MY BEST FRIEND'S BROTHER ✔️ (...

By crazywriter1116

Sana was eighteen when she had been properly introduced for the first time to Daanish Ahmed Ali, 22 years. An... More

INTRODUCTION
PROLOGUE
Chapter 1| Meet Sana Zafar
Chapter 2| Be a Bitch
Chapter 3| Glimpse into her Apartment
Chapter 4| An Old Friend
Chapter 5| Daanish "Bhai"
Chapter 6| In His Room
Chapter 7| Handsome Tutor
Chapter 8| Like a Movie Date
Chapter 9| The Sister Tag
Chapter 10| Old Friends Meet
Chapter 11| A Chivalrous Gentleman
Chapter 12| The Odd One Out
Chapter 13| Silent and Alone
Chapter 14| A Stranger in the Room
Chapter 15| A Familiar Stranger
Chapter 16| Bad First Impression
Chapter 17| The Perfect Man
Chapter 18| Meeting the Cousins
Chapter 19| By the Pool Side
Chapter 20| Super Cool Nanu
Chapter 21| What a Hottie
Chapter 22| At the Beach
Chapter 23| The Engagement
Chapter 24| Envy
Chapter 25| Taking a Lift from a Hottie
Chapter 26~ Suprise in London
Chapter 27| Sana Helps
Chapter 28| The Critique
Chapter 29| Moving In
Chapter 30| Rain and Tea
Chapter 31| Bonfire & Steamy Makeout?
Chapter 32| Is He your Boyfriend?
Chapter 33| At His Home
Chapter 34| Yoga Classes
Chapter 35| His Invite
Chapter 36| Dinner
Chapter 37| A Road Trip
MINI TEASER
Chapter 38| Tough Ali, Whining Zafar
Chapter 39| Had a Great Fall
Chapter 40| What are Friends for?
Chapter 41| A Visitor
TEASER
Chapter 42| Nanu's Sona
Chapter 43| Nanu's Love story
Chapter 44| The Love-Birds
Chapter 45| He Likes Me?
Chapter 46| A Lesson Learned
Chapter 47| Visiting the Old Castle
Chapter 48| Avoiding the Topic
TEASER
Chapter 49| A Day Without You
Chapter 50| Move On
Chapter 51| An Awkward Ride
TEASER
Chapter 53| The Dawat
Chapter 54| Bali
Chapter 55| Room Service?
Chapter 56| Strange Behaviour
Good News and Request
Chapter 57| Practise
TEASER
Chapter 58~ I Am Serious
Chapter 59~ The Big Reveal
Chapter 60| Sana's Condition
Chapter 61| Sangeet Ceremony
Chapter 62| A Helping Hand
Chapter 63| Caught
Chapter 64| In Terms with Reality
Chapter 65| Nikkah
Chapter 66| A Special Appearance
Chapter 67| Moving On
Chapter 68| Will Nanu Help?
Chapter 69| The Parent's React
Chapter 70| The Wedding night
Chapter 71| Something is Fishy
Chapter 72| Scars of the Past
All's Well That Ends Well
EPILOGUE

Chapter 52| Stealing Glances & Baked Cookies

6.5K 338 41
By crazywriter1116

Entering the main gate, once again Sana felt a hollowness and began to dread facing her mother and her stepfather. Her so called, family.

Saba walked in front of her. She took the handbag while Sana dragged the wheeled bag with her. She looked around the garden. It has become greener than she remembered from before.

'Come fast, Appi. Mom has prepared Biryani for you.' Saba chirped happily. Sana scoffed. As if. Her mother never makes anything for her. Nevertheless, Sana quietly followed her sister.

The main door was opened. Saba entered first and yelled happily. Sana rolled her eyes.

'Sana?'

She looked upon hearing her mother's voice.

Why does she even try? Why now? Why not when I needed her – Sana thought dryly.

Her mother smiled at her while Sana remained expressionless. She hurried to her and engulfed her daughter in a tight hug. Sana doesn't hug her back. Mrs. Shah broke apart and smiled placing her palm under her chin and lifted her face a little.

