Times Will Change [6] (The Pa...

By Turtlii

The Doctor and the Stone are back in their Universe with the crack in time gone and their companions married... More

Times Will Change
Prologue
A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol - Two
A Christmas Carol - Four
Space and Time
The Impossible Astronaut
The Impossible Astronaut - Two
Day of the Moon
Day of the Moon - Two
Mixed Feelings
Curse of the Black Spot
Curse of the Black Spot - Two
Curse of the Black Spot - Three
The Time Lords Best Friend
The Time Lords Best Friend - Two
The Time Lords Best Friend - Three
The Rebel Flesh
The Rebel Flesh - Two
The Almost People
The Almost People - Two
When Good People Go To War
When Good People Go To War - Two
Let's Kill Hitler
Let's Kill Hitler - Two
Bad Night
Night Terrors
Night Terrors - Two
Good Night
The Girl Who Waited
The Girl Who Waited - Two
First Night
The God Complex
The God Complex - Two
The God Complex - Three
Last Night
Closing Time
Closing Time - Two
Closing Time - Three
The Secret of The Doctor
The Secret of River Song
The Secret of the Stone

A Christmas Carol - Three

609 27 0
By Turtlii

The Time Lords soon found the origins of the signing. The woman Kazran had shown them before kneeling on the ground stroking the shark softly singing.

They spotted Kazran watching close by and quietly walked up to him, the Stone brushing some of the ice off of the Doctors jacket and then some of her own before he shook his head at her taking her hand. "It's not really the singing, of course." The Doctor informed Kazran in a whisper.

"Yes, it is." He narrowed his eyes a little at the Doctor.

"Nah."

"The fish love the singing. It's true." Kazran shot back at him.

"Nah. The notes resonate in the ice crystals, causing a delta wave pattern in the fog." He then hit the back of his neck. "Ow. A fish bit me."

"That was actually me lightly hitting you." The Stone admitted. "I'm trying to enjoy the Song sweetheart.

"Of course." He whispered. "That's how the machine controls the cloud belt. The clouds are ice crystals. If you vibrate the crystals at exactly the right frequency, you could align them into- ow!" He exclaimed before glaring at the Time Lady.

"That was actually the fish." The Stone chuckled kissing his cheek. "Perhaps you should just stay quiet and listen, Doctor."

"I think that's a good idea." He whispered pulling her a little closer, his arm snaking around her waist so he could firmly hold her against him as the singing continued a soft kiss being pressed to the Time Lady's head by the Time Lord.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"It's bigger on the inside," Kazran said in awe and amazement. His eyes wondering around the bright orange interior of the TARDIS.

"Yeah, it's the colour." The Doctor joked making sure the Shark was going to stay in the cryochamber. "Really knocks the walls back."
He then hit on the door of the chamber. "Shark in a box, to go."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"This is amazing." The young woman named Abigail looked around the TARDIS beaming.

"Nah, this is transport." The Doctor waved them off after pulling a lever, the Cryochamber now inside the TARDIS. Grinning the Doctor took the Stone's hand and ran to the doors of the TARDIS opening them. "We keep amazing out here." He grinned seeing the look on Kazran and Abigail's faces when they saw the cloud layer they were currently in as well as the millions of fish swimming around in the cloud.

"Come on, then." He moved over to the chamber letting Kazran and Abigail have a better look for a moment. "Let's get this shark out."

Wasting no time the Time Lords managed to get the Shark out and back into the cloud layer. They stood back watching

They faintly smiled as Kazran sneakily took a picture of Abigail as she stared out into the cloud layer watching the Shark swim around the fish. "Hey, look at her go." Kazran laughed pointing. The Doctor fondly shook his head and closed the door of the cryochamber, both the Time Lords glanced at each other seeing the numbers '000 008' on the front of the chamber. "Abigail, this number." The Doctor started tilting his head a little trying to at least figure out what the number '8' meant. "What does it mean?"

"It pertains to me, sir, not the fish."

"Yeah, but how?"

She looked between the Doctor and the Stone with a gingerly expression on her face before promptly opening her mouth to speak. You are a doctor, you say? Are you one of mine?"

"Why?" The Stone curiously asked. "Abigail do you need a doctor?"

Abigail opened her mouth to speak, no words, however, came out, the Stone frowned once more curiosity taking over as something sounding very much like a microwave beeped distracting the Doctor. The Stone gave Abigail one more curious look before joining the Doctor, standing beside him at the console.

"Ah. Sorry. Time's up, kids."

