Twice The Trouble

By DenielleAbolencia

Meet the Sta. Ana Sisters: Sophia is labeled as the Goody two shoes-Twin. She lives by the rules in and out o... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Twins
Chapter 2: Two Non-Royal Princesses
Chapter 3: A Blind Date
Chapter 4: Starting College
Chapter 5: Foes and Friends
Chapter 6: Broken Hearts
Chapter 7: Sophia Meets A Twin
Chapter 8: Stacy Meets A Twin
Chapter 9: More Rivals
Chapter 10: The Realization
Chapter 11: A New Friend
Chapter 12: Orion's Goddess
Chapter 13: Soul Sisters
Chapter 14: Stacy's Heartbeat
Chapter 15: Sweeter Than Candy
Chapter 16: Liam's Fall
Chapter 17: She Broke Him
Chapter 18: Sibling & Therapist
Chapter 19: Give Up, Liam
Chapter 20: Tears of a Duchess
Chapter 21: Falling For Lucas
Chapter 22: Sophia's Secret
Chapter 23: Stacy's Denial
Chapter 24: The Cold Twin
Chapter 25: The Favor
Chapter 26: Lunchtime Drama
Chapter 27: The Tiff
Chapter 28: Invisible Envy
Chapter 29: Serious Stacy
Chapter 30: Love is Fire
Chapter 31: Falling
Chapter 32: The Author
Chapter 33: A Martyr
Chapter 34: Clarification
Chapter 35: Text Buddies
Chapter 36: An Old Flame
Chapter 37: Stacy's Past
Chapter 38: Falling Harder
Chapter 39: Reliable
Chapter 40: Just A Crush
Chapter 41: The Helper
Chapter 42: Not A Date
Chapter 43: About Stacy
Chapter 44: Into Pieces
Chapter 45: Sophia's Past
Chapter 46: Circumstances
Chapter 47: The Return
Chapter 48: Chained Heart
Chapter 49: The Rage
Chapter 50: War and Peace
Chapter 51: Why Me?
Chapter 52: Wrong Name
Chapter 53: Yearning
Chapter 54: Mr. & Mrs.
Chapter 55: Married
Chapter 56: Partners in Crime
Chapter 57: Chained
Chapter 58: Transition
Chapter 59: Onward
Chapter 60: Doubts
Chapter 61: Hints
Chapter 62: Call It Fate
Chapter 63: Kismet or Destiny?
Chapter 64: Warm Hearts
Chapter 65: Girl Called S
Chapter 66: Love Hurts
Chapter 67: Sophia's Denial
Chapter 68: A Flicker
Chapter 69: The Cage
Chapter 70: Pain
Chapter 71: Official
Chapter 72: Ships
Chapter 73: She's a Model
Chapter 74: A Pink Flower
Chapter 75: The Ex-Boyfriend
Chapter 76: Undefined Status
Chapter 77: Tarnished
Chapter 78: Dead End
Chapter 79: Who Did It?
Chapter 80: Stacy Finds Out
Chapter 81: Confrontation
Chapter 82: Heat
Chapter 83: Dancing Hearts
Chapter 84: Worry
Chapter 85: Reluctance
Chapter 86: Closer
Chapter 87: Unbearable
Chapter 88: Almost
Chapter 89: Bad Feelings
Chapter 90: The Revelation
Chapter 91: Sophia's Fury
Chapter 92: Sick Sophia
Chapter 93: Another Revelation
Chapter 94: Stacy's Abduction
Chapter 95: On The Way
Chapter 96: Rush
Chapter 97: Rescued
Chapter 98: Pain and Tears
Chapter 99: Chance Meeting
Chapter 100: A Miracle
Chapter 101: Hope vs. Fear
Final Chapter: Goodbyes
5 Months Later: Part One
5 Months Later: Part Two
Bonus Chapter: How It Started

Special Chapter: Before It All began

99 0 0
By DenielleAbolencia

Lucas

May 20, 2016. Friday afternoon.

I just finished eating lunch at one of the mall's restaurants and started to take a leisurely stroll around the mall, which was hustling and bustling with teenagers and children, the latter of which was accompanied by their parents or guardians.

Practically everyone was doing last-minute shopping for school supplies. All classes, from grade school to college, would resume in two weeks--On June 6, 2016.

In two weeks, I will officially be attending Orion University as a business major even though a part of me desired to take up Fine Arts.

Growing up, I spent a good chunk of my childhood in my makeshift studio in the mansion, doing nothing but sketching and painting until the wee hours of the morning. Perhaps it was simply a hobby. Maybe a temporary passion. But all I knew was I started dabbling in art when I was at the tender age of seven and haven't stopped since.

I'm now eighteen years old and an incoming college freshman at the university of my choice.

For the next hour, I quietly roamed the mall, wounding through my routine whenever I went to any mall: I rode the elevator to the music store and browsed some new albums. Afterward, I climbed inside an escalator heading to the movie cinema to scan the list of movies showing. Next, I faintly craved a sugary treat, so I strode on the route towards my favorite doughnut shop.

Strangely coincidental, but wherever I went--the music store, the movie house, and now, as I stood in the short line at Krispy Kreme, my brown eyes caught a glimpse of a young girl standing at the front of the queue.

I wasn't the only person looking at her. Most of the guys inside the doughnut cafe were not very subtle in stealing glances at the girl. She didn't even seem to comprehend that people were boldly raking their stares over her.

The girl wore her long, coffee-colored hair in a high ponytail held back by a green scrunchie, exposing her bare neck. She had dark brown eyes behind a pair of oval eyeglasses, her lips full and pink, her cheeks soft and rosy red, and her eyelashes were long and mesmerizing. I was tempted to think she had makeup on, but as I squinted for a closer inspection, her face was completely bare of cosmetics.She looked beautiful without even trying.

