~THE IMAGINES - MICHAEL JACKS...

By livinginthebadera

BAD ERA IMAGINES FOR MICHAEL JACKSON More

"Not Sick"
Sharing Midnight Feelings and Giggles
Bad Dream
AMA's
"I won't hurt you"
Sneaking At Night and Midnight Appetite
Scary Movie Nights
"Sing With Me"
Attention Isn't Only On The Star
Wasted
Dancing In His Clothes
Scary Storms and Young Company
Red Carpet Competition
Sunsets, Swimming, and Singing
Children of Japan
Fear of Exotic Animals
Rehearsal Dehydration
Chosen From The Audience
Remembered From The Audience
Starry Nights and Super Soaker Fights
First Time Coffee Drinker
Hurt In A Mob
Inconceivable: Your Ship Has Sailed
The Day You Met
Sky of Diamonds and Sea of Ripples
"I'm Late"
Sibling Interruptions
Jamming in the Airport
Style Similarities
Complications With The Kiss
"Look At Me"
Aftermath
Night At The Amusement Park
Blushing and Bare Skin
Caught Up In The Rapture
"Be Yourself"
A Passionate Lover and a Protective Brother
On Set In New York
Cupcake Fight
Concert Love and Magic
Appreciation Of The Details
Alarm
One More Chance
Nocturnal Gremlins
"Goodnight, Applehead."
Coaxing The Tears
"I Can Stand The Rain"
"Breathe With Me"
Unbalanced Pain
Priority
Late Night Cravings
Two Bodies, One Soul
The Paranoia Leads To Terror
The Terror Stripped Her Of The Light
Out Of The Blue
Cabin Fever
The Risks One Will Take For Love
The Midnight Call
Crossing The Bridge
With The Power of Lavender
The Outlet
Open Road

As The Tension Thickens

6.7K 117 145
By livinginthebadera

"Years later and you are still a legend for Soul Train," you smiled proudly at him.

He looked away and smiled.

"And still so humble," you continued, kissing his cheek.

The two of you were invited to attend the Soul Train Awards for Michael's nominations and honorary awards. As he posed with his handful of awards on the red carpet, you smiled proudly up at him. The paparazzi encouraged some form of interaction between you guys, so Michael kissed your cheek. The camera flashes increased and the fans went wild. You laughed and turned your head away in embarrassment.

"Come and join us at the after party!" Quincy exclaimed, patting Michael on the back.

"I don't know, Q. Y/N and I were just going to head home," Michael answered.

"C'mon, Mike. You gotta unwind and have some fun, especially after all you got tonight!"

Michael glanced down at you and you shrugged.

"There's gonna be plenty of music, food, wine, and spots for us to lay back."

"Alright, I guess we'll stop by for a bit."

Quincy pumped his fist at Michael's agreement and began guiding you two in the direction of the hotel. Hand in hand, you guys entered the hotel and the party room. The ginormous room was darkened with silhouettes of people dancing on the dance floor. Next to the bar, refreshments were lined on a table against the back wall. In a few corners of the room were red, velvet curtains.

"We claimed our own little space back there," Quincy said, pointing to curtains tucked away in the left corner, "They lead to a private room. Why don't you two head back there and I'll have someone get some refreshments for us."

"Thanks, Q."

Michael positioned his hand on the small of your back and guided you to the private room. Though it wasn't as dark as the main room, the private room was still dimly lit. You gawked at the ornately designed interior. On each wall was a red velvet Victorian chaise sofa. In the center of the room was a long, low, glass table. A few wine glasses were already set on it. The carpet and walls contained intricate designs that added to the vintage appearance. You couldn't help feeling slightly out of place.

"This is beautiful," you whispered.

"Yes it is," Michael agreed, looking around as much as you were.

As Michael began to guide you to a sofa, you tugged on his hand. He turned to you.

"Michael, this is a room for the greats--like you. I shouldn't be in here."

Michael's brows furrowed as he looked at you in confusion and shock.

"Y/N, what do you mean? It's just a simple V.I.P. Room. Anyone can rent it for the night. And anywhere I belong, you belong too. Don't forget that."

He leaned down to kiss your head.

"Come on, let's sit down."

He pulled you over to the sofa and sat down. After putting a long arm around you, you settled into Michael's side. A few minutes went by before you realized who was in the room with you.

"Michael, my man!" Lionel Richie's voice rang out.

Your heads turned and you smiled.

"Lionel, it's so good to see you!" You beamed.

"And you as well, Y/N. Lookin' beautiful, as always."

You blushed and thanked him.

"Man, Mike. You've done it again. Sweepin' up all the awards."

Michael laughed timidly and smiled. Just then, the curtains were drawn and Quincy walked into the room with a bottle and glasses in his hand.

"Tonight is a night of celebration," he smiled, setting everything on the table.

"Indeed it is," Lionel agreed.

After pouring some for the two of you, Michael handed you a glass of wine. You and Michael didn't usually drink, but you wanted to have fun and let loose. Eventually, a few others joined the room and it quickly filled up. You were pleasantly surprised when Diana Ross and Janet walked in. It had been a while since you'd seen both of them and you all enjoyed catching up. Overall, the environment was energetic and full of laughter. At this point, you thought joining this after party was the best decision of the night. When you looked over at Michael, you could tell that he was thoroughly enjoying himself.

