~Weird~ Connor Murphy x Rea...

By jxllycee

Unlike the majority of weird things that happened to me, I'm glad you happened, because I was able to find so... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY
thank you

THIRTY-SIX

4.4K 135 231
By jxllycee

Connor

•••

I want you
I'll color me blue
Anything it takes to make you stay
Only seeing myself
When I'm looking up at you

•••

It really felt like the rest of the world faded away. Y/N clung onto me for the rest of the song, and she held on tightly.

I didn't think I'd matter this much to anyone. I didn't think I'd be wrapping my arms around someone like Y/N who needed me.
I didn't think anyone needed me, but I guess we just need each other.

"How cliche is this?" I asked jokingly.

"So fucking cliche," Y/N laughed and lifted her head off me as we still swayed to the song. "Do you mind it, though?"

"Do you?"

She smiled sheepishly, "Not really."

"Me neither then."

Before the song came to an end, I stared deeply into her eyes, easily getting lost in them. The same thing probably popped into our mind because we both leaned in and gingerly kissed each other. I cupped her cheek that was illuminated by the light slightly, as if she was so fragile. My heart beat against my chest harder than ever before.

Y/N opened her eyes as I pulled back. She started to smile, and then laugh slightly, her eyes shining. "How cliche." She joked with her hands still resting on my shoulders.

"I know right?" I chuckled. "Shit," I winced a little as I felt a little weight on my toe. Looking down, Y/N's foot stumbled and she held on tighter.

"Fuck, I'm sorry." Y/N quickly apologized as she managed to straighten up. "I told you can't dance like a normal human being."

"My god you're relatable," I sighed as we watched the lights change colors to fit the mood of the new song. When I looked back at Y/N, two other figures walked up behind her. I could tell one of them was Michael Mell and another girl who was new here.

Y/N also recognized them too. "Hey Gianna- ow,"

"Well well well if it isn't L/N and Murphy," One girl chuckled as she threw her arm around Y/N.

Michael soon nudged her shoulder. "Name a better love story, I'll wait." He teased. "Hey, we're gonna go take pictures in the photo booth over there, wanna come with us?"

Y/N nervously scratched the back of her neck. "I mean, sure, why not?"

The other girl, Gianna I think, looked back at me. "You're coming too, right?"

Raising an eyebrow in shock, I began to ask, "Wha-"

Y/N, smirking, took my arm and led me to follow the other two. "Let's go, Murphy. We did leave the house for this." She joked, making me smile a little. The four of us stopped in front of a tall photo booth and waited for the group in front of us to stumble out.

•••

The second the pictures were printed out, we immediately snatched them from the machine and raced to the bleachers on the other side of the room.  We all had our own copy of the pictures.

Once we got there and settled down, Gianna snorted and pointed to a picture with me and Michael in it. "What kind of faces are you guys making?"

I scanned the picture and smirked. "I can't speak for Michael but that's just what I look like when I'm high."

I felt Y/N playfully slap my arm. "Connor!"

Michael laughed and pointed to another photo. "Oh hey, Connor and
Y/N look cute in this one!"

My girlfriend crossed her arms. "That's impossible, I look like trash."

"Oh my- no you don't!" I exclaimed as I turned to Y/N, making her smile and look down sheepishly. "Don't say that Y/N, self depreciation is my thing." I tried to mumble the last bit, but even through the loud noise she could still hear it.

"Hey!" Y/N began to say something else before the music changed and loudly interrupted her.

Gianna and Michael stared up at the DJ stand where Jared was busy rocking out like a lunatic. They turned back to us.

"Let's go dance!" Gianna said, a little too enthusiastically.

The other boy's eyes widened. "Ooh we should try to form one of those dance mobs!" Michael suggested. "Let's go find the others. Y/N, Connor, you comin?"

"In a second," We both said before they scurried off. Smiling, I looked back down at the pictures before glancing back at Y/N, who was tapping her foot to the beat of the music.

I tucked my copy of the photos neatly in my pocket. Y/N stood up from her seat and stretched as we viewed the mess of dancing people in front of us.