'Wow! My daughter is looking so beautiful.' She complimented. Sana doesn't even move a muscle she kept staring at her mother. Her eyes devoid of any emotions. Mrs. Shah sensed that, and her smile disappeared.

'Beta? Is everything-'

'Saba, I am going to freshen up.' Sana looked at her sister. Then, she took her bag from Saba and dragged her trolley bag with her to the room. Saba and Mrs. Shah exchanged a helpless look.

*****************************

'Is everything alright between you and Daanish?' Saba inquired as she stepped out of the bathroom. Sana looked up from her magazine and frowned on seeing her sister dressed in her Hello Kitty PJs.

'You had been touching my bag?' Sana raised her eyebrow. Saba picked up a moisturizer from the dressing table and turned around.

'Obviously. You know me na, Appi.' She walked around the bed and sat beside Sana. Sana shifted placing her left foot on her right. 'You are just changing the topic.' Saba spoke squeezing moisturizer on the back of her palm.

'What topic?' Sana muttered sinking lower on the bed. Saba rolled her eyes and asked.

'Daanish's topic. Back in London, you guys are neighbors, he used to stay over at your place in the night and then all of sudden you guys are behaving like strangers.' Saba said.

Sana pressed her lips tightly and angrily closed the book. She slammed it at the bedside table and turned to her side.

'I am sleepy.' She muttered covering herself with the duvet. Confusedly, Saba blinked at her sister.

Sana squeezed her eyes closed, praying for her sister to drop the topic. Luckily, Saba doesn't bring the topic again. Sana relaxed and stared at the wall front until sleep engulfed her.

**********************************

Sana felt nervous as she opened the main gate to Alishba's bungalow. She noticed the lightings and the freshly painted building and smiled. She walked through the lawn admiring the beautiful rose and marigold flowers. Sana bend to pick up a flower when a strong baritone startled her.

'No touching the flowers.'

She looked up and found Daanish standing next to her. His arms folded and his gorgeous hazel eyes expressionless. Sana gulped and forced a smile. Daanish doesn't bother smiling. Sana's heart dropped. She missed the old happy Daanish. He had always been a different person with her. She smiled recollecting how he had held her hand, with full authority, and ran around the Castle.

Daanish cleared his throat and Sana's smile disappeared. She looked at him and noticed his expressions had softened.

'How are you, Sana?' He asked, his tone soft and gentle. Sana nodded and without answering him she walked past him. At the door, she stopped and turned around. Daanish turned at the same time. He looked angry again, Sana felt guilty again. She looked away from him and entered the house.

Aasma, Mrs. Ali, greeted Sana warmly. She hugged her and welcomed her in. Sana smiled when she informed was that Aasma had baked some cookies as she knew Sana was about to come today.

'These cookies are Daanish's favorite cookies as well.' Aasma said as she and Sana walked towards Alishba's room. Sana's heart skipped a beat when Aasma added, - 'You two have so much in common.' Sana smiled lowering her head. She knew this. And this was what attracts her to Daanish even more. In fact, Daanish seemed impressed with this. Now, Sana was regretting pushing Daanish away.

****************************

'What do you mean you will join us in Bali? Not Fair, Nadia.'

Sana froze on hearing Alishba speaking to Nadia on phone. Her heart sank a little. Alishba turned around and spotted her friend. She smiled at her and spoke to Nadia on call, - 'I will talk to you later. Bhai will have to speak with you too.... Don't laugh... Okay, bye.' Alishba cut the call and tossed the phone on the bed.

'What happened?' Sana walked in. Alishba sighed and dropped on the bed. Sana sat beside her as she narrated how Nadia was super busy and she will be able to join them directly in Bali. Sana smiled sadly.

'Argh. She does whatever she pleases. Bhai doesn't even say anything to her.' Alishba finished leaning forward. She held her head in frustration.

Sana didn't know if she had the rights to say this but before she could stop herself the words came rolling down her tongue.

'Daanish never tells her anything. He does what she says.' She pointed out.

Alishba leaned back and nodded, - 'You are right.'

To divert Alishba's attention, Sana passed her a large packet. She smiled watching a bright smile appear on her friend's face. She gushed happily caressing the packet.

'Open it.' Sana said.

