Just another Summer

By MadisonHickman

Abbie Goldstein is a 16 year old girl, and she is graduating 11th grade. This summer she is reaching for Adve... More

Abbie's Epic Summer
Chapter 1-The Last Day of School
Chapter 2- Meeting Jayden
Chapter 3- Out for the year
Chapter 4- The list
Chapter 5- Swimming with trouble
Chapter 6- The great Coaster pt. 1
Chapter 6 pt.2 Dueling Dragons and Harry Potter
Chapter 7-Hannah's B-day
Chapter 8- The Fight
Chapter 9- Girls pick
Update
Chapter 10-Adam and Jayden's new look
Chapter 11- Adam and Hannah's Date Disaster
Chapter 13- The Perfect Date
Chapter 14- Unfortunate Events
Chap 15- Bad Conditions
Chapter 16- The Hospital
Chap 17- Movie Day
Authors note
Chap 18- A Happy Day
Chapter 20- A New Love
Chapter 21- jealousy

Chapter 12- Awful Boys Prank

220 2 4
By MadisonHickman

 I woke up early, and just laid in bed and stared at the ceiling. I could not believe my brother had a soft side around Hannah! Last night after Hannah showered about two or three times,(each time she came out me or Tatiana found some more chocolate somewhere in her hair) she told us the entire story. From the moment they drove away to the moment the pulled back in the house.

I was so going to use this to tease Adam, nobody knows he really had a sweet side; he’s always acting all tough. Hannah said that she may or not be falling in love with Adam, but because of the fiasco last night, Adam was taking her on a, and she quotes ‘much better’ date tonight.  I had went online and looked up places where Adam could take Hannah tonight, and it was perfect.

Today was boys pick, so they were getting revenge on us.

Since Tatiana and Hannah slept over, Hannah was in the bed sleeping next to me and Tatiana was stretched out in a sleeping bag across the floor. Not wanting to wake them, I climbed out of the bed as gently as I could, so I wouldn’t wake up Hannah and stepped over Tatiana to get to my door.  Once I was at the door, I tried to turn the knob. It wouldn’t go.

Figures. I tried to twist the knob and turn it then even kicked the door a few times and it wouldn’t budge. Then I realized something…

During the night Adam and Jayden had switched the door around, so now it only locks from the outside, so me, Tatiana, and Hannah were locked in my bedroom! Arg I am so mad. The boys have something planned I just know it. Hannah and Tatiana have woken up by now, they were staring at me wondering why I was kicking at the door.

I just decided that they would unlock it, and I could just go take a shower. Once I turnd the hot water on and stepped in the shower I knew something was wrong. This was their lame attempt to prank us..

Once I got the shampoo in my hair I realized that the shampoo was turnin blue, meaning there was a bue dye in it. This was a pathetic prank so far, but maybe they would get better. I figured it was nothing so I continued to wash my hair. I heard the door open, but I assumed it was Hannah or Tatiana. Once they left I grabbed my towel and got out. Then I saw a problem. I went to open my dresser, and ALL of my clothes were gone. Even the underwear and pajamas, my door was locked again and I sighed. The door opened and Adam threw some clothes in. I grabbed them thinking they got me some good clothes but I was wrong. It was 3 large oversized t-shirts, cargo shorts, and boxers. From my BROTHERS closet.

I shook my head and sighed, they were terrible pranksters. I tossed a shirt and shorts to Hannah and Tatiana and they stared at it confused. “Part of the boys idiotic prank, they wont let us out unless we’re either naked or wearing these clothes and they took the rest of our clothes.

They both shook their heads. “Oldest tricks in the book, they are so lame.” Tatiana said.

“Oh, and unless you want blue hair I don’t suggest showering.” I told them. I ran to my bathroom and plugged in my blow dryer and put the clothes on. I had a plan.

I got my scissors and went out to fin Tatiana and Hannah wearing the shirts, but they wouldn’t dare put on the boxers, they were wearing their underwear.   So because I happened to own a sewing machine, I was going to make some modifications to Adam’s clothes.

I made the girls change back into their pajamas so I would have the clothes, I took the scissors and cut the large t-shirts across the bottom, to make a crop top. Then I cut the sleeves and neck so it looked like a tank top. I sewed on some patterns and designs into the straps and sewed the words “I’m cute” on the front, now it looked more like a girls shirt. I did the same with all 3 shirts and threw two at Hannah and Tatiana. With the pants, there wasn’t much to do so I just made the waist size smaller for us to wear and cut the legs shorter. Now the shirts looked like tank top and the shorts looked like small cargo shorts. I took the boxers, and sewed them all together and made them into a line, then sewed some ponys on them. I knocked on the door and said “Adam, Jayden, we’re ready!” They laughed and opened the door then stopped. We actually looked good in our changed outfits and some of the color came out so it looked like I had dark blue highlights, I loved it.

