Fallen Angel✔| Ayato Kirishim...

By ThyatiraKaupa

You're the only human worth saving-Ayato Kirishima _ Ayato hated the humans with a burning passion. They ripp... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
IMPORTANT NOTE
Authors Note.
GOOD NEWS.

[11]

15K 550 488
By ThyatiraKaupa

A/N; Their both 12 by the way.

____

It had been almost an year and Ayato was diligent with his promise to pick (Y/N) up after school and dropping her off.

Every morning when he did drop her off, Cho would be right by the entrance of the school, waiting for the two.

It was like routine, she'd tease them about how cute they looked walking together and Ayato would call her blind banshee, to which she usually yells something insulting back and the two would banter for a few minutes before (Y/N) has to jump between the two in case Cho pounces on Ayato for calling her short. Of course he hadn't met Aito yet because he was always late and usually the last one to leave school.

In the afternoon she leaves school five minutes before everyone else so she doesn't keep him waiting, so when he arrives they're leaving immediately.

(Y/N) felt like she succeeded in life, as if she won a gold medal or climbed Mt. Everest in an hour, ever since Ayato admitted that they were friends. Okay, maybe it wasn't exactly a direct answer and more or so a panicked blurt but that was better than nothing--correction waaayy better than nothing.

She was ecstatic. Her one goal was completed. Now to move in to the seconds phrase; which consisted of taking this friendship relationship to the next level. Best friends.

She felt somewhat closer to him somehow, like she was finally bringing down his wall and all she had to do was take care of the defense military. It was as complex as that in her head because Ayato was unlike anyone she ever met. He was cold and harsh, angry at the world, yet she could see a part of him that he thought wasn't visible. A part of him that he thought he always hid so well. She saw him, not this tough facade he put up as a representation of himself, but the real Ayato. She'd catch a glimpse of him, whether in a faint smile, an annoyed expression or when his beautiful purple blue orbs softened as he gazed at her. And she was determined to make sure that it lasted more than just a split second.

Touka had told her what happened to both of them. It was tragic and unfair. No wonder Ayato seemed so bitter and hated the world; he was robbed of his parents just because they weren't human. It seemed unfair for that to happen to someone that was so sweet and childish. It changed him.

(Y/N) remembered what Touka said when she asked what Ayato was like before their parents were gone.

She remembered the sad smile and her distant eye's as she spoke, "he was cheerful, and carefree. Always smiling, seeing the positive side of everything. So optimistic and childish and innocent of the world's hatred to our kind. He was happy, something he rarely is now. I kinda miss that sparkle in his eye's when he laughed, and smiled."

"Kinda?" (Y/N) had asked. She knew that she'd give anything to see Ayato laugh and smile with that special sparkle in his beautiful blue eyes, or to see him carefree and cheerful and happy.

Touka smile and said, "kinda because I see flashes of that sparkle in his eyes when he's with you. I hope someday you wipe that scowl of his face so he can smile just like he used to before. I know you will. You're already doing it without even realizing it."

"Focus." A stern voice commanded before a the base of his foot connected with her stomach and sent her flying into the air.

She landed with a thud, luckily for her, she landed on the ground instead of on the concrete wall. Groaning she got up, spitting out blood.

Renji tilted his head to the side as he assessed the young girl. She improved drastically, almost but a worthy opponent in just two years, but now she didn't seem as focused on the task at hand. Her eyes seemed distant and her movements were lacking precision and grace.

"Sorry Sensei." She apologized and quickly ducked to avoid a punch.

"You're not here." He stated, dodging as she punched and side stepped her, than he rammed his hand against her side, causing her to stumble forward.

She turned back around and got into her fighting stance. "I just have a lot on my mind with school and stuff." She lied smoothly. "I apologize."

He didn't respond as he jumped forward, on instinct she backflipped. She landed on her knees, and looked up. He advanced again, and she blocked and punched smoothly. He dodged just as effortlessly.

The rest of the training session was done without any conversation. Renji's strikes were hard and precise, when he blocked he quickly counter-attacked; all his movements were done with an enviable grace and effortless flow of movement. (Y/N)'s was quick and her movements were nimble and fast with a certain childish grace in her flow of movement. It wasn't as graceful as Renji's but she'd like to think she was a few years close to that.

After training she rested for a few minutes and than they made their way home.

