Taking cover

By Battle_Penguin54

"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting... More

CHAPTER 1: Missing
CHAPTER 2: My Life
CHAPTER 3: Unexpected Stranger
CHAPTER 4: The boss
CHAPTER 5: Mission
CHAPTER 6: Control
CHAPTER 7: Late
CHAPTER 8: False Information
CHAPTER 9: Close one
CHAPTER 10: A worthy Opponent
CHAPTER 11: Task
CHAPTER 12: Lock n' load
CHAPTER 13: The Plan
CHAPTER 14: A completely Normal Stakeout
CHAPTER 15: Hospital
CHAPTER 16: Screw Up
CHAPTER 17: Search
CHAPTER 18: Wounded
CHAPTER 19: Is this even qualified as an interrogation?
CHAPTER 20: Be Nice
CHAPTER 21: I'm here to help
CHAPTER 22: Thinking
CHAPTER 23: Suspicious
CHAPTER 24: Taking Action
CHAPTER 25: The Lab
CHAPTER 26: Apprehending the Traitor
CHAPTER 27: Bad Day
CHAPTER 28: Memory loss
CHAPTER 29: Quarters
CHAPTER 30: Are you sure its just a dream?
CHAPTER 31: Behind You
CHAPTER 32: Surprise!
CHAPTER 33: Freedom
CHAPTER 34: 6 Days
CHAPTER 35: DAY ONE
CHAPTER 36: Cut Short
CHAPTER 37: Back home?
CHAPTER 38: The Plan
CHAPTER 39: Just Acting
CHAPTER 40: Rescue
Chapter 41: Your Soul
CHAPTER 42: Do you Rememeber?
CHAPTER 43: The Greatest Friends!
CHAPTER 44: Nothing
CHAPTER 45: Forwards
CHAPTER 46: "Check Up"
CHAPTER 47: Number eight
CHAPTER 48: Frisk's Condition
CHAPTER 49: His Weakness
CHAPTER 50: The Riddle
CHAPTER 51: An awkward morning
CHAPTER 52: Her lastname
CHAPTER 53: New Clothes
CHAPTER 54: Expensive doors
CHAPTER 55: The Machine
CHAPTER 57: Still with me
CHAPTER 58: Frisk
CHAPTER 59: She ran
CHAPTER 60: The Voicemail
CHAPTER 61: Hate
CHAPTER 62: Frisk? Or 'Frisk'?
CHAPTER 63: The Liar
CHAPTER 64: Complicated
CHAPTER 65: Confusion
CHAPTER 66: It always has been
CHAPTER 67: Rest, then Work
CHAPTER 68: Friends
CHAPTER 69: Sans' Fear
CHAPTER 70: To protect
CHAPTER 71: He hates it
CHAPTER 72: Where's Papyrus?
CHAPTER 73: Scared
CHAPTER 74: Orange Maple Syrup
CHAPTER 75: This Title is LIT
CHAPTER 76: Right here
CHAPTER 77: Title number 77
CHAPTER 78: Are you guys even reading these?
CHAPTER 79: this isnt the end
CHAPTER 80: The first fall
CHAPTER 81: He won't get better
CHAPTER 82: Her only desire
CHAPTER 83: Can you seperate reality from imagination?
CHAPTER 84: DICE
CHAPTER 85: Lets talk.. not really
CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
CHAPTER 87: the last time
CHAPTER 88: Its not their fault
CHAPTER 89: Gone
CHAPTER 90: Gullible
CHAPTER 91: And so would you
CHAPTER 92: Chara is there
CHAPTER 93: Hostage situation
CHAPTER 94: Frisk
CHAPTER 95: A Tained Soul
CHAPTER 96: Losing her
CHAPTER 97: Love
CHAPTER 98: Together!
CHAPTER 99: Off the Radar
CHAPTER 100: Taking Cover

CHAPTER 56: A creature lurking

1.5K 82 129
By Battle_Penguin54

"Sir! She woke up!"

"The girl we took? Where is she?"

"In the labs. We're checking her vitals."

"Does she remember anything?"

"Her full name. Frisk Dreamurr."

"She shouldn't know that with the amount given to her. We should up the number of flowers. Give her more."

"Sir the dosage was incredibly large. It made her fall into a 2 year coma. She's 8 years old. She could die."

"Are you sure about that statement?"

"Yes. The chief doctor said we shouldn't give her anymore flowers or her life will be at risk."

"Alright. But make sure she never knows of any monster names. Especially pertaining to Asgore."

"Sir, you do realize we have an alliance with the MMO's boss, right? She will find out?"

"The MMO is now our enemy. We will take them down but we need to use hem for a while. Asgore has found out about our.... experiments."

"Yessir."

Frisk POV:

After the surprised faces among the two monsters passed, Sans finally gave the Ok for me to step into the machine.

Sans looked uncomfortable about doing this and came to me in a mumble. "If anything feels wrong, tell us to stop the machine."

I guess Sans has a bad feeling too. I thought he would trust his colleagues more..
Or maybe it's the machine itself?

The doors opened  up with a loud rumble at the touch of the small control panel that Alphys held in her claws.

The wires and tubes that were attached to it swung slightly as the rusty doors opened with an ear-piercing slide.
Sans seemed to wince too at the loud, sudden noise, but regained his composure and switched back to his lazy, poker face.

