The Terror Stripped Her Of The Light

This is a sequel following the previous imagine.

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive

"Hero" - Mariah Carey

~~~~

Michael

"No, please," a voice whispered, causing me to open my eyes. When I opened my eyes to view the dark room, I immediately caught sight of the restless, shirt-clad body lying next to me. Y/N was moving around slightly, one of her hands gripping her shirt tightly. "Please, please. Michael, Michael I need you. Please. Help me!"

My eyes widened as I sat up quickly. Gripping her shoulders gently, I began trying to shake her awake. "Y/N. Baby, it's just a dream. Come on, now." I tried to wake her gently. I was afraid that, if I woke her too roughly, it would frighten her further. She'd already been through enough within the past couple of days. The last thing I wanted to do was make matters worse.

Rather than waking up from her nightmare, however, she attempted to fight me off in her sleep. "No, stop! Please!" Grabbing her wrists, I restrained her, afraid that she would end up hurting herself with her flailing arms. As soon as I attempted to immobilize her, she began to flail harder. "Michael, help me!"

"I'm here, baby. I'm right here! Please wake up," I pleaded, beginning to panic as her movements only got wilder. It was clear that she was trying to make desperate attempts to escape my grip. "You're gonna hurt yourself!"

At last, she sucked in a gasp and opened her eyes. She sat up sharply as she looked around the room, a look of confusion spread across her face. Then, she noticed my hands holding her and began to struggle once again. "No!" She cried, tugging at my grip. When she tried to jump off the bed, I quickly caught her by her waist and tugged her back to me. "Baby, baby, it's me! I'm here!" I said, attempting to calm her panic, "It's just me."

Almost instantly, her struggling came to a halt. "M-Mike?" she choked, looking at me. Her facial expression held nothing but utter shock. It was as if she hadn't expected me to be here. She was so engrossed in her realistic nightmare that the sight of me sitting next to her couldn't register in her mind. My heart broke at the sight of her terrified, watery eyes.

"I'm right here. It was only a dream," I whispered, rubbing her back.

After another moment of shock, her bottom lip began to quiver. "I-I . . ." she began, unable to get a sentence out.

My eyes softened. "Oh, baby. Come here," I said, pulling her to me. Y/N was still injured from the incident, so I acted gently as I positioned my hands around her waist. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and tucked her head into the crook of my neck. There, in the comfort of my arms, is where she released her sobs. I smoothed my hand over her long, tousled hair, beginning to rock her back and forth. "It's okay, baby. You're okay, now."

As much as I tried to comfort her, I couldn't shake the anger that boiled within my heart. Those devils were bold enough to break into our family home and attempt to sexually assault my baby. My blood boiled as I thought about the possible alternative outcomes of the situation. The police said they reached the bedroom 'just in time', but I strongly disagreed. 'Just in time' would have been before those imbeciles got the chance to lay a finger on Y/N. I let out a sigh as I held her closer. Though I was infuriated by the events that took place, I was thankful that she was safe.