Cabin Fever

No sleep last night
Been dreaming of you
Please hold me tight
'Cause I can't help the way that I feel
I just can't help the way that I feel
Thief in the night
You took my heart
Now danger's in sight
'Cause I can't help the way that I feel
- "Love Come Down" by Evelyn "Champagne" King

~~~~

"Michael," you whispered, leaning your head closer, "My love?"

Michael stirred slightly, feeling your lips against his cheek. Smiling, you leaned forward and planted a few kisses on his cheeks.

"Good morning," you whispered, smiling excitedly as you glanced at the beautiful scenery outside the window.

The morning sunlight was just beginning to peek through the trees. Gleaming with a bright orange tint, the sky glowed above the immense forest body. As the sun reflected off of the dewdrops and icicles in the trees, the wooden structures appeared to sparkle under the morning light. The bed was positioned beside an enormous floor-to-ceiling window and sliding glass door, allowing for a full view of the balcony that looked into the snowy wilderness.

You and Michael were vacationing in a private, luxurious cabin in Alaska. The two of you had just arrived on the previous night, so you were eager to go out and see the snow. Michael, however, was a difficult person to wake up.

"Mm?" He hummed, adjusting his position on the pillows. You bit your lip before leaning forward to kiss his ear. As you brushed against the side of his face, his curls tickled your forehead.

In your Eastern King Bed, there was more than enough room for the two of you to sleep the day away. The cherrywood headboard was pressed against one of the cabin's grey walls. You sat up and leaned against the wooden structure. Looking to your right, you took in the view of Michael's sleeping figure. His dark curls were untidily spread across the ivory pillowcase. As the sunlight seeped into the room, his caramel skin began to gleam from the gentle light. Though he resembled an angel sleeping on a cloud in the Heavens, you knew that he wouldn't budge unless you put an end to his peaceful slumber.

Letting out a dramatic sigh, you decided to shift to your last resort. Grabbing a pillow from your side of the bed, you lifted it up and held it above your head.

"Michael Joseph Jackson, if you don't open those beautiful brown eyes of yours, you're going to get a face full of Egyptian cotton," you warned, raising your eyebrows when he opened his eyes.

His eyes looked over your positioned and how you appeared to be so "ready" to attack him with the pillow. Before you could register his movements, he sat up, grabbed your waist, and yanked you back onto the bed. Screaming, you landed on his lap with a rough thud. He wrapped his arms around your body, pinning your arms to your sides before leaning back on the mattress. As you laid on his body, you thought about what had just happened.

"Michael, why don't you just get up when I try to coax you awake? Instead, you fake being asleep just to torture me, you shmuck!" You whined, squirming in his tight grip. You heard his chuckle from behind your head as he tightened his grip on your body.

"You asked for it, my love," he responded, planting a kiss on your bed head, "Girl, you know you wouldn't have gotten one good hit. Your swings are too slow and weak."

You dropped your jaw, turning your head to look up at him. "I'm highly offended by your criticism of my physical strength, Michael. I like to think of myself as a person built with an acceptable amount of lean muscle."