They emerged into the city from the abandoned underground train station (Y/N) was training in. As usual Renji was quiet, nodding to show that he was listening as (Y/N) talked about things like her theory of a revolution of plants coming to life and taking over the planet.

She paused halfway, spotting a street vendor's selling fish cakes, it made her stomach growl.

"I'm starving. Can we get something to eat?" (Y/N) asked politely with a smile. By we she meant herself, since ghouls don't eat, she just liked to be polite that way.

Renji smiled fondly down at the twelve year old (H/C) haired girl and nodded. She grinned and raced ahead into one of the stalls by the roadside.

"How may I help you little lady?" The guy behind the counter asked.

"I'll have the sweetest dish here." She chirped as Renji entered.

The chef nodded, his gaze shifting to the blonde haired man that just entered. He suddenly looked intimidated. Who wouldn't be?

Renji took his seat beside (Y/N), blank eyes still on the chef.

After a few minutes the chef gave (Y/N)'s order and turned to Renji.

"What,uh, can I get you, ahem, sir?" He asked timidly.

"Coffee."

The guy quickly nodded and set to it.

(Y/N) chuckled. People usually got the wrong vibe when they saw Mr Yomo. Sure he was indeed a ghoul and had the power to be a really strong one if he set his mind to it but that was unlike him. He reached a certain level of peace that was almost intimidating.

While (Y/N) practically inhaled her food, Renji watched with a mixture of horror and awe, awed at how much such a small timid girl could eat and horrified by the speed at which she was shoving it in her mouth.

"Are you gonna drink that?" She asked the astounded men innocently when she was done scowling her food down like a mad women. She was gracefully dabbing the corners of her pink lips ever so gently, as if she was having tea with the empress of China.

Renji nodded distractedly. "Y-yeah."

She grinned at him cutely and turned to the cashier and gave him his well deserved money. It was a few minutes later when Renji finished.

He led the way as they walked back to Anteiku. The sun was done setting over the tall sky scrapers as the neon signs lit the sidewalk and pedestrian, humans and ghouls alike, bustled around; some in a rush to go home, some just enjoying a late night stroll.

They turned down the street, moving into a less crowded and almost empty street.

(Y/N) skipped along, happy with her snack and a bit giddy at the fact that this time she survived training without breaking a bone or badly bruising herself. She didn't realize until it hit her.

The feeling of nostalgia. She tried to push it aside but it was nagging at this point. She frowned. Wandering what could possibly cause that at a happy time like this?

Than they reached an all too familiar alley that separated into different alleys. One that was where more people were, where there was light and cars and life, than there was another alley.

She froze. Feeling her heart stop and her legs turn weak, not in that cheesy way like she read in books - no - she felt like she could collapse any moment, like an accident waiting to happen. She suddenly felt weak and helpless, just like two year ago. She wanted to move, to follow her Sensei to the other alley but as she stared into the narrow dark eerie alley, her eye's wide and her emotions numbed, her whole body seemed to be on lockdown. She felt herself tremble as a lump formed at her throat. Her eyes stung involuntarily and she cursed herself for still being this weak after two years.

That was where . . . This was where--

She gasped as she felt a heavy hand rest gently on her small tensed shoulders. She looked up and saw Renji. He was staring down at her with a gentle look, his eyes soft and his warm smile filled with understanding and reassurance. It was like they exchanged a few unspoken words in that one moment.

He understood her loss and pain and reassured her that it was going to be okay, that was what she understood in his smile and gentle eyes. That silence was gold. That comforting silence was all (Y/N) needed and for once she was thankful that he was a man of few to none words.

She relaxed her tenses shoulders and turned to the dark haunting alley. She wasn't sure how but she saw the ghost of her past self. Little ten year old (Y/N) heaving her many shopping bags along in front as her parents watched her lovingly from behind. Kim had her arms around the small of Denji's back, her head leaning on his shoulders affectionately and his arms wrapped around her slim waist and his other hand holding her other free hand against his chests.

A tear slipped (Y/N)'s eyes as she watched them both stop. They both turned and though she couldn't see their eyes because it was closed shut, their smiles were enough to make a silent sob break through her. She trembled as more tears escaped her eyes and her bottom lip quivered.

