Still Dawn: The Saga Continues

By SusanSuziMcClean

My interpretation of what COULD happen after breaking dawn, I own nothing, Stephenie Meyer owns it all, Any... More

Chapter 1: Proposal
still dawn chapter 2
chapter 3 - SCHOOL
CHAPTER 4: SCHOOL (EPOV)
CHAPTER 5: CHAOS AT SCHOOL
chapter 6: the call
Chapter 7: Renesmee's Plight
chapter 8, the talk (RPOV)
Chapter 9, Billy
Chapter 10, You should've called
Chapter 11: Meet Our Daughter
Chapter 12, The Funeral
Chapter 13: Saying Good-Bye
Chapter 14, the truth hurts
Chapter 15, Relationships (JPOV)
Chapter 16: Roses
Chapter 17: Shopping
Chapter 18: Maid of Honour
Chapter 19, tom
Chapter 21, Proper Mom
chapter 22 guard dog
Chapter 23, tight squeeze
Chapter 24: Christmas (EmPOV)
chapter 25, presents
Chapter 26, Happy New year ...Yeah Right
chapter 27, they're here
Chapter 28, Ceremony
chapter 29, confrontations
Chapter 30, best gift
Chapter 31, Almost perfect (epov)
chapter 32, suprise
chapter 33, henry, rpov
chapter 34, explanations
chapter 35, gone
chapter 36, unexpected
CHAPTER 37, LIES
CHAPTER 38, PLEASE
chapter 39, resolve
Chapter 40, Reunited (RPOV)
chapter 41, whole again
chapter 42, All Grown
chapter 43, my girl (jpov)
chapter 44 take a chance edited
chapter 45, no other option
chapter 46, choices
chapter 47, movies
chapter 48, no way (epov)
chapter 49, too young
chapter 50, really? (rpov)
Chapter 51: Response (Jacobs POV)
Chapter 52, waiting
chapter 53, surreal
Chapter 54. H.E.L.P
Chapter 55: Missing
Chapter 56: Denali
Chapter 57: New Family
Chapter 58: Nothing
Chapter 59: Nevaeh
Chapter 60: My Jacob
Chapter 61: Clues
Chapter 62: Rosalie
Chapter 63: Protective
Chapter 64: Dark (Renesmee POV)
Chapter 65: Alistair
Chapter 66: Volturi
Chapter 67: Italy
Chapter 68: Volterra
Chapter 69: Ultionis
Chapter 70: Sacrifices
Chapter 71: Returned
Chapter 72: Skeptical
Chapter 73: Revelations
Chapter 74: New 'Do
Chapter 75: Another Year
The Final Word

Chapter 20, time to play

62.5K 303 41
By SusanSuziMcClean

CHAPTER 20: TIME TO PLAY

We all watched silently as Tom and Renesmee continued their conversation. Looking for the first sign that we needed to make our move, the conversation flowed well to begin with,  

"So, why did you want me to meet you Tom?" Ness asked politely  

"I told you" he answered "I really like you, you're the most attractive girl in school" he smiled "Well other than that blonde sister of your's, but her personality is enough to turn anyone off" he laughed to himself. I heard Rose and Emmett both allow themselve's slight growl's.  

"That's my sister you're talking about!" Ness scolded, I heard Rosalie whisper something that sounded like "good girl" before turning my attention back to the scene before me.  

"And beside's," Nessie continued "even if that were true, I've told you, I have a boyfriend"  

"That didn't stop you coming here today though did it?"  

"Yeah, You're right" Ness sighed "I should be ashamed with myself"  

"Well now, I wouldn't go that far" the cretin smiled "There's nothing wrong with a bit of fun on the side now is there?" he finished, reaching out to stroke her face.

And that, that right there, was our key to move. We ran as fast as we could and were all stood behind Tom in a semi-circle within the blink of an eye.  

"Get. Your. Filthy. Hands. Off. My. Sister" I growled, pronouncing each word as if it were it's own sentence, Tom turned around quickly and was stood there, mouth gaped open. He was looking between all of us now, taking in the scene before him. Jasper was stood with his arm around Alice's shoulder, making it look as though we had casually strolled up to where they were stood. Edward was glaring at Tom with a look that could surely kill. Emmett was punching his left hand with his right fist in a rather threatening manner. Rosalie had her hand's on her hip's looking very 'disapprovingly' at Nessie. I on the other hand was stood slightly forward of the other's and was leaning over Tom as I spoke.  

"Where- um, how? -When?" Tom choked, trying to understand where we had suddenly appeared from.  

"Guy's! What are you doing here?" Ness perked up, she was playing her part well.  

"Oh, Come on Ness" smiled Jasper "You didn't really think we'd buy into that whole 'science club' story did you?"  