"Why?" Kazran sighed moaning, his shoulder slumping back

"It's nearly Christmas Day." The Doctor joyfully grinned.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"If you should ever wish to visit again-" Abigail started now standing in her chamber back where it was before.

"Well, you know, if we're ever in the neighbourhood." The Doctor shrugged cutting her off.

"They come every Christmas Eve." Kazran grinned nodding at Abigail.

"What?" The Time Lords blinked at him.

"Yeah, they do. Every time. They promise."

"No, I don't." The Doctor shook his head as Kazran shut Abigails cryochamber.

The Doctor winced slightly. "No, we don't Doctor." The Stone firmly cut off his thought.

"But-"

"I will discuss this with you later." She shot pointing a finger at him.

"Yes, dear." He whispered grumbling slightly as she bent down slightly to look Kazran in the eye.

"Now, Kazran." She said a little nicer than how she spoke to the Doctor. "You best go to bed so Santa doesn't miss you eh?"

"Okay." He quietly mumbled nodding slightly. "Thank you, Doctor." He smiled up at the Time Lord then looked at the Stone. "Thank you, Stone." He then quickly disappeared.

The Stone nodded raising a brow at the Doctor who sighed and followed her out and back to the TARDIS. "What should we do now?" He questioned watching her move around the console, pulling levers and pressing buttons.

"We have to go and save that starship now." She gave him a pointed look before sighing slightly shaking her head and slowly moving to stand in front of him. "Sweetheart I know you want to but they're our companions and they need our help.

"This could help." He replied squeezing her hands. "If we give him a few Christmas eves with Abigail maybe he won't turn out how he is in the future, perhaps this is how we help the starship.

"Okay." The Stone sighed slowly nodding. "We can at least try that."

The Doctor blinked honestly not expecting her to listen and follow through with his idea so quickly. "Really?"

"Well, you are the only other person that is probably as smart as I am." She smiled. "It is quite a logical plan when you think about it." She hummed kissing his cheek.

"Thank you." He whispered kissing her for a moment before pulling away and resetting the coordinates. "Come along dear."

"Don't say that." She shot him a look. "That only works for the word 'Pond'."

"You're right." He scrunched up his nose in thought. "Sorry dear."

"Apology accepted." She smirked giving him a quick kiss and pulling down a lever.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Merry Christmas!" The Time Lords and Kazran explained. The Doctor and the young boy wearing Christmas hats while the Stone continued to have her beanie placed on her head.

"Doctor, Stone!" Abigail exclaimed as the Doctor sprinted off practically pulling the Stone behind him leaving Kazran to bring Abigail. "What are we going to do?"

"The Doctor's got a great plan." Kazran grinned pulling her along by her hand. "Wait till you hear."

----------------------------------------------------------------

"You are out of your mind. This will never work." Abigail shook her head at him an empty carriage behind them.

"You're right." The Stone nodded making the Doctor look at her and blink. "He is out of his mind, but this will work." She smirked at the Doctor pointed his half of his sonic screwdriver at the sky.

"Oh, don't think shark, think dolphin."

"A shark isn't a dolphin." Abigail corrected.

"It's nearly a dolphin."

"No, it isn't," Abigail said as the Stone laughed shaking her head at him.

"That's where you're wrong, because..." he narrowed his eyes at the giggling Time Lady. "Shut up dear."

"As if I'm going to listen to that." She snorted then kissed his cheek.

"It could be anywhere," Kazran said watching the Doctor. "Will it really come?"

"No chance. Completely impossible." There was suddenly a faint beeping coming from the sky. The Doctor then grinned. "Except at Christmas."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Stone let out a laugh as the sleigh with the shark flew through the air. Her and the Doctor somehow squished together in the front seat while Abigail and Kazran sat in the back. The Doctor grinned ordering the shark to go faster while quickly stealing a quick kiss on the lips off the Time Lady beside him.

"How are we going to get back?" Kazran shouted to them.

"I don't know." He laughed as the Stone shrugged a little. She had a small idea but wasn't going to suggest it just yet.

"Do either of you have a plan?" Abigail asked

"We don't know." The Doctor corrected himself broadly grinning as the shark spead up.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Best Christmas Eve ever." Abigail laughed saying goodbye to Kazran and the Time Lords, now standing in her cryochamber once more.

"Till the next one." Kazran grinned closing the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor and Stone continued visiting Kazran and Abigail every Christmas eve, hoping that it would somehow make Kazran a nicer man in the future so he would allow the starship through the cloud layer. They took the two on small adventures and showed them multiple players in the universe however mostly stayed on Earth showing them the past and future.

