"I Can Stand The Rain"

Note: If you want, you can listen to the song while reading the imagine. <3

~~~~

"You know, a lot of people hate this weather, but I personally love the rain," You said.

"So do I. It's beautiful, really. People in Los Angeles just aren't used to the rain. They aren't used to the slippery roads, and since none of them can drive, they cause accidents," Michael responded, smiling to himself.

You giggled softly. "You aren't wrong about that."

Michael put down the brush and began separating your hair into three sections. The two of you were sat in front of the sliding glass door, watching the rain patter against the window. Michael was sitting on the couch and you were sitting on the floor. Both of his legs were on either side of you. He'd asked to braid your hair tonight, something he'd never asked to do before. At first, you were surprised. You didn't even think Michael knew how to braid. Nevertheless, you didn't hesitate to let him do as he'd asked.

When the radio announcer began speaking again, you turned your head towards the stereo.

"Tonight, we have a little something that'll go perfectly with the weather. So, all you cute little couples out there, grab your hubbies and wifeys, because this is one you guys are gonna wanna dance to," the voice said seductively.

Straightaway, "Can You Stand The Rain" by New Edition began playing. Michael tied off the end of your braid before standing up. He stepped over you and turned to face you.

While extending a hand, he asked, "May I have this dance?"

You smiled girlishly before nodding. "Without question."

You placed your hand in his and allowed him to pull you up. Michael smiled down at you, doe eyes shining like the blanketed stars above you. Pulling your hands up, he held them to the side before wrapping his arm around your waist. Acting gently, you stepped closer to him and leaned your head on his shoulder. He placed a kiss on your head and rubbed your back.

"On a perfect day, I know that I can count on you. When that's not possible,
tell me can you weather the storm?" The voices echoed from the radio.

Michael lead you in the steps, knowing that you felt most comfortable when he guided you.

"'Cause I need somebody who will stand by me. Through the good times and bad times, she will always, always be right there."

At first, you two swayed from side to side. Then, Michael began leading you in a slow, gentle prance. Your feet moved in synch with his. The rain continued to patter against the window as you guys danced like two loving souls in a dark room.

"Sunny days, everybody loves them. Tell me baby can you stand the rain? Storms will come. This we know for sure (This we know for sure). Can you stand the rain?"

He stretched your arms out and scooted to the side. You looked up at him, curious to know what dance move he was guiding you to next. Since you were no longer directly in front of him, he wrapped his other arm around your waist and began walking the two of you in a circle. You giggled slightly as he spun you out before pulling you back to him.

"Love unconditional, I'm not asking just of you. And girl to make it last, I'll do whatever needs to be done. But I need somebody who will stand by me.
When it's tough she won't run
She will always, be right there for me."

Michael pulled back and smiled cheekily. You gave him a questioning look as he raised his eyebrows. He gripped your waist and lifted you into the air. You gasped and laughed, wrapping your legs around his waist. He laughed at your facial expression and leaned in to place a kiss on your lips. You wrapped your arms around his shoulders and accepted his tender lips.