"But- but-" she stuttered  

"Enough but's Renesmee" chimed in Edward "What do you think you you're playing at? Lying to us, so that you can spend time with this..." he wrinkled his nose for effect "low life"  

"I'm- I'm sorry" she muttered "I just wanted to meet him and let him know once and for all that I am not interested"  

"Oh," smiled Rosalie, stepping forward slightly "Well, in that case, you heard her misfit, start walking" she pointed down the field as she spoke, Tom looked at her amazed, "yes" she continued laughing quietly "I live up to my reputation don't I?" Tom continued to stare at her, knowing there was no way any human could have possibly overheard his comment's before.  

"we're not going to tell you again" Emmett chirped up "Leave, and if I ever catch you talking to my sister again. I will kill you" he laughed  

"Ha! I'd like to see you try" laughed Tom  

"Oh, Really?" Alice squealed as high as she could, that was Jake's cue.

Just then we heard a low growl erupt from the tree's, we all turned our head's slightly, trying to remember to act shocked. I didn't need to remember, I was shocked. It had been a long time since I'd seen Jake in his wolf form. I'd forgotten how big he'd got. He stalked toward's us, keeping his head low to the ground. Even I had to admit it was frightening, and I'd known what was coming.  

"Ness!" I shouted as frantically as I could manage, reaching out and pulling her behind me, protecting her from 'the big bad wolf' I glanced a look at Tom, he was stood frozen to the spot. I heard Alice giggle to herself before whispering to Jasper "He's about to pee himself"  

Sure enough when I looked over again, There was a slow trickle emerging from the bottom of his pant leg. Jacob was now getting in closer. He began circling me and my family as if we were prey, We all managed to act the part of being 'scared humans' pretty well I thought. Alice screamed and locked onto Jasper. Rosalie climbed up onto Emmett's back shrieking. Meanwhile Edward reached across and threw Nessie up onto his back, before sweeping me up into his arm's like a true hero. I gripped tightly to Edward's neck trying to look as scared as possible, when inside I was dying of laughter.

Jake continued to circle us for a few minute's, pausing at each and everyone of us to breathe in our scent's. Poor Jake, I thought, he can't abide our scent's. A couple of times Tom looked as if he was going to try and make a run for it. But each time he did Jacob would turn and growl at him. Keeping him stood in his recently created wet patch.

 Eventually Jacob made his way over to Tom. He growled fiercely as he breathed in his scent. He took his time circling him, before turning his back as if he was going to leave. Jacob got a few step's away from Tom, and everything happened so quick then. I watched as Jacob turned back to face Tom and crouched as if to launch himself at him. At exactly the same time Emmett threw Rose off his back, causing her to come flying into us. Emmett caught Jacob in mid air and seemed to be fighting with him. Tom was still stood in shock. Unable to move. Nessie was crouched behind me giggling like a small child. Willing Tom not to notice her. Within second's Emmett had Jake pinned to the ground yelping, Emmett stood back and looked as if he was going to throw his whole body weight onto Jake when he turned and scarpered, whimpering like a wounded animal.

 Emmett though, didn't have time to stop himself from falling and landed down on the ground with a loud thud. I made a mental note to check the ground later for Emmett shaped holes. I looked over again at Tom, who was still as speechless as he had been a moment ago. I could hear Rosalie in the background faking her concern for Emmett, knowing that he could have fallen from a cliff and hit the floor and he'd still escape without a single bruise.  

Tom finally opened his mouth to speak, as he looked towards Emmett in awe,  

"Th-Thanks man" he stuttered "I- I thought that thing was gonna kill me for sure" he finished, holding his hand out for Emmett to shake  

At that precise moment Jacob come running out of the trees in his human form  

"Ness? Ness?" he shouted "Are you OK? I saw that massive wolf thing! It didn't hurt you did it?" he asked, pretending to check her body for any imperfections.  

Emmett finally looked back over toward's Tom with a menacing look in his eye"I won't shake your hand" he said bluntly "and I wont accept your gratitude either, I didn't do it for you. As it so happens, I have a lot of respect for Mr's Watters, and I would hate for her to have to deal with the death of a student on school ground's. Even if that student was you" he scowled  

"Well, thank's anyway" Tom muttered "I mean that"  

"Yeah, and I mean this" Emmett began "you see what I did to that wolf boy?" Tom nodded his head violently at the question "well, the day you so much as say hello to my baby sister again, I'll be doing a lot more than that to you. Do I make myself clear?" again, Tom just nodded in response "Oh, and little boy" Emmett laughed "You might want to change your trousers! You stink" he finished waving his hand in front of his nose.

Tom bolted from the field quicker than I'd ever seen a human move. Once we knew he was out of earshot, we all fell about laughing.  

"Do you think it worked?" laughed Jake  

"Yeah, I think it's safe to say it did" I giggled.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

The following day on arrival at school we got paged immediately to go to Mr's Watters office. We smiled at each other as we walked along the corridor toward's the principal's office. We knew what we had to do. Part 2 of the game commence's.