Little ten year old (Y/N) ahead turned and smiled widely at her parents as she exclaimed something that seemed to be too far away to hear. Denji and Kim turned, hand in hand, they followed ten year old (Y/N) and dissappeared into thin air

(Y/N) sunk down to her knees, tears falling down her cheeks freely. Renji watched the small girl break down. He knelt down and rubbed her back as she let out everything she was holding in. All the pain, loss, sorrow, anger, everything she felt was released.

She was so tired afterwards that he lifted her up, carrying her bridal style and jumping into the night air. From roof to roof he jumped swiftly, as if all she weighed was a feather.

By the time he landed at the front doorsteps of Anteiku, it was very dark and (Y/N) had fallen asleep, cradled in his arms like a baby.

Inside Anteiku almost everyone was asleep.

Almost.

Ayato paced back and forth by the front door of the shop. He'd stop once in a while, sighed and swear at the clock for running so fast when he didn't need it to at this particular time, than he'd go back to pacing.

It was 11 pm and though his eyes were drooping, he couldn't sleep. As annoying as it was, it didn't seem natural for him to sleep without that shrimp knocking on his door and saying goodnight.

She was out training since the afternoon and now it was almost midnight. The hell was taking so long?

He groaned and clawed at his hair in annoyance. That shrimp, she was going to wake up three o'clock for school tomorrow for keeping him awake this late!

He didn't wanna think about why he was even up waiting for her or why it was hard to catch a wink without seeing her smile sweetly at him and wishing him goodnight.

He groaned. "Why are they so late?" He hissed impatiently.

Suddenly the door creaked open and the bell chimed.

"What took so l--" he froze, his breath hitching as he saw her curled up in Mr Yomo's arms. He suddenly forgot all about his sleepiness, being jolted awake.

"What happened? Is she okay?" He found himself blurting as he rushed over to her side.

Renji nodded. "She'll be alright. Take her to her room."

Ayato nodded quickly, not even bothering to correct his eagerness at the moment. He held his hands out and Renji placed (Y/N) in Ayato's waiting arm.

Mr Yomo pulled back but stopped when she had her hand loosely around his jacket. She opened her eyes softly. "Dad." She whispered, her voice cracking before her fingertips went limp and her sleepiness claimed her as she released her grip on his jacket.

Ayato's watched as Renji's features turned from blank to a stunned expression so fast. He stared down at the young girl fondly before he smiled faintly and turned, walking away without a word.

Ayato took her to her room, up the stairs and down the hallway. He had no problem opening the door and slipping into her small room.

He stopped by her bed and finally had the courage to look down at her. A sense of ďè ja vu hit him hard as he stared at her rosy tear stained cheeks, cute red nose and thick feather-like eye lashes that were still wet. Her pink lips were slightly parted as she breathed softly.

He clenched his jaw. She looked exactly like this when he saved her, except she didn't weigh a tone and she wasn't as pretty as this when she was ten.

He swallowed and gently dropped her by the bed, making sure to curl her fingers so she didn't grab onto him like last time.

He gently spread the white blanket over her curled up frame and raised it under her chin.

The luminous beams from the bright moonlight made her look more angelic than usual. He frowned as he bent down slightly and hesitantly brushed her (H/C) hair away from her eyes and cheeks. Her cheeks were slightly glistened, he wiped her cheek gently and felt her shiver under his touch. Her skin was smooth and soft yet cold. Her pink lips slowly tucked up into an unconscious smile, as if his touch alone warded off all the demond from the depths of hell.

He sighed and straightened his back, pinching the bridge of his nose, "idiot. You're a complete weirdo, doing it again. Just let her sleep and get the hell out Ayato." He muttered annoyingly to himself.

He walked out but stopped at the door. He glanced in to make sure she was sound asleep and when he saw her in the exact same position he had just left her, he smiled faintly and walked out, shutting the door behind him quietly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.2K 2.5K 19
How unexpected it was that your new classmates were ghouls. And so were the following events after. *ghoul x human* ~~ RANKING: #46 in Tokyo [COMPLE...
165K 5.7K 25
"I'm no hero. But I will love you, even if it kills me." Ayato Kirishima It had been five years since (Y/N) (L/N) had left Tokyo city. Now she's fina...
264K 6.9K 25
⚠️1ST BOOK OF THE TOKYO GHOUL SERIES⚠️ ➖➖ ●C O M P L E T E D● Time had seem to...
1.8K 30 7
Note*- I can never remember how old everyone is. So all characters have been aged up a bit." Warning, Lemon, The doves took everything from Ayato an...