"I won't hurt you"

Your absolute favorite thing to do was spend time with Michael. Whether you played chess or just watched the television, you loved his company.

Michael moved his queen and captured your knight.

"No!" You laughed, "You're so much better than me at this."

"I know," he laughed, "but you're still learning."

"I have four pieces left."

"You made some pretty bad moves."

You both laughed. He scooted his chair out.

"Let's go outside," he said.

He held his hand out for you to take. You reached out and gingerly took it. At this point, you and Michael didn't know what you were. You both loved and cared for each other, but you were hesitant. Your past relationship wasn't the best. Things turned violent. Michael knew this because he was the only person you could go to.

As the two of you walked outside, you noticed the awkward silence. You usually got lost in a deep conversation with him. It was like walking into deep space. Today felt different.

"Y/N?"

"Yes Michael?"

"You know I like you, don't you?"

"Yes."

"And I hope you like me, the way I like you."

"Yes."

"I just want you to know that I won't be like him. You know me and I know you. I won't hurt you."

You sighed, feeling incredibly guilty. You did love him, but the thought of being in another relationship scared you. He stopped walking and grabbed your hand to stop you. You turned to him and sighed.

"It's just that...ever since that night..." you stopped, a sudden flashback filling your mind.

~~Flashback~~

Michael opened the door and his jaw dropped. You knew you didn't look too hot, but his facial expression confirmed it.

You were wearing an oversized black t-shirt, striped leggings, and Adidas Superstars. Your white scrunchie was holding back the top half of your hair. Overall, your clothes weren't bad. The fact that you were soaked and wet was what shocked Michael.

"Y/N! What happened? Did you walk here? Come in, you'll catch a cold!"

He gently pulled you in and sat you down.

"What happened?" He asked.

You looked up at him, tears clear in your eyes. The bruise on your neck was finally visible to him.

"Y/N," his face full of sympathy and anger,"who did this to you?"

He reached out and gently touched your neck. You flinched at his contact. He gently rubbed the bruise with his thumb.

"I couldn't breathe," was all you said.

"Someone strangled you?" He asked.

You nodded, a tear falling down your face. You quickly wiped it.

"What am I going to do, Michael? He said he'd kill me if I told anyone, but I can't..."

"He? Your boyfriend?"

You nodded. He sighed, becoming emotional from seeing you like this.

Michael gently put his hand on the back of your head and pulled you to him. You put your head on his shoulder and cried. He caressed your head, trying to calm you....

~~~~

"I know you've been hurt before. I know this, Y/N. I also know that you know I'm not trying to hurt you. Just put your heart in my hands," Michael finally said.

You looked down. He raised your head up.

"I want to heal you."

You smiled at his words.

"I am scared, but I'm also in love with you," you said.

He smiled.

"So, will you be my girl?" He asked.

"Yes, I will."

He grabbed your hands and said, "I won't hurt you."

"I know you won't."