Alice led the way into the office, the rest of us filed in quietly behind her,  

"You called miss?" Alice asked  

"Yes kid's please do take seat's" she gestured toward's the 5 empty chair's in front of her. She was quite surprised when me, Alice and Rose all opted to sit on our partner's lap's. "well, I assume you all know why I called you here?" she asked  

"Well, actually" Ness spoke up "no miss, we don't" she said quite convincingly  

"So you don't remember anything that happened last night?" she asked  

"Oh yes, I remember what happened last night" Rosalie chipped in  

"And would you care to elaborate Miss Hale?"  

"Well, If you insist Miss" Rose answered "Mom and Dad took us all out for a meal, it was a very nice evening. I only had a green salad mind, I'm watching my weight" she smiled, tapping her stomach.  

"And what about before that?" she asked  

"Oh" interrupted Edward "Do you mean us skipping our last 3 classes?" he smiled "because, we really are sorry about that"  

"Actually Mr Cullen, I wasn't referring to that" she sighed "I was referring to the incident on the football pitch with young Tom here"  

"What incident?" I asked politely  

"Well, according to Tom, you were all out in the football field after school, when a giant wolf attacked you" she shrieked. The 8 of us looked from one another and burst out laughing.  

"Sorry miss" I choked out "did you just say a giant wolf?"  

"Yes Miss Swan I did" she sighed "apparently Tom went there to meet your sister, Renesmee, and shortly after you all showed up, a wolf came out of the tree's and tried to attack you. If it wasn't for Emmett I was told it could have been fatal" once again we all started laughing  

"What time was this?" Edward asked  

"After school, is that correct Tom?"  

"Y-y-yes Miss" he answered, tear's welling up in his eye's  

"But we left during 4th period Miss, we all went home" Edward answered  

"And tell me again Mr Cullen, why exactly was it you left?"  

"Well, it was actually to do with Tom" he began "you see, he sent a very rude and disrespectful note to our little sister. She was so upset that when we phoned our Mom she insisted we bought her home straight away"  

"I see" she nodded "And do you have this note still?" she asked Renesmee  

"Yes Miss" Ness answered, fishing around in her bag before pulling out the crumpled up note and handing it to our principal. Mr's Watters read the note and frowned before turning toward's Tom and handing him the note,  

"Did you write this?" she asked  

Tom merely nodded his head and looked down at the ground, clearly ashamed of himself "but I have a note from her too miss" he answered "she wrote me one back saying to meet her at the football field instead, and that she'd told her family she was going to science club"  

"science club?" Ness laughed. Mr's Watters stared at Nessie for a moment before turning back to face Tom,  

"And do you still have this note?" she asked  

"Yes" he answered "it's in my locker"  

"then would you go get it please?" she asked "I would like to get to the bottom of this" He nodded and left the room.  

"He won't find it miss, because I never wrote one" Nessie told her "like my brother and sister said, we all went home during 4th period and then went out for a meal"  

"We shall see won't we Miss Swan" she sighed  

"Aw, come on Miss, you've got to admit this story's a little far fetched" Emmett chirped  

"Yea" interrupted Jasper "I mean, what are the chance's of a huge wolf turning up in the middle of a football field?"  

"Yes, it does sound strange" she admitted "but never the less, I have to get to the bottom of this once and for all"

We waited in silence for Tom to come back. When he did he walked into the room with a very solemn face,  

"It's gone" he told her  

"gone?"  

"yes, it was there last night but now it's gone" I saw Alice give me a slight wink. I knew she had taken the note and burned it. "But honest Miss, I did have it. And we did meet in the football field. And the wolf was really there!" Tom finished. Mr's Watters sighed before turning back to face us,  

"I am so sorry to have called you in here" she sighed again "It seem's this was a fabrication after all"  

"Not to worry Miss" Alice chimed "We understand"  

"No!" Tom suddenly declared "You're not getting away with this! Why are you all lying?" he shouted "You was there, you..." he pointed at Emmett, "you tackled the wolf, and said that if I don't stay away from Ness then you'd do the same to me!"  

"Tom, I think I am going to refer you for counselling" Mr's Watters said "You are clearly imagining thing's!"  

"You don't imagine wetting yourself!" Tom exclaimed, causing Emmett and Rosalie to burst into laughter all over again. I was trying to hide the smirk that was now written across my face. "what is so funny?" Tom demanded of Emmett  

"Nothing mate, I was just thinking, you know, our dad's a doctor if you need some kind of help?"  

"Thank-you children, you can go now" the principle nodded to us. We rose from our seat's quietly and headed out the door. We managed to get round the corner before falling to the floor with laughter.  

"You were right Jasper" I admitted through my laughter "You're idea was better!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 3K 21
This story happens 2 year's after Renesmee's birth, therefore she appears to be a 12 year old. The battle with the Volturi may be over, but will a ne...
99.3K 3K 20
A new school year is approaching and the Cullen's are moving to live with their "cousins" the Denali coven. It's Bella's first year in high school as...
331K 3.1K 71
Throughout this novel Renesmee Cullen and her family go through a lot. Renesmee finds out Jacob has imprinted on her and they finally get together, R...
100K 2.2K 43
In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he suddenly disappeared, she resigned and w...