Alishba shook her head clicking her tongue, - 'No. I will open this on my wedding day.' She said confidently. Sana felt proud when she said that.

'Aww.' Sana smiled and hugged her friend. Alishba hugged her back. Soon, the girls began chatting. Sana was glad Alishba didn't bring up the topic of Nadia or Daanish.

*************************

Sana sniffed the aroma of the freshly baked cookies and smiled. After so long, she will be tasting her favorite cookies by Aasma Aunty. Mrs. Ali entered the room carrying the tray full of biscuits. Sana felt just like old days when she was a kid and a teen and used to drop by here for studies. Alishba rubbed her palms together while Sana eyed the plates hungrily. Aasma smiled placing the tray on the bed in between the two girls. The girls smiled at each other before picking up the cookies from the plate.

'Come and join us, Aasma Aunty.' - Sana suggested and took the bite of the cookie, - 'Yum! Aunty this has gotten tastier than before.' - She complimented and Aasma blushed, she continued, - 'Please, teach excellent baking to Alishba as well.' Sana winked at Alishba and she made a face.

'I don't like baking.' Alishba muttered picking up another cookie.

'But Aahil loves baked goodies.' Aasma smirked at her daughter. Alishba rolled her eyes as Sana and Aasma giggled. Sana leaned forward and stuck out her palm. Aasma hi-fied her.

'You guys just gang up against me.' Alishba pouted cutely.

****************************

After spending some time with the girl gang, Sana took their leave. She had gotten a call from Saba asking her to accompany her to Connaught place for some shopping.

'Yes, Saba. I am coming.' Sana said on phone and cut the call. She stepped out of the bungalow and froze on seeing Daanish in the garden area. He was with a man wearing worn out Khaki Kurtha and Pajama. Sana assumed him to be the gardener. She noted many men working on the lighting. Sana also smelt the aroma of food and recollected Alishba saying that tonight was Dawat (Dinner Party). All their relatives and friends in Delhi are invited.

Daanish tugged his palms into the pockets of his blue Bermuda shorts and looked up. Sana's gaze met his gaze for a second before Sana looked away. She fidgeted with her mobile briefly and looked up again. Daanish was still looking at her. This time Sana doesn't look away and continued to stare at him. The two looked at each other until the gardener interrupted Daanish. He looked at the gardener and Sana found this perfect chance to sneak out. Before Daanish looked back at her she hurried through the lawn and was out of the gate.

*******************************

Sana, Daanish and the look-look *sigh*

Dawaat is next. Excited guys? Here is a glimpse

Precap:

Few futile minutes later, when Sana noticed Ramiz busy and found this perfect chance to escape. Quickly, she turned around and dashed into someone. The little of the Mutton qurma fell on the person's grey Kurtha.

Shit! Sana gasped.

She looked up at familiar hazel eyes. The stunned eyes stared back at her from behind the sexy glasses. Daanish! Sana moved her gaze down and her eyes widened on seeing a huge gravy stain on the right side of his chest. Sana mentally slapped her forehead.

'Arey, Bhai.' Ramiz stood beside Sana. Daanish's stunned expressions changed into a stern look as he looked at the two. Ramiz's shoulder brushed against Sana's and she noticed Daanish's expression change a little. She was confused about the reaction, but she wasn't worried about that. She looked back at the stain.

'Oh, God that is huge.' Ramiz exclaimed, and Sana felt guilty.

'I am sorry, Daanish.' Sana squeaked. Quickly, she took the tissue paper from under her plate and forwarded it to him. 'Here.' She said. Daanish glared at the tissue paper and then glared at Ramiz and Sana before turning around and walking away.

Huh!

So, guys, how was the Chapter and Precap? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* And Stay Tuned to find out what happens next *winks*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36K 2.3K 47
"𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄" One year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One Year contract marriage is all takes to attracti...
16.2K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
221K 20.4K 61
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...
206K 10.7K 56
Plot twist : Your crush loves you back!💘 Join Spruha and Varad in their love journey🧡💙 𝗚𝗹𝗶𝗺𝗽𝘀𝗲 ~ "Varradd!! We're so close!" She said stutt...