"Merry Christmas!" The Doctor, the Stone and an older Kazran who looked around the age of an older human teenager.

"Kazran." Abigail breathed not expecting him to look like he did as he shyly smiled back not able to help but look down at the ground for a moment.

The Doctor and Stone quickly returned to the TARDIS with Kazran and Abigail, the two of them busy moving around the console. "You've grown." Abigail quickly told Kazran.

"Yes." He slowly nodded.

"And now you're blushing." She chuckled.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head.

"That's okay."

"So, Doctor, Stone." Kazran looked between them after there was a long pause. "Where this time?"

"Pick a Christmas Eve." He grinned. "We've got them all right here."

"Might I make a request?" Abigail quietly cut in.

The Doctor and the Stone looked at each other momentarily before they both nodded the Stone answering for the both of them. "Of course."

----------------------------------------------------------------

The Doctor, Stone and Kazran followed Abigail around the streets and past the houses in the cold night before stopping, the young woman pointing at a small window. "This one."

Kazran frowned seeing a family walk around looking like they were preparing for Christmas. "Who are they?"

"Her family." The Doctor replied.

"The lady's her sister." The Stone let out a small sigh. "The Doctor and I met her once, when she was older."

"Abigail's crying," Kazran whispered to the Doctor seeing Abigail staring into the window a single tear rolling down her face.

"Yes." He nodded.

"When girls are crying, are you supposed to talk to them?" Kazran asked looking at the Stone who blinked.

"Well..." she said in thought for a moment.

"Yes." The Doctor nodded firmly wrapping an arm around the Time Lady's waist. "At least I think so... it works with my wife." He grinned before kissing her cheek.

Slowly Kazran nodded walking over to Abigail as the Doctor looked at the Stone. "Dear?" He questioned slightly curious as to why she didn't reply to Kazran.

"You always know don't you." She sighed. Shaking her head at him.

"I'm your husband. It's my job to know." He whispered letting her rest her head on his shoulder as they closely listened to Abigail and Kazran.

"My sister's family." The young woman sniffed. "They're so happy."

"They look very poor." He quietly muttered.

"They are very poor." She nodded her eyes fixed on the people moving around inside. "Doesn't mean you can't be happy."

Suddenly the curtains shut and Abigail sighed. "And then why aren't you?" Kazran then asked now looking at her.

"Because this is the life I can never have."

"Why not?"

Abigail never answered his question but he instantly knew it wasn't good when she tightly squeezed his hand.

"I think you're blushing again," Abigail whispered seeing the faint tint of pink appear on his cheeks at the squeeze of her hand.

Suddenly the curtains opened again the Doctor and the Stone stood on the other side of the window grinning at Abigail and Kazran. The Doctor gestured for them both to come in smiling happily as Abigail blinked in slight shock.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Pick a card." The Doctor instructed the young boy, holding out a group of cards to a boy sitting at a large table a second chair pulled up beside him seating the Time Lady who looked quite amused watching the scene unfold seeming to know what was going to happen. "Any card at all." The boy then listened picking one of the cards

"Every Christmas Eve?" Isabella frowned after listening to Abigail. "I don't understand."

"I'm not sure I do." Abigail admitted slightly shrugging.

"You memorise the card, you put it back in the deck. Don't let me see it."

"Is this what it looked like last year?" Abigail asked her sister.

"It doesn't have to be exactly the same."

"I'm starting again," Eric informed taking the lights down from where they were hung up. "Come on, Kazran, we're starting again."

"That's Sardick's boy, isn't it?" Isabella whispered to Abigail.

"He's not like his father."

"His father treats everyone like cattle. One day that boy will do the same."

"No. He's different."

"The three of clubs." The Doctor said to the boy called Ben. The Stone sniggered now looking over Bens shoulder looking at his card as the boy shook his head.

"No."

"You sure?" The Doctor raised a brow. "Because I'm very good at card tricks."

"I can assure you it isn't the three of clubs sweetheart." The Stone said taking her seat back beside him. "And I'm not so sure about your card tricks, how long has it been 2-3 centuries or so?"

"Well, of course, it wasn't." The Doctor scoffed reaching into his pocket again. "Because it was the seven of diamonds."

"No."

"Oi, stop it." The Doctor scolded. "You're doing it wrong."

"Ignore him Ben." The Stone shook her head while the Doctor pouted.