"Man, what's going on in here? It's loud as hell!" Eddie Murphy smiled, prancing through the curtains.

Michael laughed and stood up to greet Eddie. You smiled and joined him, loving Eddie's company. Everything was going wonderfully.

"Is this room taken?" A velvety voice spoke.

You paused and heard someone mumble an "oh shit". Prince and Vanity stood in front of the entrance.

Eddie coughed and mumbled, "Get the fuck out," low enough for only you to hear.

The conversations had long stopped and everyone was staring at the two entertainers. Prince and Vanity glanced in you and Michael's direction. Prince's jaw clenched, but he immediately composed himself. Vanity didn't attempt to hide her baleful glances at you.

"Don't hear an objection so . . ."

Vanity was the first to sit down before Prince joined her. Quincy cleared his throat and sipped his wine.

You and Michael were people that tried to avoid drama. It was something that both of you viewed as unnecessary and simply didn't have time for it. However, your situations with Prince were inevitable. He and Michael were constantly going head to head, competing to come out on top. That alone was enough to cause a minor feud. Unfortunately, your presence only fanned the flames. In the late 70's to early 80's, Michael and Prince were just beginning to reach their primes. You and Michael had been best friends for a while, but hadn't started dating yet. You'd met Prince a few times at nightclubs and he was immediately attracted to you. The one time Prince finally tried to make a move on you, you'd already realized your heart belonged to Michael. In result, Prince's jealous rage added to the rivalry. Vanity--who knew this entire story--never liked you in her man's presence, viewing you as a threat.

"Warm welcoming, I see," Vanity mumbled.

"So, Prince! How've you been doing?" Lionel asked.

"Very good, and yourself?"

"Good, good."

"That's good."

"You are celebrating tonight too, aren't you? I mean, you are taking home a . . . couple of awards."

The room grew quiet again. Janet sat up in her seat. Even though she was slightly younger than you, like Michael, she felt an urge to protect you. Prince poured himself a glass of wine and sipped from it. Vanity crossed her legs and continued to stare at you. As soon as Prince's eyes landed on you, Michael tightened his arm around you. The dim lighting did not hide the anxious looks on everyone else's faces.

"Let's check this one out," a voice said from outside the curtains.

Everyone's heads turned toward the entrance. Morris Day and Jerome Benton peeked into the room. Their eyes widened as they looked around. They glanced at Michael, you, Vanity, and finally Prince.

"Oop, not today Satan," Morris said and left immediately.

Eddie muffled a laugh and took a swig of wine.

"Y/N, how have you been?" Vanity asked you venomously.

"I've been quite well. Just got back from the tour."

"Ooh, the tour. Didn't have a problem with too many groupies, did you?"

Lionel and Eddie choked on their wine. Prince tried to hide a smirk that came to his lips. Michael fought the urge to say something he'd regret.

"None as bad as you," Janet snapped.

Vanity's sharp gaze fell on Janet and Eddie struggled to contain his laughter.

"Janet, didn't your mother ever tell you that it's rude to interrupt when the adults are talking?"

As Janet prepared to stand up, Diana and Quincy pulled her back down.

"There's no need to be rude," Michael finally spoke, growing tense at Vanity's disrespect toward you and Janet.

"I think she was simply defending herself," Prince mumbled.

"Your girlfriend's uncivilized behavior started this," Michael responded.

"And that chihuahua little sister of yours escalated it," Vanity snapped.

"Janet has more self-respect and backbone than you do," you growled at her.

"Says the one who nearly cries every time she gets mobbed."

"Don't talk to her like that!" Michael grew louder.

"Learn to grow out of your childish personality, first."

"Learn to keep your legs closed in front of men first, bi--" Janet started.

"That's enough, all of you! Prince and Vanity, if you would please--" Diana cut in.

"Already, leaving," Prince grabbed Vanity's hand and stood up.

As soon as they opened the curtains, Morris Day and Jerome Benton gasped and moved out of the way. None of you were surprised by their obvious eavesdropping on the entire conversation.

You leaned back into the sofa and sighed. Michael pulled you closer to him and whispered comfort in your ear.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine, just a little wound up. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

He kissed your lips.

"Well then . . ." Eddie broke the silence.

"Cheers to a peaceful rest of the night," Lionel raised his glass.

"I'll drink to that," Quincy grabbed his glass.

The wine glasses clinked and the mood was quickly restored.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 273 12
Λšΰ­¨πŸŽžοΈΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ Michael x reader Λšΰ­¨β˜ŽοΈΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ I update whenever I can Λšΰ­¨πŸ§Έΰ­§β‹†ο½‘ requests: closed
55.7K 582 27
just imagines of michael jackson
29.5K 780 29
Imagines devoted to Michael Jackson's J5 era πŸ₯ΊπŸ’•
201K 7K 79
Michael Jackson and the person he would've deserved. / set in BAD era / / actual events used for reference /