And she was modest--the stranger, most likely sixteen or seventeen years old--was dressed in a practical taupe, round-necked blouse with butterfly sleeves and a hemline that accentuated her small waist. Her pants were a simple blue and her sneakers were green and white.

"Sir?"

"Sir,a re you ready to order?"

I blinked repeatedly. "Excuse me?" I turned left and right before realizing I was the next customer at the counter and the cashier was snapping her fingers to catch my attention.

With patience in her tone, the girl behind the counter repeated her earlier question. I cleared my throat out of sheer mortification and gave her my order of two doughnuts and one iced coffee.

After I paid for my snacks, I spun on my heel and exited the pastry-scented cafe.

My feet took me to the mall's Food-Court which was located underground.

The Food-Court was teeming with noisy children and most of the tables were occupied by small groups of teenagers eating junk food while taking unending snapshots of themselves.

Fortunately, there were a couple of empty square tables and I was idly pondering on which table to vacate when all of a sudden, my phone rang inside my pocket.

"Hello?" I said upon answering the call.

"Did you buy the crap yet?" Bryce replied without preamble.

I sighed. "School supplies. Not crap. School supplies. And no, I haven't."

"What the heck have you been doing the past three hours?" my twin demanded.

"Eating. Strolling," I answered into the phone.

I heard him snort. "You sound like a grandma."

"Stop worrying. I'll get the supplies as soon as I'm done with my snack."

"What do you mean, snack? Didn't you say you just ate?"

I kept my agitation under wraps. "I ate, then I strolled, and now I'm eating again. Needle me one more time about my food lifestyle and I will end you."

"Just don't forget, man. Pens. Notebooks. Paper pads. Envelopes," he cited.

Silence from my end of the line.

"Dude?" my brother asked.

"Bryce, do you think I should accept that blonde girl's offer?"

"What? That nut in the pink dress? Not again, man. We've been over this. It's been six weeks since that freaky chick talked to you. Why are you bringing this up now?"

I pressed my black phone closer to my ear. "I just.. I'm curious. And what if she's right? What if the girl she wants to set me up with is the one I'm supposed to meet? What if--"

"WHAT IF both of those girls are mentally unstable?" Bryce butted in. "What if they have a criminal record? What if this is all a meticulous trap to lure us to our dooms??"

"You watch too much C.S.I." I drew out another sigh. "And you've gotten more insensitive since the last time I saw you."

Bryce scoffed. "That was two days ago."

"Exactly." I chuckled at my lame joke.

"I didn't think you'd be into another relationship after what happened with Azalea."

My brother's statement made me think hard. In my eighteen years of existence, I've only had two girlfriends, Azalea being the second. Our relationship wasn't consistent nor was it blissful. Only one month into our affair, she landed a job at a big modeling campaign for a German fashion brand. If she accepted, she would have to travel to multiple countries for her shoots, interviews and promotional tours--all of which would consume two years away from the Philippines.

Without hesitation, Azalea accepted the job.

If I was being honest, I didn't really miss her after she left the country. She had been the one who asked me to become her boyfriend. It was a one-sided relationship. Azalea liked me but I didn't like her that way. I only agreed to date her because I didn't want to hurt her feelings.

"Our breakup didn't traumatize me," I said over the phone. "If anything, I feel freer. More liberated to see other people. I want to do this, Bryce. I want to take the risk."

My brother exhaled from the other end. "Fine. Don't say I never warned you." He disconnected the call before I could respond.

Pocketing my phone, I turned around only to see that the Food-Court was now packed with even more rowdy kids and boisterous teenagers. All the tables were brimming with people.

Sigh.

Wait a minute.

Sitting alone at one of the tables in one corner of the Food-Court, was the bespectacled brunette in a taupe blouse and jeans I spotted in the doughnut shop earlier. She was surrounded by two paper bags and two plastic bags loaded down with thick books and novels. There must be at least ten books in each shopping bag.

The young brunette wore a melancholic expression on her face. Her brown eyes were sullen, her pink lips were tightly glued together, and her shoulders were low. She looked like she was about to break into an emotional meltdown.Clutched in her right hand was an ice cream cone containing two scoops of creamy chocolate. She silently stared at the frozen treat for a moment.

And there.. a lone tear streamed down her left eye.

She used the back of her left hand to brush away the tear off her cheek.

Then she took a big bite out of her chocolate ice cream.

I don't know who that girl is.

But if she's anything like the person that the blonde stranger spoke of, maybe I'm making the right decision.

Nobody deserves to feel alone.

I took out my phone and dialed the number saved under 'Blonde In Pink'.

It rang once. twice.

Before the third ring, someone picked up my call. "Who the hell is this?"

She sounded just like Bryce.

"It's me. Lucas. From Starbucks?"

She paused before she smugly said, "I knew you'd call."

END OF BOOK ONE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.2K 4K 33
Identical twin sisters, Riley and Reia Morgan, couldn't be more different. Riley loves living a freespirited lifestyle, moving from job to job on a w...
12K 391 21
*Previously called 'Player Falling For A Nerd.' (: * Having a twin sister is something amazing. But that's the total opposite for Skylar. In fact, Sk...
1.2K 8 79
Smart, beautiful, and fun-loving, the Sta. Ana Twins are finally graduating college two years after their drama-filled sophomore year. Tall, blonde...
1.9K 72 10
Owen and Athena are back in college in this As I Fell duology novella. Being back on campus means prepping for the new semester ahead of them, and w...