Open Road

Y/N

Y/N

"Y/N?" Michael whispered, shaking you gently.

"Hm?" You hummed, stirring slightly in your sleep.

"Come on. We've gotta go," he whispered excitedly, gently pulling the covers off of your body.

"What?" You mumbled, opening your eyes in confusion, "Go? Where? It's the middle of the night."

"I know. It's okay. You just gotta get dressed, baby. Our stuff is already in the car headed to the airport. Come on," he said—louder this time—helping you sit up.

"What the hell, Michael?" You groaned, rubbing your eyes, before glancing at the clock. "What're you doing? It's 3am."

"It's a surprise," Michael responded simply, causing realization to cross your tired mind.

Michael had gifted you with surprise vacations to mystery destinations before. However, he never failed to be completely spontaneous when informing you about them. In most cases, he would tell you about the planned trip on the night you were scheduled to leave.

"Here, just get what you need done in the bathroom. I've already got some clothes for you here," he said, excitement lacing its way into his voice.

In the dark bedroom, you turned to look at the foot of the bed and spotted a pile of clothes that had clearly been thrown together. As your eyes adjusted, you quickly noticed that they were Michael's clothes.

"We're gettin' on a plane," Michael explained, "I figured you might be more comfortable in something of mine."

"You know me too well," you replied, a giggle escaping your lips as you stood up, "I'm gonna freshen up—brush my teeth and stuff—and then I'll be out. Who packed for me?"