Prologue

The Doctor sat under the console working on part of the TARDIS that had being playing up. "Two hundred years out." He grumbled to himself. The TARDIS buzzed in reply, he closed his eyes for a moment as it replied. "Yes I understand it is difficult but all I wanted to do was take her somewhere nice." He then shouted growing angry. "Somewhere we won't be shot at for once!" Using his foot the Doctor kicked the console. "Ow!" He shook his head grumbling again. "Stupid TARDIS, stupid me thinking my plan for our anniversary would work." He sighed as the TARDIS buzzed at him once more. "Thank you But it's a little late for congratulations isn't it? You messed this up for us." It buzzed again. "I know you're sorry, I'm just mad that it had to be today of all days where we got stuck in the middle of a war instead of being in the middle of a nice romantic island." The TARDIS let out a different sort of buzz and the Time Lord frowned as it started to beep. Making his way up the stairs to the main console he spotted the scanner.

"Oh no..." he whispered before sprinting down the corridor in search of his wife.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"There you are!" The Doctor grinned rushing over to the Stone in the library, almost throwing the book across the room before setting it down on the nearby table knowing just how angry she could get over him damaging a book.

"Sweetheart I haven't seen you this excited since earlier today and even your plan then failed."

"Hey that wasn't my fault but I'm sorry we didn't get to have a proper romantic anniversary."

The Stone smiled slightly and gently cupped his cheek, pulling him down and letting him crawl over her while they began to kiss.

The Doctor mumbled something against her mouth, making the ginger frown and pull away to allow him to speak.

"Amy and Rory need our help."

The Stone sighed slightly. Just once can the Universe give us a break? "And that is meant to be a good thing?" She questioned letting him climb off her as he stood up. The Time Ladys book forgotten as she dragged him through the door.

"Yes!" He flung his free hand about. "We won't be grumbling now.

"Of course you would say that." She chuckled shaking her head at him. "But in all seriousness." She added. "We should really find out what is wrong with Amy and Rory."

"Ah yes." He nodded, the two of them headed to the console room. "It seems that they're trapped in the clouds."

"The clouds?" The Stone repeated questioningly.

"Yes stuck in clouds made from a device."

"That does sound quite interesting." She hummed joining him at the console as he typed a message for Amy and Rory. While the TARDIS flew past the starship.

"I believe it is." He grinned. "Fancy taking a look at it dear?" He held his arm out after pulling the lever.

"Is that even a question sweetheart?" She played along linking her arm through his. The two of them heading out of the door to have materialised on top of a roof.

"Well." The Stone muttered staring at the large beam of energy going into the sky. "You weren't wrong there Doctor."

"The question is." He muttered continuing to look at the beam. "What is it and how do we turn it off."

"Well, that is a very good question." The Stone furrowed her brows, lightly tapping her foot as she tried to think of how they could get inside without causing too much attention. She had guessed it was Christmas and that the owner of the device obviously wouldn't be too thrilled that two strangers suddenly arrived and distract them from family.

The Doctor however clearly had other ideas, spotting the chimney he slipped his arm out of the Stones and quietly walked over it to "Geronimo!" He then cried jumping down just as the Stone shot her head in his direction only to pinch the bridge of her nose seeing a blur of his tweed jacket disappear into the chimney.

Today was going to be a long day.