"I see him around the town sometimes. Never any friends." Isabella said to Abigal

"He's got me," Abigail said her eyes fixed on Kazran who continued to help set up the lights.

"All those Christmas Eves," Isabel began gaining Abigail's attention once more. "You never once came to see us."

"I'm here now."

"Then stay. Stay for tomorrow. Have Christmas dinner with us."

"I can't."

"Well, then." Isabel stood up. "Tomorrow's Christmas dinner is cancelled." She announced making everyone, even the Time Lords stop and stare at her. "As my sister refuses to attend."

"Isabella-" Abigail tried to speak, to at least convince her not to do this seeing the look on her sisters face.

"Instead." She cut in smiling at Abigail for a moment. "We'll have it tonight."

The Doctor sat at the dinner table, the Stone beside him sitting at the corner two Christmas crackers in his hands. "Three, two, one, pull!" He shouted as the whole family and the Time Lords pulled on the crackers which all popped.

The small boy frowned opening his cracker seeing a card folded up. His eyes widened as he looked at the Doctor shocked. "How did you do that?"

"Your card, I believe." The Doctor grinned as Ben unfolded it showing the eight of hearts.

"Afraid not sweetheart." The Stone chuckled kissing his cheek. "Sorry, Ben." She looked at the boy. "It might take him a few years.

"No." He shook his head. "I don't think he will ever get it."

"Oh, shut up." The Doctor laughed.

"Be nice." The Stone playfully scolded flicking his nose with her finger chuckling as he scrunched up his face at her.

Kazran then held up a glass. "Er, Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." Everyone returned holding up their own drinks.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Best Christmas Eve ever." Abigal grinned after hugging the Time Lords back outside of her chamber in the cryo-vault.

"Ah. Till the next one." The Doctor nodded.

"I look forward to it. Now I'd like to say goodnight to Kazran."

"Of course, yes." The Doctor nodded. "Well, on you go." The Stone rolled her eyes at him as he blinked. "Oh. Oh. Yes. Right. Sorry. We'll er, We'll go, then. Good night." He nodded to Abigail. "Good luck. Night." He violently shook his head. "Good night." He slowly backed up bumping into a cryochamber and jumping. The Stone sighed shaking her head as he mumbled an apology.

"Goodnight Abigail." She smiled at the woman. "Kazran." She nodded before shaking her head and following the Doctor.

"Doctor," Kazran whispered catching up with him. "I, er, I think she's going to kiss me."

"Yeah," the Doctor nodded. "I think you're right."

"I've never kissed anyone before. What do I do?"

"Well," the Doctor wrapped an arm around his shoulder. "Try and be all nervous and rubbish and a bit shaky."

"Why?"

"Because you're going to be like that anyway. Might as well make it part of the plan, then it'll feel on purpose. Off you go, then." He spun the boy around lightly pushing him in the direction of Abigail.

"What, now?" Kazran asked Horrified. "I kiss her now?"

"You'll be fine." The Stone tried to reassure him.

"Kazran, trust me. It's this or go to your room and design a new kind of screwdriver." He said before swallowing suddenly remembering that the Stone was stood right beside him. "It's best not to make my mistakes." He quickly added. "Now, go." The Doctor smiled slightly before heading off.

"Doctor?" The Stone raised a brow following the Doctor who suddenly began to walk off the Stone closely watching him following behind.

"You didn't need to know that." He mumbled exiting the cryo vault and heading towards the TARDIS.

"I find it adorable."

"I don't." He mumbled looking down at the glass flooring of the TARDIS after stepping inside.

"Well, I do." The Stone replied forcing him to look up at her by pushing his chin upwards softly smiling. "See." She whispered. "Nothing to worry about."

"I love you." He whispered stepping closer to her.

"I love you too, Doctor." She smiled lightly pulling him towards her, connecting their lips together.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.2K 1K 24
The Doctor was investigating the Nestene Consciousness and possibly a potential companion. Then he gained a different interest, Rose Tyler's new tate...
697 62 8
I frown at him, squinting slightly at his forever-apologetic face. "Because, Michelle, you are the girl that should not exist," And that. That shatt...
149K 5.6K 35
After the event at Canary Wharf as well as losing Rose, the Doctor has finally figured out who the mysterious brunette is. Surviving the impossible D...
9K 181 12
(Senku x Oc) Emiyo Shinyon, A pretty girl that is very intelligent, dreaming to be an inventor and scientist. She reads about many things from the pa...