Afterwards, I could see the dark inside of the machine. It was black, and It had a lot of room in it, enough for me to sit down and stretch my legs if I really wanted to.

I stepped inside with a gulp of doubt. Everything is going to be fine.

I turned to face Sans and Alphys, who were standing a bit further away. Probably out of safety. Sans gave my a slight nod and I looked away, stepping fully into the machine.

The rusty doors closed with another horrid sound, much less than the first time, but still bad. They could have used some oil at least.

A small window was shown as I could see Sans and Alphys talking. She was probably explaining how the machine could work by how she was gesturing with her hands. I could hear them speaking just barely as the muffled voices through the steel door sounded.

I don't think they will be able to hear me.

"Sans! Alphys!" I shouted slightly. The two didn't turn. They were fully engaged into the conversation.

I kept looking or at the window before they both turned to me, as if they were saying if I was good.
I have them a thumbs up, to ready myself in the machine.

It's best if they don't know. Sans will freak if he knew that he couldn't hear me.

Of course, Sans looked concerned when I only sent a smile and a thumbs up, and he looked over at Alphys as if to tell her to wait.

I couldn't lip read Sans, so I couldn't tell if he was talking to me or not. He walked closer, as if he were right next to the door.

His muffled sounds turned into words that I could just barely make out.
'Can ya hear me, kiddo?' He said, very faintly I guess.

I nodded and spoke louder than usual. "Yeah."

He nodded and turned back to face Alphys as she looked at Sans to back up. Of course, Sans backed up only slightly, so he would be able to hear me if I needed to get out.

I watched as Alphys presses the button painfully slowly, and the machine roared to life, rumbling in the inside, slightly shaking from the vibrations.

Sans looked at the machine in wonder, and then back to me with a look of concern.

A mist-like substance started to crawl out of the walls, out of holes I couldn't see due to the darkened substance in the inside.

It filled the window and I had to wipe it to keep it clear for me to see them.

At first it was fine. A small pain in my chest, which was fine. It felt like a small heartburn at most.

Memories played in my head. Memories that weren't mine. Knowledge and more knowledge poured into my mind and I felt like My head was going to burst.

The pain suddenly grew. As if everywhere hurt the most. A pain in my chest and the memories in my head escalated to my everything and everywhere hurting as if I were being ripped in half.

I had stopped wiping the window. The pain was too unbearable to ever move a muscle.
I could hear everything. My senses we're expanding as a fast rate.

I let out a scream of agony and held my head in pain. My head hurt the most.
The knowledge and things that felt so natural to me. The underground? Monsters?

King Asgore Dreamurr?

I could remember things I shouldn't remember. Things that kept pouring into my head like I should know them already but I don't.
It's like an entire lifetime of mine is coming back but it isn't mine.

I've never seen these places that these memories were showing me, The ruins? Snowdin? Waterfall?

I slammed myself against the door, screaming again, and heard muffled screams over mine from the outside. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't see.

I can't see them anymore.
I put my hands onto where the glass should have been. It was still there. I was still conscious.

My heart hurt. My soul hurt.
The mist was thick. And the knowledge kept pouring into my head. I thought I was going to explode.

"SOMEONE LET ME OUT!" I screamed once again, letting out my last few breaths.
The agony twisted into anger. Anger that wasn't there anymore.

I banged on the door multiple times, begging Them to open the doors and let me escape this agony.
A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me followed by a giggle that let sent shivers up my spine.

Everything was blurred. I couldn't understand what was going on.
5/10 HP

The knowledge I could retain, as if I had already known this. I have seen this machine before. It had a different function.

It's all coming back.

I can't keep up with the information.
I'm going to die!

I stumbled to the ground, my vision blackening  slightly as a pair of legs appeared just as the arms around me disappeared.

There was blood around me, but no wound. As if my own body was losing blood and taking the blunt of the force.

The girl in front of me held my chin to face her eyes as to I couldn't move my own body anymore.
Her eyes were red. And it felt like I was looking into a mirror, rather than real life.

She had a sinister grin. And mouthed words I could no longer hear. My senses were failing.

I was in the back corner, slumped over, falling unconscious, as the girl stood and watched me. She laughed at my pain. At my sorrow.

Like a beast that had been unleashed, she stood there, unharmed to the effects of the machine. Was it targeting me?

I can remember them. Sans. Asgore. Undyne. Alphys. Toriel. Papyrus.
I knew them all. I've known them for a long time. They're fading again.

Why are they fading? These feelings I have for them. Like family. These memories. Friends.
Why did I forget?

Why am I forgetting again?

Sans..

"Sleep well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 96 21
"Everyone has their story, but ours is no fairytale. We lived it. We both endured it. God, I just wonder why it all went so wrong..." "Not all of it...
29.2K 804 22
{COMPLETED} When Frisk climbed Mt. Ebott, she had expected to simply be erased from existence. But instead, she awoke Underground, and found herself...
4.2K 180 34
#6-mafiatale (WOO!) 12-21-22 ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ this will have shooting, swearing, gore, attempted sexual advances, and other triggering content. If you a...
2.3K 65 26
Was this truly the last RESET? Sans wondered. But he knew only Frisk would tell, only this young girl would decide his future. He hated the thought o...