The boys stood there staring at us. I finally snapped my fingers at them and said “You forgot one thing Adam, I’m the fashion master, I can make anything look good” then me, Hannah, and Tatiana walked past them down the hall and turned on the TV. Sometime later I heard the drill, and I knew they were putting my door back in the right place.  I knew that Adam had a date planned for Hannah, so I told her we should go to her house to help her get ready.

Me, Tatiana, and Hannah climbed in my jeep and we drove down the road to Hannah’s house,  she only lived about two blocks away. When we went in her house Mrs.Burg said hi and we can just go do what we want, Hannah’s little sister wasn’t home. Hannah ran into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of Doritos and we went down the hall to her room. Hannah had a nice house, but it was only one floor so it seemed small.

She had a huge bedroom with connecting bathroom and everything anyone could want in a bedroom. A queen size bed in the middle of the room against the wall, a flat screen and 3-seater couch with loveseat in a corner, a set of bunk beds in the other corner, me and Tatiana slept over a lot. Large set of dressers in a huge walk-in closet filled with dress after dress after dress. Silk, casual, sundresses, you name it she has it. All the top brands and style. Large wood desk with lamp and a high quality apple laptop, room for her textbooks and schoolwork, and all kinds of desk accessories like posters on the wall and a bulletin board covered in notes or drawings.

On her bed was 100% black Egyptian cotton sheets with a pretty flower quilt, and pink pillow cases on the many pillows in her bed. Her cat, muffin was curled up on the bed sleeping.  Hannah had a huge master bathroom attached to her bedroom with granite countertops, a large shower, and separate Jacuzzi bathtub.

I ran strait to the closet to find an outfit for Hannah’s date tonight, while Tatiana got out her famous makeup box and Hannah ran to her bathroom to shower. I was digging through her dresser marked “casual summer” and found a few things. I found a pair of denim shorts, black rubber flip flops, a solid neon yellow tank top, and a ponytail and hairbrush to pull her hair back.

I heard Hannah coming out of the bathroom. She had a towel wrapped around her and her hair was wet and dripping. I threw the clothes at Hannah and told her to go change. While she was changing, I plugged in my flat iron and blow dryer in an outlet by her desk, and Tatiana set her makeup box in the desk by the laptop so Hannah could sit in the chair. Since this wasn’t any formal date, we were going for a natural look, and to cover some spots or marks on her face.

HANNAH POV

Once I put on the shorts and shirt, I walked back out of the bathroom. Tonight was a surprise date and Tatiana and Abbie had their lips sealed, the only hint I had was the clothing, but that only told me that it wasn’t a formal date.

I went back in my room to find Abbie holding a brush in one hand and the blow dryer in another, and Tatiana was setting out various light pink colors for makeup, a natural look. After about 20 minutes of blow drying my hair, Abbie gave up. My hair was long and thick, so it took at least an hour to sry is completely.

“Oh well, it’ll dry where your going” Abbie told me then winked at me.

“Can you please tell me?” I whined.

“NO!” Tatiana and Abbie practically shouted.

“Alright alright…” I said. Abbie pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and put my sunglasses on my head.

“Trust me, you’ll want the ponytail” she told me

I heard the car pull up outside the house, so I knew Adam must be here to get me. I heard my mom open the door and let Adam in.

I heard my mom tell him “You can just take a seat in the living room, the girls should be out shortly” and I heard the clacking of Adam’s shoes against the wood floor.

After Tatiana gave me a light layer of makeup, Abbie put a solid black cap on my head, pulling the ponytail through the back. She gave me a quick spray of her perfume and we went out of my bedroom.

As I thought, Adam was sitting on the couch watching TV and when he heard us walk in the room he turned around and smiled at me. Tatiana and Abbie climbed in Abbie’s blue jeep, and me and Adam got in his bright green jeep. They drove off to Tatiana’s house, Abbie was staying in Tatiana’s house tonight.

Me and Adam chatted in the car, and he refused to tell me where we going.

After about an hour drive of singing to every song in the radio, making faces at other cars, and just making fools of ourselves, Adam pulled up to the location and my jaw dropped when I saw where we were.

No freaking way!

___________________________________________________

so where is Adam taking  Hannah? Its a lovely surprise...

I have looked at each of my chapters, and was a little dissapointed. In my first chapter it had 100 reads, and as each chapter passed the number dropped and i only had 21 reads on the most recent chapter.

For those of you who are reading, thank you for contiuing instead of dropping my story like some may have.

Thank you whoever IS reading this, I don't understand why people didn't contine.

Anyways, vote, comment, and keep reading my lovely burritos! ^.^

Yes you guys are my burritos.

-Madison <3

Continue Reading