"I can't believe we fucking go to school with these people." I chuckled lightly as I stood next to her.

"I know right?" She replied, and then suddenly turned to me as I took her hand. "What the, Connor-"

"Whattya say we just act like them and dance really stupidly just for tonight?" I asked as I led us to the dance floor with a smirk.

"We dance stupidly regardless." Y/N giggled, tucking some hair behind her ear.

"Are you making fun of my dancing skills?"

"What? I'm not!"

"Wouldn't blame you."

"I'm not making fun of your dancing!"

I shrugged and grinned as I raised my hand holding hers to somewhat twirl her around.

Y/N spun around messily and then stumbled. "Fuck, I think I hit someone," she said quietly as she widened her eyes.

"Y/N that was a table."

"Oh.."

We both looked at each other and laughed. It felt pretty good to have this much fun. I guess I missed it.

We both went back to simply and playfully dancing with each other, letting the songs change to whatever and ignoring all the odd stares from most people, especially Jared. When he gave us a look, we both flipped him off with proud smirks on our faces and said nothing else.

Nothing was fancy about our damn stupid dances, but we both added messy spins here and there just for the hell of it.

With a smile plastered on my face, I opened my mouth to say something as Y/N grabbed my hand. I tried to speak right before the music suddenly stopped mid-song. Other people stopped at the sudden action as well.

"The hell was that?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows as Y/N and I stared up at the DJ stand. Jared was frantically checking wires and the machine.

"Maybe they're changing the song..?" She assumed. We glanced back at each other before the neon lights flickered off and the whole room went dark. Concerned and confused gasps and murmurs were let out from other teens as a couple of adults walked in to try to calm everyone down.

One adult, probably a teacher, decided to speak. "Okay, everybody! There's been a- can I please get everyone's attention? There's been a minor technical issue here, we'll try to get this back on track as soon as possible!"

"Can't say I'm surprised this happened," Y/N whispered as she shook her head. I agreed.

Most people began to move around, probably trying to get to the bleachers or out of the room. I saw that the only lighting was in the hallway, and people were filling it up quickly.

Multiple people violently shoved me down to the hard wood flooring as they rushed by. My eyes widened as my hand slipped from Y/N's.
"Connor! Ah shit-" She exclaimed as she tried to get through the crowd.

Geez, why is it so fucking crowded?

"Stop pushing!"

"Move it!"

"I can't see!"

"WE CALL CAN'T!" I yelled through gritted teeth as I tried to stand back up. I wasn't too surprised when I was pushed back down. Wincing as someone stepped on my hand, I saw Y/N and other people stumble down themselves. Before I finally staggered up, I felt something sharp slightly cut the same hand. "AGH! Fuck," I scowled.

It wasn't until I finally got back to the entrance to the gym I realized the room was a bit small. I snapped out of my gaze as Y/N caught up to me.

"Side of the school.." was all she said as she gripped her shoulder, almost trying to avoid looking at the room the dance was in.

A/N:  alright alright alright listen up.
first off, i apologize once again for not updating as much. i'm a bit stressed out at the moment but i'm gonna try to get writing again :D

and second, school is about to start soon for me, so updates are most likely not gonna be frequent.
i WILL try my best to get at least one chapter out for you before it starts!!

wowWEE THIS WAS A LONG CHAPTERRRRR

(not really i think it was like 1400 somethin words lmao)

and as always, i really hope you enjoyed this chapter :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 206 11
Connor has been waving through a window his whole life. Finally, when it was least expected, someone waves back - I've written 2 other Connor fanfics...
666 70 23
What if Connor Murphy lived, and things between him and Evan had played out differently? My take on TreeBros. I know this AU has been done a LOT, but...
59 18 17
This story is about an 18 yr old girl who feel lost and broken. She had once felt complete when she was with her cousin and her friends. Then at the...
1.3K 49 7
Going on a ski trip with your best friend, Zoe Murphy, seemed like an amazing idea. But what will happen when her and her parents get stuck in a snow...