossing my arms.

"Who said I did? You're really reading me a book." He walked to the bookshelf, I followed behind. He kept checking the titles of the books and rubbing the back of his head at the same time. Then, he suddenly turned around, his eyes on the nightstand where I kept the book I was reading the previous day.

"Ah! That one", he pointed. Lifting the book, he examined the name.

"A walk to remember."

********
Vote.Comment.Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 48.1K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
1.2K 158 30
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
99.2K 1.5K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
117K 2.8K 29
"Ryan let me out! I hiss and move out the way, while trying to still be quiet. Him and I both know well what would happen in someone caught us in he...